Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Same. I was waiting for them to break in and address Adam saying 'the might of the band' more than once in a single question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
They didn't ask about the time Larry Mullen Sr. Son was too drunk.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Who cares made me laugh a lot

Also really happy for the guys. That's legit cool.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I can see why the guys didn't quite resort to their 'Bits' during the interview. As tempting as it was for Scott to say MY WIFE when Bono said it, it could've fallen spectacularly on its face (Which would've been amazing to listen to).

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The entire backstory of UTU2TM might make it the greatest podcast of all time

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The entire backstory of UTU2TM might make it the greatest podcast of all time

UTU2TMTM?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I will say it was nice to hear The Edge return to podcasting after the two episodes of 'It Will Probably Get Loud' he did with Jack White and Jimmy Page

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/it-will-probably-get-loud/
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/it-will-probably-get-loud-pt-2/

hrkac
May 21, 2004
ISO Hotty Boys ;-*
I love the idea that to this moment, Scott and Scott might both sincerely believe that Adam(?) has a wrapping paper collection due to inexplicably not realizing it was a joke.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

June is still the best

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
oh poo poo, Tom Scharpling on Hollywood Handbook again! :toot:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Really appreciated Hayes and Sean having the guts to speak on how brave it is of Suicide Squad to have an on-set psychiatrist. They really made some excellent points about the dark areas Jai Courtney is having to work in as he becomes Captain Boomerang.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Good ep of Womp it up with Mike the Janitor. Glad to see he's creating a No Tamp Zone.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

JethroMcB posted:

Really appreciated Hayes and Sean having the guts to speak on how brave it is of Suicide Squad to have an on-set psychiatrist. They really made some excellent points about the dark areas Jai Courtney is having to work in as he becomes Captain Boomerang.

I mean, he might go home and boomerang his kids. And their point about Margot Robbie's character being extra scary because she's as monstrous as a Frankingstein but she's got those frontal torpedos... really makes you think

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Zsinjeh posted:

oh poo poo, Tom Scharpling on Hollywood Handbook again! :toot:

yas queen

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Maybe one of the best episodes of HH. And engineer Cody really made me laugh when he quietly added himself to the list of people more successful than tom scharpling.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That Mike Still episode was great, here's the fast company article they kept talking about :

http://www.fastcompany.com/3048239/the-recommender/is-this-the-next-lorne-michaels

I always like the episodes where they seem to be a fan of the show. You definitely get that with the Scharpling eps too

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

That Mike Still episode was great, here's the fast company article they kept talking about :

http://www.fastcompany.com/3048239/the-recommender/is-this-the-next-lorne-michaels

I always like the episodes where they seem to be a fan of the show. You definitely get that with the Scharpling eps too
They made it to the ever-illusive AV Club Podmass review too
http://www.avclub.com/detail/u-talkin-u2-me-finally-lands-its-white-whale-223589
"The key to Hollywood Handbook’s comedy has always been the put-on narcissism of hosts Hayes Davenport and Sean Clements. Even when they pretend to sympathize with the death of Cecil The Lion, they can’t resist imagining how they would have taken down the beast with their bare hands. Their willingness to make such a hot-button topic all about themselves plays perfectly into the podcast’s mission of skewering and satirizing showbiz glad-handing—everything on this week’s episode comes back to Davenport, Clements, and their guest, Upright Citizens Brigade Artistic Director Mike Still, from the upcoming Star Wars film to Amy Poehler’s appearance on the cover of Fast Company magazine. They even take time to bitch about not getting their own feature article right here on The A.V. Club. Keep trying, boys. With your ace networking skills, go-get-’em attitude, and complete lack of humanity, you’re guaranteed to get to the top someday. "

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Improv4humans better not be ending :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Besser can be kinda irritating sometimes with the likes of case closed etc but yeah I'd be really sad to see I4H end, it's one of my favourite podcasts. Kinda hard to believe it's at 200 episodes already though, I've been listening since the beginning.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to start using "Star Wars" to refer to almost anything.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Improv4Humans isn't ending. Besser teased that the big news is a new host in the near future.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Oh cool I might come back to the show

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
no he didnt. he joked that if earwolf still doesnt give a gently caress by episode 300 he aint gonna be around anymore

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Improv4Humans isn't ending. Besser teased that the big news is a new host in the near future.

Interesting. Would he like trade responsibilities, or just not be so intimately involved?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Besser essentially just said "There will be changes coming to Improv4Humans soon" and didn't imply what they were one way or the other, despite their joking about 300 and 400 episodes and him quitting - the two were unrelated. I'm guessing he's just going to start bringing in monologists or some other reformat of the show to keep it interesting for him.

I just finished my re-listen to the whole thing, though, I'd be really bummed if the show did end sometime soon.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I want an east coast ifh with a new host and new guests. That would be dope even though it's impossible to make a good pod cast east of the Mississippi and it would actually be bad.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Just finished Reality Show Show, I can't thank the thread enough for recommending it.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I want an east coast ifh with a new host and new guests. That would be dope even though it's impossible to make a good pod cast east of the Mississippi and it would actually be bad.

http://ucbcomedy.com/team/281
here you go, it's not 100% i4h as they just go by monologist stories but it's pretty close

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone happen to have Gelmania eps 2-15?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

Just finished Reality Show Show, I can't thank the thread enough for recommending it.
I HAVE A BMW, A PORSCHE, A MONSTER TRUCK, A HOUSE AND 30 COMPANIES, SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

I HAVE A BMW, A PORSCHE, A MONSTER TRUCK, A HOUSE AND 30 COMPANIES, SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
i have tried to explain the bit about the one armed girl on the bachelor to people and it is extremely difficult

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

BRIAN SHACTER

e: i tried to watch that Project Improv Sean was on, it was pretty unwatchably amateurish

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 15, 2015

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
Probably the best episode of Improv4Humans since that amazing musical one with Zack Woods and the undersea world a year ago.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
To me th funniest improv for humans is still the only hi-c you'll be getting is the high seas, after we throw you in the fuckin ocean. You're on kid trap.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones
which one was that?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

The first 420 ep

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

To me th funniest improv for humans is still the only hi-c you'll be getting is the high seas, after we throw you in the fuckin ocean. You're on kid trap.

The 420 one is great. I think my favorite one is the intern interviewing one with Mike Still and Seth Morris, which has a similar moment with a medical game show. And it's on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dypzy9Dshv4

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

moleman posted:

Probably the best episode of Improv4Humans since that amazing musical one with Zack Woods and the undersea world a year ago.

The Atlantis flipping-the-fin is my all-time favorite scene, absolutely.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

One of my favorites is with Lauren lapkus where a kid finds out his parents are an amalgamation of squirrels. Later on in life his girlfriend is secretly a vagina possum. EVERYTHING IS ANIMALS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I think Colton Dunn is an unsung hero of I4H. All of These Fat Crackers is hilarious and him saying Zach Woods called him the n-word still kills me every time.