Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Oh my it seems that Eric, son of Eric has falls afoul of Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Subterfrugal posted:

Oh my it seems that Eric, son of Eric has falls afoul of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump barred from Eric Erickson's "RedState Gathering" : A Secret GOPe Payoff for Eric ?

quote:

To: Patton@Bastogne

Nope, Erickson has always carried water for the RINOs.

2 posted on 8/8/2015, 12:55:30 PM by Olog-hai
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Eric had always been establishment. This wasn’t new. He joined the crowd and trashed Palin when it was popular to do so

10 posted on 8/8/2015, 1:00:30 PM by 4rcane

quote:

It’s a tactic of the left to imply things that were never said i.e. menstruation.
Boycott RedState!

12 posted on 8/8/2015, 1:01:09 PM by Mr. Peabody

quote:

Nah, he is a paid FOX contributor. I am sure he was pressured to do the disinviting.

Money talks and ole Eric jumped through the hoops like a trained monkey.

29 posted on 8/8/2015, 1:10:51 PM by dforest

quote:

To: DoughtyOne
My FRiend...this Trump circus will end up costing us the election.

Most people on this thread, Trump acolytes, are bananas. The same people who, on a thread two days ago, were calling Carly "awesome" are now calling her a "c**t", a bitch...They are NOT rational..they are rabid..

The CNN debate is in 6 weeks..Trump, the consummate narcissist that he is, keeps on attacking..other Republicans, conservatives..FOX....and do you want to guess what the first, 2nd, and may the next 10 questions at the debate will be..

The GOP has a superb field of candidates..we own the media coverage for the next few months..and instead we have tgo deal with this garbage.

I'm not going to go over again how Trump switches on every major issue..so how we can trust him..but as for your comments on Pattton and Trump..I'd remind you that Patton was a deeply religious person..Trump is an atheist..
110 posted on 8/8/2015, 2:19:35 PM by ken5050 (If the GOP canÂ’t muster the moral courage to defund Planned Parenthood, they don't deserve the WH)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ken5050
My FRiend...this Trump circus will end up costing us the election. Most people on this thread, Trump acolytes, are bananas. The same people who, on a thread two days ago, were calling Carly "awesome" are now calling her a "c**t", a bitch...They are NOT rational..they are rabid.. The CNN debate is in 6 weeks..Trump, the consummate narcissist that he is, keeps on attacking..other Republicans, conservatives..FOX....and do you want to guess what the first, 2nd, and may the next 10 questions at the debate will be.. The GOP has a superb field of candidates..we own the media coverage for the next few months..and instead we have tgo deal with this garbage. I'm not going to go over again how Trump switches on every major issue..so how we can trust him..but as for your comments on Pattton and Trump..I'd remind you that Patton was a deeply religious person..Trump is an atheist..

Thanks, Ken. This couldn't be said often enough so I quoted the whole thing.

Trump is not now, nor ever has been, a conservative.

He has served his purpose (making Cruz etc. seem like statesmen in comparison) and time for him to get out and throw his support behind one of the conservative candidates.
115 posted on 8/8/2015, 2:27:29 PM by eddie willers
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 110 | View Replies]

quote:

Ken, this is a good example of what you and other Trump detractors are doing.

You spew, but you don't know the first thing about him.

Trump is an atheist

LINK
117 posted on 8/8/2015, 2:30:37 PM by DoughtyOne (If the fetus at one minute old is not alive, what is it?)

quote:

Ken, I don’t know you anymore.......maybe I never did.

You take every opportunity to not only demean Trump.....but also those of us who like him.

132 posted on 8/8/2015, 6:24:22 PM by Guenevere (If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do........Psalms 11:3..An Appeal to Heaven)

quote:

Megyn was likely on her period seeing that women DO often act like screeching harpies when they are dealing with that. Should REALITY also be banned?

134 posted on 8/8/2015, 6:36:34 PM by The Toll

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hmm bonus misogyny, ooh yeah that's the stuff.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
North Carolina Hindu temple sign hit with over 60 shotgun blasts
The Times of India ^ | Sunday, July 19, 2015 | Press Trust of India
Posted on July 19, 2015 at 17:51:08 GMT by Jyotishi

quote:

To: Jyotishi
Would somebody please explain to these yahoo idiot vandals the differences between Hindus and Muslims?

