Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im very happy i never went to jrtc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
8 more drill weekends and then I'm done forever gently caress the army suck my dick

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

8 more drill weekends and then I'm done forever gently caress the army suck my dick

do you get drill depression

like starting off the monday before a drill you just spend the entire week hating yourself and life and knowing you have to go play army over the weekend

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

like starting off the monday before a drill you just spend the entire week hating yourself and life and knowing you have to go play army over the weekend

Yes but since we just got back from deployment we have the bullshit yellow ribbon thing on the 30th and then a 45 and a 90 day check in and I just don't want to do anything anymore.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so i'm not the only one

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

so i'm not the only one

that poo poo was seriously intense

working and going to school all week and it's a muta 5 so god dammit gotta be at the armory by 5, and hey guess what we're going to Fort Devins so everyone goes out to pmcs to drive a pack of 20 M997s up the Mass Pike past Worcester to go fart around in the woods all weekend.

hope you stashed enough booze and smokes to numb the pain and kill yourself slowly and tell the people that didn't bring anything (except for the squad, natch) to go kick rocks because this warm bottle of jack daniels isn't enough to share and i'll be hosed before i face 0430 stand-to in the middle of northern massachusetts in november sober

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Just started working on my IRR packet. It's starting out at the brigade level, so I should be out in November.

Had a MUTA 6 this past weekend that could have easily been a MUTA 4. Then starting next weekend we have 14 days of AT that are literally just us going to hang out with an active duty unit and be in garrison. TBH it's not that bad, but at this point the Army does basically nothing for me and I'd rather spend my weekends not wearing a green pajama suit and hearing NCOs whine about how my sideburns are a millimeter too long.

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 10, 2015

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

psydude posted:

TBH it's not that bad, but at this point the Army does basically nothing for me and I'd rather spend my weekends not wearing a green pajama suit and hearing NCOs whine about how my sideburns are a millimeter too long.

This is exactly me. The Reserves are easy as gently caress, I am just over it at this point.

On another note, my PSG just sent out an email stating that all E4s are required by the CO to have a E5 packet ready for September drill. Bro, I'm out in April. I'm not extending for another year and death before reenlistment. There is legitimately NO reason for me to put forth the time and effort on a packet. This is why I hate the Army.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

This is exactly me. The Reserves are easy as gently caress, I am just over it at this point.

reserves/guard are insanely easy, it just eats up time

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

reserves/guard are insanely easy, it just eats up time

Yeah, it's 2 days a month of getting paid to hide. I explain this to people and they get confused as to why I'm getting out. YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND, MAN :cry:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I was a full time EMT for a few years and loved the job. I really enjoy doing emergency response and holding things together when everything is a swirling poo poo storm around you. If I could actually do that I wouldn't mind doing the part time soldier gig. I know the Army though and the retarded dumb fuckery is baked so hard into the culture I know it's not worth all the bullshit that would come with that decision. It kinda makes me sad that I can't just do the job and have that be enough. Oh no, it would be just like Fidel said, E5 packets before you ETS because those are the orders! gently caress your clearing papers I have a box in excel that's the wrong color! Orders? Who the gently caress cares about your orders we have oh-gently caress-thirty formation tomorrow and you need to be there three hours early because every step of the chain says on time is late.

In short, thank you so much for still being in and letting me laugh at your pain so I can resist the.temptation to subject myself to more of it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

SumYungGui posted:

Who the gently caress cares about your orders we have oh-gently caress-thirty formation tomorrow and you need to be there three hours early because every step of the chain says on time is late.

Division CSM to his Brigade CSMs: Division run tomorrow starting at 0700. We will be taking this route running at this pace.

Brigade CSMs to Battalion CSMs: Division run tomorrow, have everyone at the parade field at 0630 with 100% full accountability.

Battalion CSMs to 1SGTs: Division run tomorrow, have everyone on the battalion field ready to march over to the parade field 0600.

1SGTs to Platoon SGTs: Division run tomorrow. Everyone in formation at 5:30.

Platoon SGTs to Squad Leaders: Division run tomorrow. Everyone be formed up at 5:15.

Squad Leaders to Team Leaders: Everyone here, formed up at 0500.

Team Leaders to privates: Room inspection tomorrow 0430.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
PT belts on every limb and torso.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Mike-o posted:

PT belts on every limb and torso.
and head, don't forget the head.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fister Ardennes posted:

and dick, don't forget the dick

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
A buddy of mine ran into our lovely bombed out apartment building room in Iraq wearing nothing but a PT belt thong, then started tea bagging everyone that was taking a nap.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mike-o posted:

A buddy of mine ran into our lovely bombed out apartment building room in Iraq wearing nothing but a PT belt thong, then started tea bagging everyone that was taking a nap.

and that's how pat tillman died

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

and dick, don't forget the dick
gently caress it, just make everyone wear a reflective gimp suit.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
I'm gonna hang a pt belt off the front of my 1088 from now on so I am immune from crashing

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
For the Armor School run I saw some of the guys from 19D or 19K OSUT wearing these loving crazy looking road guard vests, it's like if someone taped a poo poo ton of orange chem lights together and made some kind of BDSM harness out of it. It looked like something you would wear to a rave.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mustang posted:

For the Armor School run I saw some of the guys from 19D or 19K OSUT wearing these loving crazy looking road guard vests, it's like if someone taped a poo poo ton of orange chem lights together and made some kind of BDSM harness out of it. It looked like something you would wear to a rave.

those are standard in korea

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mustang posted:

pic? I don't think I've seen one of these

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
No pics, I tried googling it but couldn't find anything that looked like one. They must have been pretty new because the ABOLC cadre had never seen them before.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I think he's taking about the ones that have blinking lights

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mike-o posted:

Is is really already time to post this again? Geez, time flies when you're out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt2D0tHeNTw

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

psydude posted:

Just started working on my IRR packet. It's starting out at the brigade level, so I should be out in November.

