Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Malloreon posted:

Wait wait wait

So the game is too easy, but giving us savage mode is bad because it just exposes how easy the rest of the game is?

People on the official forums are really really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wish there was a way to configure ACT to better handle new encounters and encounter resets. Set one way I have like five Oppressor or Ravana "encounters" in the list to click through, but correcting that makes it not reset between trash pulls. Not a big deal really but it's, er, nice to easily see that the SMN in fractal is doing 550 in a three-pull because "three isn't worth using aoe" :cripes:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

No. There either isn't a way to detect end of combat or the person doing the FF14 plugin has other stuff to do than implement it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

but we are still stuck in the DF envoirment.

Please bring back stupid EQ1 poo poo like not being able to raid a place because some other group is already in there clearing everything out, that was really cool.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

kirbysuperstar posted:

Please bring back stupid EQ1 poo poo like not being able to raid a place because some other group is already in there clearing everything out, that was really cool.

uh the competition was part of what made older MMOs so great unlike these modern, ugh, "theme park" MMOs

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Ciaphas posted:

I wish there was a way to configure ACT to better handle new encounters and encounter resets. Set one way I have like five Oppressor or Ravana "encounters" in the list to click through, but correcting that makes it not reset between trash pulls. Not a big deal really but it's, er, nice to easily see that the SMN in fractal is doing 550 in a three-pull because "three isn't worth using aoe" :cripes:

Not automatically but you can force it to start a new encounter from within the game by using /e end. You can set it to a macro and hit it between encounters.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean you could use a melded patrician set in 2.0, but it was much much easier to do two star stuff with your crafting AF. They didn't release multi class high end crafting gear for a few patches after.

It seemed a lot easier to make the crafter AF, though, since it was only 1-star. And you could get a 100% success rate on HQing 2-star 80 durability crafts with a set of fully overmelded jewelry plus the crafter AF with a few grade I materia in it, and fully overmelding your jewelry wasn't that bad since you only needed to use grade Is for the last few slots.

Not gonna lie, that's the point in the game where crafting was the most appealing to me--you could graduate from Hasty Touch spam and Rapid Synthesis was considered a garbage skill. Then 3/4-star crafting came and messed it all up.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Tiramisu posted:

Not automatically but you can force it to start a new encounter from within the game by using /e end. You can set it to a macro and hit it between encounters.

An in-game echo? I guess that makes sense since it's watching the logs. Cool. Is that configurable / mentioned anywhere in ACT?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Tiramisu posted:

:aaaaa:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Waiting around for another group to get out of the Burning Circle/Dynamis/Promyvion was great! Great i say. :shepicide:

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Verranicus posted:

1. Stop continuing to punish us for devoting time to this game and have it as a hobby. Examples, relic quests and certain gears. Letting people have the same stuff as others for half the effort isnt fair to anyone.
People are really protective over their vanity gear.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I just bought Heavensward despite being a kickass level 25 lancer because I had some leftover Amazon fun bucks in another country, is there anything I can do with Heavensward now/before 50?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

I just bought Heavensward despite being a kickass level 25 lancer because I had some leftover Amazon fun bucks in another country, is there anything I can do with Heavensward now/before 50?

turn into a dragongirl

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Fantasia into a Au Ra, so you'll be a Goon Dragon Dragoon who Fights Dragons.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
gently caress

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

seorin posted:

I don't know if this was one of you guys, but it's a magnificent troll regardless: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/254882-Adding-Legacy-Tattoo-to-Mog-Station

:golfclap:

From the responses you'd think some of those guys were old Russian soldiers outraged that some kid asked if they could have a Defense of Stalingrad medal. Cripes.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Thundarr posted:

From the responses you'd think some of those guys were old Russian soldiers outraged that some kid asked if they could have a Defense of Stalingrad medal. Cripes.
I wish I could do a word count on how many times "loyalty" was used in that thread. It's a video game.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

vanbags posted:

I wish I could do a word count on how many times "loyalty" was used in that thread. It's a video game.

Five times, not counting that guy with the signature

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I kind of wish I was a legacy subscriber. I'd sell all of my bonus items for like 5 Gil to an NPC vendor and post the screens in that thread.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Kitfox88 posted:

Well worth grinding scrip turnins for the chestpiece.

