Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Whats your ilvl right now? If you are a fresh 50 it's probably something goofy like 75 or something, in which case low damage is totally reasonable. Some general nin tips:

MSQ outright gives you the 100/110 Soldiery gear now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

nuru posted:

MSQ outright gives you the 100/110 Soldiery gear now.

Sure but they said they had barely done the MSQ post 50.

Edit: I actually have no idea when the MSQ hands out gear. But I assume it's not early on because my friend just finished 2.1 and he's still wearing his goony rear end pink tink can set he's worn since hitting 50.

Edit 2: VVVV I knew about af 2 or whatever at 50 now, but that would still leave them in level 39 jewelry probably.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 10, 2015

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Failboattootoot posted:

Sure but they said they had barely done the MSQ post 50.

Edit: I actually have no idea when the MSQ hands out gear. But I assume it's not early on because my friend just finished 2.1 and he's still wearing his goony rear end pink tink can set he's worn since hitting 50.
Class quests give i90 stuff at 45 and 50, and I wanna say you get the soldiery stuff after Snowcloak? Not totally sure.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Fair point. It's going to be hard to gauge good DPS at "50" now with the hodgepodge of leveling gear people have.

Break 350=400 and you get a cookie, is my guess.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

BattleCake posted:

So I'm looking to make a static, but I'm hoping to go through Coil of Bahamut content rather than Alexander (though I hope to do that at some point). I started playing not that long ago and I wasn't level 50 before HW dropped and I'd really like to get a group of people to see the Coil content with iSync on so it's a challenge rather than just blowing through it for completion's sake.

I'll be honest I have never raided before and I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm not looking for any experience requirements, just a positive attitude and willingness to learn (I'll be learning this stuff too after all). If anybody is in the same boat as me, just wants to see that content for some reason, or has done it already and wants to do that older content again for whatever reason, join me on this dumb fantasy adventure and help me kill a bigass dragon! Please PM me on SA or add me on Excal (IGN: Darklord Ganondorf) so I can gauge interest. I'll probably make a post on ffgoons at some point as well but I thought I'd post this here first.

Reposting for new page

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just ask in FC chat for people to run BCOB with you. You could probably get a group that would take you 1-13 just for the fun of doing it unsynced.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just ask in FC chat for people to run BCOB with you. You could probably get a group that would take you 1-13 just for the fun of doing it unsynced.
They want to do it synced. Good luck finding people to do that, friend. Good luck.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

nuru posted:

Fair point. It's going to be hard to gauge good DPS at "50" now with the hodgepodge of leveling gear people have.

Break 350=400 and you get a cookie, is my guess.

I think my ilvl is around 88-92 right now? I still have some of my lvl 50 job gear, plus a couple of Ironworks pieces. Story wise I've just unlocked Good King Moggle Mog. Thanks for the rotation tips, I haven't really played MMOs much before so a lot of this is completely arcane to me, I wasn't doing that poo poo at all beyond keeping up Huton/mutilate/dancing edge so people probably noticed. I haven't grinded lancer yet either, I'll do that too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

They want to do it synced. Good luck finding people to do that, friend. Good luck.

Oh, well, good luck goon. You can still probably get some people in FC chat willing to do that or even PF.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Octolady posted:

I think my ilvl is around 88-92 right now? I still have some of my lvl 50 job gear, plus a couple of Ironworks pieces. Story wise I've just unlocked Good King Moggle Mog. Thanks for the rotation tips, I haven't really played MMOs much before so a lot of this is completely arcane to me, I wasn't doing that poo poo at all beyond keeping up Huton/mutilate/dancing edge so people probably noticed. I haven't grinded lancer yet either, I'll do that too.

If I remember right, Good dps for I90 was around 250-300. I110 is 350-400 and i130 is 400+. Currently when I get sync'd down in those 50 dungeons I pull 530. Mostly this is just a frame of reference, so if you get yelled at by some jerk and you are doing this much dps you know they are just being a prick.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 10, 2015

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

T5 might be workable if only because it's not too hard while still being a fun mechanics-y fight. Might be able to one-shot it if there's only a couple new people, especially if everybody's going to be ilevel capped. T9... it took my clear party about 3-4 hours when everybody actually knew what they were doing.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

vOv posted:

T5 might be workable if only because it's not too hard while still being a fun mechanics-y fight. Might be able to one-shot it if there's only a couple new people, especially if everybody's going to be ilevel capped. T9... it took my clear party about 3-4 hours when everybody actually knew what they were doing.

