Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

It was actually really smart of them to make Nathan's dorm room fairly clean and put together, because then you can kind of buy that he might be able to maintain that studio in the barn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Standing up for David instead of Chloe in that one Ep.3 scene suddenly starts to crop up in every conversation involving them and even in inner monologue. Does the other choice have the same effect?

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away

Paul Zuvella posted:

Literately the first thing he says to you in the game is that he can put anyone is a dark room and take a photo of them at their most vulnerable moment.

Mr. Jefferson posted:

Seriously though, I could frame any one of you in a dark corner and capture you in a moment of desperation. And any of you could do that to me. Isn't that too easy? Too obvious?

The entire class is also in on it, guys. :tinfoil:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Here's my new theory: using spoiler tags to spare some hypothetical goon's innocence is nonsense and only makes the thread more annoying to read. This game has no show-stopping bugs and no extremely difficult puzzles, people have no reason to come here seeking help mid-game. They do come here to discuss the lukewarm story, lovely songs and awful hipsterisms - or drop a truth bomb on us before disappearing into the shadows (couple pages ago) - so why wouldn't they play every available episode before doing so? It just doesn't fit in the grand scheme and I'll upload a forty-five minute video on youtube later today to explain my reasoning in excruciating detail. I will use props.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

seravid posted:

Here's my new theory: using spoiler tags to spare some hypothetical goon's innocence is nonsense and only makes the thread more annoying to read. This game has no show-stopping bugs and no extremely difficult puzzles, people have no reason to come here seeking help mid-game. They do come here to discuss the lukewarm story, lovely songs and awful hipsterisms - or drop a truth bomb on us before disappearing into the shadows (couple pages ago) - so why wouldn't they play every available episode before doing so? It just doesn't fit in the grand scheme and I'll upload a forty-five minute video on youtube later today to explain my reasoning in excruciating detail. I will use props.

There will be face cam with obnoxious screaming or it will be worthless :colbert:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
A lot of my friends were instantly suspicious of Jefferson, but in art school I had so many professors exactly like him I just slotted him into that archetype and then totally glossed over all of the stuff that was super creepy in retrospect.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Seriously, can we quit it with the spoiler tags? The episodes are like 2 hours long. No one is reading this thread that hasn't played the episodes yet.

If there are, then they are idiots.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Anybody who says "I totally saw every twist coming a mile away, guys" should also be required to post their 100% Saved Lisa & Warned Alyssa logs.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

I haven't saved Alyssa once thankyouverymuch :colbert:. She even bitched about it in episode 4 (something like "Bad things keep happening to me when you're around, Max. Maybe try doing something to help next time.") Super powers should not be used on such trivial things.

Unless it turns out saving her is a very important plot point in ep 5, in which case I am hitting replay very fast.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I didn't find Lisa until chapter 3...

What happens if you want 100% side with David? I felt really bad breaking up him and Joyce, but couldn't justify Max siding with him on... Most issues.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Don't understand what monsters didn't warn Alyssa every time.

I just feel bad not using spoiler tags. People are totally dim enough to jump to the last page mid-way through playing or before they touch the game and I don't want to ruin it for them. Plus there's going to be another two months between this ep and next, that's plenty of time for people to wise up and finally get the game. And I enjoy people saying "oh man I just got to the end of ep 3 and it was so depressing, I hope ep 4 is cheerier" and we'll all post our oh-so-hilarious reactions to that.

seravid posted:

You could just calm down and press ctrl+A?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Anybody who says "I totally saw every twist coming a mile away, guys" should also be required to post their 100% Saved Lisa & Warned Alyssa logs.

I've warned Alyssa but gently caress that dumb plant, I'm not replaying a game to save a plant.

Also the only reason I save alyssa is because her voice acting is legitimately the funniest thing in the game to me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Moriatti posted:

I didn't find Lisa until chapter 3...

What happens if you want 100% side with David? I felt really bad breaking up him and Joyce, but couldn't justify Max siding with him on... Most issues.

It becomes more clear that he's concerned about the kids at Blackwell, but has totally misread Kate and Max. He knows something bad is going on there and is gathering evidence. He admits he really messed up when it comes to Kate and blames himself for leaving the roof unlocked. He's still kind of a jerk, but usually apologizes afterwards. It's also clear he really cares about Chloe and wants her to get her poo poo together but has no way to relate to her and doesn't know how to talk to her.

He's much more sympathetic if you side with him, and you can see that he's a decent guy but is having a really hard time adjusting or relating with people.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I've never once helped Alyssa straight away, because it's always super obvious that she's going to get hit and it's hilarious. I always rewind and save her afterwards, though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also the only reason I save alyssa is because her voice acting is legitimately the funniest thing in the game to me.
It sounds like she's gargling marbles every time she talks. Her voice actor also voices someone else I think and I guess that Alyssa's voice is just to mask that fact?

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Codependent Poster posted:

He's much more sympathetic if you side with him, and you can see that he's a decent guy but is having a really hard time adjusting or relating with people.

David is a modern John Rambo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TerminalSaint posted:

I'd enjoy it if David kills Jefferson with an exploding arrow.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

David is cool.

Drunk Warren's VA sounds like a dude twice his size pinching his nose.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

VagueRant posted:

I just feel bad not using spoiler tags. People are totally dim enough to jump to the last page mid-way through playing or before they touch the game and I don't want to ruin it for them. Plus there's going to be another two months between this ep and next, that's plenty of time for people to wise up and finally get the game. And I enjoy people saying "oh man I just got to the end of ep 3 and it was so depressing, I hope ep 4 is cheerier" and we'll all post our oh-so-hilarious reactions to that.

Yeah, I don't think any of this ever happened in this thread though.

