Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1pPk0S22CM

I will say, their judges need to step up their loving games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1pPk0S22CM

I will say, their judges need to step up their loving games.

I've gotta say, the European games are a lot more watchable. Better on screen info, less background noise, better camera angles, better commentary

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For anyone interested, This guy has really good quality version of all the cards on Dimension of Chaos

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Welp, went all in on a Shaddolls deck. Now I just have to figure out how to be not poo poo at the game by the time it arrives.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

BurritoJustice posted:

Welp, went all in on a Shaddolls deck. Now I just have to figure out how to be not poo poo at the game by the time it arrives.

Don't forget to call out the effects you are using. I think it's really easy to forget that you just fusioned two cards and have the option of two graveyard effects + the new fusion monster effect. Also that little bird shaddoll is a cool card to use if you have a black rose dragon in a tight spot.

e: how much did you spend?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I spent $140 Aussie on the core (~$100 American), got me:

3 x Falco
3 x Dragon
3 x Beast
3 x Hedgehog
3 x Squamata
2 x Mathematician
1 x Lightsworn archer

3 x El Shaddoll Fusion
3 x Shaddoll Fusion
2 x Shaddoll Core
1 x Sinister shadow games

3 x El Shaddoll Construct
2 x El Shaddoll Winda
1 x El Shaddoll Shek
1 x El Shaddoll Anoyatolis

By all accounts it was a pretty good deal. I then proceeded to go mad and spend like $60 on random extra deck singles and poo poo like raigeki.

E: Star Eater, BRD, Samsara rebirth Dragon, Leo the keeper, raigeki, goyo guardian, peropero, another Mathematician, another Shek and a Winda.

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 8, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BurritoJustice posted:

I spent $140 Aussie on the core (~$100 American), got me:

3 x Falco
3 x Dragon
3 x Beast
3 x Hedgehog
3 x Squamata
2 x Mathematician
1 x Lightsworn archer

3 x El Shaddoll Fusion
3 x Shaddoll Fusion
2 x Shaddoll Core
1 x Sinister shadow games

3 x El Shaddoll Construct
2 x El Shaddoll Winda
1 x El Shaddoll Shek
1 x El Shaddoll Anoyatolis

By all accounts it was a pretty good deal. I then proceeded to go mad and spend like $60 on random extra deck singles and poo poo like raigeki.

E: Star Eater, BRD, Samsara rebirth Dragon, Leo the keeper, raigeki, goyo guardian, peropero, another Mathematician, another Shek and a Winda.

Oh hey, another AUS player. Yeah that sounds like a good Shaddolls deck to start with.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

BurritoJustice posted:

You should also get a black rose moonlight dragon, if you can.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Arcanite Magician too. You can pop two cards with it then use it to fuse for Construct.

(Arcanite Magician is my favorite Synchro and probably my favorite Spellcaster.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Legacy of the Duelist let me do the greatest thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That mirror duel is such bullshit. The only way you can win is to get out Great Moth/Perfectly Great Moth and you need almost a perfect hand for that.

That's one big complaint I have with Legacy of the Duelist: Very few of the singleplayer matches are between relatively equal decks, there's always one that's much better than the other. It's mostly a problem with Duelist Kingdom era part, there are some ridiculously terrible decks there. The duelist challenges are much better though, their decks are nuts.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 9, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
My locals are such bullshit. Getting all the Kaiju cards was easy enough and pretty cheap but getting Owner's Seal or Remove Brainwashing? Few people had them and most of them wanted around 8-9 bucks a pop.

Assholes :argh:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What is up with Ring of Destruction's art? The design is pretty cool (well, the TCG design is) but the ring looks like it was drawn by an 8 year old.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dabir posted:

What is up with Ring of Destruction's art? The design is pretty cool (well, the TCG design is) but the ring looks like it was drawn by an 8 year old.

It's a collar

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Er, yes, I get that. I'm saying the quality of the art is bad.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Oh hey, another AUS player. Yeah that sounds like a good Shaddolls deck to start with.

Where do you buy your singles from? The best I've found so far is a yugioh sales Australia Facebook page, but I literally cannot find a Black Rose Moonlight Dragon for sale anywhere in Aus. Most people have never heard of it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dabir posted:

Er, yes, I get that. I'm saying the quality of the art is bad.

Ring of Destruction comes from the time when Konami didn't gave a gently caress for the art on the cards. A lot of classic cards have very low quality art on them.

The card game started getting some pretty neat art around the time the Envoys hit and has been improved over the time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

Where do you buy your singles from? The best I've found so far is a yugioh sales Australia Facebook page, but I literally cannot find a Black Rose Moonlight Dragon for sale anywhere in Aus. Most people have never heard of it.

I haven't purchased cards since Power of the Duelist in 2007

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yu-Gi-Oh-Card-YF07-EN001-BLACK-ROSE-MOONLIGHT-DRAGON-ultra-rare-holo-NM-M-/381200468725

Found this while looking around though

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ring of Destruction comes from the time when Konami didn't gave a gently caress for the art on the cards. A lot of classic cards have very low quality art on them.

The card game started getting some pretty neat art around the time the Envoys hit and has been improved over the time.

Yeah a lot of the old art is REALLY goddamn bad.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

I haven't purchased cards since Power of the Duelist in 2007

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yu-Gi-Oh-Card-YF07-EN001-BLACK-ROSE-MOONLIGHT-DRAGON-ultra-rare-holo-NM-M-/381200468725

Found this while looking around though

$26 postage :(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

You can always head down to your LGS to see if they have it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

You might want to make sure it's tournament legal over there, first. Sometimes European regions have a weird thing where Manga Cards and other Promos aren't considered legal in those regions, and that might apply to Black Rose Moonlight Dragon as well, since it came from one of these mangas.

EDIT: Black Rose Moonlight Dragon :siren: is not legal:siren: for European countries, so you should look into it first before you buy it.

Julias fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Aug 9, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

You might want to make sure it's tournament legal over there, first. Sometimes European regions have a weird thing where Manga Cards and other Promos aren't considered legal in those regions, and that might apply to Black Rose Moonlight Dragon as well, since it came from one of these mangas.

EDIT: Black Rose Moonlight Dragon :siren: is not legal:siren: for European countries, so you should look into it first before you buy it.

Yeah I've been informed that BRMD isn't legal in Australia, hence why it is impossible to find. I'm considering buying it anyway just to finish off the deck, dunno if it will get more or less expensive when it becomes legal.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Julias posted:

:siren: is not legal:siren:

What are they gonna do, arrest me?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Lisandra_brave posted:

What are they gonna do, arrest me?

No, summary execution.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Hellsau posted:

No, summary execution.

That misses its timing :/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haha I can't believe Yu-Jo Friendship is a legal card.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

RatHat posted:

The silly poo poo that comes to mind relating to the fact that it's a handshake makes me giggle immaturely.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RatHat posted:

Actually isn't legal. The regulations say that for a card to be legal it has to be widely available for all regions and Yu-Jo Friendship is only available on the US.

That's why a lot of Shonen Jump cards are reprinted on Legendary Collection, Premium Pack and the sort.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I love Arc-V

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

I love Arc-V

To add to this:
This was right after the other duelist made a speech to incite a popular revolt against the 1%.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

From the Japanese Channel

They have a playlist for:

The five rounds of Swiss (One each)
The Quarter Finals
The Semi Finals
Third Place
Dragon Duel Finals
Worlds Finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?yugiohOCGch?videos

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There's an error with your link.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Fixed the link

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Is there a reason that nobody seems to use Nephe Shaddoll Fusion? It is more niche than the other two fusions, but being able to pick any of the fusions as long as you have at least one shaddoll on the field and one in your hand (which you basically always have), seems pretty useful. A more consistent way of summoning El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis for sure.

Also what does everyone think about the two rarely used Shaddolls, Grysta and Wendigo? Grysta seems like a weaker Anoyatyllis (except for being able to block synchro summons), but Wendigo seems like a useful defensive card and an easy access to level 8 synchros.

What staples does everyone recommend to add onto the Shaddoll stuff I posted above? No idea what to side either.

Thanks everyone for helping me get back into this batshit game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wendigo's not a bad card, but you're not gonna be playing defense in Shaddolls with any card that isn't Falco or Shek. Grysta's good to have as an insurance policy against synchro or xyz summons, but that's it. There's no real reason to run him over other potential synchros or multiple copies of Construct and Shek.

I would love to give you specific staples, but that's something you just kind of need to experiment with to find your niche.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shaddoll Fusion works from your Deck, El-Shaddoll Fusion is quick-play so it's also protection from removal, extra attacks in the battle phase, all that good stuff. Nephe is as slow as Shaddoll but with the resource-intensiveness of El-Shaddoll and vulnerable to MST besides. Shaddolls are good enough that they don't need it.

Wendigo is essentially a slightly shittier Construct which uses a worse attribute.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nephe Shaddoll Fusion is a decent card, but the Regular Fusion and El Fusion work better for the deck, not to mention that Shaddoll Core serves almost the same purpose. (And you can send him with Construct to retrieve your fusion from rave to push for more damage/defense.

You need to run more lights in your deck; There are multiple variations, including splashing Artifacts(Rank 5 and counters other strategies), splashing White Dragon Wyverbuster and Black Dragon Collapserpent (For rank 4 plays), splashing Star Seraphs (Explosive Rank 4 Plays, but pretty inconsistent.) or just going with good generic support (Effect Veiler, Denko Sekka, Thunder King Rai-Oh). I prefer the last myself, especially since Artifact Moralltach is at 1.

Other staples you should consider running are Foolish Burial and Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the End. Depending on your build, I'd say Dark Armed Dragon is fair game, as is Jar of Avarice (Player Preference, if you burn out of monsters too fast.) Compulsory Evacuation Device, Book of Moon, Vanity's Emptiness, and Mistake are also decent cards to run. And if you can get away with it, Super Polymerization is godly (Shaddolls are the reason why that card is now banned.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My colleges club had a Cyber Dragon structure deck Mirror match tourney and Super Poly was the BEST thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

isn't yuujou japanese for friendship

• Locked thread