Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:
I really need to finish the Iowa to tier10 grind, but I don't see a reason to rush it, instead working on other lines around tier6/7 area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

Applied as Hayrick17 .

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

nessin posted:

How in the hell do you progress with the Kawachi? I can barely earn 250xp a fight, if I somehow manage to survive getting within 8.5km so I can actually hit something, after turning to get my guns to bear, the chances of actually scoring a single hit make me strangle myself instead of bothering with the whole process.

Shoot HE at the highest tier destroyers in the match, if you can get away with it at all. It rewards noticeably more experience than other targets, because it's based on the damage you do as a fraction of the target's health. Kawachi guns are inaccurate enough that shooting destroyers isn't much different from bigger ships.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

demonR6 posted:

All applications approved.. now go forth and prosper. Everyone has recruiter status so if you see any goons in the thread who said they applied feel free to approve them as well.

I have a terrible idea for the logo and once we have the ability to troll the WoWS forum it will be fully realized. Needless to say it involves a shirtless, shaved chest sailor riding on a torpedo like a bucking bronco.

Something along the lines of Steve Buscemi riding the nuke in Armaggeddon? Yeah, I could see a bunch of SEAMN get behind that.
Speaking of which, application sent.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

demonR6 posted:

Okay, got home late from doing R/L poo poo but I feverishly worked out a clan logo'ish thing and of course the recruiting poster because we must have one.

Please add these to the OP. Pretty please with seamn on top.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Let the games begin..

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021838/

[SEAMN] SEAMEN

Never not shoot your hot load at another sailor...

Now we need a good logo.. get on it goons. I am thinking a scantily clad sailor riding on a torpedo like a bucking bronco.

My name is so made for this. SEAScrub

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Burno posted:

Finally got the Zao again.

That tier 10 grind is serious.

edit: how I missed thee - still as good as ever

Congratulation on the Zao.
Does it have forward facing torp tubes ?

I almost unlocked the Mogami so I still have some grind to go, happy to get rid of the Myoko and its weird turret setup and turn rate, I liked the Aoba more.
155 or 203 on the Mogami ? I find the 203s are really deadly for destroyers, I now see them as free XP and an one volley step toward a confederate medal.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Krogort posted:

Congratulation on the Zao.
Does it have forward facing torp tubes ?

I almost unlocked the Mogami so I still have some grind to go, happy to get rid of the Myoko and its weird turret setup and turn rate, I liked the Aoba more.
155 or 203 on the Mogami ? I find the 203s are really deadly for destroyers, I now see them as free XP and an one volley step toward a confederate medal.

they are a bit forward facing similar to the Atago.

I prefer the 155 on the Mogami, with a captain with the +20% range it is just insane.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Applied as Godlessdonut.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

nessin posted:

How in the hell do you progress with the Kawachi? I can barely earn 250xp a fight, if I somehow manage to survive getting within 8.5km so I can actually hit something, after turning to get my guns to bear, the chances of actually scoring a single hit make me strangle myself instead of bothering with the whole process.

It's dismal, but just throw yourself into the close quarters area of the map and try to get some good shots off before you die. It should be pretty quick, even if you were as unproductive with the Kawachi as I was. The Myogi and the Hosho have been totally fun, as something to look forward to.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
If I want to go cruiser, what's the difference between the US/Japan lines past Japan having torps and US having AA? I'm up to the Omaha but wondering if I should switch to JP.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Roseo posted:

If I want to go cruiser, what's the difference between the US/Japan lines past Japan having torps and US having AA? I'm up to the Omaha but wondering if I should switch to JP.

Just do both and alternate?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

What the hell is a Panda in regard to an insult?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Burno posted:

Finally got the Zao again.

That tier 10 grind is serious.

edit: how I missed thee - still as good as ever

Congrats. I'm about 70k (and 12mill) out.

What modules do you use on it?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Skin from
http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/22352-tanzs-shipyard-ijn-us-soviet-uk-skins/

This think is like a super Cleveland :
15 barrels, check
High muzzle velocity, check
Good turret layout, check
Monster torpedoes, check

And unfortunately Garbge Anti Air.

Can't wait to get the FCS Upgrade and finish Captain Retraining for proper range.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Welp I guess Kongo is the end of the IJN battleship line for me. I knew they made the stock Fuso bad but not this bad. It's not worth the suffering of being outranged by Clevelands and there are better uses for free xp.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Applied (Agent_Aika)

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

grrarg posted:

Welp I guess Kongo is the end of the IJN battleship line for me. I knew they made the stock Fuso bad but not this bad. It's not worth the suffering of being outranged by Clevelands and there are better uses for free xp.
Stock hull on Fuso is uniquely bad in the IJN BB line. I free XP'ed it and have no regrets. Elited Fuso is a total monster and none of the stock hulls after it have range anywhere near as short.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is there any reason at all to keep the Albany, or should I sell it for the slot?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

God I like the Cleveland, but that thing is a loss magnet. I'm sitting at around a 25% win rate with it. Admittedly it's been a dozen games or so, but still, where are my free wins I was promised :smith:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ranbo das posted:

God I like the Cleveland, but that thing is a loss magnet. I'm sitting at around a 25% win rate with it. Admittedly it's been a dozen games or so, but still, where are my free wins I was promised :smith:

I dunno, my Aoba has been a loss magnet for me today. Though I've landed more citadels on clevelands today than I have in all of my games combined so far. Its very bizarre.
Anyways, putting together a small long range torping tutorial. Its pretty situational, but hopefully it helps shed a bit more light on when and how to aim your torps.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

demonR6 posted:

Let the games begin..