TerminalSaint posted:

Rambo gets to town and just wants to be left alone starts investigating everyone for drug-related crimes, placing traps cameras everywhere and threatening teenagers with a giant knife.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wahhhhh i cant move my mouse over a black block

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

seravid posted:

Yeah, I don't think any of this ever happened in this thread though.

Rambo gets to town and just wants to be left alone starts investigating everyone for drug-related crimes, placing traps cameras everywhere and threatening teenagers with a giant knife.

Life Is Strange Ending E: Every character has their personal flavored mental breakdown at the same time, behold the carnage.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

In class you're the law, out here it's me.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Quote-Unquote posted:

I've never once helped Alyssa straight away, because it's always super obvious that she's going to get hit and it's hilarious. I always rewind and save her afterwards, though.

There were like two instances where my camera was turned some other direction or I was exploring and I completely missed Alyssa getting hit by stuff.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Moltrey posted:

It sounds like she's gargling marbles every time she talks. Her voice actor also voices someone else I think and I guess that Alyssa's voice is just to mask that fact?

Her voice actress is also the voice of Chloe.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I really love how much detail they've put into the character interactions. Almost every character is like this, where if you avoid any interaction with them they seem like shallow stereotypes, but once you get to know them (or unlock conversations/side plots) their motivations and personalities become clearer and with a lot more depth. People who don't bother to explore certain characters in their playthroughs come away with different impressions of them. It's great.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Malpais Legate posted:

Her voice actress is also the voice of Chloe.
I'm pretty sure Alyssa isn't voiced by Ashly Burch. Googling gives me the name Dayeanne Hutton who also plays Kate and Juliet. So I feel that might be why Alyssa's voice is off.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Samuel and Joyce both have incredibly distracting voices too. Joyce's faux southern US drawl is painful and I'm not even American. And Samuel sounds like Mr Jefferson doing a silly voice (when I don't think it's even the same actor...).

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Moriatti posted:

Be sure to update us on what happens when you inevitably kill Frank with a gun.
We didn't :ohdear: He got it in the leg. So far the only survivors left by Max are Frank and Lisa. I'll probably replay some day to fix both.

I wonder if there will be any side effects of Max flat out telling Victoria she set up the paint can accident.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I feel like most of the social interactions that have been spread throughout the game paid off in episode 4, since I had to try and convince Victoria to stay away from Nathan. I was able to get her to believe me because I had been kinda nice to her. I imagine that would be more difficult / impossible if you had been a (justifiably) complete monster towards her. The same goes with Frank, as all of your interactions with him culminate in how easy or difficult it is to get his information without him ending up dead/wounded, as well as Alyssa telling you where to go look for Nathan.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VagueRant posted:

Samuel and Joyce both have incredibly distracting voices too. Joyce's faux southern US drawl is painful and I'm not even American. And Samuel sounds like Mr Jefferson doing a silly voice (when I don't think it's even the same actor...).

She reminds me of the waitress in the greasy spoon back home, accent and all

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Poor people like Joyce and Homeless Lady are good salt of the earth people with southern accents in Oregon and all the rich people are bad because this game was made in Paris.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Oregon accents are weird, I know a bunch of people from there who almost sound like Southerners.

Also the GPS coordinates are in the middle of Tillamook Bay. Arcadia Bay is basically Bay City/Garibaldi without the cool lighthouse.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
I think its possible Joyce moved from a southern state to Oregon, guys. Her accent isn't the most unbelievable thing in this game about time travel.

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk

Torgo2727 posted:

I think its possible Joyce moved from a southern state to Oregon, guys. Her accent isn't the most unbelievable thing in this game about time travel.

I grew up on a dairy farm in central Mississippi and I assert that Joyce's accent is fine.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

I wonder if there will be any side effects of Max flat out telling Victoria she set up the paint can accident.

I was actually trying really hard to warn her and she was all coming around and said something like "It's like something is keeping us from being friends", and I selected the "There's no need" option THINKING IN MY HEAD "It's okay that we're not friends, we can still be civil to each other" but gosh that's not how Max was thinking AT ALL :v:

I didn't rewind it because she was such a bitch about it that I was like "Well fine then. I guess I'll live with this mis-step too." and gave her the paint can info treatment.

So basically, my game is hosed now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I was a complete bitch back to Victoria but regret nothing because I still warned her regardless. Even though she didn't believe me I tried so my conscience is crystal fuckin' clear. :colbert:

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004

Tagra posted:

I was actually trying really hard to warn her and she was all coming around and said something like "It's like something is keeping us from being friends", and I selected the "There's no need" option THINKING IN MY HEAD "It's okay that we're not friends, we can still be civil to each other" but gosh that's not how Max was thinking AT ALL :v:

I didn't rewind it because she was such a bitch about it that I was like "Well fine then. I guess I'll live with this mis-step too." and gave her the paint can info treatment.

You can always go back and redo that section if you feel that strongly about it. Its near the end of the episode so it wouldn't take very long to do.

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

I had the most fascinating episode 4. The confrontation with Frank glitched out when I rewound after killing him. So, I saved him. All done, I assumed. I go into Chloe's car and next scene she's crying about Frank being dead, WHILE he is sending me a text message saying we should all hang out later. The end of the episode even said I did both options. So, uh, I broke the timeline? :getin:

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Tagra posted:

Yeah, that one had Mass Effect levels of disconnect between the prompt and the dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ammonsa posted:

I had the most fascinating episode 4. The confrontation with Frank glitched out when I rewound after killing him. So, I saved him. All done, I assumed. I go into Chloe's car and next scene she's crying about Frank being dead, WHILE he is sending me a text message saying we should all hang out later. The end of the episode even said I did both options. So, uh, I broke the timeline? :getin:

screenshots or it didnt happen.

• Locked thread