Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

JazzFlight posted:

yeah duh you think i want to watch a boring rear end republican debate
the only entertaining parts of the night were when the questions would loop around to trump again or the christie/paul fight

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/07/media/gop-debate-fox-news-ratings/

Trump is going to conquer the GOP through exploiting its own media machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Tricky D posted:

A post-game show anchored by Megyn Kelly had 11.1 million viewers, a 1000% increase over the time slot's usual total viewership.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Third World Reggin posted:

A post-game show anchored by Megyn Kelly had 11.1 million viewers, a 1000% increase over the time slot's usual total viewership.

I watched it. It was hilarious.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
It's amazing watching all the GOP establishments scream "TRUMP LOST THE DEBATE HE CAME OFF POORLY!!!" and his numbers still go up.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

eric posted:

It's amazing watching all the GOP establishments scream "TRUMP LOST THE DEBATE HE CAME OFF POORLY!!!" and his numbers still go up.

It's like they think if they say it often enough it will magically come true!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

PT6A posted:

It's like they think if they say it often enough it will magically come true!

It has been a successful tactic for every other issue. Unfortunately for them, the news media never prepared for the Trump card.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the Trump card is pulling an ace out of your opponent's sleeve and completing your royal flush

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Excelzior posted:

the Trump card is pulling an ace out of your opponent's sleeve and completing your royal flush

Then calling him a loser.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Tricky D posted:

Fox's promotional tag for this has a picture of all the candidates but Trump lol.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I kinda want to Trump to win just to see what an executive branch run only on the power of Hot Takes looks like.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Excelzior posted:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Excelzior posted:

Tricky D posted:

Then calling him a loser.

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008
Pump and Dump Trump

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The amazing thing about Trump is that since he's built his entire career around saying crazy things and acting like an arrogant prick he's immune to being called out on it. If they wanna sink him they just need to ask boring rear end questions about entitlement reform and have the audience fall asleep.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Every time I see Trump I think of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5uZQ24G6Q#t=1m40s

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
The only way he's going to lose is if another candidate pulls his wig off during a debate.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I Am A Robot posted:

The only way he's going to lose is if another candidate pulls his wig off during a debate.

revealing a tiny alien controlling him with tiny joysticks

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Otacon posted:

revealing a tiny alien controlling him with tiny joysticks
"If Donald Trump's head splits open and a UFO should fly out, I want you to have expected it."

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

The amazing thing about Trump is that since he's built his entire career around saying crazy things and acting like an arrogant prick he's immune to being called out on it. If they wanna sink him they just need to ask boring rear end questions about entitlement reform and have the audience fall asleep.

these loser soldiers think they're entitled to benefits? they lost a fuckin war in the 70s while i was building my wealth. if anything i'm entitled to benefits more than those schmucks

*trump leads the polls by 100 points*

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Dieting Hippo posted:

these loser soldiers think they're entitled to benefits? they lost a fuckin war in the 70s while i was building my wealth. if anything i'm entitled to benefits more than those schmucks

*trump leads the polls by 100 points*

Donald Trump has stated that we're currently doing a terrible job with veteran's benefits and wants to fix that.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Donald Trump has stated that we're currently doing a terrible job with veteran's benefits and wants to fix that.

He's going to fire the entire VA staff and use the next season of the Apprentice to hire the next director.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

They won't. Trump would have expected boring questions and prepared fiery answers. His entire career is about firing up boring crap and selling them as gold. Trump is acting as the president the rep base has been expecting. The regular candidates are walking on razor thin path of not pissing off their base while trying to woo swing voters. Each side has 40% votes in the bag, they're all fighting for the 20% swing voters. While the rep candidates are fighting for the 20%, Trump is stealing their 40%.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Tricky D posted:

He's going to fire the entire VA staff and use the next season of the Apprentice to hire the next director.

Hell, I can think of worse ways to handle it.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
yeah qualified medical professionals are a dime a dozen in this country

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

I Am A Robot posted:

someone in scotland stuck a balloon on his head once. the static charge was not enough to take the wig off

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish someone would ask Bush what his thoughts are regarding being former gov of a state that won't exist as we know it by the end of the century thanks to sea level rise.

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!

Excelzior posted:

e : also "Jeb Bush" is like "ATM machine" and it loving bothers me

gob bluth

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
Its great when I just click on google news as i often do and this is the top headline in the whole world

Donald Trump: "I will be phenomenal to the women"

The entire article so good, it doesnt even need anything else, any other material in it would just be denigrating the perfect words of President-Elect Trump

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tricky D posted:

Congratulations to Americans on finding their own Berlusconi.

Berlusconi in charge of thousands of nuclear missiles.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Quotin from the Politoons thread:

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

The Human Crouton posted:

drat, I love this. I've been a Republican my entire life, and I've always hated the party system. I don't care which one dies first. Go Trump. Kill my party. Be my president.

hahaha get the fuuuuuuuuuck outta here

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Nagato posted:

Its great when I just click on google news as i often do and this is the top headline in the whole world

The entire article so good, it doesnt even need anything else, any other material in it would just be denigrating the perfect words of President-Elect Trump

I too care about people, and women.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Nagato posted:

I love how it ends with "He [Trump] went on to list several states where he says the polls show him in first place."

:allears:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Like Trump, I also care about all the binders full of the women.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Well they do have three holes. :shrug:

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Helical Nightmares posted:

Well they do have three holes. :shrug:

WHOA.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien