Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

EDIT:
That's iOS 8.4

This also occurs on iOS 8.4. (Need to be more specific)

Oh yeah, should mention this also happens in iTunes (and it's not a beta version!)

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

mistermojo posted:

Well you can do this by clicking the three dots on the lower right and then the top part of that panel. Half the time it takes me to Unknown Album by Unknown Artist though

I consider myself pretty good about figuring out stuff like this on my own (poo poo I use to be in IT, and I've rooted/flashed/jailbroken phones over the years), but Jesus Apple Music makes me feel dumb sometimes. I am sorry, but it is so...well un-Apple like.

That said since I have 'Raining Blood' and 'Jesus Saves' in my library already, it goes to my library instead of the streaming album (even if the exact song is not in my library). Not a big deal, but I have to click on show complete album from there. Also if doing it with an album that I don't have in my library at all, it does do the unknown album and unknown artist thing half the time (like you said).

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

nate fisher posted:

That said since I have 'Raining Blood' and 'Jesus Saves' in my library already, it goes to my library instead of the streaming album (even if the exact song is not in my library). Not a big deal, but I have to click on show complete album from there.
Interesting. I noticed it doing the same thing when I didn't have the specific (streaming) song in my library, but I had a couple others from the same album. The album view showed the song currently streaming, and the two that I had locally. Had to click "show complete album" to see the whole thing.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
So is this a thing that people have a problem with?

I have a station going, and want to add a song from the "For You" or "new" section and I go to click the three little dots and it just plays the song and stops the station/adds and adds the same song in the "UP NEXT:FROM MUSIC" section? Like I'd be cool with it just playing the song in the middle of the station and going back, but nope straight up gently caress you and your station.

Also, how the gently caress do I delete all these random artists in "My Music" tab? I feel old :( thanks apple.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

squarerandom posted:

Also, how the gently caress do I delete all these random artists in "My Music" tab? I feel old :( thanks apple.

The only music that should be in the My Music tab is stuff you yourself added, so there shouldn't be any random artists in there.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

The only music that should be in the My Music tab is stuff you yourself added, so there shouldn't be any random artists in there.

As of now, it says i've added x amount of artists. And I can delete-re add those artists, but when i first signed in/up(today) I have asap rocky, drake, japandroids, robin thicke, big boi2 chainz for some reason. and I absolutely can't delete them at all. Even when I started I didn't select hip-hop or hits or any of those artists.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

squarerandom posted:

As of now, it says i've added x amount of artists. And I can delete-re add those artists, but when i first signed in/up(today) I have asap rocky, drake, japandroids, robin thicke, big boi2 chainz for some reason. and I absolutely can't delete them at all. Even when I started I didn't select hip-hop or hits or any of those artists.

That's a really weird bug. For You will have suggestions, New will just have whatever they're promoting, Radio will have...radio, Connect will just have the feeds of whatever artists you hit follow on, and My Music should only be stuff you have personally put into your library, either through syncing the phone, adding from Apple Music, or put into the cloud through Apple Music or iTunes Match. It should just be this, basically:

What's yours look like? Is it like that?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Do any of the current betas fix any of the dumb UI or bugs in AM?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's identical as far as I can tell.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

That's a really weird bug. For You will have suggestions, New will just have whatever they're promoting, Radio will have...radio, Connect will just have the feeds of whatever artists you hit follow on, and My Music should only be stuff you have personally put into your library, either through syncing the phone, adding from Apple Music, or put into the cloud through Apple Music or iTunes Match. It should just be this, basically:

What's yours look like? Is it like that?

iPad postin, but the artists section has the artists I've actually added, and on the left there's the same list but with added stuff that was there previously (robin thicke, 2 chains are viewable) I called apple and they told me to redo my Choose Artists deal) I added my wife as well and she can only see her music, but can't remember if that's how it's supposed to be or if it was all shared.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Is there any way to get rid of stuff in the For You section if I know I don't like it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dantheman650 posted:

Is there any way to get rid of stuff in the For You section if I know I don't like it?

Reset your likes from your account page.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Reset your likes from your account page.

That will just make different stuff I don't want to listen to show up. I want to get rid of a specific playlist that always shows up that I will never want to listen to.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

dantheman650 posted:

That will just make different stuff I don't want to listen to show up. I want to get rid of a specific playlist that always shows up that I will never want to listen to.

Hold your finger down on the playlist and tell it you don't like the suggestion. It won't remove it right there and then but the system will know your preferences a bit begged.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So all those artists finally disappeared from my music section. I really like the recommendations when starting up the app, brings up so many bands I used to listen to and forgot about and stuff.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

squarerandom posted:

So all those artists finally disappeared from my music section. I really like the recommendations when starting up the app, brings up so many bands I used to listen to and forgot about and stuff.

Yeah, if you go through and "heart" everything you really like, it gets some really solid recommendations.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Athletic Footjob posted:

Hold your finger down on the playlist and tell it you don't like the suggestion. It won't remove it right there and then but the system will know your preferences a bit begged.

Hold my finger down, nothing pops up. Tried it on my phone and iPad.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

dantheman650 posted:

Hold my finger down, nothing pops up. Tried it on my phone and iPad.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

This sounds so dumb, but where are you holding? On the album art, on the play button, over the text? I can't get anything at all.

