Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You could probably pricematch at Walmart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've heard code of princess had lots of framerate issues but I also heard that they patched the game to not have as many framerate issues. Is that true, because I can't seem to find anything online about the game ever being patched, and the reviews I've read fall on 2 extremes of "the game is really bad because of framerate" and "the game is fun and good and well made and is kinda repetitive" without any mention of the framerate issues

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I've heard code of princess had lots of framerate issues but I also heard that they patched the game to not have as many framerate issues. Is that true, because I can't seem to find anything online about the game ever being patched, and the reviews I've read fall on 2 extremes of "the game is really bad because of framerate" and "the game is fun and good and well made and is kinda repetitive" without any mention of the framerate issues

There is no patch and I played a few levels, but the only time I noticed the framerate issues is when you use Lady Zozo homing attacks on a screen full of enemies.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Does anybody know where I can get a replacement for the thing you insert into the DS Lite's GBA port to cover it up?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

boom boom boom posted:

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement for the thing you insert into the DS Lite's GBA port to cover it up?

Ebay? Here's one seller, even got a bunch of different colors.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Two questions:

1. Aside from portability is there any reason I should go out of my way to try to get Tales of the Abyss 3D or is it exactly the same as if I just got a copy and played it on PS2?
2. Is Dragon Quest 7 and 8 coming out in English still a rumor/hearsay or has there been anything definitive about those?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Getsuya posted:

Two questions:

1. Aside from portability is there any reason I should go out of my way to try to get Tales of the Abyss 3D or is it exactly the same as if I just got a copy and played it on PS2?
2. Is Dragon Quest 7 and 8 coming out in English still a rumor/hearsay or has there been anything definitive about those?

1. Load times are waaay better on the 3DS, though the lack of a 2nd joystick can be annoying since you can map additional artes to the right stick on PS2, but on the 3DS that is done on the touch screen. It's a good port overall though.

2. Nothing official, though those rumors sound solid.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Getsuya posted:

It loads much faster, but that's about it. It's the same game otherwise.

Getsuya posted:

It's not even a rumor anymore. It's a "nothing" because there's nothing to show.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Saoshyant posted:

Ebay? Here's one seller, even got a bunch of different colors.

Jeez, to get the right color I'd have to buy it from overseas. I might just keep a GBA game in there forever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has there even been an announcement of a 2nd "new" 3ds only title?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
There's that game where you play a pile of chicken nugget goo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Binding of Isaac is new only (and is even worse than BoI usually is).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

Binding of Isaac Rebirth is New 3DS only.

E: f, b

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can play that on anything else though so its not gonna move many systems

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ah, didn't know about BoI. Any real games, though?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I kinda feel like I got my moneys worth from the New 3DS with the amount of time I spent on Monster Hunter 4

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rune Factory 4 is a weird game. Fun but weird

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah, didn't know about BoI. Any real games, though?

Yes, Binding of Isaac. (What exactly do you mean by "real games"?)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

I feel like you know exactly what he means.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

I feel like you know exactly what he means.

The only thing I can come up with is "retail releases" vs "eShop-only"...but "real" is a really weird way to express that. Either that, or its a comment on Binding of Isaac itself. Which, regardless of what you think about the theme, has amazingly solid gameplay.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd assume he means retail releases because the other thing is dumb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd assume he means retail releases because the other thing is dumb

so is the first thing though so who knows

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dumber then

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

jivjov posted:

The only thing I can come up with is "retail releases" vs "eShop-only"...but "real" is a really weird way to express that. Either that, or its a comment on Binding of Isaac itself. Which, regardless of what you think about the theme, has amazingly solid gameplay.

You were better with an animated avatar

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jivjov posted:

Real 3ds games as opposed to ports.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Are you telling me Monster Hunter 4 isn't a real 3DS game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think there are any non port N3DS games

also the word you were looking for is 'exclusive'

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Looper posted:

You were better with an animated avatar

Yeah...after my last red-text, I rebought my avatar from my phone...and even if a gif is animated, uploading it to SA from iOS strips the animation for some reason.

Waltzing Along posted:

Real 3ds games as opposed to ports.

Then no; there have been zero non-port New 3DS exclusive titles thus far, with none announced.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There probably aren't going to be any original n3DS-exclusive games, because that would be dumb.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ill be happy with more of these "better on new 3ds" games because none of them have made me really feel the need to update but in a year or two when my xl breaks it will be nice to play mh4u with better textures

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Abu Dave posted:

Rune Factory 4 is a weird game. Fun but weird

It's my favorite game on the system

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Linnaeus posted:

It's my favorite game on the system

I just wish it wasn't anime but thats my own personal preference. It's clever and fun tho and I like how it isn't on some bullshit irl schedule like animal crossing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I would prefer if Rune Factory 4 would make the girls you could date less creepy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

FirstAidKite posted:

It's pretty bad regardless and I regret ever buying it. There are better beat-em-ups.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't really imagine how Rune Factory would not be anime. Like I can't really imagine the concept of a lighthearted farming sim/RPG that isn't going to look either like anime or like a brightly color kid's cartoon that is probably indistinguishable from an anime.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I would prefer if Rune Factory 4 would make the girls you could date less creepy.

I mean maybe this but that's about it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I can't really imagine how Rune Factory would not be anime. Like I can't really imagine the concept of a lighthearted farming sim/RPG that isn't going to look either like anime or like a brightly color kid's cartoon that is probably indistinguishable from an anime.

On the goon-anime-scale I'm pretty sure that mainline Harvest Moon isn't anime.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

donno how any of the girls except amber are creepy though, and I can just ignore her like I ignored Collete in 3

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah iunno the girls in RF4 are like 5 adults with jobs and then amber

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly the whole dating stuff is p creepy on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Abu Dave posted:

honestly the whole dating stuff is p creepy on its own.

:confused: