Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

CampingCarl posted:

Since he was on a team with EE he will win TI6.

So the real reason EG won TI5 is because they had EE stand in for them before TI4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Studio posted:

NoTail has got to be on the scope for every English(or Danish)-speaking Pro Team right now.

uhhhhhh no lol not after that tournament performance

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PRADA SLUT posted:

New team with zai rtz ee zyzz and singsing

zyzz died in a sauna years ago due to drug and roid abuse wtf

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

kurtis really is a anime

i'm thinking persona 3

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
I thought Zai was taking at least a year off for school?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Plavski posted:

kurtis really is a anime

i'm thinking persona 3

Universe-sempai~

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cabbit posted:

Sonneiko is going to a good team, God willing.

Boot EE pick up Black.

Fear not enough wrinkles

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 10, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Glad they included the neck pillow.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the cloud9 roster is just going to get progressively worse and worse until EE hangs himself

Evfedu
Feb 28, 2007
Sumail a Gitaroo Man lookin' anime.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
EE is gonna be that guy that in five years still plays with the c9 tag, even tho they havent had a dota team in years.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

stringball posted:

Phenazapam is what you're thinking of

Also adderal has a lovely comedown and if they're using adderal and not dexedrine they probably will feel like poo poo

I don't think stimulants cause nausea generally so I dunno about the puking part

No, it was "the jooce", Benzodiazepine.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

No Safe Word posted:

I mean, NARv2 was a team put together just for TI quals really, nobody really expects the team to stay together. Fogged and maybe USH are the only salvagable pieces from that shitheap.

Chad is pretty much retired AFAIK, he's just buddies with Korok and gets roped into playing with him when he's got a hole to fill on a team and can't get a full timer. Can't see him keeping up with it.

I tutored Chad multivariable calculus last school term over Steam....poorly. I am not very good at calculus. On top of that he was across the country from me and math is almost impossible to communicate via typing, let alone over loving Steam so it was pretty bad all around. In return, he paid me in video games because his Steam wallet gets loaded up every now and then when he sells off money items. A+ system.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

rotk posted:

"Cried, got drunk, i shall be back next year. And at that time, i shall let you all know how powerful i really am. You hear me, my goddess of victory? Wake up! Defend Chinese DOTA, defend myself, rotk!!!!!!"

:allears:

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Megasabin posted:

Everyone says Sumail is a huge rager. Are there vidoes or pictures or just word of mouth?

he allchats in 4.5k avg games when he dies, raging about heroes. standard for 15 yo, held to impossible standards.

TheRat posted:

It's almost as if we've seen this before vs another team. I cant quite remember who it was though?

c9 did it really well, but it doesn't matter when bone7 and ee compete over choking harder

Nanomashoes posted:

Benzos make you suck at dota, what?

e: oh 10mg of phenaz with diphen plus more cocktails and i guess booze goodbye kid

JollyPubJerk fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 10, 2015

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

Great read imo when you get the time, I also posted the goon death

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637404&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637404&userid=148540

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

S4 removed all references to Secret from his twitter page, just like Zai and Arteezy did. It seems likely Secret is disbanding at this point.

https://twitter.com/s4dota

Khorne
May 1, 2002

botany posted:

Anectodal, but literally every single time I've watched his stream he has been raging at people. He doesn't stream much, though.
Anyone who brings their A game and is driven to be the best player they can be is going to get frustrated in NEL and dota pubs. And unfortunately, those are the best ways to practice individual skill. The biggest thing I see on his stream is he makes a correct play and his teammate does something braindead like walk away or walk around not even doing damage despite being in range. Of course that is frustrating to him. It would be frustrating to anyone. And to compound the frustration people will often poo poo talk him despite it being their play or another teammate's play that's preventing him from playing his game to begin with.

Everyone makes mistakes and screws up a follow up, but that's not frustrating. It's frustrating when someone is playing on such a braindead level that you question whether a bot would have played more effectively at that very moment than they were. Or if you could play your hero and theirs at twice the effectiveness that they are playing theirs. That is frustrating.