Where do you get a monocle? Baron Von'smoot must have one

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

RC Cola posted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ff14+monocle

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Hey thats me! I'm in DGKK too. Love messing with people with the name. I was Catboys Kissing before

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So what currently open NA server should I go to? I've been burned by bad WoW servers, and I want to make sure I don't get into a poo poo one.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Again im saying use influences from FFXI that where good afterall it was FFXI that was SE MMORPG flagship not WoW.
Why should you get a freepass and handout for the relics for example? Its a pure disrepect to everyone that devoted countless of hours and million of gils on their weapon for it to completly get useless with one expansion it shouldnt be like that at all. Even during the abyssea days of FFXI your Excalibur or other relics etc where still working. This is one of many examples but this one is the easiest one to show in detail. I wont reply anymore to this because I have seen how MANY players agree with what Ive said in my first message in other threads. I like FFXIV I don't want to leave but at the same time I don't want to get punished for devoting time and see how others get praised and can catch up for playing less. Find a balance instead of catering to one side only.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

IShallRiseAgain posted:

So what currently open NA server should I go to? I've been burned by bad WoW servers, and I want to make sure I don't get into a poo poo one.

Join Excalibur and play with goons. Yes it is worth the pain of getting up early one morning when the servers are open.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Again im saying use influences from FFXI that where good afterall it was FFXI that was SE MMORPG flagship not WoW.
Why should you get a freepass and handout for the relics for example? Its a pure disrepect to everyone that devoted countless of hours and million of gils on their weapon for it to completly get useless with one expansion it shouldnt be like that at all. Even during the abyssea days of FFXI your Excalibur or other relics etc where still working. This is one of many examples but this one is the easiest one to show in detail. I wont reply anymore to this because I have seen how MANY players agree with what Ive said in my first message in other threads. I like FFXIV I don't want to leave but at the same time I don't want to get punished for devoting time and see how others get praised and can catch up for playing less. Find a balance instead of catering to one side only.

~~~~~pure disrespect~~~~~

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

RC Cola posted:

It's just the electrum monocle. If you're on Excalibur just /tell Ydaine Yverneau sometime and if I'm on I'll make you one. :v:

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER
I started on Friday night with ~3 folklore books worth of scrip tokens done, and told myself that I wanted to get 5 by the end of the weekend.

I may have gone overboard. :(

Just 3 to go for FSH!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Verranicus posted:

This guy hasn't played FFXI in ages has he

because the game is getting easier and easier in order to let everyone experience all the content without putting too much time into the game since they're making their last update in a couple months.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

HelloPlatypus posted:

I started on Friday night with ~3 folklore books worth of scrip tokens done, and told myself that I wanted to get 5 by the end of the weekend.

I may have gone overboard. :(

Just 3 to go for FSH!

Oh god why have you done this to yourself? I've done six over the course of a week, and I really need a break now. How do you stand the tedium?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is being almost totally out of TP at all times after about two minutes just a fact of life for DRK, or what

Thematically and appearance-wise I like them better than WAR, but goddamn playing them is a ballache, especially not being able to stance dance reliably (or at all) :(

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Yes. It's just how DRK do. Its really bad and even worse if you aren't MT since you use blood weapon.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Ciaphas posted:

Is being almost totally out of TP at all times after about two minutes just a fact of life for DRK, or what

Thematically and appearance-wise I like them better than WAR, but goddamn playing them is a ballache, especially not being able to stance dance reliably (or at all) :(

What are you doing where you run out of TP?

I mean, like, are you using any MP abilities? Is this during boss fights or just dungeon trash?

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 9, 2015

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just hit level 45. Soon I will be a non expansion owning real boy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Langosta posted:

What are you doing where you run out of TP?

I mean, like, are you using any MP abilities? Is this during boss fights or just dungeon trash?

Just depends on how long the fight goes. By about two and a half minutes of continuous fighting I'm down to running on fumes. You can only do so much on-GCD stuff that only expends MP, and doing that you're eventually gonna be dry on both. :(

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Don't buy it too fast real boy, there's still 5 content patches worth of story quests (including 4 primals, a dungeon and 2 trials) before you can go to Ishgard

moskiitto
Feb 27, 2013

Overlardness
Finally playing FFXIV and for real this time. Got Gladiator (Paladin) lvl 34.
Having only played Guild Wars 1 and 2 this whole holy trinity thing etc. is so weird and whack but liking it.
Also possible for me to join SA guild?

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

Ignimbrite posted:

Don't buy it too fast real boy, there's still 5 content patches worth of story quests (including 4 primals, a dungeon and 2 trials) before you can go to Ishgard

You'll know it's time when the game says HEAVENSWARD in big orange letters, about eight hours of playtime later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Ignimbrite posted:

Two dungeons, actually :eng101:

• Locked thread