If I can't find an entire static's worth of people interested, I'll just settle for something like this, I expect. And maybe trying out the Bahamut fight Synched. But first I want to see if I can slap a group together, my hope is that there are some goons in the same boat as me (i.e. never got to do Coil back in the day but still want to try to experience it as it was originally was, or something close).

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Octolady posted:

If you're getting bitched at for low DPS in King Moggle Mog, or really anywhere in the MSQ, one of these things is happening:

1) You're loving up in some obvious, observable way. It doesn't sound like you are. Keep your buffs up, run through your combos, bust out some ninjutsu whenever you can. If someone's complaining, see if you can get some concrete suggestions out of them.

2) Your gear sucks. Especially when you first crack 50, you've got a new set of left-side armor, but your weapon and right-side probably suck. Upgrade from the market board, HQ if you can afford it. Market board prices don't make sense - the boots might be 25k while the body is 8k.

3) Someone needs their loving diaper changed. Don't take everything to heart, DF groups are always one random fuckup away from wiping and then the accusations fall like salty raindrops. Remember that anyone who can actually see your DPS is using a parser, which is technically a ToS violation; feel free to try to get them to admit it.

The people who have specific rotation lists longer than 10 items are probably running cutting-edge instance content, and their advice is optimal, but unnecessary at the level you're currently on.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Remember that 90% of the people in King Moggle Mog right now are people who got it via Trial Roulette and don't want to be there. They have an item level that is something akin to HQ 110 gear, and you're wearing a clown suit.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Who doesn't want to be in Moggle Mog? It's a fun fight with great music and it's over in like 2 mins. I'll take Mog roulette over another loving Chrysalis any day.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I attempted to make a static on ffgoons but it seems like everyone that was in it left the game :( I'd love to join one. Does anyone have room for a healer that plays during the evenings on PST?

In other news, I got AV for LDR today. The healer kept running out of MP because they kept casting cure 2 and regen, never cure 1. He listened to me when I told him to stop, but when I saw him casting aero 2 not in cleric stance, I said to use it. His response? "I'm not going to stance dance." :negative:

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Whizbang posted:

Who doesn't want to be in Moggle Mog? It's a fun fight with great music and it's over in like 2 mins. I'll take Mog roulette over another loving Chrysalis any day.

Steps of Faith though.

I swear it takes ten loving minutes to actually nail down someone to be on dragonkillers.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

kafziel posted:

Steps of Faith though.

I swear it takes ten loving minutes to actually nail down someone to be on dragonkillers.

Tell everyone that you're doing dragonkillers and healers are on cannons (healer and the weaker tank if you're playing healer), then draw aggro from the dragon before anyone else has a chance to say anything.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Whizbang posted:

It's still possible to wipe, and you have ~story~ sequences. It's no Garuda.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'd love it if they made non-DA Carve and Spit restore a small amount of TP instead of its current 'literally worse than Syphon Strike' non-DA form.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Do the fish for Feast of Famine need to be HQ or is NQ acceptable?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ciaphas posted:

I'd love it if they made non-DA Carve and Spit restore a small amount of TP instead of its current 'literally worse than Syphon Strike' non-DA form.

Carve and Spit is an off GCD non-combo attack. It's supplementary to Syphon Strike, not competition.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ok fine literally worse in every respect except being off GCD then, sheesh. I'm trying to be sad about how annoying running out of TP is, here. :(

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

Do it unsynched with SMN as DPS. Akh Morn? Two can play at that game :hellyeah:

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Do the fish for Feast of Famine need to be HQ or is NQ acceptable?

I'd have literally killed myself if I had to get those HQ.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Ok fine literally worse in every respect except being off GCD then, sheesh. I'm trying to be sad about how annoying running out of TP is, here. :(

It also restores exactly as much MP as Siphon Strike does.

