Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

What got improved in ds2 with the expansion

the placement of everything was redesigned for a far more pleasant experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Amy's vortex hands can fuk off in defiled

I'm always just a little too close when she does her super long arm slam

Also rip dude who is fighting chikage hunter and social media simultaneously

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bobnumerotres posted:

the placement of everything was redesigned for a far more pleasant experience

Hummery

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Human Grand Prix posted:

I found it strange that the Lecture hall seemed to be in excellent condition when compared to the dilapidated shithole that is the rest of Yharnam.

exactly. WHY

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
in what dimension does the lecture hall exist. where is it spatially. what happened to turn the students into goo men

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

you could trick ceaseless into killing himself by luring him towards the fog gate, he would lunge and try to crush you with his fist and if he missed you he would just fall to his death

the problem is that his fist had the hitbox of the entire game and instakills so you had to time a roll or get lucky, and this trick only works the first time you fight him so if you gently caress up and get killed then you better go buy a bigass fire resistant shield and be ready to just tank him for 5 minutes while taking potshots at his tentacle things

i think you might be missrembering that a bit wrong. there are two ways to trigger the fight. you either grab the stuff off the corpse at the end of the arena or by hitting him direclty.

after that just spring back to the foggate. mr spider son takes some time, then swings his fist at you, completely misses and gets it stuck on some stuff. then you need to hit it 5 times and he falls into the lava and dies. the hitbox is actually pretty small, and nothing can happen if you press against the fog

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's loving cool when you throw open the double doors and there's a surprise black hole behind it and your char has 0 hesitation of calmly walking into it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Amy fight awesome cause you just stand still when she jumps and get free hits on the head and then dodge toward her combos and gently caress her up.

What a great fight

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You know what fight sucked

Giant dude in ds 2

The one that also rips his arm off

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
maybe they were goo men already and were hoping to have a better life for themselves by becoming educated

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

release the souls boss tier list

it better have tower knight from demons up high, that dude ruled, "yeah i'm 10x your size, welcome to demons souls bitch"

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Giant dude in ds 2

he was pretty...uninspired

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

it better have tower knight from demons up high, that dude ruled, "yeah i'm 10x your size, welcome to demons souls bitch"

I wish he was the first boss

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The real boss of demons souls were those lava monsters in some cave you could easily fall into

Demons souls is very hazy because I sucked too much and was just amazed you could dual wield shields

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent way too long farming the shield knight guys in the crypt in DS2 so i could make a gimmick invader character that pretended to be a third one of those.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Jesus running scythe R2 is the same attack as L2 but uses like 40% less stamina

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Giant dude in ds 2

doesn't ceaseless discharge do that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the first time i fought tower knight i just ran there straight from 1-1 with a ton of souls on me like an idiot and i didnt expect another boss so soon

the big cutscene plays with the huge knight and like a million archers training their crossbows on me and im thinking "woah wtf is something going to save me" and then boss music just starts playing and i got loving owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

the first time i fought tower knight i just ran there straight from 1-1 with a ton of souls on me like an idiot and i didnt expect another boss so soon

the big cutscene plays with the huge knight and like a million archers training their crossbows on me and im thinking "woah wtf is something going to save me" and then boss music just starts playing and i got loving owned

Demons souls changed my life

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Friendly Tumour posted:

I was thinking old giant I think. It was like the first boss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

demon souls still has the best bosses cause they were all really unique fights

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Phalanx

Killed amy in defiled, now to kill my self in these last two level 5 dungeons to get the roots so I can get a blood rock

Jesus Christ, would've been easier just to do ng cycles

The coolest set in the chalice dungeons are the loran areas with electricity in the air (it helps because it isn't pitch black like some areas too) and the huge canyon with the creaky bridges. That's awesome

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

maybe they were goo men already and were hoping to have a better life for themselves by becoming educated

Historically Gooey Colleges/Universities

HGCU

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

they had to patch the dragonbutts to do nothing unless you physically touched them (before they all ganged up on you and it was loving horrible lol) and i mean really its just a big empty wasteland and you hear the lava BROARBROARBROARBROARBROAR and its boring but not terrible

bed of chaos is one of the worst video game bosses in any game, ever though and so is Ceaseless

in 1.0 or whatever while they could gang up on you and all iron flesh was still not nerfed (it used to give a huge defense buff on top of the extra poise), and when they attacked they would damage each other. so you popped iron flesh and chugged estus for awhile and they all killed each other and then didnt respawn

all of the demon ruins/izalith bosses are terrible or boring though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
an aztec temple in a huge field of lava is a cool idea, but yeah, it's clearly unfinished

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

you can parry the heal animation. its tricky but cool.

awesome

e: wow somehow I was on an old page, but that's awesome

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to miss parrying from a distance SO MUCH

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Friendly Tumour posted:

he does but only when you steal his poo poo iirc

Dec 26, 2012

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I'm going to miss parrying from a distance SO MUCH

probably just gonna go back to not parrying much at all. it never seeemed worth the trouble for normal enemies and most of the enemies i would have wanted to parry besides gwyn couldnt be

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't believe I suffered through the izs chalice to discover its root is loving trash tier

Back to werewolf loran hellhole

Another abhorrent beast, hmmm yes.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cursed iz owns because the alien mobs drop gems like candy and they spawn in hordes

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

the lecture hall is inside the nightmare.. it's not real life

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

the lecture hall is inside the nightmare.. it's not real life

aaaaaaa

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
bloodborne's story is so good. everything is super surreal.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Summoned help for lower loran and the guy that helped me with darkbeast used like 7 call beyonds and is my hero

Immediately got two blood rocks and uncanny scythe and blades of mercy. Feels good man

Saved ANOTHER npc in the cathedral ward. Also still discovering small areas in ng+. I have 100 hours. Game rules.

Also talking to Ariana and adella stands up to eavesdrop is loving creepy

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 11, 2015

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

i still don't think many souls bosses will top artorias, though - something about the combination of his creepy roaring / the sickly light / the music / circling each other in the amphitheatre still gives me chills to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol