Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah that was it. Thanks for linking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've been getting into humorous group VLPs recently, having just finished Four Swords Adventures. That LP was amazing just due to the sheer hilarious bullshit and dickery between all the different players. Geop's Wind Waker and Faerie Fortune's OoT runs (plus its associated Chaos Mode and Super Wrong runs) are also great and have awesome group dynamics, and watching a blind player being directed by a non-blind player trying to avoid spoilers is seriously funny poo poo. (I don't have the patience to watch all of Geop's Dark Souls LP, though.)

The LPs like those that I've found include Dead Space 3, which was pretty great, and I just found Disaster - Day of Crisis on the archive, which looks promising. Any others like these I should know about?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
The Mario Party LP, for similar fun as FSA.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
New Super Mario Bros Wii by the Freelance Astronauts is the highpoint of inter-group dickery

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rarity posted:

New Super Mario Bros Wii by the Freelance Astronauts is the highpoint of inter-group dickery

Uhhh all the videos have been taken down. :stonk:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Maxwell uploaded everything to YouTube: http://www.freelanceastronauts.com/games.php?id=52

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Pollyanna posted:

I've been getting into humorous group VLPs recently, having just finished Four Swords Adventures. That LP was amazing just due to the sheer hilarious bullshit and dickery between all the different players. Geop's Wind Waker and Faerie Fortune's OoT runs (plus its associated Chaos Mode and Super Wrong runs) are also great and have awesome group dynamics, and watching a blind player being directed by a non-blind player trying to avoid spoilers is seriously funny poo poo. (I don't have the patience to watch all of Geop's Dark Souls LP, though.)

The LPs like those that I've found include Dead Space 3, which was pretty great, and I just found Disaster - Day of Crisis on the archive, which looks promising. Any others like these I should know about?

I would recommend MenDrinkin'Coffee. Ride to Hell: Retribution doesn't have coop dickery but it's an amazing(ly bad) game and the MDC have so much fun with it. They also did MindJack, which does have coop and even dark souls-like PVP invasions at times.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Danaru's LP of every drat Metal Gear Solid game is also a good one that is really fun to watch and listen to, he and his co-commentator Grace have a great dynamic and its one of those things where you can tell how close they are by how they interact which is very :3: all around really.

Also Dan gets drunk a lot and says/does silly things, so there's that too!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dr Pepper posted:

they are on internet archive as well, check the red banner on the lparchive page

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Blind Sally posted:

they are on internet archive as well, check the red banner on the lparchive page

Nonononono, you need to do this the right way!

Dr Pepper posted:

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Dr Pepper posted:

how many more have to die?

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...

Mico posted:

how many more have to die?

To be fair there is nothing inside that building!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

ally_1986 posted:

To be fair there is nothing inside that building!
The distant memories of a once great past that in the present day is nothing more than a bankrupt shell. Lots of parallels going on between Greece and LP'dom.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Niggurath posted:

Lots of parallels going on between Greece and LP'dom.

You're right, both were ruined by Germans.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I also set cheese on fire and scream at people when drunk and watching lps

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
LPers have always been greasy.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Some historians just found this script from Shakespeare's secret stash

Shakespeare in SlowCaesar posted:

DECIUS BEETUS
Great Caesar,--

CAESAR
Doth not beetus bootless kneel?

CASCA
Speak, hands for me!

CASCA first, then the other Conspirators and BEETUS stab CAESAR

CAESAR
Et tu, Beetus? - Then fall, Caesar.
Dies

CINNA
Liberty! Freedom! Let's Play is dead!
Run hence, proclaim, cry it about the streets.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

Some historians just found this script from Shakespeare's secret stash

Was that stored with the weed pipes?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I would like to recommend Taoc's Goosebumps Megathread that has started to pick up steam. It's pretty funny, both from the commentators' banter and from just being able to enjoy a really silly game.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pollyanna posted:

I've been meaning to recommend this one for a while, but now seems as good a time as any:

Super Smash Bros Wii U with Putty and friends.

