Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

So how is Odell Beckham going to be worth a late first round pick as a sophomore with a tiny sample size?

His 8 game sample size was historically great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
And Eli doesn't give a fuuuuck

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cigar Aficionado posted:

So how is Odell Beckham going to be worth a late first round pick as a sophomore with a tiny sample size?

He isn't.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Papes posted:

His 8 game sample size was historically great.

And Cruz was gone, so they were force feeding Odell the ball. When Cruz was healthy, Odell didn't do jack poo poo and that's why I'm not drafting him in the first round.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

89 posted:

And Cruz was gone, so they were force feeding Odell the ball. When Cruz was healthy, Odell didn't do jack poo poo and that's why I'm not drafting him in the first round.

Wasn't Beckham out most of that time with a hamstring injury?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LmaoTheKid posted:

Wasn't Beckham out most of that time with a hamstring injury?

Coincidence? I think not.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

He missed pretty much all of camp, and the first four games of last season with a hamstring injury. He didn't do anything the first four games, because he didn't even play.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

89 posted:

Good news, Cruz will never be healthy again

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Gearman posted:

He missed pretty much all of camp, and the first four games of last season with a hamstring injury. He didn't do anything the first four games, because he didn't even play.
You really don't want to miss with your first pick and OBJ has way too many red flags for me to spend my first pick on him.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

89 posted:

A player didn't do jack poo poo in games they didn't even play? I could definitely see that as a red flag to not draft someone early.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No one draft Charles in the first round. For the last 6 months he's had no rushing yards or TDS.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

jabro posted:

No one draft Charles in the first round. For the last 6 months he's had no rushing yards or TDS.

:laffo:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wow thanks NFL.com ranks for this:

1.01 Le'Veon Bell
2.10 AJ Green
3.01 Andrew Luck
4.10 Frank Gore
5.01 Melvin Gordon
6.10 Brandon Marshall
7.01 Travis Kelce
8.10 TJ Yeldon
9.01 CJ Spiller
10.10 Golden Tate
11.01 Martavis Bryant
12.10 Charles Johnson
13.01 Ameer Abdullah
14.10 Rams DST
15.01 Steven Hauschka

Anyway see ya at the championship

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Spoeank posted:

1.01 Le'Veon Bell
2.10 AJ Green
3.01 Andrew Luck
4.10 Frank Gore
5.01 Melvin Gordon
6.10 Brandon Marshall
7.01 Travis Kelce
8.10 TJ Yeldon
9.01 CJ Spiller
10.10 Golden Tate
11.01 Martavis Bryant
12.10 Charles Johnson
13.01 Ameer Abdullah
14.10 Rams DST
15.01 Steven Hauschka

I know thats a 10 man but god drat son.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
In what universe does Luck fall to the 3rd round.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

pangstrom posted:

In what universe does Luck fall to the 3rd round.

Thats about the least egregious thing for me in this draft. I think its cooler that he got 10 fourth/fifth round picks.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
To answer your questions, the NFL.com draft room ranks are complete garbage & people reached for DSTs and backup QBs.

Also it's a 6 point per passing TD league too. :getin:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
trade one of your billion RBs for a WR2

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Spoeank posted:

1.01 Le'Veon Bell
2.10 AJ Green
3.01 Andrew Luck
4.10 Frank Gore
5.01 Melvin Gordon
6.10 Brandon Marshall
7.01 Travis Kelce
8.10 TJ Yeldon
9.01 CJ Spiller
10.10 Golden Tate
11.01 Martavis Bryant
12.10 Charles Johnson
13.01 Ameer Abdullah
14.10 Rams DST
15.01 Steven Hauschka

Spoiler alert you're going to go 4-7 and miss the playoffs because :thatsfantasy:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dandy Kaiser posted:

He has 3 WR2s.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Marshall Tate and possibly Bryant are wr2

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

not any that i'd want to rely on for a whole season in a 10 team league

e: Tate, yeah, but even then if you start 3 I'd want another.

e2: He still has 6 RBs, Brandon Marshall gets hurt a lot and has The Geno Factor. Tate is fine and Bryant is getting passed. You need another WR. Well, need is a strong word, but I'd want one and I'm sure you could get one.

e3: I probably would've taken another WR over Yeldon, I'm wondering who was there.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 8, 2015

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Good luck deciding who to start each week tho

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeah my WR2 is (comparatively) bad. From my mock last night I knew I could get a bunch of RB late because the ranks suck, so my plan was RB/WR/WR but then Andrew Luck happened and here we are. I'm trying to make a trade now though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still think Martavis will be a fine WR2. Even if Wheaton starts the season they're still going to run a bunch of 3-WR sets, especially when Le'Veon is out, and it's only a matter of time before Wheaton faceplants just like he did last year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just realized I busted on all three of my first picks last year (Megatron, Brandon Marshall, & Zac Stacy)....but I still won the championship 😎

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Just curious if anyone has tried bye week stacking (targeting players with the same bye week) and how it worked out.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Zack posted:

Just curious if anyone has tried bye week stacking (targeting players with the same bye week) and how it worked out.

I wouldn't purposely do that because that limits the players you can take

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Zack posted:

I don't stack but I basically ignore them so if I end up hosed one week then so be it. You can usually find waiver options.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

LmaoTheKid posted:

I don't stack but I basically ignore them so if I end up hosed one week then so be it. You can usually find waiver options.

This, but during the season I usually like feel out some trades with the team I'm playing a player's bye week (in essence using otherwise fair trades to stack myself with a few easy matchups).

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Forever_Peace posted:

This, but during the season I usually like feel out some trades with the team I'm playing a player's bye week (in essence using otherwise fair trades to stack myself with a few easy matchups).

Cool, gonna try this! I read the Matthew Berry Manifesto, I read it every year. He mentions bye week stacking, I mean you can't go looking for it, but if it happens with ADP then really you blow a week and our overpowered every other week.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Forever_Peace posted:

That's pretty clever I never thought to try that.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
First draft is in three hours :derp:

This league's doing no free agency until the start of the season which, for a league drafting this early, puts a lot of extra pressure on the last couple of rounds.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Zypher posted:

First draft is in three hours :derp:

This league's doing no free agency until the start of the season which, for a league drafting this early, puts a lot of extra pressure on the last couple of rounds.

Don't draft a kicker or defense and pick up lotto tickets instead.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'd normally be down with that plan, but I think the ESPN draft tool requires you to fill out your roster. I guess I'll find out soon!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It does. My family league is actually locking rosters so you have to draft a DST and PK. Otherwise jerks like me hound the waiver wire.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I always hated that about ESPN leagues.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Guys, it's back: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735414

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Don't draft a kicker or defense and pick up lotto tickets instead.

Does 14 team league change this? I'm probably still going to, but just wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ok guys lay it on me. 12 team ppr.

QB- cam newton
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- latavius Murray
WR- Antonio brown
WR- Jordan Matthews
FLEX: Michael Floyd
TE: Julius Thomas