Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

"dude let me in. it's me, mittens"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

kittens screw they face up at me / on some real poo poo son they just want beef / I lock and latch that poo poo on the window /

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

that cougar wants to kill you RIP

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://vine.co/v/ewXlYBadAva

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

im happy that this guy exists

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

dont post my friday evenings

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Linux Pirate posted:

dont post my career aspirations

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ray sipe is a national treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-fFvHJOy4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJRKedSUHg4

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Mr Dog posted:

Apple cables still don't have any strain relief do they

It's fine though, I mean, even if they occasionally break, Apple cables are nothing if not reasonably-prahahahahahahahaha

No see it is a feature because now you're free to make your own strain relief, apple doesn't want to restrict you.

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
will there still be a place in the world for paying old dudes to act a fool on youtube when i get to retirement age?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my computer spent 6 hours making this

still cant get a fuckin rainbow

http://gfycat.com/GiantSimpleHadrosaurus

thats thye IOR being animated

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

madeupfred posted:

my youtube account's returned to "in good standing" because youtube's removed community violations from the same three strike system as copyright infringement and illegal content. kool.

what did you do to get a community violation

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
that's p cool and it's also making me wonder whether i could write a simple "optics bench" simulator in python or whatever. just in 2d but then have mirrors and lenses and various light sources, coherent or otherwise

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

mm time for

wait

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i'm the shot noise

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

ol qwerty bastard posted:

mm time for

wait

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://vimeo.com/57685359

lol it's so cheerful :D

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

echinopsis posted:

my computer spent 6 hours making this

still cant get a fuckin rainbow

http://gfycat.com/GiantSimpleHadrosaurus

thats thye IOR being animated

is the fake light white or a combination of all kinds of wavelengths? if the fake light is #FFFFFF, there are no different colors for the prism to split up.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

i lost it at the chorus

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

stebe...

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

it'd be useful to be able to define the light as coming from a blackbody radiator at a certain temp; is that a thing you can do in the renderer system?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Someone recycled some tapes today. I have learned that vaporwave is one of the many things India invented far before the Western world did.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

atomicthumbs posted:

Someone recycled some tapes today. I have learned that vaporwave is one of the many things India invented far before the Western world did.

please record + upload thanku

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

is the fake light white or a combination of all kinds of wavelengths? if the fake light is #FFFFFF, there are no different colors for the prism to split up.

i wonder if he can even define light as being a mixture of wavelengths in that program?

obvs the solution is to have 16777215 lights in the same spot each with a slightly different colour

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

no beastiality in yospos

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I do like the way that grid came out

if the program encounters a dispersing volume I think it just splits it into r g and b but due to the nature of how it works it'll converge to a rainbow.

the problem is I'm not sure whats the ideal IOR and angle for the prism to work

the colourful noise in the prism is coz it takes ages to clean up the noise, the beam to the right starts out really colourful and noisy but converges quickly. the problem is the GPU implementation can't do dispersion so thts CPU rendered, and giving only 6 minutes per frame isnt really enough to clear that noise but i wanted 60 frames in each direction and welp who cares

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ol qwerty bastard posted:

that's p cool and it's also making me wonder whether i could write a simple "optics bench" simulator in python or whatever. just in 2d but then have mirrors and lenses and various light sources, coherent or otherwise

a decent idea and if you understand your optics equations it shouldn't be too difficult, entry and exit densities!!

although this renderer uses special fresnel textures for IOR and I can't get them to work properly maybe that's why it's not refracting properly

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

khaleesi

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

i love her

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foS84bEZSO4&hd=1

this should be a 90 minute video of the whole movie, because that is th ebest parts

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

atomicthumbs posted:

what did you do to get a community violation

i actually had two community violations! the first one was for uploading a video that included twitter screencaps which is apparently very against the rules, and the second was for calling Lynn C. Thompson, president, founder and head CEO of Cold Steel Knives, a fucker idiot because he would not stop filing false copyright claims against my channel. for the last year or so i haven't been able to upload anything not longer than 40 seconds/360p quality/10MB in file size.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
scroogled again

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

madeupfred posted:

i actually had two community violations! the first one was for uploading a video that included twitter screencaps which is apparently very against the rules, and the second was for calling Lynn C. Thompson, president, founder and head CEO of Cold Steel Knives, a fucker idiot because he would not stop filing false copyright claims against my channel. for the last year or so i haven't been able to upload anything not longer than 40 seconds/360p quality/10MB in file size.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Valeyard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foS84bEZSO4&hd=1

this should be a 90 minute video of the whole movie, because that is th ebest parts

there are so many good parts of the movie though

• Locked thread