Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm gonna go back to FFXI after I finish Heavensward, and I'm almost halfway through that. I want to finish WoTG and SoA which I never did.

I am in the same boat as you. I want to get my ffxiv dark knight to level 60 and finish the Heavensward story missions. I really wish that SE somehow gave ffxi a queue up system for stuff. You would queue up and it would be in the same queue as all the servers. It would make doing stuff a little easier. They will never do that though, they are making it so you can solo or do stuff with 4-5 other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Gruknor posted:

I am in the same boat as you. I want to get my ffxiv dark knight to level 60 and finish the Heavensward story missions. I really wish that SE somehow gave ffxi a queue up system for stuff. You would queue up and it would be in the same queue as all the servers. It would make doing stuff a little easier. They will never do that though, they are making it so you can solo or do stuff with 4-5 other people.

Honestly a dungeon finder is like the main feature FFXI is sorely lacking but it would be drat near impossible to implement and if they were going to do it, they should have done so years ago.

Imagine how much easier it would have been to get through missions and the like back in the day in a queue instead of having to shout in Jeuno and hope you get some people.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Do they let you bring trusts into the relic and mythic grinding spots yet?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

Do they let you bring trusts into the relic and mythic grinding spots yet?
No, but you don't need them. You should be able to mow down pre SoA content.

In other news, RIP me for good. Cheated a bit too hard and I guess they insta perma now.

I'm actually fine with it knowing that I just didn't have much time to really advance at all anymore and looking on BG anymore requires taking a couple of Advil's

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
rip Jamiemadrox, you will be missed

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

How did you cheat?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

How did you cheat?

From what i know, jamie bot-crafted and used cup. Everyone figures they've been cracking down hard on fleetools.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

From what i know, jamie bot-crafted and used cup. Everyone figures they've been cracking down hard on fleetools.

Didn't he also get a warning or a temp ban on jamie along with magichero or whatever his banned alt is named?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Didn't he also get a warning or a temp ban on jamie along with magichero or whatever his banned alt is named?

magichero was my alt, who got perma'd for RMT.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Didn't have any suspensions or warnings prior to this. Was just a straight to perma ban.

Basically I was craft botting and clipping at 150%. Was very tame compared to last year.

Not mad or sad in the slightest about it, just confused really. They should of been doing this years ago when NNI was popular and you basically either clipped or struggled to clear.

I guess they are in a hurry to shutdown FFXI permanently.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I got a 3 day for excessive cupping/clipping a few months back. The crafting must have been it.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

LiquidFriend posted:

Not mad or sad in the slightest about it, just confused really. They should of been doing this years ago when NNI was popular and you basically either clipped or struggled to clear.

SE are incredibly inept when it comes to dealing with cheating. And when they do do something about it they're all wishy-washy all over the place. Were you around for the relaunch of FFXIV?

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Valle posted:

SE are incredibly inept when it comes to dealing with cheating. And when they do do something about it they're all wishy-washy all over the place. Were you around for the relaunch of FFXIV?

I hope you're referring to how their client accepted un-sanitized code (SQL or JSON or some drat thing), making it so being in the same zone as a market board meant hackers could make you buy anything they wanted to make you buy off the market, essentially stealing your money and giving you, I don't know, one ice crystal. Those were dark, hilarious times.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Jedi425 posted:

I hope you're referring to how their client accepted un-sanitized code (SQL or JSON or some drat thing), making it so being in the same zone as a market board meant hackers could make you buy anything they wanted to make you buy off the market, essentially stealing your money and giving you, I don't know, one ice crystal. Those were dark, hilarious times.

In 11, you could gently caress with bazaars, dupe thru AH, Bazaars and delivery box. My favorite exploit still has to be the invalid character inject that would immediately CTD anyone who sees it in chat.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Jedi425 posted:

That was one of the better ones yes. Also apparently letting players inject positional codes. RMT had lockdown on sheep for weeks, literally warping from mob spawn to mob spawn. It felt like SE didn't really want to ban anyone.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
New update is out and the verdict is in. gently caress the abjuration system. For certain hq abjuration pieces its a back to back tier 0 synth for a hq ilevel piece. At best case it is a tier1/tier1 synth where you need to hq both, having the base hexed/cursed -1 and synthing that up is no guarantee you will see the ilvl hq. Its probably not even a 1 in 20 chance that way.

I expect in most instances right now doing all you can to procure a full set will probably end up in "this costs more than a rem weapon" territory.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 6, 2015

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

In 11, you could gently caress with bazaars, dupe thru AH, Bazaars and delivery box. My favorite exploit still has to be the invalid character inject that would immediately CTD anyone who sees it in chat.

