Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
What is the point of this Hammerknell adventure bullshit? Is this like the Molten Core clusterfuck event that WoW did last year? This is a glorious mess of death and angry people.

Givin fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

I'm guessing there's not many goons still playing this but I picked it up again to dick around in. Is there still a guild? I get the message that it transferred to an unknown shard when I log in.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Infusion Edition of Nightmare Tide (the one with the level 60 character boost) is $25 until tonight.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

LtSmash posted:

I'm guessing there's not many goons still playing this but I picked it up again to dick around in. Is there still a guild? I get the message that it transferred to an unknown shard when I log in.

There should still be a guild. Goon Squad on Deepwood.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nothing better to do for a while, in as Unsubos on Deepwood, Defiant

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 29, 2015

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Does anyone have a link to a good guide for the Hammerknell IA bosses? Some of their abilities are obvious (run around when dude points the laser, waves on akylios, running around the circles for the bird) but sometimes it feels like I am just dying and can't see why.

Also why don't people actually do the mechanics? "Kill this orb to take away power from the harpy!" We could have had those orbs dead in seconds if more than a single person had attacked them!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Also why don't people actually do the mechanics? "Kill this orb to take away power from the harpy!" We could have had those orbs dead in seconds if more than a single person had attacked them!

glad to see that no matter what trion does the game stays the same :laffo:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

IA's are still busted, too. Some guy left his multiboxing character afk in a badly merged IA group and I haven't been able to IA for two days because of it. :argh:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Also why don't people actually do the mechanics?
Because you aren't spamming capital letter messages in /rw enough.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Since the infusion edition is 25$ on steam, I've been thinking getting it to mess around since I quite enjoyed Rift in the early storm legion days. I haven't played a whole lot since F2P got put in, how's the new expansion overall?

Edit: Excellent, I'm probably not even gonna bother with the endgame stuff anyway, good to hear!

Bonby fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 4, 2015

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Since the infusion edition is 25$ on steam, I've been thinking getting it to mess around since I quite enjoyed Rift in the early storm legion days. I haven't played a whole lot since F2P got put in, how's the new expansion overall?

Very long and slow rep/gear grinds. But if you're an achievement whore and enjoy exploring, dimensions, and generally not giving a f*ck about endgame, it's still pretty fun.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I reinstalled this earlier today to check out the wardrobe system changes. It's pretty rad, I can't really think of a better way they could have done 'collect options for Pretty Princess Dress-Up'; you don't even have to equip stuff to collect it, it happens as soon as it hits your inventory, so you can sell sell/auction all the bind-on-equip gear.

I made a Bahmi (because leap is the best passive) Warrior (because Warrior is best for dress-up) and holy gently caress whatever they did to Reaver is crazy. It's a ranged AoE DoT cleave monster paired with Warlord heals. :black101:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So how is the population for this goonwise anyways?

I played it at release and actually remember enjoying the dungeons/raiding aspect of it, but ended up on a server where they only other people interested in raiding were huge sperglords. Kind of tempted to pick it back up and see what I've missed.

Then again, I remember around when I left Trion was making a big deal about putting the finishing touches on Hammerknell, and now as I come back they are making a big deal about Hammerknell. I can't imagine it took them 2-3 years just to make a single raid, other stuff had to get added in at some point, right? I remember they wanted to make raids or whatever for each of the dragons, with Nightmare in first, then the greenguy in the really annoying mazezone, then the blue guy in the Dwarf area, and then ????. Has that panned out anywhere?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Rookersh posted:

I played it at release and actually remember enjoying the dungeons/raiding aspect of it, but ended up on a server where they only other people interested in raiding were huge sperglords. Kind of tempted to pick it back up and see what I've missed.

Then again, I remember around when I left Trion was making a big deal about putting the finishing touches on Hammerknell, and now as I come back they are making a big deal about Hammerknell. I can't imagine it took them 2-3 years just to make a single raid, other stuff had to get added in at some point, right? I remember they wanted to make raids or whatever for each of the dragons, with Nightmare in first, then the greenguy in the really annoying mazezone, then the blue guy in the Dwarf area, and then ????. Has that panned out anywhere?

