Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Nappa and Vegeta rebond over the idea of what Raditz and Nappa would look like if they go Super Saiyan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Looks like we'll be close to done with BoG by the end of the month

quote:

Episode #5 — 09 August 2015
界王星の決戦!悟空VS破壊神ビルス
Kaiō-sei no Kessen! Gokū Tai Hakaishin Birusu
Showdown on Kaiō’s Planet! Goku vs God of Destruction Beerus
Episode #6 — 16 August 2015
破壊神を怒らせるな!ドキドキ誕生パーティー
Hakaishin o Okoraseru na! Doki-Doki Tanjō Pātī
Don’t Anger the God of Destruction! The Heart Pounding Birthday Party
Episode #7 — 23 August 2015
よくもオレのブルマを!ベジータ怒りの突然変異!?
Yokumo Ore no Buruma o! Bejīta Ikari no Totsuzenhen’i!?
How Dare You Hit My Bulma! Vegeta’s Furious Mutation?!
Episode #8 — 30 August 2015
悟空見参だ!ビルス様からのラストチャンス!?
Tsu ni Gokū ga Kenzan da! Birusu-sama Kara no Rasuto Chansu!?
Goku Steps Up! The Last Chance From Beerus-sama?!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The idea of Frieza being beaten into becoming an average Joe was funny but it would have been just too weird to actually happen, even by Dragon Ball standards. It would be like if the guy who shot Batman's parents joined the Justice League.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Thank you so much for this. :magical:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mycot posted:

The idea of Frieza being beaten into becoming an average Joe was funny but it would have been just too weird to actually happen, even by Dragon Ball standards. It would be like if the guy who shot Batman's parents joined the Justice League.

Joe Chill was just doing his job.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Kild posted:

Joe Chill was just doing his job.

Beerus asked Joe Chill to murder Bruce;s parents

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

facebook jihad posted:

I guess there's a group who wants DB to become some weird slice of life comedy.

When you take how fed up people get with power-chat and new SSJ forms and everyone but Goku jobbing out, and combine it with the intense popularity of Piccolo driving cars and Vegeta doing the Bingo dance and Mister Satan being great I guess I can see where the appeal comes from.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be honest I would be cool with them eliminating fighting completely. It is kind of boring, especially in the movies.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

people want Raditz and Nappa to come back because they're saiyans, mostly. db has a history of not really redeeming bad guys so much as having them forced to team up with the heroes so long they just forget how to be evil (but still basically act the same. see: piccolo, vegeta) so it kind of makes sense

and there's two perfectly good saiyans just sitting around, dead, that vegeta knew, personally, since he was a kid. you'd think if he was so concerned about the saiyan race he'd at least bring those guys back. bringing all the saiyans back is a bad and stupid idea but these guys would probably chill out if their prince was like 'yo earth is ok and im the richest guy on the planet so im basically in charge, have some of this kickass food and lets train in my gravity chamber'.

but mostly

its because saiyans are the only ones allowed to do anything. and that would give us more saiyans.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DBZ:A has basically taken over as the official English voices for me by this point. I struggle to associate that Nerdist video with Dragon Ball.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be honest I would be cool with them eliminating fighting completely. It is kind of boring, especially in the movies.

I'm sorry but you're old now, please turn in your Dragon Ball watching license

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

facebook jihad posted:

Radditz was a completely irredeemable piece of poo poo and one of the most evil bad guys in the series.

Radditz didn't even do all that much, he had one fight and died Vegeta is way more irredeemable he blew up his own ally. And piccolo kidnapped Gohan too so you can't use that as an excuse.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah this is pretty much dbfanshatedb.txt.

I get there is a theme of bad guys becoming good guys throughout the series, but there were also tons of others who didn't get that treatment. Also, outside of Vegeta, the ones who did 'convert' had a side of them that wasn't so bad. Vegeta is included if you count his time in the Freeza arc (throw in those arguments that Toriyama didn't want him to come back originally as well).

Yamaha was kind of a joke antagonist to start, Tien was an rear end in a top hat for about 20 minutes but starts showing signs of good intention with the Jackie Chan fight, King Piccolo seemed to care for his children, while Piccolo shows instances throughout of not having the same tenacity his father did, the androids were morally neutral outside of killing Goku (in this timeline at least), and same with Fat Buu.

Plus there were several bad guys who were taken out and never heard from again, going all the way back to King Carrot. Hell even Pilaf is still considered an antagonist and he's probably the goofiest antagonist in the series.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Elfgames posted:

Radditz didn't even do all that much, he had one fight and died Vegeta is way more irredeemable he blew up his own ally. And piccolo kidnapped Gohan too so you can't use that as an excuse.

Radditz kidnapped his brother's son in an attempt to coerce Goku to commit genocide, then lied and cheated his way out of trouble. Radditz didn't 'do much', but what he did was some of the most vile stuff in the series.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I like the idea of some more mundane stuff in the new show because I feel that DBZ getting away from the DragonBall comedy to the extent it did was a mistake. I still love all the fighting shounen action stuff, and the mundane stuff is only so funny because of the contrast. I actually can't stand pure slice of life shows, and I don't think I'd watch DragonBall if it went all the way there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

facebook jihad posted:

Yeah this is pretty much dbfanshatedb.txt.

