Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Tenacious J posted:

Ok, so as I'm installing this game to see if I like it, you're saying the best thing for me to do is build up a few thousand prestige before seeing about joining with goons? Can I screw around in other guilds just for the social aspect until I have the required prestige for goontown?

There are basically no restrictions to joining or leaving guilds so just do whatever. Do keep in mind that guild chat works maybe half the time so that 'social aspect' can be a bit frustrating, but that should be fixed in a few days. And people are always welcome in mumble if they want to chat or ask questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I sure do like the trophy mechanic of taking out 8+ inventory slots for no reason whatsoever. It adds depth. A+

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I sure do like the trophy mechanic of taking out 8+ inventory slots for no reason whatsoever. It adds depth. A+

well how else are they going to force you to buy all those additional inventory slots

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well I talked to a guy who refused to finish and redo an area because he was holding on to 16 or so rings he couldn't use yet and refused to pick out the best ones and melt the rest. Alternatively there's a lot of class poo poo you may want to hold on to for different situations but most of the time there's not really a point to that.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

RottenK posted:

well how else are they going to force you to buy all those additional inventory slots

Yes, make the game really annoying. That will make me buy those inventory slots! I definitely wont just quit playing this dumb russiagame and do something else instead.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Morglon posted:

Well I talked to a guy who refused to finish and redo an area because he was holding on to 16 or so rings he couldn't use yet and refused to pick out the best ones and melt the rest. Alternatively there's a lot of class poo poo you may want to hold on to for different situations but most of the time there's not really a point to that.

Not that many classes actually benefit from having gear for multiple builds, especially if you take PvP out of the equation.

Fortunately bag slots are pretty cheap. Unlocking the entire first page is what, the equivalent of $7 in argents/credits? That's really all you need. Compare it to most F2P games where you'd pay like $5 for a row or something. And in those games filling up your inventory with useless poo poo or more commonly useful poo poo that doesn't stack is a pretty common practice.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I might cave, im at 7, nearly 8k but can never find a party for a 5 man.

And the new area opened up for me and im getting 1 hit by retarded rats on my cyro (and i dont want to lvl my paly as i dont want to tank the 5man ive never done).

Ive got necro unlocked, and no sparks to get me to class sparks......
I'm nearly at Kinetic as i hit the pink node heading to Alch and had to turn around....

So pretty much ive gimped myself until i find a class i like to play :/ Its embaressing

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The patch should fix the party issue. You'll even be able to join goon groups rather than getting carried when requested.

The various regions are often meant for varying prestige levels. You aren't supposed to finish them without breaks. Eskenian Peninsula for instance unlocks at like 13k prestige but goes all the way up to 23k or so. You may be fighting poo poo that is meant for a higher prestige than you are.

Your other issues seem to be a result of incredibly poor planning on your part, nothing I can do to help there.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Aug 9, 2015

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Slaan posted:

Thanks. Why have the exclamation point stay there then, instead of popping up when it unlocks? It's driving me insane. :suicide:

Just so you know you don't have OCD (or we both do!) this bugs the poo poo out of me, too. Just for UI design reasons.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Kevlar Beard posted:

Any tips for a new Necromancer? What talents to go towards in the ascension atlas, what stats do I want?

I was looking at this: http://guidescroll.com/2015/07/skyforge-necromancer-guide/

I'm not sure how good that guide is, he advocates going for spirit/luck..

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729277&userid=180379#post448193612

Actually, Drinkfist, in one of the short moments of terrible sobriety after one of your AA meetings, could you just link that under Necromancers in the OP?

boho fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 9, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

boho posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729277&userid=180379#post448193612

Actually, Drinkfist, in one of the short moments of terrible sobriety after one of your AA meetings, could you just link that under Necromancers in the OP?

Wh? Eh?

done.

You do realize I am currently liquifying bosses and packs with Funeral Lament being triggered on the execution. Necros a loving insane Dips Brah.

Edit: also your link filters the target post by userid as well you selfish twat.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 9, 2015

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Drinkfist posted:

Wh? Eh?

done.