Also, if I click the playlist and then click the ... I still don't get that option.

Harriet Carker fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 6, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Do it on the For You screen NOT inside the playlist or album. press and hold anywhere within the suggestion.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Do it on the For You screen NOT inside the playlist or album. press and hold anywhere within the suggestion.

Not working at all. A tap opens the playlist. A press and hold for any length of time does nothing. Any ideas?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dunno, works on my iPhone. I'll try my iPad when I get home, I guess.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dantheman650 posted:

Not working at all. A tap opens the playlist. A press and hold for any length of time does nothing. Any ideas?

Endless Mike posted:

Dunno, works on my iPhone. I'll try my iPad when I get home, I guess.

Works on iPhone. Does NOT work on iPad. I just tested both.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

While better than the usual US Top 40 station, Beats 1 is still falling into the trap of playing the same songs far, far too often if you listen to it for a decent amount of time. I have it playing while I work, and I've been using it since day 1 and think if I have to listen to that 'We are the new Americana' song one more time, I might explode.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
They should double the frequency of Abstract Radio.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should have all the old shows archived, at least until the next episode, because I not only can't remember to tune in at the right time, but it's also not 1930 and I shouldn't have to sit next to my radio to hear specific shows on it.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

TheJoker138 posted:

They should have all the old shows archived, at least until the next episode, because I not only can't remember to tune in at the right time, but it's also not 1930 and I shouldn't have to sit next to my radio to hear specific shows on it.

Copyright issues. gently caress licensing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TheJoker138 posted:

I read a news piece today saying that's either been or being added. Try macrumors, I think it was on there. Sounds a bit buried. Not sure how much archive it has.

E: I stopped being lazy and found it. http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/04/beats-1-replay-features-missed-shows/

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 8, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

I read a news piece today saying that's either been or being added. Try macrumors, I think it was on there. Sounds a bit buried. Not sure how much archive it has.

E: I stopped being lazy and found it. http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/04/beats-1-replay-features-missed-shows/

This is great. Is there an easy way to get to a list of all shows? The main one I wanted to check out, Vice Radio, only ever seems to be listed immediately before it comes up for the week. I've never even been able to find the playlists of it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A lot of the good stuff is hidden away in the Connect tab.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Quantum of Phallus posted:

A lot of the good stuff is hidden away

I love the Apple Music service, but this sums it up pretty well. Lots of realllllllly good stuff. Great curated playlists, some great live shows, awesome music recommendations. But it's all just so convoluted to find what you want sometimes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TheJoker138 posted:

This is great. Is there an easy way to get to a list of all shows? The main one I wanted to check out, Vice Radio, only ever seems to be listed immediately before it comes up for the week. I've never even been able to find the playlists of it.

Even going from the tumblr link for vice music takes me to the general beats 1 page in the app. I'm guessing it'll be fixed at some point.

And yes, the problem is generally how many features it has. I'd like to think they're listening, but they can be stubborn about stuff like this. However, when it comes to keeping subscribers beyond the free period, they should be doing everything they can to please the customer base. This is a pretty big project, it's not like Ping which could just disappear without trace and nobody noticing/caring.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I'm not sure what happened but on my windows computer my iTunes no longer shows apple music.

How do I get it back?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
There's no name next to the head icon, so I'd say it's likely you're not signed in with your Apple ID.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
No I'm signed in. (I signed out and signed in.)

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Beats me (hah!), then. Maybe check your account, under subscriptions, and see if it lists an Apple Music trial? Your tabs look exactly like what I see when I'm not signed in with an account that has the trial active.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Sorry if this has already been addressed in the thread, but I didn't see it in the OP. I only listen to DJ mixes that I store on my phone and these are all around 2 hours. The old music app had no problems remembering the point in the track that I stopped listening provided I didn't close the app or turn my phone off. The new music app, though, continually restarts the track to the beginning and I have no idea what is causing it. I imagine my listening habits are rare enough to not have this planned to be addressed, so are there other good music apps for just listening to music locally (or is there a fix that someone knows of)?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mike_V posted:

Sorry if this has already been addressed in the thread, but I didn't see it in the OP. I only listen to DJ mixes that I store on my phone and these are all around 2 hours. The old music app had no problems remembering the point in the track that I stopped listening provided I didn't close the app or turn my phone off. The new music app, though, continually restarts the track to the beginning and I have no idea what is causing it. I imagine my listening habits are rare enough to not have this planned to be addressed, so are there other good music apps for just listening to music locally (or is there a fix that someone knows of)?

this is also a big issue when it comes to Beats 1 replays. having to manually find your place every time is super annnoying

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Mike_V posted:

Is "Remember playback position" checked in the Options tab of the Get Info window in iTunes for the tracks in question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

The rear end Stooge posted:

Is "Remember playback position" checked in the Options tab of the Get Info window in iTunes for the tracks in question?

I doubt it, but I never import them into iTunes, just directly to my phone through iTunes (if that makes sense). I don't think that would ultimately matter, though, since sometimes it will remember where I've stopped even after a couple days and then other times it will lose its place just a couple hours later. I'm not closing the app ever, either.

• Locked thread