Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Goon crews best crews.

Just 3-manned Veteran Crypt of Hearts (a tier 2 dungeon) with ennuid and sadpluto. Without a dedicated healer. In under 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Cuckoo posted:

If the one you mean was more blueish, that was a limited edition mount called the Frost Mare that was available for a short time last month. For 3000 crowns :suicide:

Yup that was it.

It was pretty sharp.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Sweet, I really need one!

What faction are you in?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Scyantific posted:

Just 3-manned Veteran Crypt of Hearts (a tier 2 dungeon) with ennuid and sadpluto. Without a dedicated healer. In under 20 minutes.

Yes, but can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Hey tgidieday, did you post a stam templar build at some point? If not, do you have one?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
I did! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706540&userid=116110#post447960376

I've got a two two-hander build for every class if anybody wants one. They all trade a little dps for toughness (which is why I don't care so much about group composition), but they're still good for 16k dps on blood spawn.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Any werewolves on dc yet for ps4?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That's funny... DLC kind of started with Oblivion horse armour, and now here we are.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Which PC faction is the best faction to play with goons?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Which PC faction is the best faction to play with goons?
LizardEbonheart Pact.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

tgidieday posted:

I did! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706540&userid=116110#post447960376

I've got a two two-hander build for every class if anybody wants one. They all trade a little dps for toughness (which is why I don't care so much about group composition), but they're still good for 16k dps on blood spawn.

Cool thanks. I'm playing magicka templar atm, and my biggest problem seems to be running out of magicka in the middle of hard fights then just kind of running around flailing with staff heavy attacks because I can no longer heal myself. I'm using all +magicka enchants on my armour and -magicka costs on my jewellery. I think I have around 8k life, 13k magicka at 42 with 10 points in life and the rest in magicka.

Oh, one more question, how the hell do I use a healing staff to heal people? Is that a skill I have to learn or something?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Put a point into one of the skills for the healing staff. Then use the skill.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

OptimusMatrix posted:

What faction are you in?

Ebonheart. My gamertag is OscarWoscar

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Haerc posted:

Oh, one more question, how the hell do I use a healing staff to heal people? Is that a skill I have to learn or something?

Restoration staff is its own skill tree, just like destruction staff, and really every magicka user should level it up. You can use restoration heavy attacks to restore magicka when you're high enough level for the passives, which should buy you some time for now. Eventually your resource pool will be large enough that you don't have to do this. I'll send you some purple food to speed that along.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

tgidieday posted:

I'd take a look at your sorcerer build.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
Here's sorc: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706540&userid=116110#post448621080

This is my favorite of the four.

e: btw, weaving works for you console folks, too, check out the templar link for a rough description.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 9, 2015

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

tgidieday posted:

Now do a vampire dunmer dragonknight!

Fake edit: no, really. :) Semi-following Deltia's "laceration dragonknight" build but it seems more like something to jump into once max level. I'm level 17 and have enjoyed every weapon but bows so far.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
I see a ton of wolfbites being given out, but is anyone on PC-EP able to do vamp bites?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

poor life choice posted:

Now do a vampire dunmer dragonknight!

Spend these early levels figuring out what skills are fun and don't worry about builds until veteran ranks. I enjoyed 2h almost immediately, so I spent level 17 zooming around one-shotting things with critical rush and brawler, and as a result, my DK is all stamina. You might prefer magicka melee (it goes nicely with the dunmer passives), in which case DK has some great options. The desto/desto laceration DK looks good as a place to start (swap sea of flames with inner light, and every DK build should have talons and green dragon blood).

Lastly, bows get better with snipe, but that's a long time to wait.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

So how about that there NA server being down?

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
Add @Lokee to EP guld plx.

Rolled EP originally back in the day, excited to actually be able to play with goons.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
Add GT Scissorz deep to any Xbox guild please.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I'm guessing the name needed for guild invite is your login name? If so, I believe it is @PlainZombie, on PC. I made a Dark Elf lady.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

tgidieday posted:

Spend these early levels figuring out what skills are fun and don't worry about builds until veteran ranks. I enjoyed 2h almost immediately, so I spent level 17 zooming around one-shotting things with critical rush and brawler, and as a result, my DK is all stamina. You might prefer magicka melee (it goes nicely with the dunmer passives), in which case DK has some great options. The desto/desto laceration DK looks good as a place to start (swap sea of flames with inner light, and every DK build should have talons and green dragon blood).

Lastly, bows get better with snipe, but that's a long time to wait.

Magical melee, meaning staves and light armor close up due to DK skill range, or a hybrid build? I ask to get a better idea of how the game plays, not just asking for someone to do all the work for me.

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

Could I get a PC invite for EP? @lord_daeloth

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

poor life choice posted:

Magical melee, meaning staves and light armor close up due to DK skill range, or a hybrid build? I ask to get a better idea of how the game plays, not just asking for someone to do all the work for me.

You got it, a magicka staves and light armor build, just up close because that's where burning embers needs you to be. It's more challenging than playing ranged, so pick up one medium and one heavy piece for some added toughness (and to level them).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alternatively, swap out for Sword and Board for a bit of survivability.

I'd say ask Berke about this but he's been MIA and probably won't be back until the end of the month when IC comes out.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
Trip report from 2-man normal dsa. Made it all the way to the last boss and realized I hadn't leveled up one handed and shield on my EP character. Got him down to 20% pretty reliably, but couldn't finish the job without access to tanking. Guess we'll be doing that on AD next weekend.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
What's the uh, deal with level in this game? I mean, I'm a level 13 nightblade and I did the vampire quest last night with zero issues using a bow. Problem is, I generally use a greatsword and got *wrecked* trying to use that, but bow was taking the assassins down with zero issues.

after that, I went out and tried out picking off the random poo poo in The Rift — same deal. GS would get smashed, but bow would rip things apart handily.

That's a 25 level difference between me and what I was killing. What purpose do actual levels serve?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Psyker posted:

What's the uh, deal with level in this game? I mean, I'm a level 13 nightblade and I did the vampire quest last night with zero issues using a bow. Problem is, I generally use a greatsword and got *wrecked* trying to use that, but bow was taking the assassins down with zero issues.

after that, I went out and tried out picking off the random poo poo in The Rift — same deal. GS would get smashed, but bow would rip things apart handily.

That's a 25 level difference between me and what I was killing. What purpose do actual levels serve?

If you're in the Rift at level 13, you're going to be slaughtered unless you cheese your way through, which the bow lets you do with little difficulty. Don't go to the Rift yet, though. Finish the story in Stormfalls, then work your way south. Through course of the story, you'll loop back up to the north and work your way down into the Rift. With the way levels and experience work in this game, you're not doing yourself any favors by going up there early.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Do your XP get penalised for being too low level (assuming you don't get killed) for pve zones? i mean i know it sure as hell does if you're too high, i had one night a while ago trying to finish off vr8 eastmarch's main quest while vr9 and the xp gains were soul destroyingly bad

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

tgidieday posted:

You got it, a magicka staves and light armor build, just up close because that's where burning embers needs you to be. It's more challenging than playing ranged, so pick up one medium and one heavy piece for some added toughness (and to level them).

Dual-wielding for a DK short-range fire build will give you a spike in spell power, I think. You don't get any heavy attack magicka regen, so unless you've got other means for magicka recovery you might end up pretty dry.

I'd recommend, a fire destro staff with, like, elemental drain and obsidian shield on your second bar if you're trying out the dual wielding spell way. Elemental drain persists across bar swaps, so you can throw it on a target and then blast the crap out of them. A part of me wants to say you should bring rally, but it'd be a cruel joke for a magicka build.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
Leveling up, two-hander is slightly more spell power at base. But for most people at endgame (4 martial knowledge, 2 adroitness, 2 cyrodiil's light, 2 monster), dual wield gives you more spell power because you can add 2 torug's pact.

