Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Opposing Farce posted:

It wasn't really even the adds that got me, since if I popped the damage buff+Battle Frenzy+Whirlwind all at once I could kill them if not immediately at least before they could do any significant damage. The main problem was that I was taking a ton of damage from the boss's autoattacks and they eventually whittled me down even if I wasn't taking damage from anything else.

Yeah, that's the issue with the promo Berserker. Your damage is just poo poo.

As a real Berserker I start that fight by taking the boss to 5-6 HP bars during the first Thirst for Battle. 6-7 bars on impossible. This is with 3 Fractures or one Crippling Blow (with the Wounded Beast buff) and two Fractures. Once the adds spawn I will have Firestorm (replaces Whirlwind every 50 seconds, no rage cost) up and the adds will die before doing anything. If the boss isn't dead by the time it spawns another set of adds, Whirlwind with an impulse charge (and Whirlwind chain) will take care of them. Battle Frenzy is absolutely not necessary for any of this but I usually save it for the adds just in case.

If the promo Berserker had Tenacity you'd probably be fine, though. You rely on Battle Frenzy to get you ahead in fights by either letting you ignore avoidable damage while you continue killing the boss, or by significantly reducing incoming unavoidable damage so you don't get into an unwinnable fight. But if you don't have Tenacity, you're trading away a significant portion of your damage output by spending Rage to stay alive when it should have been spent on doing more Fractures.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Queues for dps suck so much..at least at 11-12k~ prestige level. 20-30 mins + and still no queue on multiple different instances.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Welcome to every MMO ever.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
3 days and counting, no engineers. Get hosed doing those quests to make guild stuff. I have a mountain of agents, envoys and templars though.

Is there anywhere you can "buy" basic weapons for classes? I broke down the starting weapons and haven't really come across a lightbinder weapon.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Jimbosaurus posted:

3 days and counting, no engineers. Get hosed doing those quests to make guild stuff. I have a mountain of agents, envoys and templars though.

Is there anywhere you can "buy" basic weapons for classes? I broke down the starting weapons and haven't really come across a lightbinder weapon.

nope. nedder test area will get you class gear when you finish it though. just play whatever class you have poo poo for then swap to whatever you need gear for right before the end.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Just do the sensible thing, throw Templars at the problem until it goes away.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Obscurity posted:

Queues for dps suck so much..at least at 11-12k~ prestige level. 20-30 mins + and still no queue on multiple different instances.

To successfully form a 5-man through the current queue system, you need to be queued for the same instance and difficulty (of 10), 5 people of the appropriate roles must be found and everyone must be within a certain prestige range.

Just wait for the patch. It'll remove two of these requirements, massively speeding up queues. It will of course introduce two new problems: very low prestige players dragging down MSM/Daren groups either due to inexperience or missing important class skills and low prestige having a disadvantage in PvP due to the lack of symbols. Both of these issues have been addressed in a later patch.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 8, 2015

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Any tips for a new Necromancer? What talents to go towards in the ascension atlas, what stats do I want?

I was looking at this: http://guidescroll.com/2015/07/skyforge-necromancer-guide/

I'm not sure how good that guide is, he advocates going for spirit/luck..

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
So how does the Kinetic play? When I unlocked the main Atlas, I tried out a bunch in the training room and seemed to like them a lot. Are they viable in the actual game? Its pretty far from the start so I want to make sure that its worth going.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
The kinetic is actually fairly close to the starter classes. From what I've seen they're decent and fun.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I finished Lanber Forest and now it's saying I haven't even started. Is this a known bug?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I finished Lanber Forest and now it's saying I haven't even started. Is this a known bug?

Your progress in a zone resets when you finish the quests so you can get more sparks if you want

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Stormgale posted:

Your progress in a zone resets when you finish the quests so you can get more sparks if you want

Oh interesting, thanks. Is there some sort of diminishing returns I see when doing them again?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Oh interesting, thanks. Is there some sort of diminishing returns I see when doing them again?

You get replicators the second time and in a lower quantity than you would the first time. Every repeat has the same rewards though.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Patch notes say managing Order over the web is live but I can't find it anywhere on the portal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The patch isn't out yet.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

Well don't I feel smart.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Melanion posted:

Well don't I feel smart.

Let me help you out there buddy.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 8, 2015

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

Senpai noticed me! (▰˘◡˘▰)

e: My dumbshittery aside, my thought process was that a bunch of people had talked about the big patch coming "this week" and this week is almost over soooooooo

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

It's okay buddy, this isn't even the real patch. The real patch is coming to bring glorious sweeping buffs to cryomancers so they can once again crush all under their frozen boots.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
I'm sensing he is trying to tell you something....something about arrows.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Kevlar Beard posted:

Any tips for a new Necromancer? What talents to go towards in the ascension atlas, what stats do I want?

I was looking at this: http://guidescroll.com/2015/07/skyforge-necromancer-guide/

I'm not sure how good that guide is, he advocates going for spirit/luck..

The guy is saying to build accuracy, temper, luck and spirit. That doesn't seem right. Str/accuracy or temper/valour. If you build up accuracy and temper without str or valour, it kind of seems pointless.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Slaan posted:

So how does the Kinetic play? When I unlocked the main Atlas, I tried out a bunch in the training room and seemed to like them a lot. Are they viable in the actual game? Its pretty far from the start so I want to make sure that its worth going.

It's awesome, don't worry.

