Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Trickjaw posted:

Waitjustadamnedminute. Twice now, had riddler informants in interrogation, and they just tell me to get to gently caress and I have to kill them. Anyone else get this?

You can counter their bullshit. I got whacked by the first guy to try this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trickjaw posted:

Waitjustadamnedminute. Twice now, had riddler informants in interrogation, and they just tell me to get to gently caress and I have to kill them. Anyone else get this?

You need to counter them before they hit you.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I was surprised to hear that the PC sales had been halted on this game. It stuttered a few times and there were some weird cutscene type glitches, but it wasn't unplayable for me at all. I'm wondering if people tweaking things contributed to it breaking?

I'm kinda bummed they didn't have those maps with the waves of enemies like the previous Arkham games.

The Batmobile events were so repetitive for me. More and more tanks! I'd literally just shoot till my charge was full and unleash the mega missile barrage thing.

As a non-comic book reader, the reveal of who the Arkham Knight is was underwhelming. I kept hoping it'd be the Joker.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aexo posted:

I was surprised to hear that the PC sales had been halted on this game. It stuttered a few times and there were some weird cutscene type glitches, but it wasn't unplayable for me at all. I'm wondering if people tweaking things contributed to it breaking?

People tweaking it made it playable. WB isn't going to remove the game from Steam for months on end and not even allow DLC because of minor poo poo, and especially not because of how people mod/tweak the game afterwards. They were counting on that game to make them a bunch of money this quarter, and now it's languishing in repair behind the scenes because their PC port was nowhere near ready. When the developers come out and say
we hosed up and were right to pull it,
it might actually be a major problem.

Glad you had not-a-terrible time with it, but there were many many people who could not even play the game at all, the stuttering/frame-dropping/crashing was so bad.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 10, 2015

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Aexo posted:

The Arkham Knight PC port is seriously not that bad compared to stuff like Saints Row 2, Dark Souls, Deadly Premonition, and Resident Evil 4, the only reason it got pulled from sale is because it was the first high-profile bad PC port since Steam refunds were implemented.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
Yeah, I got this for free with a new video card and I've been playing it off and on with no real issues. There was some lag/stuttering when I left it up and running for the better part of two days before I got back to it, but restarting the game cleared it. The thing that really blew my mind was the texture settings only having a low and normal setting, with normal requiring a 3 gig or better video card.

I mean, good on WB for pulling it ahead of mass refunds, but compared to a lot of the other poo poo shows that have hit steam over the years, this one's pretty decent.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

NatasDog posted:

Yeah, I got this for free with a new video card and I've been playing it off and on with no real issues. There was some lag/stuttering when I left it up and running for the better part of two days before I got back to it, but restarting the game cleared it. The thing that really blew my mind was the texture settings only having a low and normal setting, with normal requiring a 3 gig or better video card.

I mean, good on WB for pulling it ahead of mass refunds, but compared to a lot of the other poo poo shows that have hit steam over the years, this one's pretty decent.

Counterpoint: I also got this for free with a new video card, and it's blue-screened my PC multiple times. The last time I played it crashed within five minutes. I'm not touching it again till it's fully patched.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 10, 2015

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

loving manbat. Playing NG+ and he scared me again, making me scream like a girl. My nerves are shot.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

NESguerilla posted:

I'm at a total loss on what to do at this part. I just came back to the game after about a month and getting stuck. I'm on this part in the main story where you are in a sewer and at the end there is a room with a bunch of the big guys and seemingly endless sword mooks. I'm playing on hard and not dying to bump the difficulty down, because up until now the game has been ridiculously easy. This part feels loving impossible though and the wave of enemies just seems to never end. Should I just give up and bump the difficulty down or is there some way to get this stupid part to end? I must have died 30 times on this loving part and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight.

Edit: Ahahaha it's like clockwork every time I bitch and moan about a part in a video game I beat it on the next try. Jesus.

This is the first part in NG+ where I've got stuck, and I think it's because I dont know how to do an environment takedown. I dont know if I missed the tutorial or if there are no prompts or what. Anyone have a cliffs notes?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Terrible Horse posted:

This is the first part in NG+ where I've got stuck, and I think it's because I dont know how to do an environment takedown. I dont know if I missed the tutorial or if there are no prompts or what. Anyone have a cliffs notes?

On a Playstation controller, it's Square + X, and an enemy usually glows blue when they're standing close enough to something for a takedown to work on them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Someone in the comics costumes thread just posted a clear screenshot of the Batgirl DLC's Harley. Jeez, I didn't think it was possible to make a costume worse than the ones the series already had.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Someone in the comics costumes thread just posted a clear screenshot of the Batgirl DLC's Harley. Jeez, I didn't think it was possible to make a costume worse than the ones the series already had.

I thought it was the animated series costume.

maxmandude
Apr 16, 2013
It is, just incredibly skintight.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I thought it was the animated series costume.

It is, but they made it look very... plasticky. She looks like a latex blow up doll and it doesn't look at all flexible, which is pretty weird for a loving gymnast!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Terrible Horse posted:

Takedowns are the same command as weapon grab. X+A or X+Square I think

It really works well when you want to takedown a dude and Batman just grabs a pipe instead!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

CuwiKhons posted:

It is, but they made it look very... plasticky. She looks like a latex blow up doll and it doesn't look at all flexible, which is pretty weird for a loving gymnast!

