Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I'm cracking up at the implications of "KRRAM!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bruceski posted:

Nice of her to put her underwear and his pants back on before that monologue.

She's a big-league magician; that's well within the set of things she could do with a snap of her fingers.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

RandallODim posted:

Where do I get this? Uh, you know, for a friend.

Judging by the date on it, you should be able to find it in just under 100 years.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know that Dennis O'Neil's Question run from the 80s gets a lot of justified love, but this was too "high school neckbeard" to not mock:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Here's a riddle: Why did people ever think a mullet was a good look?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Too much partying in the back.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

TwoPair posted:

Cocaine, mainly.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

TwoPair posted:

As someone formerly guilty of acts of mulletry back then, I can tell you that culturally-speaking, many of us didn't know any better. Slater? Captain Planet? Angus freakin' MacGyver? They all had mullets. Society eventually wised up.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Roddy Piper.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keeshhound posted:

Roddy Piper.

I'm sad now.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ManiacClown posted:

As someone formerly guilty of acts of mulletry back then, I can tell you that culturally-speaking, many of us didn't know any better. Slater? Captain Planet? Angus freakin' MacGyver? They all had mullets. Society eventually wised up.

Were there any similarly-high profile Cool People rocking the jheri curl, or did that one just sort of coalesce out of the ether one day?

I was like ten back then, some of my friends had rat-tails but I don't remember a lot of mullets or jheri curls, so it's a mystery to me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TwoPair posted:

It's all the coolness of long wavy hair without it getting in the way of your eyes while you were burning through a truck coupling with home-made acid you concocted while imprisoned in a janitor's cupboard for some reason.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Travis343 posted:

Were there any similarly-high profile Cool People rocking the jheri curl, or did that one just sort of coalesce out of the ether one day?

I was like ten back then, some of my friends had rat-tails but I don't remember a lot of mullets or jheri curls, so it's a mystery to me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How did you say "hello, is it me your looking for?" There? How could you gently caress up that bad, man?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That era is defined by dudes not wanting long hair, but not knowing what the gently caress to do with it.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
http://www.macgyveronline.com/pages/comicfg.html

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Opopanax posted:

How did you say "hello, is it me your looking for?" There? How could you gently caress up that bad, man?

IT'S IMPLIED BY THE PHOTO, DAD

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Die Laughing posted:

That era is defined by dudes not wanting long hair, but not knowing what the gently caress to do with it.

No man with long hair has ever known what the gently caress to do with it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Don't pretend like Fabio is not fabulous.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

MikeJF posted:

No man with long hair has ever known what the gently caress to do with it.

Based on literally every woman I know's reaction to Bucky in Winter Soldier, apparently all you have to do is let is be greasy and fall in front of your face

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Hah, I noticed that. The ladies love them some Bucky.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Not sure the hair had much to do with it either way.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

MikeJF posted:

Not sure the hair had much to do with it either way.

He's a damaged, violent, mind controlled killer. But the sumptuous flowing locks say "love me!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Travis343 posted:

http://nortonsafe.search.ask.com/search?&geo=&prt=cr&o=apn10506&chn=&ver=&q=nwa&tpr=10&ctype=pictures&imgs=1p&filter=on&imgDetail=true

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Late Unpleasantness posted:

He's a damaged, violent, mind controlled killer. But the sumptuous flowing locks say "love me!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I find the prospect of vampires sleeping in pinball tables like they were coffins to be hilarious. While the tops do hing up for service, I'm disappointed that no one told Moore or Stan Woch that you still can't fit a vampire in one.

Swamp Thing v.2 #38

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sizone posted:

I find the prospect of vampires sleeping in pinball tables like they were coffins to be hilarious. While the tops do hing up for service, I'm disappointed that no one told Moore or Stan Woch that you still can't fit a vampire in one.

That's what they want you to think.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Wouldn't that be pointless since the lid is glass and would let light in? Or is the vampire town at the bottom of the lake?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dr. Hurt posted:

Wouldn't that be pointless since the lid is glass and would let light in? Or is the vampire town at the bottom of the lake?

That's a flashback to before it being submerged. I think the idea was that they would be stashing themselves underneath the playfield, which will also hing up, but it wasn't really drawn right. No matter, you still could not fit a vampire in there, regardless of what other posters think it's what they want you think.

e: maybe they gutted the machines and repurposed them as coffins. I guess that's pretty badass too, but not as badass as having a working COSMIC BALL table.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 9, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Sizone posted:

e: maybe they gutted the machines and repurposed them as coffins. I guess that's pretty badass too, but not as badass as having a working COSMIC BALL table.

Vampires are monsters.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I don't know why I'm tickled by Thor specifying that it's a VW, but it does make me want to see Marvel and VW team up to make commercials where Chris Hemsworth throws Beetles at people.

Also, old lady.

Thor 356

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

In the 80s the slogan for VW was "it's not a car, it's a volkswagen", so it should really be Hercules making the pop culture references since he doesn't gently caress off to Asgard constantly.

You know who else liked the VW Beetle? The Nazi, Hitler.

[What If the Avengers Had Lost the Evolutionary War?]

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That grin, it's just... perfect.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Ghostlight posted:

In the 80s the slogan for VW was "it's not a car, it's a volkswagen", so it should really be Hercules making the pop culture references since he doesn't gently caress off to Asgard constantly.

Ah!

And the comic is Hercules telling a made up story to some kids about how he beat Thor, so it is Hercules making the reference!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Saoshyant posted:

That grin, it's just... perfect.

Hercules does have the best grin

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Thor and Herc have the best slapfights.

This is one of the true facts this thread has taught me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Section Z posted:

Thor and Herc have the best slapfights.

Correct.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sizone posted:

That's a flashback to before it being submerged. I think the idea was that they would be stashing themselves underneath the playfield, which will also hing up, but it wasn't really drawn right. No matter, you still could not fit a vampire in there, regardless of what other posters think it's what they want you think.

Obviously they just turn into bats and squeeze up in the corner when the lid closes, duh.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Knormal posted:

Obviously they just turn into bats and squeeze up in the corner when the lid closes, duh.

I was going to suggest especially short vampires, but this is far more plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Correct.

Oh my god, I didn't notice the 'nerp' action sound or that IT'S PURPLE. :psyduck: