Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Wk 6: Washington at USC

Good god this is gonna be a slaughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Pakled posted:

Week 11 has Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech which may, as it's expected to every year, decide the ACC Coastal.
Thanks, attempted to fix the many, many more errors in addition to that.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Manoueverable posted:

Good god this is gonna be a slaughter
Buying that USC hype or y'all that bad?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Washington's probably going to be real bad. If USC is anywhere near the hype/potential that team has by week 6 it's going to be ugly.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pugnax posted:

Man, I want to believe all of Jabrill Peppers' confidence from his media days interview, and I hope to hell he actually plays three ways.

Instead he'll probably break a leg returning the opening kickoff in the opening game. :smithfrog:

wouldn't want all that cash you paid him to go to waste

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
You could probably replace USC's entire coaching staff with chia pets and they'd still demolish Washington.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Buying that USC hype or y'all that bad?

We lost 4 defensive starters to the NFL, our entire O-line which wasn't good to begin with, and our DBs are all sophomores at best (and one was just kicked off the team). Oh yeah and our QB who was already awful quit the team.

Not to mention the fact that our team always plays precisely to expectations, so we never end up surprising anybody. We're predicted to have 4 wins, and we'll most likely have exactly that number. On the bright side, our beat writer recently re-tweeted a couple of people calling our fans out for still being entitled even though we haven't done poo poo in like 15 years so if nothing else this season will contain lots of schadenfreude from other Husky fans who think we're untouchable again

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 8, 2015

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
News: Mike Vick stopped by Virginia Tech's opening practice today

Views:

Frank Beamer likey

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
it's a real shame Beamer didn't retire years ago. he used to be good but now I think my lasting image of him is always going to be 0-0.jpg

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

A Muppet made flesh

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
If he doesn't retire soon(he is) I'm going to end up with a really bad facial tic every time I see his picture.

They also renamed the road in front of the stadium to Beamer Way a few days ago so that's yet another sign of the impending retirement. They've decided against a statue so my guess is a Bryant-Denny or Jordan-Hare stadium name situation, likely either right after he retires or potentially for his final home game or something(either this year for UNC or next year for UVA).

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

Savin' this bad boy for future use

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Savin' this bad boy for future use

If I don't see this on a huge sign on Gameday i will be very disappointed

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Taking a look at the Thursday night schedule, usual mix of second-or-third-tier P5 games, could-get-fun G5s and a few duds. Oregon @ Arizona St. looks like the highlight on paper.

Wk 7: UCLA @ Stanford

UCLA/Stanford could be a good game unless the UCLA quaterback/Stanfords new defense doesn't pan out.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Three more weeks

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Read all about Ferentz contract last night. Didn't realize the buyout terms were as such. They got a pretty easy schedule this year though.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Beamer looks loving awful, yikes

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yes, the old guy who fought cancer looks bad.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 8, 2015

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Crotch Bat posted:

Yes, the old guy who fought cancer looks bad.

Agreed.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Taking a look at the Thursday night schedule, usual mix of second-or-third-tier P5 games, could-get-fun G5s and a few duds. Oregon @ Arizona St. looks like the highlight on paper.

Wk 1: UNC-SCar, TCU @ Minnesota, OK State @ Central Michigan (AT Central Michigan?!), Michigan @ Utah
Wk 2: La Tech at W. Ky.
Wk 3: Clemson @ Louisville
Wk 4: Cincy @ Memphis
Wk 5: Miami @ Cincy -- two Thursdays in a row for Cincy (this game is gonna be unwatchable right?)
Wk 6: SMU @ Houston, Washington at USC
Wk 7: Auburn @ Kentucky, UCLA @ Stanford
Wk 8: Temple @ ECU, Cal @ UCLA
Wk 9: UNC @ Pitt, WV @ TCU, Oregon @ Arizona St. -- possibly best of the year
Wk 10: Baylor @ K-State, Miss. St. @ Mizzou, Nevada @ Fresno St.; this could give Wk. 9 a run for its money Northern Illinois @ Toledo I am dumb
Wk 11: VT @ GT, Kent St. @ Ohio, Toledo @ Central Michigan oh these are Tuesday
Wk 12: ECU @ UCF Ball St. @ Ohio, Toledo @ Bowling Green I am so bad at reading
Wk 13: Texas Tech @ Texas BG @ Ball St., Ohio @ UNI

Friday night includes Michigan State at Western Michigan. Big weekend for Michigan Directional.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Mizzou is playing at Arkansas State this season for some reason

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 8, 2015

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

JRizzle posted:

Mizzou is playing at Arkansas State this season for some reason

Arkansas State is usually a very good team in their conference. They have a lot of talent and a very good coaching staff more often than not.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Morby posted:

Arkansas State is usually a very good team in their conference. They have a lot of talent and a very good coaching staff more often than not.
It's where Hugh Freeze, Gus Malzahn, and Bryan Harsin got their first HC jobs.

