Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Also, Becky shut the gently caress up about working retail. Who the gently caress shops at Abercrombie on Black Friday???!!!!
Calm down. Jesus. Someone talks about their job, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

blue squares posted:

Calm down. Jesus. Someone talks about their job, holy poo poo

"I've worked Black Friday, I can handle Vanessa."

lol you're defending someone that compared a reality show contestant to working Black Friday at a retail store that people don't shop at on Black Friday.

Add to that the fact that Becky talks about working retail like she's working for the government as a spy and it's doubly annoying.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mahoning posted:

lol you're defending someone that compared a reality show contestant to working Black Friday at a retail store that people don't shop at on Black Friday.

Add to that the fact that Becky talks about working retail like she's working for the government as a spy and it's doubly annoying.

No I'm saying you're being weirdly intense about it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Wee Bairns posted:

No pic of the train?

:lol::lol:

Shakugan posted:

What does it matter if the returnee gets a fighting chance? They were evicted, they had their chance. No one who's been evicted is ever going to win a season anyway

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I worked retail at one of the largest department stores in the world to pay for applying to med school. I worked Black Friday twice, and it is actually not that big of a deal.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

blue squares posted:

I have no idea what is happening.

To recap the fight:

Johnny Mac has a conversation with James about the current nominees yatta yatta. --> Johnny Mac talks to Clay. Clay wants JM to vote Clay out, and JM agrees, but says it's worse for JM's game if Clay leaves because he feels like Vanessa is 1) behind all the recent evictions in the house and 2) is in Shelli's head which would make it harder for him to work for her. --> JM has always kind of been on the edge of the sixth sense alliance so Clay figures he'll let Vanessa know JM has sketchy feelings about her so she can patch it up with him. While telling her this he says that James told JM about the Vanessa getting in Shelli's head thing. (James didn't. This seems like a poor assumption based on the fact that JM & James had been talking earlier, though.) --> Vanessa confronts James about him spreading poo poo about her, he denies it (because he didn't say it), it turns into a blowup. --> James tells Clay to not throw his name around and they get into a mini dumb confrontation. --> Vanessa confronts JM (who tells her yeah, he came up with it, because that's what it seems like) and she says he's too smart for that and someone must be getting in his ear and who is it. Clay is fed up with Vanessa's poo poo and on the way out and tells her he lied about it. Cue Vanessa tears/overreaction for basically no reason, painting a huge(r) target on her back.

Not sure if that helped or was obvious, but it was a mix of Vanessa going overboard after Clay threw James' name out for something he didn't do.

Honestly though, Vanessa definitely does tend to overreact so I'm sure after a month of that it'd be kind of grating. I like her but even I can't stand to listen to her "he LIED to me! I'm a straight shooter! my word is great!" that she kept saying this past month and I don't have to live with her.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Don't tell that to Becky!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

blue squares posted:

No I'm saying you're being weirdly intense about it.

No, you're just being a dick. We're posting in an Internet forum about a reality tv show and you want to split hairs about how much you're allowed to care before being "weirdly intense".

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mahoning posted:

No, you're just being a dick. We're posting in an Internet forum about a reality tv show and you want to split hairs about how much you're allowed to care before being "weirdly intense".

I'm sorry for how much you've had to go through today. First Becky talked about retail and then I said you're weird for losing your poo poo about it. Truly a tragic evening

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

blue squares posted:

I'm sorry for how much you've had to go through today. First Becky talked about retail and then I said you're weird for losing your poo poo about it. Truly a tragic evening

Good job, you win the contest about who can care less about Big Brother in the thread about Big Brother. Now stop making GBS threads up the thread with this bullshit.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Mahoning posted:

Haha what? I can confirm you're being weird

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
It's pretty simple. I think it's weird to act like Black Friday is a difficult thing to handle in the first place. She's the manager at an Abercrombie and Fitch, where no one shops on a Black Friday.

It was an incredibly silly thing to say, and I have watched Becky brag all season about mundane poo poo on the feeds so it made me even more annoyed.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Trivializing any retail outlet's jump in business on Black Friday makes your argument immediately dumb, as literally every retail store sees a bump on the day, some big and some small.

Okay, not Blockbuster.
Or Radio Shack.
Or...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Holy poo poo, go bitch on reddit if retail hell has your panties in a wad.

Can we all agree that Becky is dumb? Thanks.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
after .0002 seconds of searching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8inwXSQc9A

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Steve to Becky: "Who shops at Abercrombie?"
Becky to Steve: "Only the pretty people."
<awkward pause>
"Kidding."
(not kidding)
Steve: "I guess I shouldn't shop at Abercrombie."