I may or may not have used that one to get my Byakko's Haidate after I stumbled on it by accident. Saved me a year of grinding points to be able to bid on it at the time.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
SE is selling the complete game again for :10bux: and there will be another double exp campaign starting on Monday.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Celador posted:

SE is selling the complete game again for :10bux: and there will be another double exp campaign starting on Monday.

Just in time for me to grind out the 650+ more job points i need for smn. Jesus loving christ.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

Just in time for me to grind out the 650+ more job points i need for smn. Jesus loving christ.

How can I get in on this?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

How can I get in on this?

wait until monday, when i start shouting for groups. evenings EST, probably about 5pm on

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

wait until monday, when i start shouting for groups. evenings EST, probably about 5pm on

I will try to log on as Joobacca. Both my geomancer and dark knight need job points.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

I'll try to ping you in game, im pst and don't get home until late

Selim Sivad
Sep 2, 2008

by Ralp
Just came back this week. Does FFACE not work anymore? Used to work fine, but CTDs now whenever I open it.

Also it'd be rad if I could get a pearl sometime. Name's Odjenar

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Selim Sivad posted:

Just came back this week. Does FFACE not work anymore? Used to work fine, but CTDs now whenever I open it.

Short answer is dont bot anything, se is watching like a hawk.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

Selim Sivad posted:

I haven't been able to get gambot to work in months, I imagine mytool (or whatever it's called) is in a similar situation. Clipper/Tako are all back to normal though so at least there's that.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Male of the Century posted:

I haven't been able to get gambot to work in months, I imagine mytool (or whatever it's called) is in a similar situation. Clipper/Tako are all back to normal though so at least there's that.

General consensus on clipper and bots is that you will be nailed fast and promptly banned within a month. I've already lost quite a few friends to it.

Selim Sivad
Sep 2, 2008

by Ralp
poo poo, what happened? SE used to not give a gently caress about botting. I used to park at Beaucedine Glacier for days just fish botting without ever getting so much as a warning.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It doesn't make sense that SE is now giving a poo poo about botting when the game is pretty much dead.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Odds are since the game is "pretty much dead" they've just automated it. With the game going into maintenance mode they will be looking to automate as much as possible.
So before when a special task force person might not give a poo poo or be too busy so they let stuff slide, the automated system doesn't care how minor the infraction is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Looking at the news logs before and after these updates, god drat it's like they broke more than they added.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

frodnonnag posted:

General consensus on clipper and bots is that you will be nailed fast and promptly banned within a month. I've already lost quite a few friends to it.

Yeah if you're fleeing all over the place and teleporting around I'm sure they'll come down on you. If you're just using it for ja0wait and the GM flag there isn't much they can do.

Duskv20
Sep 4, 2011

Faded Savior
Daaaaamn. Lots of information to go through. I'm an XI newbie, I'm on Asura. Been subbed for 2 months, but life has been crazy, so I've only played a total of like 10 hours. Sad, I know. Just wanted to say hi. If you're on Asura, you may see Duskira running around with a pack of super basic Trusts, feel free to say hi or give me gil or slap me or whatever. :)

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Duskv20 posted:

Daaaaamn. Lots of information to go through. I'm an XI newbie, I'm on Asura. Been subbed for 2 months, but life has been crazy, so I've only played a total of like 10 hours. Sad, I know. Just wanted to say hi. If you're on Asura, you may see Duskira running around with a pack of super basic Trusts, feel free to say hi or give me gil or slap me or whatever. :)

How about asking for a linkpearl?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Odds are since the game is "pretty much dead" they've just automated it. With the game going into maintenance mode they will be looking to automate as much as possible.
So before when a special task force person might not give a poo poo or be too busy so they let stuff slide, the automated system doesn't care how minor the infraction is.
Some of it is automated probably, but the lack of consistency on how they issue out punishments leads me to believe that there still is a human element to it.

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
Answering every pregnancy with a Coathanger!
Who should I pm to get a linkpearl when I get in game?

Also: 5.5 hours of updating to go... yep... i already hate myself.

HundredxNails fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 15, 2015

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

HundredxNails posted:

Who should I pm to get a linkpearl when I get in game?

Also: 5.5 hours of updating to go... yep... i already hate myself.

Your best bet is to tell us your in game name and when you will be on. Make sure to actually be on, no sense in bitching about not getting a pearl when you were only on for a minute.

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
Answering every pregnancy with a Coathanger!
Travisno

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Is the only way to play this game on pc nowadays? I'm playing and loving 14, thought 11 might be interesting to try. But I might be an idiot to consider it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Starting in 2016, flat out yes. Currently, if you value your sanity and want modern quality of life features, also yes. If you want a resolution higher than 640x480 then also, also yes.