I believe each one lasted a single year.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Morby posted:

Yeah, but they're still a Sun Belt school and way smaller than Mizzou.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

pillsburysoldier posted:

Three more weeks

I missed this pic so much.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Wk 1: UNC-SCar, TCU @ Minnesota, OK State @ Central Michigan (AT Central Michigan?!), Michigan @ Utah
Wk 5: Miami @ Cincy -- two Thursdays in a row for Cincy (this game is gonna be unwatchable right?)
Wk 10: Baylor @ K-State, Miss. St. @ Mizzou, Nevada @ Fresno St.; this could give Wk. 9 a run for its money Northern Illinois @ Toledo I am dumb

WV @ TCU may be pretty cool, that game has come down to either overtime or a 1-point game each of the 3 years they've been in the Big XII.

E: the last 30 minutes of 2012, good lord (start at 1:45 or so): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMV-wbYx5Zc

Chieves fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 8, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Baylor @ KSU, Texas Tech @ Texas could be pretty fun. Or they could be blowouts. Who knows!

Also, Baylor had their open scrimmage for the fall today. It was pretty vanilla and neither of Baylor's best receivers got much playtime - KD Cannon's dealing with a hip-flexer issue, Corey Coleman was held out for much of the day because "we know what he can do" - but the defense won the day by a pretty convincing margin, which was a surprise. Front six was getting a whole lot of push, secondary was playing really aggressive, getting their hands on a lot of passes, didn't let guys get behind them more than once or twice. Russell and the other QBs looked a little shaky, and there were also a lot more underneath throws to RBs and TEs than Baylor's shown in the last few years. It's only the third practice of the year, so we'll see how long any of this holds, but it was an interesting day.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

No matter how bad we are, we'll still poop on the Raiders on thanksgiving like usual

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Duke Williams again missing time with the team for a disciplinary issue. He was suspended for the bowl game for a fight, not specified this time. Has "conditions" to meet before he rejoins the team. No timetable.

e: Internet rumors speak of a fight between football and basketball players, with Williams and basketball C Trayvon Reed's names coming up most prominently, but this supposedly occurred a few days before fall camp and Williams was practicing from the start until yesterday, so who knows?

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 9, 2015

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Duke Williams again missing time with the team for a disciplinary issue. He was suspended for the bowl game for a fight, not specified this time. Has "conditions" to meet before he rejoins the team. No timetable.

e: Internet rumors speak of a fight between football and basketball players, with Williams and basketball C Trayvon Reed's names coming up most prominently, but this supposedly occurred a few days before fall camp and Williams was practicing from the start until yesterday, so who knows?

With the news that this might have been a final straw kinda deal and the fact that an Alabama O-line player broke his foot, Katy Perry might be trying to help the rest of the SEC overcome the state of Alabama this year.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

With the news that this might have been a final straw kinda deal and the fact that an Alabama O-line player broke his foot, Katy Perry might be trying to help the rest of the SEC overcome the state of Alabama this year.

Cam Robinson will not be stopped, reports are he'll be fine

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

Can we make using a hashtag other than from quoting social media a probatable offense?

No

soggybagel posted:

Read all about Ferentz contract last night. Didn't realize the buyout terms were as such. They got a pretty easy schedule this year though.

It's actually down to the point where they could afford to fire him after this year if they really wanted to. It won't happen though

The schedule is ridiculous this year but that was true last year too. I assume they'll top at out 7 or 8 wins again, which is where they've been for most of the last decade or so.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 9, 2015

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA's lil babbyman Isaiah "Human Joystick" McKenzie pulled his hamstring during practice. Hope he gets better soon because he is fast as hell and awesome at WR and special teams.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

buddhanc posted:

No matter how bad we are, we'll still poop on the Raiders on thanksgiving like usual

no you see this is the year Tech returns to their tradition of 10 win seasons!

- things i hear from Raider alums

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
News: Gator RB Adam Lane is transferring

Views:

Mouse Cadet fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 9, 2015

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mouse Cadet posted:

News: Gator RB Adam Lane is transferring

I hear he has a really lovely family situation

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
post all the ways your dumb team has been wronged in football for motivation this season. specifically i wanna see the iowa state blown calls cause those are funny and deserve to give them one funny win (just not vs baylor)

a&m sucks and abandoned the state of texas (the best State in all of Football and basketball and history)

west virginia ruined our 2015 Perfect Best championship season and will die this year

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

anne frank fanfic posted:

post all the ways your dumb team has been wronged in football for motivation this season. specifically i wanna see the iowa state blown calls cause those are funny and deserve to give them one funny win (just not vs baylor)

a&m sucks and abandoned the state of texas (the best State in all of Football and basketball and history)

west virginia ruined our 2015 Perfect Best championship season and will die this year

Fake holding on Gurley touchdown during the south carolina game and the bogus illegal man downfield during auburn. Kill all refs.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

Fake holding on Gurley touchdown during the south carolina game and the bogus illegal man downfield during auburn. Kill all refs.

need some links here.. i wanna watch sports

heres the iowa state blown calls going to give them a free win vs tcu this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw75K9C0-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

anne frank fanfic posted:

need some links here.. i wanna watch sports

heres the iowa state blown calls going to give them a free win vs tcu this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw75K9C0-8

Calls looked good to me.

• Locked thread