That's sort of the problem of adapting something made for a very non-detail-styled cartoon. A lot of comic book hero costumes look honestly ludicrous on an actual 3-D person. The movies run into this all the time, with varying successes in how they adapt the costumes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Sorry, I shoulda just posted the image:

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
She looks great. Obviously does Pilates.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, the outfit looks really latexy. Really weird, since the same costume in both BTAS and Assault on Arkham was cloth. :shrug:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Why is there that pixely censoring effect on her breast and crotch?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Why is there that pixely censoring effect on her breast and crotch?

There isn't. It's just a lovely screenshot.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Terrible Horse posted:

On PC I find environmental takedowns almost impossible to trigger. I don't know if it's just that the timing's really tight and I keep missing it or if it's another PC bug. I can pick up pipes and bats reliably, but it seems like the takedowns only work maybe one in ten tries. Are they like that on consoles, is it a bug or do I just suck?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Knormal posted:

On PC I find environmental takedowns almost impossible to trigger. I don't know if it's just that the timing's really tight and I keep missing it or if it's another PC bug. I can pick up pipes and bats reliably, but it seems like the takedowns only work maybe one in ten tries. Are they like that on consoles, is it a bug or do I just suck?

It's hard to actually get it to target who you want. You kind of have to be punching at them and sometimes the blue outline only shows up for a split second.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm in the middle of the Riddler grind, and I'm just curious - does the game really not tell you where the pressure pads that start the race-to-the-trophy ones are? I've only got one trophy and one actual riddle on Founders'. I know where the trophy is, but I dunno where the race starts.

E: vvv Well poo poo, so it does. After awhile I guess I blanked out any writing Eddie did and wasn't paying attention to stuff on the walls or ground. Thanks!

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 11, 2015

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The trophy has map co-ordinates for where the pressure pad is. It doesn't take height into account though so co-ordinates might point to the top of a skyscraper or its basement.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
There was a crime scene segment in Arkham Origins where Batman deduced the velocity of something from a DNA analysis of the person it hit.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I don't get why the ? icon for the race trophies doesn't point to the start button, especially seeing as how the ? icons for the Batmobile breadcrumb trail things all point to the start buttons. Having to find the things again with manual waypoints and the tiny-rear end numbers on the map was a hella pain.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

There was a crime scene segment in Arkham Origins where Batman deduced the velocity of something from a DNA analysis of the person it hit.

Well he IS the world's greatest detective.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't it the DNA splatter and spread he measured? That sounds...horrific but vaguely sciency.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I'm stupid and don't understand the breadcrumb riddles. I'll follow them to a point, then they just go cold. What am I supposed to be doing?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do you mean the ones you follow with the Batmobile? Assuming you've gotten to the very end, sometimes it's not very clear, you need to shoot the highlighted target with your main cannon. It'll blow the wall open and you can jump in for a trophy.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Mogomra posted:

I'm stupid and don't understand the breadcrumb riddles. I'll follow them to a point, then they just go cold. What am I supposed to be doing?

Sometimes the trail goes through walls, across leaps, or at one point through the ceiling to the area above. Circle around and find it again (but be quick).

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Fedule posted:

Sometimes the trail goes through walls, across leaps, or at one point through the ceiling to the area above. Circle around and find it again (but be quick).

Ok, that makes sense. The first one I tried must have been the ceiling one. I didn't know what the gently caress. Thanks!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do you get the riddler trophy on the way out of the blimp? The one where you have to use the rapid fire batarangs to hit the 3 question marks. There doesn't seem to be enough room to get in there.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NESguerilla posted:

How do you get the riddler trophy on the way out of the blimp? The one where you have to use the rapid fire batarangs to hit the 3 question marks. There doesn't seem to be enough room to get in there.

Batclaw?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

Have you got the triple batarang throw upgrade? You need to hit them simultaneously.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. I opened it, I just forgot the bat claw existed. That was what I needed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aexo posted:

There are those who were lucky enough to have the game run well on PC (I am one of the lucky ones) but a pretty significant number of people had the game basically be unplayable for them - this doesn't seem to have been a case of a vocal minority, it was bad enough that WB pulled the game from sale (helped by Steam's refund policy costing WB more money for refunds than they got for the initial purchase) and apologized for making a lovely port.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
And that's Riddler locked up. 16 trophies left before I can put this stinker to bed. Annoyed that I somehow missed one or two Predator takedowns, but the rest of the in-game stuff is easy-ish enough. The real pisser's gonna be hitting 69 stars. The Scarecrow maps count towards the total, right? Can I like... use those instead of Bat-Tank combat maps or races?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Maybe I'm doing something dumb, and someone can help. I was trying to log into play to get more dress up outfits foe Bats, and logged in, but it just goes to account details, and there is no way to go any further, and you need to be 'actbe' on their forums to get Zur en Arr suit. I have tried different browsers, my laptop, tablet, and phone and I cant do it. Am I being thick, or is it WB being useless again?

• Locked thread