You do realize I am currently liquifying bosses and packs with Funeral Lament being triggered on the execution. Necros a loving insane Dips Brah.

Edit: also your link filters the target post by userid as well you selfish twat.

I don't know how these forums work. v:shobon:v

And yeah you do fuckoff damage with the bugged/undocumented Funeral Lament, but a.) you have to snipe executes from pubbies who are trying to snipe executes to refill their who gives a gently caress bar instead of letting you get them and allowing you to do world ending dps, b.) if you're fighting some monolithic thing that doesn't regularly summon adds your damage is stuck in first gear, and c.) I get the impression the corpse drop inheritance is gonna get nerfed or toned down.

I'm interested in seeing what kind of damage carrions do after the 11th though, considering they are apparently bugged to be doing literally none right now.

Don't get me wrong, NECROMANCER IS A VERY GOOD CLASS and might be the easiest of easymode for soloers (I haven't played zerker yet though). But short of Funeral Lament windows you can tell you're trading DPS for never dying.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

God Dammit. This game is fun and I wanna keep playing it but my desktop keeps suddenly turning off. It can't be a overheating issue because It starts right back up. I gave up figuring it out and bought the parts for a new computer.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Can someone repost that table of crystals required to unlock each class and/or add it to the OP?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

BigRed0427 posted:

God Dammit. This game is fun and I wanna keep playing it but my desktop keeps suddenly turning off. It can't be a overheating issue because It starts right back up. I gave up figuring it out and bought the parts for a new computer.

That's likely a short somewhere, could just be a broken cable. Or your power supply or mainboard is on its last leg.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

boho posted:

I don't know how these forums work. v:shobon:v

And yeah you do fuckoff damage with the bugged/undocumented Funeral Lament, but a.) you have to snipe executes from pubbies who are trying to snipe executes to refill their who gives a gently caress bar instead of letting you get them and allowing you to do world ending dps, b.) if you're fighting some monolithic thing that doesn't regularly summon adds your damage is stuck in first gear, and c.) I get the impression the corpse drop inheritance is gonna get nerfed or toned down.

I'm interested in seeing what kind of damage carrions do after the 11th though, considering they are apparently bugged to be doing literally none right now.

Don't get me wrong, NECROMANCER IS A VERY GOOD CLASS and might be the easiest of easymode for soloers (I haven't played zerker yet though). But short of Funeral Lament windows you can tell you're trading DPS for never dying.

You don't need the corpse drop or more than one execute to do very good damage on prolonged boss fights.

You see, this is actually a bug that does get fixed, but until then once you use the Funeral Talent buff on Plague, as long as Plague is refreshed before it ends, it will continue to benefit from the buff.

Edit: This video shows it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM26Oe_fCE0
His last Plague, against a boss that summons no adds, does 51k damage.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 9, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Thanks!

BigRed0427 posted:

It could still be an overheating issue. One time when I moved my desktop the heatsink came unseated a bit--enough that it would overheat pretty quickly, but it would happily turn back on immediately afterwards. Check that your heatsink is properly heated and that it has a good amount of thermal paste ensuring connectivity. Might be worth installing HWMonitor or something else so you can check the temps easily.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Finally established an order. And I'm so close to necromancer I can taste it

Can Rock McHardslab get an invite to the guild if there is still a spot?

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

It's been proven on the russian forums that playing a cryomancer reduces cpu heat.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Is there a guide that tells you the prestige you unlock Regions at? (I ask because I'm not sure I'll stick the game out for the long run but would like to see all the regions once at least)

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 10, 2015

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Click the button on the lower right of the world view.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Is there a guide that tells you the prestige you unlock Regions at? (I ask because I'm not sure I'll stick the game out for the long run but would like to see all the regions once at least)

The final region is currently the zone with the highest prestige requirement in the game,so I don't think this plan will work.

Errazial
Aug 27, 2008
Which are the best chapels to build first?
Strength/Luck being the go-to stats should lead to Accuracy and Crit Chance, right?
I've read somewhere that Crushing Blow's good, but double base damage would still be less than a crit - maybe if you have some skill that forces criticals regardless?

