Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Five giant ants wouldn't even pose a problem for a single caravaneer with a 10mm pistol (I know because I've literally seen them run off a path to go murder some giant ants with no problem), so it's pretty funny that five giant ants give so much trouble to both an entire trained military barracks and a group of crazy survivalists living in a military hangar who have tons of weapons and ammunition.

"Oh please go down and take care of the half-dozen ants in our generator room! Scores of people have died down there!" Courier goes down and kills everything in 10 bullets or less, singlehandedly.

The issue with Jackson's Ants was that they didn't have anyone to spare to send down there to kill them, not that they just couldn't handle half a dozen ants.

Of course, that raises another issue, since 99% of the people at the outpost were walking around with their thumbs up their asses all day so it was pretty clear no one was engaged in any super important activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Can anyone explain to me why Ulysses hates me? I did the DLC and it's still not clear. I've tried reading the wikis and it still doesn't make much sense. I thought it was great that his enmity was foreshadowed through the game and other DLC, but once I got to lonesome road (or whatever it was called) it was mainly just fighting.

Did I miss something or fail to read a computer?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

xutech posted:

Can anyone explain to me why Ulysses hates me? I did the DLC and it's still not clear. I've tried reading the wikis and it still doesn't make much sense. I thought it was great that his enmity was foreshadowed through the game and other DLC, but once I got to lonesome road (or whatever it was called) it was mainly just fighting.

Did I miss something or fail to read a computer?

Nope, Ulysses and whoever created him are literally retarded

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Wasn't it implied that you pushed the button on a nuke that wrecked the Divide? Or am I misremembering that?

Old World Blues was the superior DLC. :colbert:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NofrikinfuN posted:

Wasn't it implied that you pushed the button on a nuke that wrecked the Divide? Or am I misremembering that?

I'm pretty sure you just dropped off the package that triggered it. I like Lonesome Road, and I think it has the best dungeon crawling in the game, but the plot needed a lot more editing and revision than it got.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

NofrikinfuN posted:

You dropped off a package and that package did it. He's angry at you because you have no idea that your delivery is what caused it, and his entire mental breakdown is about that fact.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Magmarashi posted:

The issue with Jackson's Ants was that they didn't have anyone to spare to send down there to kill them, not that they just couldn't handle half a dozen ants.

Of course, that raises another issue, since 99% of the people at the outpost were walking around with their thumbs up their asses all day so it was pretty clear no one was engaged in any super important activity.

IIRC the issue wasn't having troops physically there, but they were under orders to stay at the outpost and not go on patrol. Which does make a certain amount of sense-if you're sending out troops and some of them get ambushed and/or mudered by ghouls/Nightstalkers/bloatflies etc, then that means the Mojave Outpost that much more vulnerable to attack. It's basically the same situation you see throughout the Mojave-the NCR needs to be everywhere and do everything, but either don't have the troops or lack the ability to do stuff that needs to get done.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Magmarashi posted:

Well part of my point was that they blocked caravans from going anywhere because of the ants which no other caravan that you see just wandering around in the wasteland has any problem with. Hell most of them have zero problems with Fiends who are armed with energy weapons.

The Boomers I could maybe see having a problem if literally the only weapons they have fire explosive ammo.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

AIDS PERK: do 5.2% poison damage against npcs with bad karma by giving them AIDS

Gangnam style perk: ability to summon liberty fwuggen pwime!! and you'll never guess what his theme music is!

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Magmarashi posted:

That was their issue with every problem in the game. "We can't do _____ because we don't have anyone to spare. You go do it."

Lazy writing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Could you irradiate yourself for me so I can write about it in a book?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Could you go kill a few ants down the road for me so I don't have to do it on my smoke break? I'd do it, but I'm too busy doing nothing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Could you irradiate yourself for me so I can write about it in a book?

I did all that poo poo for Moira and I never even got to bone her.

What the hell, game?? Bad writing indeed. I hope Fallout 4 will be more responsive to the player's needs in this regard.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

What the hell, game?? Bad writing indeed. I hope Fallout 4 will be more responsive to the player's needs in this regard.