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021838/

[SEAMN] SEAMEN

Applied as RhoA.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Applied as latinapride

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

grrarg posted:

All the Fuso needs is the upgraded hull, then it turns into a beast. It's worth it to keep at it, you will quickly recover your average damage and winrate on the ship once you have it.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Somewhere is this thread is an awesome post that talk in depth about the different skills.

I did not bookmark it :doh:

Can someone help out?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Nektu posted:

Somewhere is this thread is an awesome post that talk in depth about the different skills.

I did not bookmark it :doh:

Can someone help out?

If you're talking about my commander skills post, its in the OP now. There's a link to the post. I can just post it now, though.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705704&pagenumber=216&perpage=40#post448052728

Also, here's my really lame and situational and short and bad torp help guide thing. I'm not sure I can call it a tutorial, as its just a couple of guidelines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbdgqz2L0s

Perhaps when the insanity takes a greater hold I'll make a proper torp tutorial.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
Aslain's mod pack has been updated. Finally includes multilined ship carousel mod.

You might have to manually edit the paths.xml file and change '0.4.0' to '0.4.0.5' if you are experiencing crashes on startup.

quote:

v0.4.5 (09-08-2015):
added compatibility with WoWs 0.4.0.5
added windows 10 support
added Mootality Sense v1 & v2 (by SchrottiGER)
added Mootality flag (by SchrottiGER)
added Sea Shepherd flag (by SchrottiGER)
updated Aslain's contour icons
added Multilined Ship Carousel (by Calapine)
added Overhead Camera
based on original paths.xml and res_mods used by game client

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Applied as Ataxerxes

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I just had the displeasure of playing Ocean in my Atlanta. :wtf:

Why is this map a thing.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

ranbo das posted:

I had a game in my Warspite today where 2 Clevelands decided to ambush me from behind an island. At 5Km. It did not end well for them.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Wondering if a few people who have played this for a long time can relate their experience with going through the tiers, the grinding, best ways to get credits, amount of ships they have etc? So far I've kind of spread myself across IJN CVs and DDs, and USN BBs and CAs. However now that I'm tier 5 in all I've realised it's becoming too slow to do all. So do most people just pick one line and take it to Tier X? Also do you always sell a ship once you are done? I'd thought to keep a low level one from each line as well as the most recent. Do you higher players still go back and play T 2&3?

Thanks

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:

kaesarsosei posted:

Wondering if a few people who have played this for a long time can relate their experience with going through the tiers, the grinding, best ways to get credits, amount of ships they have etc? So far I've kind of spread myself across IJN CVs and DDs, and USN BBs and CAs. However now that I'm tier 5 in all I've realised it's becoming too slow to do all. So do most people just pick one line and take it to Tier X? Also do you always sell a ship once you are done? I'd thought to keep a low level one from each line as well as the most recent. Do you higher players still go back and play T 2&3?

Thanks

I still play a few favorite ships at lower tiers and am working on a couple lines, at the moment there is no end game / clanwars,etc. So once I hit t9 its time to work something else while playing the t9 for fun.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

kaesarsosei posted:

Thanks
I've got one line that I'm grinding fairly hard (IJN CA, tier 9), 2 more that I am somewhat grinding (IJN BB tier 6 and US BB tier 5) and the rest just get their daily win played on occasion.

Its about 190-200k to get from tier 8 to tier 9 and that is if you skip some upgrades. I averaged about 1900 XP in my tier 6 and 7 IJN CA's, and 1750 in my tier 8. With average round time being probably 13-15 minutes or so, you are looking at somewhere in the range of 110-140 games to go from tier 8-9 if you skip at least one upgrade. That is around 30 hours or so.

cheese fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 9, 2015

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Razzled posted:

I just had the displeasure of playing Ocean in my Atlanta. :wtf:

Why is this map a thing.

The map is a thing of beauty for japanese destroyers. For everything else, it's pretty loving bad.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Just got the +20 AA range on my new orleans Captain.

My AA range is now larger than the range by which aircraft see me. This is all manner of hilarity.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I dont really plan to go past the Cleveland or the Minekaze, and im almost to the Kongo (which I may not pass either). If I did have to pick between Sky Cancers, id like some opinions on which.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
All applications to SEAMN have approved.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Congrats. I'm about 70k (and 12mill) out.

What modules do you use on it?

main battery 1 - -20% crit to guns, -20% incapacitate, -20% repair
gun fire control system 1 - +accuracy
gun fire control system 2 - +16% range
damage control system mod 1 - -3% flooding -5% fire
steering geards mod 2 - -20% rudder shift
concealment system mod 1 - -10% detectability

then I use defensive AA and spotting aircraft

It is pretty interesting, I think it is the only cruiser in the IJN line with both aircraft types, but I didn't check every single cruiser as I was going up the line.

It works well for when a tier 10 carrier is spotted 23km away, and you can actually shoot at them.

Burno fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 9, 2015

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Perestroika posted:

The map is a thing of beauty for japanese destroyers. For everything else, it's pretty loving bad.

The only times I have gotten Ocean are with USN DDs and once with the 8 KM range IJN BB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
God drat are Sunday afternoon players awful. My win rate has dropped almost a full percentage point today trying to finish getting daily wins. Top xp in loss after loss from retarded lemmings.