By all accounts he's not actually that bad to be on a team with. He takes responsibility for his gently caress ups and wants nothing more than to just get better. Because it's a team game it's very easy for other people to sabotage success outside of competitive scenarios, and because of EG's practice schedule most of the year he really does try to practice in pub games/NEL/whatever for individual skill. Jordan rubbed people the wrong way too, but it's not because he's a rager/big rear end in a top hat. It's because he wanted to win, and he dedicated himself to that completely and had no tolerance for people who didn't. If you don't want to constantly improve and win then sure that guy will seem like an rear end in a top hat, but you shouldn't be playing with him because you have very different goals when it comes to investing time into the game.

Sumail wouldn't be on EG if he was egoing ppd and fighting over what he should be doing constantly. I am sure there are times he gets ppd to try things in practice, and there are times he wants to do something, but at the end of the day you need to be able to agree to, listen to, and execute a unified plan in actual tournament games in any team game. And if you still disagree you eventually leave the team for greener pastures like Arteezy.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 10, 2015

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think that's what goons call dunning kruger

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i wonder what the other members of eg thought when sumail got ganked from a guy who walked right through their ward vision

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Probably not much because in a healthy team environment you trust your players and understand that mistakes get made

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Khorne posted:

Anyone who brings their A game and is driven to be the best player they can be is going to get frustrated in NEL and dota pubs. And unfortunately, those are the best ways to practice individual skill. The biggest thing I see on his stream is he makes a correct play and his teammate does something braindead like walk away or walk around not even doing damage despite being in range. Of course that is frustrating to him. It would be frustrating to anyone. And to compound the frustration people will often poo poo talk him despite it being their play or another teammate's play that's preventing him from playing his game to begin with.

Everyone makes mistakes and screws up a follow up, but that's not frustrating. It's frustrating when someone is playing on such a braindead level that you question whether a bot would have played more effectively at that very moment than they were. Or if you could play your hero and theirs at twice the effectiveness that they are playing theirs. That is frustrating.

By all accounts he's not actually that bad to be on a team with. He takes responsibility for his gently caress ups and wants nothing more than to just get better. Because it's a team game it's very easy for other people to sabotage success outside of competitive scenarios, and because of EG's practice schedule most of the year he really does try to practice in pub games/NEL/whatever for individual skill. Jordan rubbed people the wrong way too, but it's not because he's a rager/big rear end in a top hat. It's because he wanted to win, and he dedicated himself to that completely and had no tolerance for people who didn't. If you don't want to constantly improve and win then sure that guy will seem like an rear end in a top hat, but you shouldn't be playing with him because you have very different goals when it comes to investing time into the game.

Sumail wouldn't be on EG if he was egoing ppd and fighting over what he should be doing constantly. I am sure there are times he gets ppd to try things in practice, and there are times he wants to do something, but at the end of the day you need to be able to agree to, listen to, and execute a unified plan in actual tournament games in any team game. And if you still disagree you eventually leave the team for greener pastures like Arteezy.

i'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. getting frustrated does not automatically translate into raging in allchat. everybody gets frustrated. not everybody flames. i never said he didnt have a reason for raging, i just said he was a rager. i also didnt say anything about his behaviour with EG during practice or scrims or whatever, i was talking about solo pubs.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tweak posted:

i wonder what the other members of eg thought when sumail got ganked from a guy who walked right through their ward vision
I'm sure they weren't hyped about it, but I'm also sure it wasn't too big of a deal especially when he didn't fall behind on xp as a pre-6 storm. Their strategy that game was to leave him alone mid and secure the other lanes, knowing he could explode into the game later as long as he got 6 in a timely manner. And that strategy worked out despite the other team dedicating multiple players to camping mid. I'm sure he said things like "I'm fine guys" "it's fine guys" or whatever to them.

botany posted:

i'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. getting frustrated does not automatically translate into raging in allchat. everybody gets frustrated. not everybody flames. i never said he didnt have a reason for raging, i just said he was a rager. i also didnt say anything about his behaviour with EG during practice or scrims or whatever, i was talking about solo pubs.
It's easy to type words in all chat without even thinking. And I know, but I was just saying, calling him a rager isn't that accurate. To me a rager is someone who gets mad without a reason just because they're doing poorly. He doesn't seem that mad when he does poorly or loses. He seems frustrated when people say poo poo or do really dumb things.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 10, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He was busy doing his neck exercises.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Watching that video about sumail feeding the guy streaming seems pretty obnoxious too and way older than 15 years old. Then again I might be biased because I'm still in awe of how stupidly good sumail is.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ramagamma posted:

Arteezy is the closet thing to cool that any pro e-sports gamer has ever been

I guess if you're under 25 and like Eminem, sure. For everyone else, there's Puppey.