There pretty much is no population for this goonwise.

They have raids / chronicles that lead to the death of all the rest of the dragons. The reason they are going on about Hammerknell again is because they're using it as a testbed for a pseudo-LFR thing where you do the raid as a series of IA's with less crazy mechanics.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Rookersh posted:

You were gone long enough for Trion to put out Hammerknell, then a couple expansions, then recycle Hammerknell.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

They did all the dragons and now are making us do a recycled version of Hammerknell (all my old HK achievements got pushed to the Feats of Strength tab and got replaced by the exact same achievements for the "new" version)

Greenscale (Life) - Greenscales Blight, Level 50 Tier 1 raid
Akylios (Water) - Hammerknell, Level 50 Tier 2 raid
Laethys (Earth) - Infernal Dawn, Level 50 Tier 3 raid
Maelforge (Fire) - Infernal Dawn, Level 50 Tier 3 raid
Crucia (Air) - Frozen Tempest, Level 60 Tier 1 raid
Regulos (Death) - Endless Eclipse, Level 60 Tier 1 raid

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Rookersh posted:

this game, as with everything touched by TRION in the last few years, is literal garbage and just spinning its wheels to keep that whale money coming in. also dead

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

They did all the dragons and now are making us do a recycled version of Hammerknell (all my old HK achievements got pushed to the Feats of Strength tab and got replaced by the exact same achievements for the "new" version)

Greenscale (Life) - Greenscales Blight, Level 50 Tier 1 raid
Akylios (Water) - Hammerknell, Level 50 Tier 2 raid
Laethys (Earth) - Infernal Dawn, Level 50 Tier 3 raid
Maelforge (Fire) - Infernal Dawn, Level 50 Tier 3 raid
Crucia (Air) - Frozen Tempest, Level 60 Tier 1 raid
Regulos (Death) - Endless Eclipse, Level 60 Tier 1 raid

This is only okay if they have crucia be bugged for a month or two in the new version.

Oh wait I hear crucia was bugged but it was "okay" :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This game is functionally dead for goons but I'm kind of bored, haven't played in basically forever and want to leech off our guild perks like bonus token, etc.

I've already got my Ye Olde characters in Goon Squad on Deepwood but since they're all HODOR I can't invite my new alt "Vilewight". If anyone who still plays could toss that character an invite I'd appreciate it because I'd rather hang out in a nearly dead guild than a pubbie one.

Got the invite - cheers.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 28, 2015

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Hey so if I want something free to kill time and play with cool magitech people, is this game worth getting back into?

I played it very briefly at launch when my former WoW Guild rolled characters, but that lasted all of 3 weeks.

I no longer play WoW, but I've got a bit of that old MMO itch and the lack of sub fees is appealing.

Basically, is the leveling content compelling/interesting enough to spend time on?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

rift is loving garbage, go play ff14

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

KaneTW posted:

rift is loving garbage, go play ff14

FF14 still costs money, right?

I'm curious as to how goddamn bad this game must be to make people so angry despite being free.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

yes.

i'm really really bitter about everything related to rift after/during tier 3 storm legion

they just did bad decision after bad decision and killed whatever remained of rift's raiding scene in one fell swoop.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Annath posted:

FF14 still costs money, right?

I'm curious as to how goddamn bad this game must be to make people so angry despite being free.

I was in the best guild in the game at the time before I quit. We tested their content for them.

They didn't fix half the problems we found before launch and then launched with 3 more bugs on top of somehow releasing the boss with like 60% of the hp it was supposed to have.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Annath posted:

Hey so if I want something free to kill time and play with cool magitech people, is this game worth getting back into?

I played it very briefly at launch when my former WoW Guild rolled characters, but that lasted all of 3 weeks.