1) They have some pretty insane burst on a very short cooldown with their bubble + sledgehammer
2) They can clear swarms effortlessly with Chain Gravitation
3) Their survivability stuff is kind of lovely - a defensive field that has a long animation and limits your movement (but prevents 75% of damage, and your bubble makes dashes free so you can just dash out of the animation if you're positioned correctly) and a long-cooldown debuff that reduces a boss's damage. But you won't need more than that when/if you get good.

Kinetics (along with Berserkers and Witches) are highly valued DD at high prestige on the Russia server.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 8, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Good. It's my life's dream to be a Punchomancer. :911:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Slaan posted:

Good. It's my life's dream to be a Punchomancer. :911:

The first time you punch-o-mance your burst with Alchemist buffs on you will probably be pretty orgasmic

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Kinetic is ten seconds of insane numbers and then twenty seconds of filling time.

Your essential abilities and talents are sledgehammer, bouncer, quiescence, gravity anomaly, and gravity trap. How exactly you chain them together is left as an exercise to the reader.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Grayshift posted:

Kinetic is ten seconds of insane numbers and then twenty seconds of filling time.

Your essential abilities and talents are sledgehammer, bouncer, quiescence, gravity anomaly, and gravity trap. How exactly you chain them together is left as an exercise to the reader.

This pretty much sums it up.

Most of your major damage comes from abusing the AoE zone that increases your damage by 40% and a 5-second duration spell that guarantees every attack is a crit, which are both pretty long cooldowns.

Rest of the time you're trickling pretty mediocre damage though.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
If going for Gunner, is it better to slowly work the north or south path?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Is it still accurate that the goon guild is full?

Also, I noticed that for some reason enemies just drop Sparks of Transformation now for me, I guess that's...useful?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

BexGu posted:

Right-click the gunner node. Check the auto-path for any pink nodes. If there are no pink nodes, follow the auto-path.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

BexGu posted:

There's been an image posted of a table with the full costs of the northern and southern routes posted a few times, scroll back a few pages. I think the southern route is cheaper, but the main reason for choosing one should be whether you want to pass by Kinetic/Alchemist (north) or Necromancer/Monk (south).

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

FebrezeNinja posted:

There's been an image posted of a table with the full costs of the northern and southern routes posted a few times, scroll back a few pages. I think the southern route is cheaper, but the main reason for choosing one should be whether you want to pass by Kinetic/Alchemist (north) or Necromancer/Monk (south).

Really I think that is the real issue. Everyone loves the Kinetic with the Alchemist being one of the other support class that is pretty good even after the August 11th nerf. Everything I hear about the monk is that they have some real issues that have not been addressed yet.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UjAD-ZUMZc
I love what I manged to do with the running

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

BexGu posted:

Really I think that is the real issue. Everyone loves the Kinetic with the Alchemist being one of the other support class that is pretty good even after the August 11th nerf. Everything I hear about the monk is that they have some real issues that have not been addressed yet.

I think Monk's pretty neat now that I've got the hang of it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

goldjas posted:

Is it still accurate that the goon guild is full?

Also, I noticed that for some reason enemies just drop Sparks of Transformation now for me, I guess that's...useful?

I am doing another purge todayish. Pritty much anyone who gets in mumble or is high prestige will get into the guild if they ask. I will make space by kicking 1000-2000 prestige people seeing as how only a handful of days ago I let in a guy at 800 prestige and now he is 6000. If you don't like the loving game that's fine but get the gently caress out of the guild or don't ask for invites until you know the answer to that.

I want to say that 2050 prestige is literally scraping the bare minimum of what you should be to get a guild invite seeing as how we need players to keep moving up in prestige to provide us power for buildings as well as construction points. If you are 10k+ prestige and you are not in the guild yet then I will throw out HyC for you because that is how badly we need higher prestige players. Either way after this super important building is complete for all us 30k gods so we can fight invasions we will go back to guild size expasions seeing as how they don't cost loving power which we are starving on and more goons will be used for batteries to fix that.

Edit: We opened seven slots. Two are reserved as we do a change of leadership vote. Then we will have more sluts. I mean slots.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 9, 2015

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

goldjas posted:

Once you unlock all your talisman slots enemies start dropping sparks of transformation instead of the crystal things. Might be that?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Pesterchum posted:

Once you unlock all your talisman slots enemies start dropping sparks of transformation instead of the crystal things. Might be that?

Yeah, that must be it, I have all 4 of those unlocked now.

Edit: As for Prestige, I'm sitting at around 7,400 something I think? I just got access to the Veins area, so that's about where I'm at. I primarily play Paladin.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

We've just freed up 6, soon 7 spots by kicking inactives. This was determined by looking at anyone who hasn't moved more than 20 prestige between August 1 and August 9. We didn't kick anyone above 10k prestige, even the four who haven't moved 1 prestige for a week. For now.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 9, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Liberatore posted:

We've just freed up 6, soon 7 spots by kicking inactives. This was by looking at anyone who hasn't moved more than 20 prestige between August 1 and August 9. We didn't kick anyone above 10k prestige, even the four who haven't moved 1 prestige for a week. For now.

Because they are functioning as batteries until we get the guild all past 10k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Ok, so as I'm installing this game to see if I like it, you're saying the best thing for me to do is build up a few thousand prestige before seeing about joining with goons? Can I screw around in other guilds just for the social aspect until I have the required prestige for goontown?

• Locked thread