Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0-1-kS2j8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

How did All Of That poo poo happen in the same match??!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Was there a Charge Beam clash at about 1:03?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Aston posted:

Was there a Charge Beam clash at about 1:03?

yes, and because of this, the balls were inert

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Tonetta posted:

yes, and because of this, the balls were inert

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Reiley posted:

How did All Of That poo poo happen in the same match??!

Win or lose I go for the gusto

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Melee day http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I really want to join one of these weeklys now. I hope by facing you fine people that I'll finally be able to start my path to getting good.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Would P2 have survived with better D.I.?

Ran into a Gannondorf using Duck Hunt again in 1v1. The match lasted over two minutes, and you can pinpoint the exact instant he decides he's done playing for the night.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Prowler posted:

The answer is always yes.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Prowler posted:

no, he was at almost exact percent where di would have made no difference in his demise.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Someone sm4sh me

im in the irc

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
good smashcon, m2k needs to lube up his fingers though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

The answer is always yes.

Fight me sometime

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

No, I'm scared.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else having problems with unwanted pivoting?

Over half of the time when I try to do a running grab I'll accidentally pivot and grab the other direction, which as you can guess is pretty disastrous with most characters. This happens with both the gamepad and the pro controller, and my only guess as to what's happening is that I'm flicking the stick and instead of it returning to neutral it overshoots and registers that I'm briefly turning the other direction.

It's completely ruining my enjoyment of the game and it started happening as I got better at the game (doing actions faster, more flicking rather than slow deliberate movements) :( Any tips on how to fix/reduce the problem?

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Holy crap Rosalina edge huggers are annoying. This guy on for glory would camp the ledge every game and send out Luma while spamming jabs and other poo poo as I approached. It was infuriating until I switched to Zelda and taught him about whos the meanest princess around. Pardon my very average play but this felt really good. I need to play more Zelda. She fucks up projectile assholes pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_9HKcsTPH0

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Athropos posted:

This guy on for glory

For Glory is a shitshow come fight us in the IRC!!!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Also if you're Zelda and someone's camping just up-b sideways into them over and over, you do a ton of knockback coming out of your teleport.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Reiley posted:

For Glory is a shitshow come fight us in the IRC!!!

More like For Gloryholes. Add me. Nintendo ID is Xeronak.

I might get wrecked since you guys sound good but it should help me improve. You can see a sample of some matches I did on my youtube. My biggest issue is getting used to the wiiu pro controller and getting my smash attacks to reliably happen since I seem to just tilt sometimes instead. I guess im not jackin the stick enough.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Your Computer posted:

Over half of the time when I try to do a running grab I'll accidentally pivot and grab the other direction, which as you can guess is pretty disastrous with most characters. This happens with both the gamepad and the pro controller, and my only guess as to what's happening is that I'm flicking the stick and instead of it returning to neutral it overshoots and registers that I'm briefly turning the other direction.

It's completely ruining my enjoyment of the game and it started happening as I got better at the game (doing actions faster, more flicking rather than slow deliberate movements) :( Any tips on how to fix/reduce the problem?

This happens to me as well, I'm not sure what it is and I don't have any way to help you, but just know you're not alone!

e: if it wasn't so annoying it would be pretty funny watching Ness constantly backing into people, his little arms flailing uselessly.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

If you want a running grab, just don't let go of the control stick. Hold right and press grab (the ZR/ZL button on the gamepad/pro, assuming you didn't remap them).

If you want a standing grab out of a run, hold shield for a split second, then press attack. The shield will cancel your dash and shield+attack is grab.

I've never heard of "unwanted pivoting." It sounds like you're over-complicating your inputs.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Roy is just goddamn ridiculous! I KO'd a guy in For Glory off the right side of the screen while standing on the left side of the platform using an uncharged side-smash at around 60-70%. :aaaaa:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Roy is just goddamn ridiculous! I KO'd a guy in For Glory off the right side of the screen while standing on the left side of the platform using an uncharged side-smash at around 60-70%. :aaaaa:

shhh you'll wake Tonetta

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'd be OK if Roy was less ridiculous. I would like it, actually.

What I am saying is I'm tired of dying to stupid things like what oxygen described.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reiley posted:

Also if you're Zelda and someone's camping just up-b sideways into them over and over, you do a ton of knockback coming out of your teleport.

Just don't side b off the ledge

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

What I am saying is I'm tired of dying to stupid things like what oxygen described.

You, too, can learn not to die through my amazing product, "git gud"

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

You, too, can learn not to die through my amazing product, "git gud"

I ordered a case of that once from another salesman but when I opened it the only thing inside was just a jar of piss and a sticky note that read "gently caress You"?

I don't understand how this is supposed to help me.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

you gotta drink it man

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

I ordered a case of that once from another salesman but when I opened it the only thing inside was just a jar of piss and a sticky note that read "gently caress You"?

I don't understand how this is supposed to help me.

gently caress I think they mixed up our addresses

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Roy is like the power of the Dorf mixed with the speed and range of Marth, in other words, total bullshit

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

If you're struggling with Roy, I suggest baiting out the cannonball and punishing. Watch out for the hammer after he leaves the Klown Kar, it has extra knockback!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

How Rude posted:

Roy is like the power of the Dorf mixed with the speed and range of Marth, in other words, total bullshit

"Marth"

"Speedy"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Roy is good. I like Roy.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Raserys posted:

I am confident Roy will be vastly improved and more different than his Melee version.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Roy is cool and good but his vertical is awful and he hugely benefits from A-Sticking.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
please watch this

https://vine.co/v/edabLm5PT6F

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

TheKingofSprings posted:

"Marth"

"Speedy"

Faster than the dorf. He's like medium speed, ofc not like Super Sonic or Sheik speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

roy is cool

• Locked thread