Lone Wanderer is one of those "nice guys" apparently.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Phlegmish posted:

I have high hopes for this "Piper" lady, specially if shes one of these ethnic types

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
All games are made better with Fisto. :smug:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Crabtree posted:

All games are made better with Fisto. :smug:

Should have been a companion, for sure. Put that strong, strong arm to good use.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

frajaq posted:

I have high hopes for this "Piper" lady, specially if shes one of these ethnic types

Knowing the Fallout series, even with that name I bet she'll be completely frigid :rolleyes:

Pretty much my only hope is to join the Institute faction so they give me a sex robot as a quest reward. We'll have to take what we can get.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
So I replayed FNV, and now I'm playing FO3, and is all the DLC in 3 as bad as the pitt and the alaska one? Alaska was OK but in neither do you get to keep your poo poo and use it. gently caress games that take your stuff away.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

big mean giraffe posted:

So I replayed FNV, and now I'm playing FO3, and is all the DLC in 3 as bad as the pitt and the alaska one? Alaska was OK but in neither do you get to keep your poo poo and use it. gently caress games that take your stuff away.

Broken Steel and Point Lookout don't take your gear.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

big mean giraffe posted:

Zeta only takes your stuff away for maybe the first 10 minutes but is otherwise terrible. Point Lookout is okay and does not take your stuff away at all, and Broken Steel is just a continuation of the main story.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nah you can use your stuff in the other DLCs, well with the exception of the start of Mothership Zeta but you get your stuff back pretty quick in that

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I hope that Fallout 4 will bring back the aliens from Fallout 2.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

enraged_camel posted:

If you mean Wanamingos, I'm right there with you.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

I hope Fallout 4 will bring back the aliens from Fallout 3

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Aliens, aka the part of Fallout that originally had no influence.

What about expanding on all the Monty Python references?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Youtube celebrities references would be more in touch with the current generation IMO

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

They'll use the doge meme.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Fallout 4 is set in Delaware, and that the dialog system is replaced with communication entirely in memes.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

frajaq posted:

Youtube celebrities references would be more in touch with the current generation IMO

Welcome to the ruins of Boston, Vault Survivor. My name is PEWDPAAAAAH

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I hope Fallout 5 is set in space.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

another idea: twitch emotes as collectibles you can find in the wastelands if you want

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

steinrokkan posted:

Aliens, aka the part of Fallout that originally had no influence.

Only if by no influence you mean the most overpowered weapon, if your luck was high enough to find it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

boneration posted:

If you mean Wanamingos, I'm right there with you.

Yeah

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

I think it'd fit more with the setting if they loaded up Fallout 4 with Marmaduke and Family Circus references.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

big mean giraffe posted:

*Thread's full of criticism of specific Fallout 3 DLCs*

*Plays only those Falllout 3 DLC*

*Is surprised a bad time was had*

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Holy crap, I was looking for a Family Circus comic to make a lovely joke, and realized how lazy Bil and Jeff Keane are. Here's the comic from July 23, 2000:

And here's the comic from July 23, 2015:

Flaky posted:

*Thread's full of criticism of specific Fallout 3 DLCs*

*Plays only those Falllout 3 DLC*

*Is surprised a bad time was had*

Was the Pitt really that bad? I remember it being boring, but I thought that was just because I wasted time getting all the ingots.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 10, 2015

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Have there been any rumors or hints that traits will be returning to FO4? A few hours into my new FO3 run and I just remembered that they were missing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

JackBadass posted:

Was the Pitt really that bad? I remember it being boring, but I thought that was just because I wasted time getting all the ingots.

Eh, they tried to claim it was gonna be a ~morally grey~ quest or something but in the end there's no difference, literally no matter what you do the slaves sit around and wear lovely rags and grind up metal and the baby is in a crib happy as can be.

e: It was better than Anchorage or Zeta, anyway. I'd probably put it a solid third on the fallout 3 DLC ranking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

graynull posted:

Have there been any rumors or hints that traits will be returning to FO4? A few hours into my new FO3 run and I just remembered that they were missing.

If they do, I hope they include a better variety. The only really interesting ones in NV were the one that made you have to wear glasses and maybe the claustrophobia one. Wild Wasteland, too, but that should have been a separate option like hardcore mode was.

• Locked thread