Any Hindu would be glad to do so.

(Hint: Hindus aren’t attacking “infidels” or blowing themselves up.)

7 posted on July 19, 2015 at 17:56:50 GMT by elcid1970 ("The Second Amendment is more important than Islam.")

quote:

Hey, don't you boys the difference between Hindus & Muslim establishments of faith? No seriously, I wouldn't doubt it if the Muslims did it to garner persecution pity. Real Americans know what ther targets are & won't be roaming the streets of Manhattan with paint ball guns!😆 After one of their holidays there is a lot of jihad and suspicious activity. These people think they are going to win this one. Tsk
8 posted on July 19, 2015 at 17:59:30 GMT by Lopeover (My vote is valuable, you must earn it.)

quote:

Don’t think it was right to shoot the sign, but idolatrous or anti-Biblical religions must NOT be allowed to practice here.

24 posted on July 19, 2015 at 18:31:16 GMT by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin

One can not live in harmony with idolatry nor Islam. One’s Biblical religion will eventually be erased from society.

41 posted on July 22, 2015 at 22:58:37 GMT by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]
To: Jyotishi
Sorry, do not agree. I would order them all deported. I would give them time to liquidate assets, but all would be deported.

42 posted on July 22, 2015 at 22:59:58 GMT by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The only moral First Amendment right is my First Amendment right :freep:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
No , you stupid communist, it only says congress can't restrict religious freedom, it doesn't say anything about the states.

States' Rights! :heritage:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
At least some of them get that the shooters have no idea what the hell they were doing.

Falstaff Infection
Oct 1, 2014

Ghetto Prince posted:

No , you stupid communist, it only says congress can't restrict religious freedom, it doesn't say anything about the states.

This is unironically what Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia believe re: the establishment clause.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I mean that was even for Trump a grotesque thing to say and I'm glad he's getting some poo poo for it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Feinne posted:

I mean that was even for Trump a grotesque thing to say and I'm glad he's getting some poo poo for it.

If by poo poo you mean even more popular with Republicans.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Feinne posted:

I have to say I am genuinely surprised this is what anyone in the GOP is taking a stand over though. I mean, yeah it was lovely, but compared to what he has said in the past? It's like getting upset about a guy flicking you on the shoulder after he's broken your nose.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mister Adequate posted:

I have to say I am genuinely surprised this is what anyone in the GOP is taking a stand over though. I mean, yeah it was lovely, but compared to what he has said in the past? It's like getting upset about a guy flicking you on the shoulder after he's broken your nose.

They're taking him to task because they want to sink him.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Falstaff Infection posted:

This is unironically what Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia believe re: the establishment clause.

And the fourteenth amendment doesn't apply because...

I mean, I get that many conservatives would like it not to exist, but that doesn't mean a judge can ignore part of the Constitution without at least giving some sort of reason.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Zeroisanumber posted:

They're taking him to task because they want to sink him.

Yeah I mean it's not earnest at all but it's still great for him to suffer even some slight consequence for one of his horrid statements.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

To: Mariner

Agreed. Fox didn’t handle the debates well. They were not fair and balanced. Most sites folks are disappointed by fox. They just wanted to ask “gotcha” questions.

10 posted on 8/6/2015, 9:45:52 PM by Lopeover (My vote is valuable, you must earn it.)

Honestly? Lol at anyone in 2015 that still thinks :foxnews: is or was ever fair and balanced.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

They took him to task over claiming all immigrants are rapists sent here by the Mexican government to rape our women too, it's just that didn't work because whoops turns out that's what a ton of Republican voters believe!

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Jurgan posted:

And the fourteenth amendment doesn't apply because...

I mean, I get that many conservatives would like it not to exist, but that doesn't mean a judge can ignore part of the Constitution without at least giving some sort of reason.

Original intent. Since it was not part of the original constitution it does not count as much as the Establishment Clause, which was written by the wise sage Madison, and therefore can be ignored when we talk about issues of states rights.

