Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Teaser for HBO's Westworld series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM8HNuRLIBI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

So excited... especially after the goddamned trainwreck of True Detective Season 2 (Seriously hope HBO learns a big lesson with that one).

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BonoMan posted:

So excited... especially after the goddamned trainwreck of True Detective Season 2 (Seriously hope HBO learns a big lesson with that one).

What lesson do you think they should have learned?

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpPWWeWvI6Q

South Korean TV spot campaign for Force Awakens has started. Only one new shot, but god drat the arrangement is great.

BonoMan posted:

I'm not sure what they would learn as season 2 was pretty good. I know people were hard on it right out of the gate because it was a little slow to start, but it seems like most people have turned around on it.

ApexAftermath fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 10, 2015

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ApexAftermath posted:

South Korean TV spot campaign for Force Awakens has started. Only one new shot, but god drat the arrangement is great.

I'm not sure what they would learn as season 2 was pretty good. I know people were hard on it right out of the gate because it was a little slow to start, but it seems like most people have turned around on it.

I wouldn't read the TVIV thread for it if I were you!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

What lesson do you think they should have learned?

That we get the world we deserve, probably.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

I wouldn't read the TVIV thread for it if I were you!

TVIV is a horrible place to get opinions about TV shows. If it is hated there then you can be pretty positive the show is actually quite good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

TVIV is a horrible place to get opinions about TV shows. If it is hated there then you can be pretty positive the show is actually quite good.

That's pretty hyperbolic, much like TVIV!

True Detective season 2 was good, I enjoyed it, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the first season, and even on its own merits it had several significant issues. I do think it's worth watching, regardless, especially now that you won't have to wait a week between each episode.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

True Dick 2 was an absolute catastrophe, but a fun one to watch unfold. i do hope there's a season 3.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

True Detective 2 is a mustard bog with a lot of plot and no story. There are legitimately interesting ideas in the premise and even in the plot, but the narrative completely fails to serve those ideas in a compelling way. A lot of things happen offscreen that really should be happening onscreen, and the key players outside the main 4 don't have enough screentime and/or characterization to get the audience invested in the struggle against them. I would not recommend the show.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy gently caress what even is this?

Pseudo-futuristic Deadwood? Steampunk Deadwood?

SOMETHING WITH DEADWOOD

GIVE ME IT

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Deakul posted:

Holy gently caress what even is this?

Pseudo-futuristic Deadwood? Steampunk Deadwood?

SOMETHING WITH DEADWOOD

GIVE ME IT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westworld

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Every episode of True Detective was good. TVIV drunk watching and forgetting people's names and then blaming it on bad writing was infuriating.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Every episode of True Detective was good. TVIV drunk watching and forgetting people's names and then blaming it on bad writing was infuriating.

tbf, i watched all but 2 episodes of True Dick sober and they were all badly written

but i don't doubt the TVIV thread was bad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
people who get drunk alone to watch tv are inhuman

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

i mean whatever it takes to get you thru True Dick: Season 2

Electromax
May 6, 2007
It wasn't good enough to merit whatever it takes. Cool shootouts though.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Groovelord Neato posted:

Sinister turned to garbage when it turned out some demon was forcing kids to do the killings but the videos/titling were disturbing as hell and were far and away the best part of the movie. Don't have high hopes for the sequel.

I was too distracted by Ethan Hawkes oddly feminine sweater thing that he wore the entire time in that movie. JUST TAKE THAT poo poo OFF MAN.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

scary ghost dog posted:

lol if you aren't an alcoholic

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wow that sounds completely retarded, can't wait.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

ApexAftermath posted:

I am now more convinced than ever that Darth Revan is the big bad, that shot is way too similar to the dark side ending of the first game to be coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDcN4adHcf0&t=1011s

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 11, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'd guess they're both cribbing from Leni Reifenstahl.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'd guess they're both cribbing from Leni Reifenstahl.

It makes more sense to be a reference to that old video game than Leni. Come on now!

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Deakul posted:

What are you doing reading this post when you could be watching Westworld?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Deakul posted:

It actually owns, maggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvD6ilfrBw8

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It actually owns, maggot.

It can be both.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I just remember watching the beginning of Westworld as a kid and being super disappointed that this cool future film turn into a loving western and then I never finished it.

I'm sure it's a good film but limiting it to that one setting always seemed odd to me.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm the guy posting in a subforum devoted to movies while also completely ignorant of Westworld.

I'm also the other guy posting True Detective season 2 was good despite all evidence to the contrary.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hmm, it seems that you're neither of those guys.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I'm the guy posting about which guy I am.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Hakkesshu posted:

I just remember watching the beginning of Westworld as a kid and being super disappointed that this cool future film turn into a loving western and then I never finished it.

I'm sure it's a good film but limiting it to that one setting always seemed odd to me.

"boy I really was excited for Jurassic Park until I found out it had dinosaurs in it, where's my 20 foot long killer trilobites SPIELBERG"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm the guy posting in a subforum devoted to movies while also completely ignorant of Westworld.

I'm also the other guy posting True Detective season 2 was good despite all evidence to the contrary.

You're the guy who also makes terrible posts apparently. :haw:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I watched Westworld as a kid and thought "this is loving sick"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

It can be both.

yeah Westworld is a very clear case of something that's both totally stupid and also completely awesome

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hat Thoughts posted:

I watched Westworld as a kid and thought "this is loving sick"

While your kid self was watching Westworld my kid self was watching Total Recall and calling kids like you shitholes and poopknobs.

So sue me you dickhead.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

teagone posted:

You're the guy who also makes terrible posts apparently. :haw:

But I didn't post about how saying (rightfully) that true detective 2 wasn't good is being part of some tviv hater hivemind

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Groovelord Neato posted:

But I didn't post about how saying (rightfully) that true detective 2 wasn't good is being part of some tviv hater hivemind

How did you come to the conclusion that True Detective is Rightfully Not Good? I want to take a peek into this school of criticism.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

How did you come to the conclusion that True Detective is Rightfully Not Good? I want to take a peek into this school of criticism.

From what I've ascertained, everything Groovelord Neato posts is absolute, objective fact. No ifs, ands, or buts. Don't you dare try to question him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Well that's a stupid gimmick. I thought maybe it involved review scores or something.

• Locked thread