Also, what's the status of the guild slots?
Turns out the game was fun enough for me to get to 11.5k prestige and the upcoming patch looks good, so I'll probably stick with it for a while.
It's Erika Desade ingame. (Because stupid russian game overruled me on deSade. I guess they're still fighting against aristocracy and imperialism. :shrug: ).

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

boho posted:

The final region is currently the zone with the highest prestige requirement in the game,so I don't think this plan will work.

No it will not, holy poo poo 60k prestige seems like an asston.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Depending on how hard you want to sperg and how much money you're willing to drop you can probably do it in 6 to 8 weeks. If your answer is not all that much and maybe a few bucks here and there at best you're playing the game right.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Morglon posted:

Depending on how hard you want to sperg and how much money you're willing to drop you can probably do it in 6 to 8 weeks. If your answer is not all that much and maybe a few bucks here and there at best you're playing the game right.

Will probably do it over a pretty long time and give some money when I feel like I'll have big chunks of playing time.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
after 31k, the only unlock is that 60k zone. there's nothing inbetween

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Errazial posted:

I've read somewhere that Crushing Blow's good, but double base damage would still be less than a crit

Crushing Blow is good. Yes, 1% Crushing Blow is most likely worth less than 1% Crit, but the thing that makes Crushing Blow good is that you get more of it. For example a level 1 chapel gives 3.8% Crushing, but only 1.4% Crit.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Errazial posted:

It's Erika Desade ingame. (Because stupid russian game overruled me on deSade. I guess they're still fighting against aristocracy and imperialism. :shrug: ).

We have slots. I saw you online. Attempted to invite you. No one was home. I exhibited anger. Threw things. Names were called. Took a sip. Calmed down. Ill get you later.

Gealar
May 2, 2013
So this patch is going to be rather large since its a few big patches rolled into one. Have they said when the servers are going down tonight to patch?

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
I don't know the answer to that but related: I fully expect them to gently caress something up so server availability tomorrow might be spotty.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Gealar posted:

So this patch is going to be rather large since its a few big patches rolled into one. Have they said when the servers are going down tonight to patch?

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/crucible-gods-maintenance-8112015

quote:

Please be aware that the Skyforge [NA/EU] servers will be taken offline Tuesday, August 11th at 1:00am PDT (10:00am CEST) for maintenance and to implement the Crucible of the Gods Update. Please find specific details pertaining to the maintenance below:

Purpose:
The purpose of taking the servers offline is to perform weekly maintenance and apply the Crucible of the Gods Update to the NA/EU servers.

Patch Notes:
• Crucible of the Gods Update

Patch Size:
3.85GB

Duration:
Approx. ~4 hours
1am PDT (10am CEST) to 5am PDT (2pm CEST)

Affected Users:
During the maintenance, the NA & EU Skyforge servers & Portal will be inaccessible to all players.

Tuesday is probably going to be a wash so don't really plan on playing then.

Gealar
May 2, 2013

BexGu posted:

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/crucible-gods-maintenance-8112015

Tuesday is probably going to be a wash so don't really plan on playing then.

Well atleast I know when I can turn on my pc to update and walk away for the rest of the day.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Anyone have graphical trouble when getting to Naori Island? If so, what settings did you adjust? I've been at 60 fps the whole time I've been playing but got to this region and went downhill very quickly.

E: Toyed with shadow quality, seems to be lots of grass there. Did a bit but not much.

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 11, 2015

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I feel like I've been having my dudes work on this Academy since I joined the guild, how long do these things usually take to build?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So i fully mastered a class and it informed me that I now have 2 more trait slots open to me. Unfortunately it is continuing to inform me of this 3 days later.

How do i turn off the red exclamation point this time?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
i'm curious, has anyone seen the skyforge yet? i've put well over a hundred hours in the game and I don't know what the skyforge is. or if that's good or bad.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Stop looking without. Find the Skyforge within yourself and the path will be opened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
poo poo is going a lot faster now that I realize the 2x and 3x bonuses are on top of the number displayed on the missions. :downsrim:

• Locked thread