Reflections85
Apr 30, 2013

Falstaff Infection posted:

BUG JUG posted:

Original intent. Since it was not part of the original constitution it does not count as much as the Establishment Clause, which was written by the wise sage Madison, and therefore can be ignored when we talk about issues of states rights.

But, it actually isn't that strange of a belief. Even after the Bill of Rights, states like Massachusetts and Connecticut both kept state Churches. It was only relatively recently that, both through the doctrine of incorporation (1925) and through the specific incorporation of the establishment clause (1947) that it was understood that the states were bound by the establishment clause. I am not making the claim that they are correct in this interpretation, but the idea that the establishment clause does apply to the states is very new.

Also, that isn't what original intent means. Original intent is the belief that when determining law, the central factor is what the original meaning of the law was at the time the law was drafted, not any other factors (e.g. such as public policy concerns, concerns for consequences, or even concerns for previous cases). That the 14th amendment came after the first, does not mean that the first is superior to the fourteenth from an originalist perspective. The question would be whether the original meaning of the 14 amendment at the time of drafting would be that the states would be banned from establishing a church. Normally, the standard is either would a reasonable person living in the time and reading the law interpret it that way or what exactly did the law makers intend when drafting and passing the law.

Now, we can say that that is ridiculous for many reasons. E.g. Could two different reasonable people look at a document and come to different conclusions? Can we ever know what the original intent of the law makers were? Even if we could, it seems that original intent arguments often lead to bad public policy outcomes, which we would want to avoid. To what extent should legal history play a role in understanding original intent? If judges have favored one interpretation for a long time, can we say that they were always wrong to favor those interpretations? Etc. But, the idea that older parts of the Constitution are more important than later parts is not at all bundled up with the originalism.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

I say hands, they have no discernible features, hands or feet. Each comes to a useless point.

I want to believe this guy stands outside public restrooms and rants at the signs on them.

quote:

I’m unqualified to speak to South Africa, but I can speak to racists, because my life has been on the line because of the color of my skin more than once. I didn’t go away hating black people. I was more aware our civilization is becoming a jungle and there are dangerous animals in it. It takes more than having two legs to be called a human being.

"I didn't go away hating black people, I just went away thinking blacks are subhuman creatures."

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
There used to be a huge and extremely strong extreme-right militia movement in South Africa that violently resisted the end of apartheid. It mostly collapsed when they decided to launch a serious military campaign to preserve the apartheid government by preventing elections in the Bophuthatswana bantustan, which also conveniently gave them the excuse to come in and shoot a bunch of black people. Specifically, the reason it collapsed is because, while one of their convoys was doing a drive-by of a black neighborhood, one of their cars got riddled with bullets and had to pull over. The three men inside crawled out, surrendered, and then - surrounded by reporters and cameras, on live TV, broadcast to the entire nation - a black police officer grabbed his rifle, walked over to them, and just loving executed all three while screaming 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY COUNTRY?' It would have been extrajudicial police brutality, but the cop got off because the neo-Nazi group the men were a part of considered itself a military organization engaged in a legitimate armed conflict against the ANC-controlled South African government, which made it a military matter and resulted in him being included in the general amnesty for combatants in the conflicts that led to the end of apartheid.

The thing about militia groups like that is that they're almost always gigantic cowards in practice; they don't want to fight for a cause, they want to kill for a cause, and killing for a cause stops being fun when you have to risk your life to do it. You have some hardliners who stuck around anyway and there's still a pretty sizable fascist element to Afrikaner politics, but a good 80-90% of the armed white-supremacist militia movement evaporated into the loving ether almost literally overnight as soon as those three dudes got shot. They didn't expect the kaffirs to fight back, that's no fair! They're still butthurt about it 20+ years later.

