Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Did you lower your sensitivity yet? You should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I figured this game out boys.

How to win at Dust_2. Be CT. Buy a P90, armor/helm, 2 flashes. Rush double doors.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I played with a dude named phoon just now. Another guy on my team I think got inspired because I kept hearing the phoon song blaring in the background. After the half he rounded it out with sandstorm :allears:

mstrkrft posted:

Yeah there isn't a lot of cool M4A4 skins other than the Howl.

I actually think Evil Daimyo battlescarred looks great because it's just a hosed up red and black paintjob. The only skins I actually like for the M4A1s is like 200 bucks so I'm without a skin for it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

no_funeral posted:

Don't watch war Owl videos

WarOwl is just fine.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ferret King posted:

WarOwl is just fine.

wrongo

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
If you're just starting out, you could do worse things than watch warowl videos.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Just play the game instead of watching some milfur weirdo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I figured this game out boys.

How to win at Dust_2. Be CT. Buy a P90, armor/helm, 2 flashes. Rush double doors.

Do this but switch it up sometimes by throwing a flash into B tunnel and rushing in after with your p90. Also, rushing cat with a p90.

P90

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Buck Turgidson posted:

Just play the game instead of watching some milfur weirdo

Youtube weirdos have lots of handy information for new players. You could play a hypothetical 10 games to figure out X minor detail or you can just watch one video and pick it up from there

Warowl and such are completely fine for beginners

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Do this but switch it up sometimes by throwing a flash into B tunnel and rushing in after with your p90. Also, rushing cat with a p90.

P90

no one expects the fastcat

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Bohemian Nights posted:

Youtube weirdos have lots of handy information for new players. You could play a hypothetical 10 games to figure out X minor detail or you can just watch one video and pick it up from there

Warowl and such are completely fine for beginners

Ehh if you're totally new just watch the American AdreN's tutorial stuff.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Antares posted:

no one expects the fastcat

I actually have had a lot of success running fastcat if they're steamrolling cat most rounds. 57 + flash usually guarantees at least a kill or two.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Gotta say, this IEM format is pretty entertaining. And it's fun to see Chobra doing CSGO events. :3:

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
An Envy/TSM bo5 at 7:30pm is pretty great

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Ok that just happened. :stare:

Edit: http://oddshot.tv/shot/esl-csgo-20150808105249765

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
yep

e:

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Aug 8, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

That's just painful to watch

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
Couldn't sleep, decided to run a quick soloqueue on office for shits and grins. Get matched against novas, win 16-4 with 35 kills and 9 mvps.

I got DMG for beating 4 novas and an MG1.

Kinda glad I finally made it to the barest end of respectable!

i mean, planting hitboxes are kinda fubar, but still dude. 7 seconds. you can slow your roll, homie.

mad props to kenny for the sick shots tho.

The Blue Caboose fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 8, 2015

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
USP against an armored opponent takes a lot of shots. Should've just awped him, crappy hitboxes be damned.

Then again I've had a point blank zeus shot miss a planter when it was pointed right at his chest so I have no idea where the hitbox is.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

drat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIu8vzPlE5g

:laffo:

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Love that movie.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Rahu posted:

Did you lower your sensitivity yet? You should.

I thought I was at a low sensitivity. I was told by three different people speccing me that mine looked way too high.

1.85 @ 400 dpi.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Watch one of your demos and pay attention to where you're looking. My sens is 2.3 @ 400 but it looked a lot higher because I move my mouse around way too much and it looks jittery.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Ephedra posted:

I thought I was at a low sensitivity. I was told by three different people speccing me that mine looked way too high.

1.85 @ 400 dpi.

That's pretty much in the middle of the pack in terms of what sensitivities pros usually play with, so it's definitely not way too high

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaM765-S515ibLyPaBtMnBz7xiao0HL5f-F1zk_CSF4/htmlview?sle=true

e: every time I look at that document I smh at the higher sensitivities on like elige and fox, I just don't understand how it's possible to play with a sensitivity where the slightest nudge of the mouse sends you spinning 720°

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 8, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

They aim with wrist.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

1.5 at 800 dpi

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

its a comfortable sens for both rifling and sick awp flicks, please do not troll me for having the incorrect numbers on my computer

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I see you accidentally put a 1 in front of your .5 there.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i have no idea what sensitivity i'm playing at i just make sure i'm on preset 1 of 5 on my mouse when i'm playing CS

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

exethan posted:

i have no idea what sensitivity i'm playing at i just make sure i'm on preset 1 of 5 on my mouse when i'm playing CS

This is maybe a reason why you're probably bad

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

mcvey posted:

This is maybe a reason why you're probably bad

"probably"

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

exethan posted:

Please, have some degree of empathy & consideration for the sanity your fellow man and atleast make sure your mouse acceleration is off

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i also play on 1920 x 1080 with all my settings maxed the gently caress out.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

exethan posted:

That's fine but fix your sens

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

also i dunno about 10 but windows 7 has/had Secret Smoothing even if it's off in control panel, you probably want to disable that

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

exethan posted:

nothing wrong with that, i play at 1080p with everything maxed besides shaders and am a supreme.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Back to sens talk?

I've steadily kept going down. Currently doing well with 1.5@500. All my settings are medium to low, 1600x900. Decent MG2 I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I'm watching the dota 2 international right now, and it's pretty funny to see 12th place getting $220k out of a prize pool of $18mil+ compared to the total prize pool of $250k featured in the upcoming ESL cologne

• Locked thread