You don't see a lot of fighting game LPs, and this one is pretty unique. Half of the LP is Putty going through the entire roster, showcasing the characters moves and strategies with them, before going online to kick rear end one-on-one against random internet people. Putty is pretty decent at Smash Wii U, so most of the time he's able to kick butt. Even when he loses to Smash Wii U Champions, he's able to keep the matches tense and entertaining. These are especially funny because Putty always has a revolving set of guests on the LP to trash talk him. Some of them know Smash and are able to offer insightful commentary while Putty gets his butt kicked in a live stream, while others have never played Smash and tease him mercilessly.

The other half of the LP are people from the subforum taking on Putty in 1v1 matches, which is great, because Putty is open to any and all challengers and the bullshit and dickery between commentators gets even more intense.

So far he's showcased Kirby, Ryu, Mega Man, Shulk, and Rosalina & Luma. Each following character is chosen by forum votes, so if you want to see Putty get beat down as Sonic, you should cast a vote!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I appear as a guest in one episode, so I can't formally recommend this, but as being an observer of this LP for the other 99% of the time, I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment.

If this is somehow violating the rules, let me know and I'll edit this out with another suggestion.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Rarity posted:

I started watching and laughed at many points, but the continual and persistent burping just put me off in the end during the initial first few episodes. I get that it's about friends getting together, getting drunk and just having fun and sharing their experiences. But continual burping\hiccuping left in the audio is pretty off putting,

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I hugely enjoyed Squint's Demons' Souls LP a few years back. Did anyone every do a Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2 LP in the same fashion, that is, highly skilled play and super chill commentary? Not a blind run or gimmick run. Did Squint ever do any more?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

dantheman650 posted:

I hugely enjoyed Squint's Demons' Souls LP a few years back. Did anyone every do a Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2 LP in the same fashion, that is, highly skilled play and super chill commentary? Not a blind run or gimmick run. Did Squint ever do any more?
I quite enjoyed DazzlingAddar's informative LP of Dark Souls 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrtVa1sidm0 or you could give Iggy's LP of DS 2 a try as well: http://lparchive.org/Dark-Souls-II/. Both were chill and informative, and covered pretty much everything in the game.

And Zain's LP of DS 1 is especially informative: http://lparchive.org/Dark-Souls-Prepare-to-Die-Edition/. Sadly I haven't seen squint around for quite some time.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Niggurath posted:

I quite enjoyed DazzlingAddar's informative LP of Dark Souls 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrtVa1sidm0

The thread for that is still going and nearing its end. Though it's on a temporary hiatus right now.

Dazz' LP is more similar to Squint's in that she plays through the game with one character and tries to show off as many things as possible that way, while mine has the "gimmick" that it splices in footage from NG++ to show the differences.
I haven't watched her entire LP, but as far as I've seen the content is basically the same. So whether or not you prefer one over the other probably just depends on which commentary style you like better and maybe the sounds of our voices.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
what's the best video lp of Mother 3?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm up to 6 in the big ol' Mario Party LP, and I gotta say, the only good part of the LP is the videos themselves. Which is typically the case, but the thread is especially awful compared to the FSA thread. Half the posts are either annoying cheerleading and creepy goonery, or ungrateful snippiness on the part of Kaz and pokecapn due to the former, and it just makes everyone look bad.

It might be because I stayed up till 6AM watching turns 45-50, but it's put a bad taste in my mouth and I don't like anything involved, not even the LPers. I actually had to just plain skip to the end of MP5 because it got boring as hell. Let's hope 6 will be better (it won't).

IMO, if you have to choose between Mario Party and Four Swords Adventures, watch the latter.

Blind Sally posted:

I've been meaning to recommend this one for a while, but now seems as good a time as any:

Super Smash Bros Wii U with Putty and friends.