Barack HUSSEIN
Mar 20, 2003

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

I guess every superhero need his theme music
Do you have any names or links for this story? Sounds interesting.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bophuthatswana_conflict_(1994)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Y'all have to watch that video, just for the amazing "I'm not racist but.." interview with the kid's parents

:geert:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Y'all have to watch that video, just for the amazing "I'm not racist but.." interview with the kid's parents

:geert:

How is this real? The decor, their clothes, their hair- it's like something out of an off-color British TV show.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Reflections85 posted:

Now, we can say that that is ridiculous for many reasons. E.g. Could two different reasonable people look at a document and come to different conclusions? Can we ever know what the original intent of the law makers were? Even if we could, it seems that original intent arguments often lead to bad public policy outcomes, which we would want to avoid. To what extent should legal history play a role in understanding original intent? If judges have favored one interpretation for a long time, can we say that they were always wrong to favor those interpretations? Etc. But, the idea that older parts of the Constitution are more important than later parts is not at all bundled up with the originalism.

King v. Burwell really showed how hollow the "original intent" philosophy is. The people who drafted the ACA are almost all alive, most of them made public statements that the plaintiffs' interpretation was wrong, and yet Scalia, Thomas, and Alito all voted to ignore the stated intent of the people who wrote it and impose an anal, literalist reading of the clause because "words have meaning."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jurgan posted:

King v. Burwell really showed how hollow the "original intent" philosophy is. The people who drafted the ACA are almost all alive, most of them made public statements that the plaintiffs' interpretation was wrong, and yet Scalia, Thomas, and Alito all voted to ignore the stated intent of the people who wrote it and impose an anal, literalist reading of the clause because "words have meaning."

And then the VRA: "Yeah but Congress probably only passed it because they were afraid they'd get voted out if they didn't so it's not a real law"

Reflections85
Apr 30, 2013

The decision doesn't so much show that originalism is hollow as much as it shows that the originalist justices fail to practice originalism. There is actually a cool article about that on SCOTUSblog http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/11/symposium-the-grant-in-king-obamacare-subsidies-as-textualisms-big-test/ To be fair, the author is approaching this from a textualist perspective (originalism is a subset of textualism), but the point remains that, if one looks at how Scalia says one ought to interpret a text, then Scalia voting against shows that he is violating his own rules. This says nothing about the rules themselves, but says a lot about Scalia's character.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Kavak posted:

How is this real? The decor, their clothes, their hair- it's like something out of an off-color British TV show.

They're SA rednecks. Living upon the carcass of the apartheid era.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 9, 2015

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Trump Twitter Rant: ‘Megyn Kelly Bombed Tonight,’ Retweets Post Referring To Her As ‘Bimbo’

quote:

To: conservative98
Poor widdle Donald, can’t handle the mean, nasty blonde lady. And he thinks he can handle Putin or the ayatollahs?

4 posted on 08/07/2015 6:36:35 AM PDT by Eric Pode of Croydon (Life's a bitch. Don't elect one.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Eric Pode of Croydon
Actually you have it backwards. It’s called hitting back at the corrupt media, man or woman.

Kelly talks tough, and is a big feminist yada yada yada (while making millions at FOX News). Then cries that she should be treated differently than a man.

Give me a break.

She was crying afterwards that her hit job failed and asking “will Trump take a hit for attacking me, a woman?”

23 posted on 08/07/2015 6:42:04 AM PDT by nhwingut (This tagline for lease)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

quote:

He handled her fine. Then, after the debate, Kelly said Trump implicitly threatened her and then agreed with Debbie Wasserman Schultz when DWS stated he was misogynist.
Kelly got slammed and her only retort, as a supposed strong, independent woman, is to claim misogyny.

Point to Donald Trump.

50 posted on 08/07/2015 6:51:13 AM PDT by Solson (Grand Old Party 1854 - 2010 RIP.)

quote:

He did handle her. Just like he handles a lot of bimbos.

136 posted on 08/07/2015 7:31:48 AM PDT by Mamzelle

quote:

Poor widdle Donald, can’t handle the mean, nasty blonde lady.
Just curious, why didn't the T&A nasty blonde Megyn Kelly ask Trump substantive questions regarding Illegal Immigration, planned parenthood, Hillary's Benghazi and her emails, Lois Lerner and her taking the 5th, and most importantly, Obama's sucking up to Iran?

Just what were YOU looking for bro in this debate?

Poore Widdle Eric Pode of Croydon has no idea of what he witnessed last night........Sheesh!

350 posted on 08/07/2015 4:00:31 PM PDT by Hot Tabasco (<i>)

quote:

Megyn Kelly is not a Binbo ...she is a rabid man hating FEMINIST BITCH... on her way to being a FEMINAZI ... she is after Trump not because of any political position but simply because he has said some things that violate the PC FEMINAZI MANIFESTO ... ALL MEN MUST OBEY the FEMINIST LAW... Bow down to the Feminazis.

Take that aspect away and she has nothing in regards to Trump.

59 posted on 8/7/2015, 6:53:19 AM by ICCtheWay

quote:

Megyn should have toned down her appearance a bit. I can see why someone would call her a bimbo.

Her phony eyelashes looked like a bird flapping it’s wings, and her hair treatment surely cost more than most people make in a week.

69 posted on 8/7/2015, 6:57:00 AM by Fresh Wind (Falcon 105)

quote:

To: Boonie
Not Trump...

He is still a Liberal. Cruz, definitely.

I know it is hard to fathom, but Megan isn’t running for office. She is not a bimbo and has been praised on FR for other tough questioning in other situations.

Trump is acting childish...don’t go name-calling. Rise above it but he continues to bash. It is his weakness and will be his downfall.

102 posted on 08/07/2015 7:08:11 AM PDT by TNMOUTH
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 99 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: TNMOUTH
Go look up some of her bimbo photos in Google — the ones where she looks like she’s having sex with a chair.

156 posted on 08/07/2015 7:39:36 AM PDT by Mamzelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 102 | View Replies ]
You can practically envision Ailes :fap:ing

quote:

To: VerySadAmerican
Harry S. Truman
“I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell.”
Harry S. Truman

“give them Hell”!, Donald. The truth!

210 posted on 8/7/2015, 8:13:51 AM by GOYAKLA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 188 | View Replies]

quote:

To: driftdiver
megyn kelly is liberal or socialist

The media is in a total war against us , the American people.

The hate you saw in that cretin’s face against Trump is also felt against us.

all reporters and media people are liberals. Liberal, Leftist,socialist ,marxist, communist , democrat ,progressive all different words but they are all the same thing. they are just collectivists. and the most fanatical go into the media because then they know they can make the news instead of report it. they can cherry pick what the topic what the news is from a trillion daily events. the media are the main problem int the USA and they have destroyed the USA and freedom

the media is the enemy of the American people

the media is war against us.

283 posted on 8/7/2015, 11:28:12 AM by Democrat_media (Obama will use Obamatrade to import hundreds of millions of 3rd world people into the U.S.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Rona_Badger
"Malkin is completely against Trump. I used to enjoy Twitchy but when they started bashing Trump, obviously at her direction, I noticed a lot of regular commentors balked and bailed."
So she's completely against Trump. So what? Are you saying that gives him the right to go on a vile, inexcusable personal attack?

He was disgraceful in his treatment of a conservative lady. It's stunning to see such behavior justified and even defended. Shame on you.

200 posted on 8/7/2015, 8:06:48 AM by CatherineofAragon (("This is a Laztatorship. You don't like it, get a day's rations and get out of this office."))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 159 | View Replies]

quote:

To: CatherineofAragon
“He was disgraceful in his treatment of a conservative lady. It’s stunning to see such behavior justified and even defended. Shame on you. “

Sadly, I can’t get used to the new FR, with lots of leftist FReaks repeating everything they heard on ABCCBSCNNNBCFOX/AP last night as though they thought of it themselves, and disparaging anyone with a different view.

Shame on YOU!

That made me feel slightly better, but of course, you know best for us all.

293 posted on 8/7/2015, 12:39:16 PM by treetopsandroofs (Had FDR been GOP, there would have been no World Wars, just "The Great War" and "Roosevelt's Wars".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 200 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ek_hornbeck
]I’ve been suspecting for some time now that Megyn is not the “stalwart conservative” that many assume. For example, watching her expressions and body language last night when she was asking the abortion questions I was struck by the sense that she was personally invested in the pro-abortion side of the argument. There seemed to be much more going on there than just playing devil’s advocate.