If they were going to band-aid DRK TP by just tossing "give me TP" on an ability I would want to see it somewhere like... DA Dark Dance is +parry and TP regen instead of +parry +dodge.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I spent a good amount of time over the past couple days doing my relic weapon quest. i sort of went back and forth between story quests and the relic stuff and, lo and behold, the relic was a significant downgrade from some blue staff I had

Can I glamour things to look like my relic weapon?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Frog Act posted:

So I spent a good amount of time over the past couple days doing my relic weapon quest. i sort of went back and forth between story quests and the relic stuff and, lo and behold, the relic was a significant downgrade from some blue staff I had

Yes.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Frog Act posted:

If you keep at that relic weapon, not only look a great deal fancier, but it'll be probably your best weapon through to as high as level 56!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

BattleCake posted:

If I can't find an entire static's worth of people interested, I'll just settle for something like this, I expect. And maybe trying out the Bahamut fight Synched. But first I want to see if I can slap a group together, my hope is that there are some goons in the same boat as me (i.e. never got to do Coil back in the day but still want to try to experience it as it was originally was, or something close).

I'm lvl 42 on my warrior now. I've been playing a lot and expect to reach 50 in the next few days. I have played many mmos over the years but I have never done any raids, and I would be nice to have a relaxed group of noobs to learn it together. If that is going to work what exactly do I need in terms of lvl , msq, and equips?

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.

Pigbottom posted:

I'm lvl 42 on my warrior now. I've been playing a lot and expect to reach 50 in the next few days. I have played many mmos over the years but I have never done any raids, and I would be nice to have a relaxed group of noobs to learn it together. If that is going to work what exactly do I need in terms of lvl , msq, and equips?

Level 50, you need to complete the 3 Hard Mode Primals Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan - which is a questline that starts right after you finish the 2.0 main story quest. Minimum item level for Coil is 70, and goes up from there - which is pretty easy to get these days, as just doing the MSQ until Ishgard/Heavensward will get you 115 gear.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Eej posted:

Uh this the exact same situation with 2 star crafting right now though.

There's no 100% HQ level 60 2 star rotation that doesn't rely on hasty touch or getting the right good/excellent procs. No matter what you do, RNG can always just say nope, gently caress you, you're not getting HQ today. I'd also like to see someone reliably HQ level 60 2 star items without cross class skills. It's not at all the same as level 50 2 star.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

AS2 is pretty easy but good god is it boring as gently caress.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

What Logicone said. Let me know what your character name is so I can add you to my friends list. Equipment will be pretty easy to obtain and I can help you out with that if need be.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
tying DRK's tp restore to a defensive cooldown is stupid as hell because it makes it completely worthless for offtank drks, which is where the TP problem arises almost exclusively in content that matters

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

AS2 is pretty easy but good god is it boring as gently caress.

It's a weird contrast to learning A1S.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

BattleCake posted:

What Logicone said. Let me know what your character name is so I can add you to my friends list. Equipment will be pretty easy to obtain and I can help you out with that if need be.

Cool. My characters name is Bacon Pigbottom.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
A better solution is to remove TP from the game as a whole it doesn't really do anything except punish you for playing your class optimally. Look at Warriors, they basically have infinite TP and yet they are not overpowered, perhaps a touch on the strong side but that stems party from the whole infinite TP thing.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

I attempted to make a static on ffgoons but it seems like everyone that was in it left the game :( I'd love to join one. Does anyone have room for a healer that plays during the evenings on PST?

In other news, I got AV for LDR today. The healer kept running out of MP because they kept casting cure 2 and regen, never cure 1. He listened to me when I told him to stop, but when I saw him casting aero 2 not in cleric stance, I said to use it. His response? "I'm not going to stance dance." :negative:

I've never quite understood people running out of MP using cure 2 and regen during not-hard content. Like, it's not efficient, but unless the fight takes forever it shouldn't be too much of an issue. They must be overhealing like crazy, and never using Shroud. I personally rarely use cure 1 outside of hard content, because cure 2 gives me more time to dps (Taking 1 gcd to bring a tank from half-health to near full as opposed to 2 gcds). Never have mp issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
I had a WHM in HLDR the other day who exclusively used Medica 2 and Stoneskin. In cleric stance. They never DPSed.

• Locked thread