Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Most Japanese people think anime is dumb and terrible.

Congrats, you read an article. That doesn't change that SAO is wildly popular to the conglomerate of otaku and teenagers who eat this poo poo up over there and it's advertised on billboards and screens in public places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
They sell anime like that over here for like $50 per DVD because they know only a relatively small number of enthusiasts have any interest in it at all.

edit: and is shown on TV around midnight, surely that gives you a hint that it's's not for very many people?

I mean, I also went through a phase where I thought everyone here just watched anime/played anime games all the time, but now I know it's just a very very few things that aren't nerd only.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 11, 2015

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Baal posted:

Congrats, you read an article. That doesn't change that SAO is wildly popular to the conglomerate of otaku and teenagers who eat this poo poo up over there and it's advertised on billboards and screens in public places.

Whatever, Kim Kardashian is all over billboards in this country, so who the gently caress are we to talk

EDIT: Sarah Palin had her own talk show

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Just because you don't something doesn't mean it isn't popular

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Anime isn't terribly popular tho, it is the equivalent of comic books

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wanna social link all the SAO ladies, kim k AND sarah palin

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

holy poo poo I never knew this.

I think it got added at some point (with some DLC or maybe as late as Scholar of the First Sin) -- pretty sure it wasn't in at launch

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Bloodborne is so drat good. I've only made it to the Blood-Starved Beast, but goddamn it's so good! I really hope I can beat this game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

Bloodborne is so drat good. I've only made it to the Blood-Starved Beast, but goddamn it's so good! I really hope I can beat this game.

you can. there's always help a ring away.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I'm the weirdo that likes Dark Souls 2 more than Bloodborne, DS1, and Demon Souls 1. I've got more hours put into it than all those other From games combined. Something about it just clicked with me.

I only played the first DLC on PS3, but I'm waiting for Scholar to go on sale before I double dip on the PS4. But if you're jonesing for more Souls action after BB, it's your best (only?) bet on the PS4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Static Rook posted:

But if you're jonesing for more Souls action after BB, it's your best (only?) bet on the PS4.

theres the comedy option of lords of the fallen but dont buy that game unless you have no other option.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

They sell anime like that over here for like $50 per DVD because they know only a relatively small number of enthusiasts have any interest in it at all.

edit: and is shown on TV around midnight, surely that gives you a hint that it's's not for very many people?

I mean, I also went through a phase where I thought everyone here just watched anime/played anime games all the time, but now I know it's just a very very few things that aren't nerd only.

All anime that's not for little kids airs late at night, most people use the crazy new technology of recording it and watching later, and Japanese DVD pricing is a combination of dumb 'that's how it's always been done' and 'if it's expensive that means it's quality'.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lords of the Fallen is like that back alley crack addiction last resort for more Souls games.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Static Rook posted:

I only played the first DLC on PS3, but I'm waiting for Scholar to go on sale before I double dip on the PS4. But if you're jonesing for more Souls action after BB, it's your best (only?) bet on the PS4.

I was thinking about checking out DS2 after BB, but I might just end up going back to DS1 until DS3 comes out.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Is anyone still playing TLOU:remastered multiplayer and can help or want those trophies? Bc I don't have them nor understand them and it's bothering me.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/08/10/rainbow-six-siege-beta-code-giveaway/#/slide/1

rainbow six siege beta signup

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Thin Privilege posted:

Is anyone still playing TLOU:remastered multiplayer and can help or want those trophies? Bc I don't have them nor understand them and it's bothering me.

There's quite a few goons still playing. There's a thread for it, too, but I can't find it at the moment. Which trophies are confusing you?

EDIT

Here's the thread

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 11, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Thanks, wanted to give this a try so it couldn't hurt to get a code.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

I was thinking about checking out DS2 after BB, but I might just end up going back to DS1 until DS3 comes out.

its worth playing

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Anime isn't terribly popular tho, it is the equivalent of comic books

ironically comicbooks are way more popular than animation over there, and there are magazines for most demographics

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

Thanks, wanted to give this a try so it couldn't hurt to get a code.

it is really good timing too, late september means ill probably be finally looking for a small break from mgsv

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

All anime that's not for little kids airs late at night, most people use the crazy new technology of recording it and watching later, and Japanese DVD pricing is a combination of dumb 'that's how it's always been done' and 'if it's expensive that means it's quality'.
Maybe we're just going off different definitions of "popular". I have no doubt SAO is popular among the late night fantasy anime crowd, but I doubt it's POPULAR popular.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe we're just going off different definitions of "popular". I have no doubt SAO is popular among the late night fantasy anime crowd, but I doubt it's POPULAR popular.

People having trouble accepting something like isn't popular it's hardly new.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Thin Privilege posted:

arent all of them just play a lot and win?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

its worth playing

I might give it a shot. There's a few games coming out later this year that I definitely wanna check out including Persona 5 which is 100% def coming out in December.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

Yeah a bunch of us still play. What don't you understand about the trophies? I think they are all just for playing the maps/modes and there are 2 for finishing a twelve week period as each faction.

Been getting back into Batman (also my first Arkham game so I'm not weighing it against the other ones) since I finished TW3 and it's really awesome, but for some reason I can't pinpoint it's not fully sucking me in. I enjoy playing it for 30-45 minutes at a time but always lose interest after that. I don't even know why. It plays great and looks gorgeous.

Holy poo poo that photo mode tho. I have never seen a photo mode in a game that looks so good. My snapshots look more like high quality bullshots than actual screenshots and just spinning around the world and looking at all the little details and raindrops is awesome.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I completely beat Arkham Knight and have no desire to play it again, because it doesn't really do anything all that special. I feel after experiencing it, that there is no reason not to just play Arkham City. The gameplay barely feels a step up from Arkham city.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I already was signed up apparently, so here: 22FRFDNPUJEK

Go here to redeem it: http://www.rainbow6.com/beta

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nice. Does it say when the beta will be anywhere? Been wanting to try that game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Awesome, thanks for the heads up

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Whoever said that Vanishing of Ethan Carter theme was good wasn't lying. I hate the noises and I don't know why they made any icon bright orange, but the actual background is really neat. In the time it took me to watch a few episodes of Veep it went from bright and sunshiny to raining.

I guess that's not a very good endorsement but 99% of the themes out there are out and out trash.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Static Rook posted:

I'm the weirdo that likes Dark Souls 2 more than Bloodborne, DS1, and Demon Souls 1. I've got more hours put into it than all those other From games combined. Something about it just clicked with me.

i'm the weirdo that puts Bloodborne and Demon's Souls on top of the pile.

Dark Souls 2 is still a great game, it's just the lesser in a series of amazing games

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As long as we're talking about themes I'll also say the Journey one is solid. Nice pretty desertscape with really pretty, yet not overpowering, music and the little chirps that the characters make as sound effects.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
If I had to rank them myself it would go:
Demon's Souls
Bloodborne
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2

Dark Souls 2 is the only one I got a little bored and frustrated with though, they're all real good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dark Souls 2 is a really good game but it also seems like they half assed it a little bit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

EC posted:

Whoever said that Vanishing of Ethan Carter theme was good wasn't lying. I hate the noises and I don't know why they made any icon bright orange, but the actual background is really neat. In the time it took me to watch a few episodes of Veep it went from bright and sunshiny to raining.

I guess that's not a very good endorsement but 99% of the themes out there are out and out trash.

:lol: It's an Everybody's gone to the Rapture theme. I pre ordered that last night night, then played Vanishing and kept forgetting they weren't the same game too.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Pumped to stop playing my space shootman game to try the newest walking simulator in three minutes. I also switched to the Rapture theme after people in this thread talked about it and yeah, it's good.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm so torn on trying Rapture. It sounds great. Also I've never played a game like it so I have no idea if it would be a bad fit for me...

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

I'm so torn on trying Rapture. It sounds great. Also I've never played a game like it so I have no idea if it would be a bad fit for me...

Play Journey instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Feenix posted:

I've been watching someone play it for an hour. So far I'm still not into the story... the game has great visuals, soundtrack and the VA is not terrible. It is pretty much a walking simulator, you go from place to place getting bits and pieces of the story.

• Locked thread