315 posted on 8/7/2015, 1:51:50 PM by noiseman (The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 314 | View Replies]

Plastics
Aug 7, 2015
Yeah the GOP establishment definitely wants to get rid of Trump and is happy to use whatever means they have to do it and although he is an idiot clown that is not really how these things are supposed to be decided I thought? I am probably voting libertarian as usual but mabne the Objectivist Party will have someone good on the ballet?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Plastics posted:

Yeah the GOP establishment definitely wants to get rid of Trump and is happy to use whatever means they have to do it and although he is an idiot clown that is not really how these things are supposed to be decided I thought? I am probably voting libertarian as usual but mabne the Objectivist Party will have someone good on the ballet?

Ahahaha, the Objectivist Party...heh. At least the Libertarians nominated a real politician who'd been elected to stuff and had never hired a hit man.

Anyway, I'd say Megyn's questions about Trump's rampant misogyny were fair questions about his electability, since the Hillary campaign would undoubtedly bring those up, and Trump's answer (say she's on her period for challenging him)...probably not a good one if you're looking to win the general. But then Fox got into some weird stupid questions like paying gotcha with filing bankruptcy for some of his casinos which was just clumsy and bad.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

VitalSigns posted:

Ahahaha, the Objectivist Party...heh. At least the Libertarians nominated a real politician who'd been elected to stuff and had never hired a hit man.

Anyway, I'd say Megyn's questions about Trump's rampant misogyny were fair questions about his electability, since the Hillary campaign would undoubtedly bring those up, and Trump's answer (say she's on her period for challenging him)...probably not a good one if you're looking to win the general. But then Fox got into some weird stupid questions like paying gotcha with filing bankruptcy for some of his casinos which was just clumsy and bad.

Yeah I actually thought the "how will you respond to this thing you will certainly face if you are the Republican candidate, especially versus Hillary Clinton" was a completely valid and non-biased question when I saw it and was weirded out by his response.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

Plastics posted:

Have you heard of DOCTOR Ron Paul?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Of course, I want my future president to be a childish rear end that gets in twitter slap fights.
He can't act like a reasonable adult with mild prodding, imagine the meltdowns when half the nation or more are slinging insults at him

"Welcome to Russia, Mr. President"
*penis-copter makes an appearance*
"YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF VODKA SWILLING, BACKWARDS ASSHOLES! WHY DON'T YOU GO MELT DOWN ANOTHER REACTOR SO YOU CAN ALL JUST DIE!"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 10, 2015

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Of course, I want my future president to be a childish rear end that gets in twitter slap fights.
He can't act like a reasonable adult with mild prodding, imagine the meltdowns when half the nation or more are slinging insults at him

You're in luck my friend, because that's exactly what we're gonna get.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Has JimRob laid down an official position on Trump?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

FMguru posted:

I hope JimRob goes the Gingrich route, so that all the Freepers rush to say that they never supported Trump's liberal socialist positions, how dare you. :allears:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FMguru posted:

Last time I checked, he was in favor, albeit not to the "you will be zotted if you defy us" degree we saw a couple times for 2012.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Last time I checked, he was in favor, albeit not to the "you will be zotted if you defy us" degree we saw a couple times for 2012.

JRob has been getting less purge-happy as his membership base shrinks, presumably because he's worried that he might eventually ban so many people that the remaining members will no longer be able to donate enough money for him to maintain his lifestyle.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Trump's response to being accused of misogynistic posts on Twitter is to make misogynistic posts on Twitter.

#45, baby.

At least some of the freepers get that it's lovely behavior. Some. Apparently it's okay for a presidential candidate to be butthurt about being questioned and to throw around petty insults on twitter if the target deserves them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

At least some of the freepers get that it's lovely behavior. Some. Apparently it's okay for a presidential candidate to be butthurt about being questioned and to throw around petty insults on twitter if the target deserves them.
They're only upset because he went after their perfect imaginary waifu Megyn Kelly. None of them had a problem with him going after Rosie "fat disgusting pig" O'Donnell.

• Locked thread