From that morning when he was casually sipping on a cappucino cup and saucer while the Alliance guys had huge Monster cans, to flirting with Kaci through TI3 without somehow coming off as desperate, to having his photo for an interview taken slouched in a chair like Al Pacino in Scarface, to the time when he was reading C9's sponsors out because EE was having a socially awkward moment trying to remember them all, there's always something about Puppey that is just so loving cool that I wish I could be like that guy. Unfortunately, I am netiher extroverted nor a towering huge man.

I critique his play sometimes, particularly the lack of warding he and Kuro make for cores, as it's a product of the days when Navi were too drat strong and didn't actually need vision to win games. But as a personality or whatever, he is the coolest cat around.

Unfortunately, the glasses entrance poo poo was just TOO over the top, and karma came around in it's usual form (ROTK).

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 10, 2015

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like the part where the retarded streamer guy says that Sumail feeding in some pub means that he will 'cost my boy Peter the Aegis'.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Goetta posted:

I like the part where the retarded streamer guy says that Sumail feeding in some pub means that he will 'cost my boy Peter the Aegis'.

he's streaming right now and trying to backpedal, poorly. now he claims he said sumail was going to cost them the win unless charlie got sumail drugged up on adderal, which clearly everybody was taking, because broxy was expecting more emotion from the players, therefore they were on drugs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

<TIPME> #dota, the literal birth place of ld, cyborgmatt and pyrionflax and we never get any shout outs

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thats a great point Redeye, but before going on I'd like to give a shout out to an IRC channel

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

he's streaming right now and trying to backpedal, poorly. now he claims he said sumail was going to cost them the win unless charlie got sumail drugged up on adderal, which clearly everybody was taking, because broxy was expecting more emotion from the players, therefore they were on drugs.

Shown: a complete lack of emotion

The simple explanation here seems to be that broxy is an idiot

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Zoness posted:

Shown: a complete lack of emotion

The simple explanation here seems to be that broxy is an idiot

i can confirm that broxy is, in fact, an idiot.

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
Honestly valve should definately test for drugs cause why wouldn't you take them if you're competing for a zillion dollars.

why not test.

If I were in a TI team I would yell at my teammates to please take the loving adderall because that kind of money changes lives and apparently it's fine to take? Are there even any rules against it? I would be suprised if there was a team at the main event where none of the players took anything.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no keyboards were broken, drug use confirmed

almost all the players are druggies and valve employees had no problem doping up with the pros in the after party so why even bother enforcing it

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

klaphark posted:

Honestly valve should definately test for drugs cause why wouldn't you take them if you're competing for a zillion dollars.

Because it's a flash in the pan panic created by some CSGO player posting on Reddit.

Nobody's doing more or less drugs than they were two years ago.

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

Because it's a flash in the pan panic created by some CSGO player posting on Reddit.

They were probably using drugs 2 years ago as well I agree.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

A flash in the pan that goes back over a decade. I don't think it affects dota as much as other games but to call drug abuse in esports a flash in the pan is hilariously wrong.

You probably got the second line accidentally right.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

I guess if you're under 25 and like Eminem, sure. For everyone else, there's Puppey.

From that morning when he was casually sipping on a cappucino cup and saucer while the Alliance guys had huge Monster cans, to flirting with Kaci through TI3 without somehow coming off as desperate, to having his photo for an interview taken slouched in a chair like Al Pacino in Scarface, to the time when he was reading C9's sponsors out because EE was having a socially awkward moment trying to remember them all, there's always something about Puppey that is just so loving cool that I wish I could be like that guy. Unfortunately, I am netiher extroverted nor a towering huge man.

I critique his play sometimes, particularly the lack of warding he and Kuro make for cores, as it's a product of the days when Navi were too drat strong and didn't actually need vision to win games. But as a personality or whatever, he is the coolest cat around.

Unfortunately, the glasses entrance poo poo was just TOO over the top, and karma came around in it's usual form (ROTK).

Creepiest post of any DOTA thread right here folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The esports should embrace our chemically enhanced world. They can lead us into the cyberpunk future.

• Locked thread