Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Plom Bar posted:

I got 96%, and just missed "The Nature Of The Afterlife Is Probably Very Old Fashioned".

Also that quiz is hilarious.

Yeah, I missed that one, too. It sounded so Kanaya!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The Colours and Mayhem albums (Universe A and Universe B) are both pretty great. Someone also compiled a page that has all the composers with the tracks they made, and there's an even more exhaustive site that sorts out which songs reference/remix/sample each other. That one's colour coded. Also most of the composers have blogs or tumblrs or what have you so if you track them down they might have all sorts of neat things in production.
For straight up 'recommend me a song', check out Austin, Atlantis. Or Black Rose, Green Sun because you only hear the first half in the flash.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

oh my god, that's amazing

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah, I missed that one, too. It sounded so Kanaya!

It is Kanaya though? Are you sure that was the one you missed?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
96%. I missed an obvious one, " I Have A Good Reason To Believe Magic Is Real"

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

CidGregor posted:

It sounded so Kanaya I decided it couldn't possibly actually be Kanaya. Self-selected sorrow.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

maybe you got the gender question wrong

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CidGregor posted:

Aradia is great, when does she come back to the story :(

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Grapplejack posted:

Aradia is great, when does she come back to the story :(

We see her and Sollux during Terezi - Remember. They're hanging out with Meenah's army.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

whowhatwhere posted:

We see her and Sollux during Terezi - Remember. They're hanging out with Meenah's army.

Which is probably not a good sign for Meenah's army.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Which is probably not a good sign for Meenah's army.

But a great one for Aradia! To be fair though, with all the light shining from behind the cracks in the dreambubbles I kind of want to see what happens when the whole place breaks apart too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Boneless Jogger posted:

But a great one for Aradia! To be fair though, with all the light shining from behind the cracks in the dreambubbles I kind of want to see what happens when the whole place breaks apart too.

Same, although it probably isn't anything good. All of those flashing Colors sure look like they could be a real source of Mayhem.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its not like aradia's a portent of doom or anything here. she too is interested in LE getting disposed of, because he represents a loop yet to be closed.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

paranoid randroid posted:

its not like aradia's a portent of doom or anything here. she too is interested in LE getting disposed of, because he represents a loop yet to be closed.
I suspect she can be both, and is.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think shes a big ol weirdo but ultimately benign

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

i think shes a big ol weirdo but ultimately benign

Benign in the same way a tumor can be benign?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Aradia's styled herself as paradox space's Grim Reaper. You wouldn't want to see the Grim Reaper near your army for the same reason you wouldn't want to see him at your birthday party - even if he's having a good time, he's still on the job.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Swan Curry posted:

My fellow Americans, let me tell you about Homestuck

Fuckin :lol:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Aradia's styled herself as paradox space's Grim Reaper. You wouldn't want to see the Grim Reaper near your army for the same reason you wouldn't want to see him at your birthday party - even if he's having a good time, he's still on the job.

its more like shes the grim reaper if the grim reaper also just kinda liked hanging out with dead people and watching poo poo go down. also the birthday party in this situation is all people who are already dead except for one rear end in a top hat who the grim reaper enjoys seeing get clowned.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Biggest corpse party ever!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Aradia is chill and good.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

The Grim Reaper's vacation/sick leave benefits *suck*. Ask HR if you're interviewing.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
All these things are true.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Man, Vriska's last (pre-retcon) conversation with John, the one where he is fixing to kiss dead Rose and she is gathering the guts to ask him out, is tragic.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
My dumb trash brain is now trying to conceptualize Reaperstuck based on the Dead Like Me mythos but I'm resisting

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

high-five of trash-brain solidarity.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Aradia is a bit like Discworld's Grim Reaper: They don't pass judgement, do the killing themselves, or decide where you go, they just show up to observe your death, make a few remarks, and move on to the next corpse in the pile. And just like DEATH, Aradia is only really doing it voluntarily because it's a job that needs to be done, and if they don't, who will?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bobulus posted:

Aradia is a bit like Discworld's Grim Reaper: They don't pass judgement, do the killing themselves, or decide where you go, they just show up to observe your death, make a few remarks, and move on to the next corpse in the pile. And just like DEATH, Aradia is only really doing it voluntarily because it's a job that needs to be done, and if they don't, who will?

Some rear end in a top hat upstart whose too focused on being cool and edgy and new and takes the job way too far and way too seriously that you have to stop

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Wʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʀᴠᴇsᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ғᴏʀ, ɪғ ɴᴏᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ Cᴏʀᴘsᴇ Pᴀʀᴛʏ?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

:golfclap:

Children who are doomed from birth: http://kan-kankri.tumblr.com/post/126368422123/dirkiewirkiestrider-spookyfiend

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rose is a p normal name for someone to have. it could be worse.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

rose is a p normal name for someone to have. it could be worse.

no, the kid's name is k-something; it's just a Rose costume. But now you mention it, there's probably a tragic baby Karkat out there.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Prison Warden posted:

e. actually reading Reaper Man right now

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 11, 2015

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm 90% sure Homestucks can't reproduce, and may not even have genitals.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm 90% sure Homestucks can't reproduce, and may not even have genitals.

My wife will be very disappointed if this is the case.

But deep, deep down I'll know it's for the best. :gbsmith:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Who What Now posted:

My wife will be very disappointed if this is the case.

But deep, deep down I'll know it's for the best. :gbsmith:

Relax, if it turns out the two of you want kids you just adopt a pair of paradox clones of yourselves that'll drop down in front of your house on a meteorite.

As a Homestuck this is where I believe babies come from, yup.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Relax, if it turns out the two of you want kids you just adopt a pair of paradox clones of yourselves that'll drop down in front of your house on a meteorite.

As a Homestuck this is where I believe babies come from, yup.

Those aren't you though.

Those paradox clones will be either your grand son who is also your father or your great grand father who is also your dancestor

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Burkion posted:

Those aren't you though.

Those paradox clones will be either your grand son who is also your father or your great grand father who is also your dancestor

You've got it all wrong. The paradox clone is you, and you are that clone gone back in time. You're also your grandpa.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Something something piss in a bucket and shove it into a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Bogart posted:

Something something piss in a bucket and shove it into a bug.

Something something sadomasopedorobonecrobestiality