No it isn't I don't hate db at all nice try fucker

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I really like the banter, the fighting is just an excuse to have banter.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Dragon Ball is never going to become as banal as My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute?!?!! or Dog Days and that is a good thing tbh.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fighting in the early movies especially is far and away better done than in the show

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

facebook jihad posted:

Radditz kidnapped his brother's son in an attempt to coerce Goku to commit genocide, then lied and cheated his way out of trouble. Radditz didn't 'do much', but what he did was some of the most vile stuff in the series.

That is honestly pretty tame compared to Vegeta, Frieza, Buu and Piccolo actually.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

The fighting in the early movies especially is far and away better done than in the show

I was talking about the new movies, bog and rof

Fusion reborn had some fun fights.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That is honestly pretty tame compared to Vegeta, Frieza, Buu and Piccolo actually.

I think he's refering to Radditz taking advantage of Goku's compassion, which is actually one of the biggest dick moves in the series. Frieza and King Piccolo did that too, but I don't think any other mayor villain did.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Petiso posted:

I think he's refering to Radditz taking advantage of Goku's compassion, which is actually one of the biggest dick moves in the series. Frieza and King Piccolo did that too, but I don't think any other mayor villain did.

King Dog was no mayor but he happily took advantage of Goku's compassion to have him kill his enemy

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

facebook jihad posted:

Plus there were several bad guys who were taken out and never heard from again, going all the way back to King Carrot. Hell even Pilaf is still considered an antagonist and he's probably the goofiest antagonist in the series.

The Pilaf Gang is basically Team Rocket, they'll never be the good guys but they'll never be outright evil either.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bring back General Blue

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The audience at my theater waas pretty onboard with that preshow for ROF which I guess makes me a curmudgeon since that trivia poo poo went on for far too long.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

The audience at my theater waas pretty onboard with that preshow for ROF which I guess makes me a curmudgeon since that trivia poo poo went on for far too long.

you mean you werent shouting out answers along with everyone else in the theater?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mabels big day posted:

you mean you werent shouting out answers along with everyone else in the theater?

I was stewing in anger because that last question about how many planets Frieza didn't actually have a proper answer.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Stairmaster posted:

I cheered when they announced the last question because I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I was just laughing at how Jason Douglas wasn't even trying to give proper answers

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Dragonball could strike a good balance between action and humour. Unfortunately Super hasn't featured either yet

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Battle of gods was a great balance(Except for some of the poo poo in the directors cut).

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get a preshow. I didn't get poo poo. I had previews for the new Chipmunks movie. gently caress youuuuuuuuu

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Revival of F was loving awesome. Just got back. There was a mentally disabled kid in our row that made a lot of it unintentionally hilarious. At first I was kinda irritated that his parents didn't even attempt to calm him down, but his joy was infectious. When Gohan went Super Saiyan for that brief moment, he was like "Oh boy, it's about to go down!" really loud and it got a lot of laughs. :3:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

New Leaf posted:

Revival of F was loving awesome. Just got back. There was a mentally disabled kid in our row that made a lot of it unintentionally hilarious. At first I was kinda irritated that his parents didn't even attempt to calm him down, but his joy was infectious. When Gohan went Super Saiyan for that brief moment, he was like "Oh boy, it's about to go down!" really loud and it got a lot of laughs. :3:

this is why dbz owns

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Also, minorest of spoilers: Did anyone else think that it was weird that Frieza said his power level could be 1.3 million? Translation error? Also, Tien said it was too dangerous for Yamcha and Chiaotzu but Krillin brought Master loving Roshi? I mean, I LOVE seeing Roshi throw down- he kicked some major rear end- but still, Yamcha at least has been over Roshi's level for ages now, hasn't he? And Tien and Chiaotzu are training constantly. Guess they peaked earlier than I remembered.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

New Leaf posted:

Also, minorest of spoilers: Did anyone else think that it was weird that Frieza said his power level could be 1.3 million? Translation error? Also, Tien said it was too dangerous for Yamcha and Chiaotzu but Krillin brought Master loving Roshi? I mean, I LOVE seeing Roshi throw down- he kicked some major rear end- but still, Yamcha at least has been over Roshi's level for ages now, hasn't he? And Tien and Chiaotzu are training constantly. Guess they peaked earlier than I remembered.

Believe he was talking about his first form in that. He clearly exceeded that. Also Roshi just kinda showed up with Krillin while getting some Senzus, dunno if he intended on staying there.

Or, alternatively:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooS673vtNtQ

TFS Tien helped Toriyama with the original script details.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Well when Bulma called Krillin she was in GET EVERYONE YOU CAN, WE NEED EVERYONE mode and Krillin was down with that so he ran off to get Roshi. I imagine he was surprised when Chiaotsu, Buu, Goten, Trunks, etc weren't there but he just kind of rolls with everything so he didn't bring it up. Alternately, Roshi wanted to get some exercise. It was pretty rad to see him in action again, pretty close to keeping up with everyone else. I think Roshi usually stays out of things because he's lazy or scared of dying more than anything else, not because he's weak. Dude's an ancient martial arts master, he's probably more capable than he lets on even if he's been retired or slacking off.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 8, 2015

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We need Tights to show up in a movie or Super or something. Maybe Tarble can show up too.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
There was also a kid with an issue at the theater I just saw it at. I couldn't hear, but my girlfriend said she kept hearing him loudly whisper "super saiyan super saiyan super saiyan".

I don't know if there was a projector issue or what, but the SSGSS hair looked green. Nothing else looked weird so idk. I loved Jaco. He's the best.

• Locked thread