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

MrBuddyLee posted:

Steve to Becky: "Who shops at Abercrombie?"
Becky to Steve: "Only the pretty people."
<awkward pause>
"Kidding."
(not kidding)
Steve: "I guess I shouldn't shop at Abercrombie."

Is this why Steve hates her so much?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Steve hating Becky seems like one of those weird things that has made television, but the audience has been given no indication that he doesn't like her other than him telling us. Like, is there some sort of reason, or is it just one of those things?

Loved the awkward Steve compilation yesterday.

I realized that the only person I want to see win this game is Johnny Mac.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think there is some scene or clip to show why Steve hates Becky. I think it's just been a gradual personality clash.

1) Becky is dismissive of Steve personally because he's awkward and not one of the "Cool" or "pretty" people. She's not bullying about this but it comes across over time. She seems superficial and judgmental about a lot of stuff and Steve's basically the direct or indirect target of a lot of her rants. And the two have no relationship at all except when she's being condescending to him.

2) Becky is dismissive of Steve game wise. She's convinced she's some massive player even though she's been a rat floater until this week. Steve's also been a bit of a rat floater but for some reason Becky openly and public criticizes him for this despite much of it applying to her. Becky's biggest problem IMO is her ego as she seems to think that if she's not aware of something it's not happening. Becky assumes Steve has played no game because she's not aware of it, just like she assumes Vanessa is alone and has manipulating everything because she's not aware Sixth Sense had just been a dysfunctional power alliance the whole game. So again, Becky is very codescending about Steve's game and Steve gets annoyed by that.

So I don't think there's some big fight or moment they can point to. Steve just wants to be the person to take Becky out because she thinks she's some major player and has repeatedly said that he's nothing, so he really wants to be the one who takes her down.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I think I know the real reason why. Here's a quote from the feeds (spoiled for the delicate, though I doubt it will ever come up and hardly matters except as an indictment of Becky):

Becky: "I really liked Frankie."

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

LostRook posted:

Becky: "I really liked Frankie."

Dead to me.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
She doesn't work there any more, she works at Victoria's secret. She just talks about working retail all the drat time and thinks they're the best stores ever.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My good friend John Cena minoru suzuki asked me to come in here and invite you guys to sign up for Awful Survivor. It's not exactly Big Brother (though he did run a Big Brother version once) but if you're a fan of these social strategy competitions, it's a fun way to live out the experience without embarrassing yourself on national television. It starts in about two weeks and should run for a total of two months.

Here's the sign-up thread!

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 13, 2015

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: PREVIOUSLY... ON BASIC BECKY! :siren:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

one thing we can all agree on is gently caress becky, am i right?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

blue squares posted:

one thing we can all agree on is gently caress becky, am i right?

:agreed:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

...and there is Steve's segment for the week

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The producers hate Steve because he isn't Ian.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 13, 2015

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I love Steve's edit.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

blue squares posted:

The producers hate Steve because he isn't Ian.
No poo poo, at least by now Ian was becoming endearing... Steve is just irreparably awkward.

edit: Meg is in the POV? This is only a 60 minute show. Meg will take 4 hours on the Comic Book Comp.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 13, 2015

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Looks like they have to do the zipline again even if on the last one wrong there is only the other choice to swap out.

edit: And Austin is loving blind... why is he not wearing his glasses?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

Looks like they have to do the zipline again even if on the last one wrong there is only the other choice to swap out.

But they don't know which one they have wrong, so they have to use the zip line.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Vanessa may be entertaining from this side of the fishtank but I would not be able to stand her paranoing and interogations if I was on the inside.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Heckuva speech.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I love how Sixth Sense fell on their sword to save Austin of all people.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Tomorrow is going to be so good!

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

I love how Sixth Sense fell on their sword to save Austin of all people.

Who Liz has now decided she does like after all?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Svanja posted:

Tomorrow is going to be so good!

Too bad my local CBS affiliate has decided to play the preseason Packers game instead and show Big Brother at 10:30... I can just download and watch it before loving 10:30.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Check your listings. My local CBS is getting preempted for football too but its airing live on another channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Check your listings. My local CBS is getting preempted for football too but its airing live on another channel.
Los Angeles Market: BB will play on KCAL-9 (The Car Chase Channel) at it's normal time.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 13, 2015

• Locked thread