Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

to think, that strapping young lad would one day strangle his girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
G looked pretty out of it in one of the Twitch chat videos after one of their games but maybe he just always looks like that https://instagram.com/p/6BHUC-xWEn/

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Wasn't G so sick he threw up in the booth? I'd give him a pass on looking out of it

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

The only reason that post got attention is because he had just beat secret and the superfans were all incredibly butthurt.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

"G how does it feel to know you ruined at least two children's lives today??"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

funmanguy posted:

This makes sense. You're not abandoning on purpose, just forgetting that you are playing dota.

I've done this. Queue up for captain's mode, alt-tab during draft. 30 minutes later, "hey why is dota open?"

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Wezlar posted:

Wasn't G so sick he threw up in the booth? I'd give him a pass on looking out of it

That also happened at... I think ESL Frankfurt, right? It was hinted in the live commentary that he has a medical condition, does anybody know more?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

botany posted:

That also happened at... I think ESL Frankfurt, right? It was hinted in the live commentary that he has a medical condition, does anybody know more?

The most likely culprit is probably stage fright

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
s4 joining some Chinese team judging from his twitter?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So has EE made a long whiny blog about how TI5 sucked yet?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Have you ever played DOTA after smoking out.

It's not good

Playing with someone on drugs leads to some pretty memorable matches.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i saw the honcast twitch channel was live, and they're broadcasting replays from 2010-2012

wanna see that fly/nova/trixi/n0tail/rexi lineup at ti6 man

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Plavski posted:

i'd investigate old man fear. no way should a geriatric like that be able to compete against nubile young chinamen

all part of the script i suppose. next year it won't just be the cheering valve will be piping into the stadium - but gas to keep the sheeple in line

no one over the age of 12 uses the word sheeple unironically

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

RiskyChris posted:

Is that the drug some goon bought a grand piano on.

Phenazapam is what you're thinking of

Also adderal has a lovely comedown and if they're using adderal and not dexedrine they probably will feel like poo poo

I don't think stimulants cause nausea generally so I dunno about the puking part

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kamikaze Raider posted:

no one over the age of 12 uses the word sheeple unironically

He was definitely legitimately serious about Valve gassing their audience to cover up Dota 2 PED habits.

edit-100% for real serious

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
G can throw up as much as he wants and act weird in stream if he keeps giving interviews to Kaci like he did

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reminder that G is a tiger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uJL7X4kHE0

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

alansmithee posted:

He was definitely legitimately serious about Valve gassing their audience to cover up Dota 2 PED habits.

edit-100% for real serious

in a thread full of this much autism, you got a 50/50 shot.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Is there a list of the best matches up anywhere? I basically missed everything except for the last 3 days of the main event, but as much as I love melting into my chair I don't think I want to watch another 40+ hours of Dota.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

IT BEGINS posted:

Is there a list of the best matches up anywhere? I basically missed everything except for the last 3 days of the main event, but as much as I love melting into my chair I don't think I want to watch another 40+ hours of Dota.

TheQat has your back

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fqrQ4yJzPzs9fEwqh86fxVPicD46SKjq3FTbuFEws2A/edit#gid=0

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

Awesome! Thank you both :)

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
So
Now that the International is over

Its my favorite time of the year

TEAM SHUFFLE TIME/DRAMA

What teams are going? what teams are rock solid? What teams are pulling a secret?

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013

scaterry posted:

So

TEAM SHUFFLE TIME/DRAMA

What teams are going? what teams are rock solid? What teams are pulling a secret?

Arteezy says he's playing mid the coming year, so either he or s4 are probably out of secret.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

scaterry posted:

So

TEAM SHUFFLE TIME/DRAMA

I think EG is going to kick everyone but sumail and start from scratch.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
what's gonna happen to techies given that they had the highest winrate at the event?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

scaterry posted:

So

TEAM SHUFFLE TIME/DRAMA

Sonneiko is going to a good team, God willing.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

scaterry posted:

So

TEAM SHUFFLE TIME/DRAMA

RTZ and Zai are going to leave Secret and start a new team with just the two of them, playing all 5 heroes at once. Remains to be seen if they will be operating 5 different computers or relying on shared unit control.

They will eventually recruit Jackie Mao, and he will be assigned to play both supports at once.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Cabbit posted:

This.

https://twitter.com/v1lat/status/630718071414493186

Based on this tweet, I will be glad that VP is sticking it through. They performed much better that I thought during the main event and it seems running that loser's bracket and upsetting Secret coalesced them together as a team.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I mean it's v1lat so I'd take that prediction with a grain of salt

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Cabbit posted:

It seemed like he was staying and Navi will probably make it worth his while. Artstyle is likely gone and possibly Funnik too.

What ever happened to Vanskor?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

CampingCarl posted:

It seemed like he was staying and Navi will probably make it worth his while. Artstyle is likely gone and possibly Funnik too.

What ever happened to Vanskor?

vanskor is on sick leave i think, ever since he was hospitalized last year during the captains draft tournament

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
This offseason is the one chance we will have to see EE and RTZ reunited, but it won't happen so gently caress Competitive Dota 2.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I walked in front of some pro players while I was going to Subway and got to hear that "C9 is in shambles," so that should be fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I mean given their abysmal performance that shouldn't surprise anyone.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

Studio posted:

I walked in front of some pro players while I was going to Subway and got to hear that "C9 is in shambles," so that should be fun.

I mean they poo poo the bed 3 consecutive days, going 0-6 against coL CDEC VG, in games that were huge throws or outdrafts. No way a team stays together after that kind of performance

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Studio posted:

truly shocking news

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

cerious posted:

I mean they poo poo the bed 3 consecutive days, going 0-6 against coL CDEC VG, in games that were huge throws or outdrafts. No way a team stays together after that kind of performance

NoTail has got to be on the scope for every English(or Danish)-speaking Pro Team right now.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Studio posted:

NoTail has got to be on the scope for every English(or Danish)-speaking Pro Team right now.

Technically if s4 leaves Secret and Arteezy takes mid, they could shift Kuroky to carry again and bring in n0tail to support. But Kuroky carry was pretty poo poo.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Zoness posted:

vanskor is on sick leave i think, ever since he was hospitalized last year during the captains draft tournament

He actually played with 4Clovers, who also had Waga on the team during the qualifiers.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Studio posted:

Since he was on a team with EE he will win TI6.

Let's not forget Archon may need to replace a player soon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

CampingCarl posted:

Since he was on a team with EE he will win TI6.

Let's not forget Archon may need to replace a player soon too.

I mean, NARv2 was a team put together just for TI quals really, nobody really expects the team to stay together. Fogged and maybe USH are the only salvagable pieces from that shitheap.

• Locked thread