Rally for a magicka user is more like a 5k heal than a full heal, and it takes away valuable blocking stamina. Personally, I'd rather use the space to put green dragon blood on both bars (convenience, +12% healing received when active), add spiky armor (pretend you're medium armor), or add the shield (+30% healing done) like you said.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 10, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Alternatively, swap out for Sword and Board for a bit of survivability.

I'd say ask Berke about this but he's been MIA and probably won't be back until the end of the month when IC comes out.

You basically use the shield for extra armor and the ability to block while casting. Blocking with a shield has better mobility than blocking while dual wielding. You lose about 200 spell power by not going dw though. It's kind of up to preference, Ive had good dps with either. Typically for group stuff I'll end up running dual wield as there's less need to worry about getting hit and for solo stuff with a shield for more survivability.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
TOO LATE, I'm chugging along as a pure stam two-hander and loving it. I went with charge and brawler but will try out the empowering chains/uppercut combo once I get a few more skill points.

Stam seems fine for now since I have drain life slotted to help level vampirism. It's an acceptable finisher in that it lets me move on to the next pack topped off.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, finally, I'm going to install some/all of the recommended mods tonight. I've played enough vanilla to know what I'd really be gaining by adding them, and my god, the research assistant alone would be a great help.

Also looking forward to the minimap! :toot:

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Welcome to the 2h stamina dps club! Here's my dk:

bar 1 single (2h): rally+evil hunter+wrecking blow+executioner+green dragon blood (u) flawless dawnbreaker
bar 2 aoe (2h): rally+critical rush+burning talons+brawler+green dragon blood (u) flawless dawnbreaker/standard of might/shooting star/either dragon leap

If you're solo, swap out talons for burning breath. Or if you're feeling tough, leave talons on and swap out bar 2's green dragon blood.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

tgidieday posted:

Welcome to the 2h stamina dps club! Here's my dk:

bar 1 single (2h): rally+evil hunter+wrecking blow+executioner+green dragon blood (u) flawless dawnbreaker
bar 2 aoe (2h): rally+critical rush+burning talons+brawler+green dragon blood (u) flawless dawnbreaker/standard of might/shooting star/either dragon leap

If you're solo, swap out talons for burning breath. Or if you're feeling tough, leave talons on and swap out bar 2's green dragon blood.

I realise you're mostly into 2hand weapons from your posts but do you have any recommendations for a One hand and Shield Dragon Knight? Ideally for both in a solo/levelling setup and a focussed tanking setup (f there are any differences) you'd do. I'd appreciate some tips as I have some ideas of what looks good to me but if you have experience of what to use that would help me much more.

Also I'll have to try this 2hand build you posted too!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

xxEightxx posted:

Any werewolves on dc yet for ps4?

Just got bit. I'm starting the quest and after I get the skill I'll message you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

RoboJoe posted:

One hand and Shield Dragon Knight

For leveling, I used two-hander (I am predictable). You'll level considerably faster, but also it's good practice for tanking. Two-hander puts you at melee range, so you'll learn what to block, what to interrupt, and what to flat-out avoid.

For endgame, I have a real v14 dk tank, but I haven't tanked vcoa yet so take this with a huge grain of salt:

bar 1 main (s/b): absorb magic+invasion/extended chains+pierce armor+heroic slash+green dragon blood (u) magma shell
bar 2 buffs (s/b): absorb magic+hardened armor+burning talons+igneous shield+bone surge (u) standard of might/ferocious leap/sturdy war horn

Of all the roles, tanking is the one that's easiest to get a passing grade. You show up in heavy armor, you block most of the time, and you hit the big dude with puncture when he starts running away from you. That's the basics, and at least in the other veteran dungeons, 27k health and 12k stamina is more than enough to do that (although I use 30k/15k). That leaves you with 17k+ magicka to do your new job: crank out as many buffs as you can while tanking, which is the purpose of bar 2. Normally my builds only have a couple flex spots, but here I'd say all of bar 2 is flexible. Go to town.

Gear is 5 hist bark/5 footmen/2 blood spawn, 5 heavy/1 medium/1 light for the undaunted passives. Some day, I'll switch from hist bark to seducer's, but for now, I really like the extra toughness.

• Locked thread