Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Shugojin posted:

Eh, they tried to claim it was gonna be a ~morally grey~ quest or something but in the end there's no difference, literally no matter what you do the slaves sit around and wear lovely rags and grind up metal and the baby is in a crib happy as can be.

e: It was better than Anchorage or Zeta, anyway. I'd probably put it a solid third on the fallout 3 DLC ranking

I liked Zeta better than the Pitt, but it's pretty close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

JackBadass posted:

If they do, I hope they include a better variety. The only really interesting ones in NV were the one that made you have to wear glasses and maybe the claustrophobia one. Wild Wasteland, too, but that should have been a separate option like hardcore mode was.

Logan's Loophole was pretty okay too since it capped the level scaling at 30 with you and made the "do all the drugs and then punch a deathclaw" playstyle work better.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Shugojin posted:

Eh, they tried to claim it was gonna be a ~morally grey~ quest or something but in the end there's no difference, literally no matter what you do the slaves sit around and wear lovely rags and grind up metal and the baby is in a crib happy as can be.

Call me a fag but I couldn't bring myself to actually shoot that baby's mom and run away with it :smith: I was even going full slave support on that run!

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Aliens and alaska DLC sucked soooo bad.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The slaves were actually the evil option.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ashur was a noble job creator. I mean just look at the capital wasteland, the only jobs are guard, sheriff, shopkeeper, and scientist. everyone else is a homeless bum eating 200 year old canned food

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

JackBadass posted:

Was the Pitt really that bad? I remember it being boring, but I thought that was just because I wasted time getting all the ingots.

From what I remember the story was bad (no surprise there), but I enjoyed the setting and the various armors (that I inserted into the leveled lists of the regular wasteland raiders for my raider RP run). But then again I enjoy the short ranged cramped style of combat and claustrophobia of the sewer/metro areas in Fallout 3, as well as the verticality/depth of urban areas.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Rutibex posted:

I mean just look at the capital wasteland, the only jobs are guard, sheriff, shopkeeper, and scientist.

And super hero or super villain.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Pwnstar posted:

Poor Ranger Jackson, thought of ants and died.

i appreciate you

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The funny thing is the moral grey of The Pitt was a little bit more believable version of Lyons as Asher was trying to make a functional society out of violent people living in an even more super irradiated hellhole that were going to loving mutate into a bunch of trogs anyway. Whether or not they were really salvageable is up for debate, but it was mildly amusing looking at what a Brotherhood attempt at a civilizing force could be like when they're not ham-handedly put into a easy position of being benevolent peacekeepers. The DLC's still pointless outside of getting the Ripper but they poorly tried coming up with characters that weren't extremely good nor stupidly evil.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

AriadneThread posted:

i appreciate you

That's why there's no horses in Fallout.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JackBadass posted:

Holy crap, I was looking for a Family Circus comic to make a lovely joke, and realized how lazy Bil and Jeff Keane are. Here's the comic from July 23, 2000:

And here's the comic from July 23, 2015:

Holy poo poo. This is huge. You need to publish this before they try to silence you.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't think you could get much lazier than Tim Buckley, but here we go.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Die Laughing posted:

That's why there's no horses in Fallout.

Give it some time and there's always a ridable mod for anything.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The dilemma in The Pitt becomes less grey when you think about it and realize these dudes are in no way equipped or skilled enough to research a genetic cure from a baby's mutation, and will probably kill it accidentally doing tests. Steal the baby is the right choice.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

To give it to dudes way less equipped and skilled with and less reason to care about the baby's welfare vs. the cure?

There's always a third option and its always the best option

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Phlegmish posted:

Holy poo poo. This is huge. You need to publish this before they try to silence you.

WHAT were they thinking???

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pwnstar posted:

To give it to dudes way less equipped and skilled with and less reason to care about the baby's welfare vs. the cure?

There's always a third option and its always the best option

This is bullshit, you can eat a baby but not the annoying shits in Little Lamplight?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
NV didn't have any recipes for cooking human flesh.

I'd have gone with [Human Flesh], [Jalapeno] and a side of [Pinto Beans].

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

MariusLecter posted:

I'd have gone with [Human Flesh], [Jalapeno][wine] and a side of [Pinto Beans].

ftfy thsip-thsip-thsip-thsip-thsip-thsip-thsip-thsip

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MariusLecter posted:

There's a reason why it's called long pig.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

MariusLecter posted:

moddb

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6yZleNirrDuDscp83u

have a horrible lovely video leaked from gamescom you horrible shitheads

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Alright I fastforwarded to a random part and saw a ghoul with no arm crawling to the player and it looked baller as gently caress. GOTY 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Lots of reused assets from what I saw. Glad to see they spent their 2+ years of development well.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also the smoke effect from the weapons look really nice.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SunAndSpring posted:

Lots of reused assets from what I saw. Glad to see they spent their 2+ years of development well.

Name 5.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

How can you tell from the quality of that video?

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
those shoulder textures look super realistic

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I guess this might be the most interesting part of the video:

http://s27.postimg.org/6x87xaydv/vlcsnap_2015_08_10_21h41m54s254.png (Spoilers for skills)

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

ymgve posted:

http://s27.postimg.org/6x87xaydv/vlcsnap_2015_08_10_21h41m54s254.png (Spoilers for skills)

Good to see T-How's "You can choose from all the perks right out of the gate!" was bullshit.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ymgve posted:

Well look at that, Bloody Mess actually having ranks

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

Good to see T-How's "You can choose from all the perks right out of the gate!" was bullshit.

It's restricted by stat requirements, not level.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

ymgve posted:

That's supposed to be the perk selection menu? Almost comforting to see Bethesda is still crap at designing GUIs.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

May not be the selection screen per se, but it's at the very least the record. Instead of a straight top down list of your perks and abilities, it tracks it in the vault poster.

So I guess they're going to add extra levels to the vault in the poster as they release additional content, maybe?

Looking at that picture, I see
Lead Belly, Lady Killer, [something medic related], Commando, Scrounger,
Lifebringer, [something dog related], Gun Nut, [stealth], Bloody Mess
[A bunch of stuff I can't make out because of heads and a box], Mysterious Stranger.

Looks like we're seeing the ECIAL section of the table.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Aww yeah, it doesn't feel like pre-release hype unless you're squinting at some lovely surreptitiously taken shaky cam footage.

As for the perk chart, I think if they are set up in a 1-10 requirement fashion it makes it unlikely they'll add more layers. If that theory is wrong, I think it then becomes more likely.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Really hoping the dog perk is worth getting and turn Mr Scruffles into an insane killing machine

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh my God, the exact loving hacking game is back. Oh well, it looks good despite that.

Same lockpicking too, although I think that's less objectionable.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also drat protectron's lasers look much more powerful now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

its not the video we need, but it is the video we deserve