Had a MUTA 6 this past weekend that could have easily been a MUTA 4. Then starting next weekend we have 14 days of AT that are literally just us going to hang out with an active duty unit and be in garrison. TBH it's not that bad, but at this point the Army does basically nothing for me and I'd rather spend my weekends not wearing a green pajama suit and hearing NCOs whine about how my sideburns are a millimeter too long.

Lol 14 day ATs. I haven't seen one less than 21 days since 2010.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

Division CSM to his Brigade CSMs: Division run tomorrow starting at 0700. We will be taking this route running at this pace.

Brigade CSMs to Battalion CSMs: Division run tomorrow, have everyone at the parade field at 0630 with 100% full accountability.

Battalion CSMs to 1SGTs: Division run tomorrow, have everyone on the battalion field ready to march over to the parade field 0600.

1SGTs to Platoon SGTs: Division run tomorrow. Everyone in formation at 5:30.

Platoon SGTs to Squad Leaders: Division run tomorrow. Everyone be formed up at 5:15.

Squad Leaders to Team Leaders: Everyone here, formed up at 0500.

Team Leaders to privates: Room inspection tomorrow 0430.

a loving division run :dogbutton:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

a loving division run :dogbutton:

When I was in basic training at Fort Benning, we did a base-wide run. Every basic training company lined up on the field by building 4, and we putted around like 3-4 miles of Benning near where IOBC, OCS, and airborne schools are. I'm not sure if 3rd ID got drawn into that web of stupid, but since we get trucked over from sand hill I've got no doubts that they either shuttled everyone over, or possibly did their own little run on their side of post.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I mean at that point you're only getting up like another 30 minutes earlier right

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

NTT posted:

I mean at that point you're only getting up like another 30 minutes earlier right

gently caress you waking up at 4 in the morning to stand around for 3 hours pisses me off.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

When I was in basic training at Fort Benning, we did a base-wide run. Every basic training company lined up on the field by building 4, and we putted around like 3-4 miles of Benning near where IOBC, OCS, and airborne schools are. I'm not sure if 3rd ID got drawn into that web of stupid, but since we get trucked over from sand hill I've got no doubts that they either shuttled everyone over, or possibly did their own little run on their side of post.

gently caress. that. poo poo.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My guard unit is trying to gear up for deployments and new equipment training, so half of us are up in the northern half of the state training.

loving training NCOIC had taken it upon himself to appoint himself the base commander and has us running this poo poo like AIT all over again.

Instead of team leaders and squad leaders being responsible for their actual teams, they've got class leadership poo poo going on, but the team leads are getting bitched at when private schmuckatell doesn't know which of the three conflicting sets of orders he's supposed to follow, because no one can figure out if we're following Top's or this other guy's orders.

Instead of BAS they've got us eating in this tiny DFAC but they forgot to hire cooks, so they have a SPC running the kitchen over a sergeant and PFC, without a meal plan and a bunch of raw ingredients that were ordered without their input or knowledge. They're cooking their asses off, 150 meals a day without days off, so I'm not complaining too much about everyone having to do 3 days of KP each week, but this poo poo is so A'd up, it's retarded.

Also 0500 wakeups and 2200 lights out, including weekends.

gently caress this gay poo poo. Leadership isn't telling this guy to gently caress off but them countermanding every other directive, going over the "class leader's" head the other half.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

The Rat posted:

It brings me raw joy that I am no longer in the Army.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

gently caress you waking up at 4 in the morning to stand around for 3 hours pisses me off.

ok now im fully triggered

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

The Rat posted:

It brings me raw joy that I am no longer in the Army.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My favorite post-run story is when I was at Drum and we got up at the rear end-crack of dawn, formed up, and marched off to line the roads. Apparently one company or battalion or whatever would take off and everyone standing around was supposed to cheer for them, then fall in behind them. It was a big ol' cheering clusterfuck. After I finished my part of the run and we all lined up again to keep cheering for other people who hated being there, we saw the Air Force guys come. Up until this point, I didn't know they got roped into this thing too. Part of me felt bad for them (how much would it suck to join the AF and wind up there?) but another part of me wanted them to hate their lives just as much as we did. So I cheered.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If you've never experienced an ENTIRE POST Run then I actively think you are a stolen valor scumbag.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Carteret posted:

If you've never experienced an ENTIRE POST Run then I actively think you are a stolen valor scumbag.

I'm a guard POG and still had to do a base run on Gordon. poo poo was ridiculous.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Did a post run on Lewis. All the dependas were lined up to cheer their pog rear end husbands on near the base housing by the burger king, WATER DAWGS HOO-AHHHHHHH!! At one point we were going so slow we were loving running backwards, I poo poo you not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
A dude I went to basic with is saying on Facebook that some SSG emailed his personal problems to almost everybody in the Army (with the requisite hundreds of "reply all" responses).

Someone who is still in needs to investigate this.

• Locked thread