You don't see a lot of fighting game LPs, and this one is pretty unique. Half of the LP is Putty going through the entire roster, showcasing the characters moves and strategies with them, before going online to kick rear end one-on-one against random internet people. Putty is pretty decent at Smash Wii U, so most of the time he's able to kick butt. Even when he loses to Smash Wii U Champions, he's able to keep the matches tense and entertaining. These are especially funny because Putty always has a revolving set of guests on the LP to trash talk him. Some of them know Smash and are able to offer insightful commentary while Putty gets his butt kicked in a live stream, while others have never played Smash and tease him mercilessly.

The other half of the LP are people from the subforum taking on Putty in 1v1 matches, which is great, because Putty is open to any and all challengers and the bullshit and dickery between commentators gets even more intense.

So far he's showcased Kirby, Ryu, Mega Man, Shulk, and Rosalina & Luma. Each following character is chosen by forum votes, so if you want to see Putty get beat down as Sonic, you should cast a vote!

I thought Putty was a joke LPer? At least, I remember nobody taking him seriously and there being some sort of LP goon drama around him. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
No, that was me.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

I'm up to 6 in the big ol' Mario Party LP, and I gotta say, the only good part of the LP is the videos themselves. Which is typically the case, but the thread is especially awful compared to the FSA thread. Half the posts are either annoying cheerleading and creepy goonery, or ungrateful snippiness on the part of Kaz and pokecapn due to the former, and it just makes everyone look bad.

It might be because I stayed up till 6AM watching turns 45-50, but it's put a bad taste in my mouth and I don't like anything involved, not even the LPers. I actually had to just plain skip to the end of MP5 because it got boring as hell. Let's hope 6 will be better (it won't).

IMO, if you have to choose between Mario Party and Four Swords Adventures, watch the latter.

I thought Putty was a joke LPer? At least, I remember nobody taking him seriously and there being some sort of LP goon drama around him. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Putty is a former-GBS-superstar-turned-LP-superstar. Also, finish your program.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

an lp thread, bad? you don't say

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pollyanna posted:

Stand down, cyberbully.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pollyanna posted:

I thought Putty was a joke LPer?

Your mileage may vary, I guess :shrug:

Putty's LPs are hilarious. It's your loss if you wanna write'em off without giving them a look.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

Putty's LPs are extremely legit.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That wasn't meant out of malice, I genuinely thought I was missing something since I've never seen his LPs, just other people talking about them in GBS. I'll check his stuff out.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Are there any good video LPs of The Last Express? I'm super interested in that game, but I know I'll never have the patience to actually, like, play it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Rincewind posted:

Are there any good video LPs of The Last Express? I'm super interested in that game, but I know I'll never have the patience to actually, like, play it.

Yes.

http://lparchive.org/The-Last-Express/

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Oh my gosh, this looks exactly like what I was imagining when I hoped there was a Last Express LP. Thanks!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I'm gonna recommend Infinitum's ongoing King of Dragon Pass LP.

It's got goon voting, hilarious photoshops, and a guy that has pulled off 7 heroquests in a row, while questing every year. Two of those are back to back CowLarps in the same year.

So drop in and watch the clan starve while we improbably win at questing!

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

ShootaBoy posted:

I'm gonna recommend Infinitum's ongoing King of Dragon Pass LP.

It's got goon voting, hilarious photoshops, and a guy that has pulled off 7 heroquests in a row, while questing every year. Two of those are back to back CowLarps in the same year.

So drop in and watch the clan starve while we improbably win at questing!

Holy poo poo how did I miss another King of Dragon Pass LP thread. I absolutely loved the previous ones here on the subforum and in the archives, gonna spend tomorrow catching up with this one. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Do you like weird obscure action games? What about ones made from Treasure?

You should check out frozentreasure's Mischief Makers LP:

The LP itself is really good, since he knows the game inside out, it's a really bizarre game, and he brings on a bunch of great guests like SkippyGranola and dscruffy1. But the LP goes that extra mile when he gets all the "S" ranks for each level and breaks world records. It's amazing.

It's also finished now, so make sure you check it out!