I no longer play WoW, but I've got a bit of that old MMO itch and the lack of sub fees is appealing.

Basically, is the leveling content compelling/interesting enough to spend time on?

Leveling is boring. If you are interested in making numbers go up you can play a minigame that is literally making numbers go up (haha aren't we so clever???).

Endgame used to be interesting but then Trion made a bunch of weird/bad decisions and welp.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Leveling is boring. If you are interested in making numbers go up you can play a minigame that is literally making numbers go up (haha aren't we so clever???).

Endgame used to be interesting but then Trion made a bunch of weird/bad decisions and welp.

Hey don't insult clicker heroes that game is amazing.

When is trion making a card game out of their IP though? I want to play Telara Heroes w/ my Akylios deck and can't wait to lose to Architect Tribal

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 26, 2015

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Rant

So I haven't played Rift in several months now. On July the 10th, a 15-Day Patron Code was added to my account. On July the 16th, a payment for a 1-month sub was taken from my saved PayPal account on Glyph. I went ahead and deleted all my payment information and saved locations. I also changed the password on the email associated with the account as well as changing the account password.

I emailed Trion support saying that I did not authorize these transactions. They apparently know something I don't because they only chumped it up to refunding my money as a courtesy. Not something like someone accessed my account without my permission.

lags
Jan 3, 2004

Made a warrior "Steamwhistle" - I'm in the channel - please send help!

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:

KaneTW posted:

yes.

i'm really really bitter about everything related to rift after/during tier 3 storm legion

they just did bad decision after bad decision and killed whatever remained of rift's raiding scene in one fell swoop.

I was considering playing this game again but there's only been 28 forum posts in a long rear end time so now I'm wondering what it was that they messed up so badly?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Cuatal posted:

I was considering playing this game again but there's only been 28 forum posts in a long rear end time so now I'm wondering what it was that they messed up so badly?

they recycled an entire raid tier from vanilla for their second expansion

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Cuatal posted:

I got an e-mail from Trion today announcing a new calling. According to the announcement my best option for pre-purchasing the new class is with a $99 bundle. :shepspends:

Just in case you were wondering what you get in this incredible pack:

quote:

New Primal War Beast Mount
Primalist’s Ovog Ceremonial Garb
Cloak of the Great Wheel
Primalist Portrait Frame
30 Days of Patron Status

NEW Primalist Calling with 6 New Souls
Titan
Vulcanist
Typhoon
Berserker
Dervish
Preserver
+1 Character Slot
Khar Warfront Announcer
Zendi Pet & Minion Card
Ascended Primal Trinket – Scales with Your Level

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I liked this game for a short while back in closed beta and a month or two following the release. Seeing that it's free to play now, is it worth the time to dick around or not really?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

which one rofl

the only good things they added in an expansion were defilers and harbingers imo.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 10, 2015

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

which one rofl

the only good things they added in an expansion were defilers and harbingers imo.

Hammerknell and Gilded Prophecy are the current tier's raids. At least they didn't do DH again? :shrug:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Rianeva posted:

Hammerknell and Gilded Prophecy are the current tier's raids. At least they didn't do DH again? :shrug:

lol they recycled GP too?

Any more Twyll/Atrophineus appearances?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

that's what people really want a third dh :v:

I don't think I ever got the entrance right after they put the second one in.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so is primalist gonna be something you have to buy? I was way big into this game from launch through T3 storm legion but I haven't even touched NIghtmare Tide. Is the rogue soul worth paying money for? I'd be okay dropping the 20 bucks or whatever on the pack that gives me the expansion poo poo i need if thats worth it

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
lol its gonna cost like 35 bucks for the class

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Posting for goon guild

Character: Sevarend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Machai posted:

what kind of mmo does that :ironicat:

I started playing this game again because it has one of my favorite class/build systems of all time but if there's nobody to play with and nothing to do then I may rethink that. Anyway I'm Dross on Deepwood so if someone could toss me a ginvite that'd be cool.

• Locked thread