Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
If Trump makes it all the way to Election Day and wins, instead of politely waiting for the other candidate to concede, he's going to call them first and call them a loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Joementum posted:

Here's the Rubio version. I love his childlike enthusiasm when he realizes he can answer the questions. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOUy4uItps

Dammit Rubio, why do you have to come across as a real human being! :argh:

That was actually a great clip and probably the most relaxed I've ever seen him.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Pohl posted:

Dammit Rubio, why do you have to come across as a real human being! :argh:

That was actually a great clip and probably the most relaxed I've ever seen him.

Yes that's called ' the point ' in some circles

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Takanago posted:

If Trump makes it all the way to Election Day and wins, instead of politely waiting for the other candidate to concede, he's going to call them first and call them a loser.

He's going to call every Obama political appointee to personally say "You're fired."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Can anyone in good conscience deny that most feminists are humorless stumps though.

Perhaps you should reconsider being such a poo poo, even in as relaxed a subforum as this.

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge

Can anyone in good conscience deny that most feminists are humorless stumps though.

Yes.

MRAs are unintentionally hilarious though.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

My privileged, male gaze sort of slides right off these, but I'll take your word for it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

My privileged, male gaze sort of slides right off these, but I'll take your word for it.

I think most of the reason I don't get these is because I don't take a women's studies course at a liberal college

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mirthless posted:

I think most of the reason I don't get these is because I don't take a women's studies course at a liberal college

i don't understand young person memes post 2008. Everything has been a blur online since then.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Who the gently caress cares? Feminism doesn't have to be funny. Y'all acting like he said women aren't funny.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

echronorian posted:

Who the gently caress cares? Feminism doesn't have to be funny. Y'all acting like he said women aren't funny.

Hey, this guy said something smart

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trumpelstiltskin: the imp that shows up to extract the price the GOP owes for shackling itself to racists, the religious right, and the birchers back in the 70s-80s.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Here's the donation limits for 2015-16 federal elections.

:homebrew:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Something Else posted:

Hey, this guy said something smart

Too bad for Bernie that smart and popular aren't the same things

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Well, if any Rick Perry staffers are in need of a new job, I know someone who's hiring.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Perhaps you should reconsider being such a poo poo, even in as relaxed a subforum as this.

I apologize for bringing down the level of discourse here, in the election erection board.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

blue squares posted:

When a Perry staffer says "Live off the land for a while," I fully believe that the Perry campaign is going to be sleeping in tents in the woods and foraging for food.

This would get votes for sure.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Vox Nihili posted:

Not a huge fan of Sam Wang. For one thing, he's a neuroscience guy who just does this for fun. For another, he made a huge mistake in 2010 where his model called a race against Harry Reid by a ridiculous margin (99.999% or something) that Harry Reid ultimately won. Maybe his models have improved since then, but that sort of mistake shouldn't happen.

Look bro, we've all played X-Com. Sometimes 99%s don't hit.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Joementum posted:

Here's the Rubio version. I love his childlike enthusiasm when he realizes he can answer the questions. :3:

This was actually really good and relatable.

The Scott Walker one was miserable and I couldn't last through the entire 60 seconds.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah marco rubio is the only candidate that looks like a human being to me on the R side sadly. maybe carson too?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

I apologize for bringing down the level of discourse here, in the election erection board.

We take elections, and erections, very seriously here I'll have you know.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
With Carly Fiorina getting the push from the kiddie table debate, that probably knocks Perry down to Lindsey Graham levels of seriousness in the eyes of beltway media and the pollsters. He's toast, and he doesn't need to be in this shitshow of a race to build his reputation since he was Governor basically forever. He'll drop out soon then show up on Fox News as a contributor until he goes to court in a year or so.

I wonder if Perry and Christie ever hang out on the trail and talk about how they wish they'd made different decisions in their lives starting in about, oh, spring of 2011.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Joementum posted:

He literally got the first question wrong and proved it with the second!

"Full name?"
"Marco Rubio."
Nickname?"
"Tony. 'cause my middle name is Anthony."

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

:wow:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

He's essentially an internet video comments section with hair.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
OK the idea of Trump getting the Libertarian nomination is making me giddy. Can you imagine how that would completely wreck the down ticket races for Republicans?

Edit: I want nothing more from life then to see Trump get the libertarian nomination and appear on the ballot in every state.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 11, 2015

peach moonshine
Jan 18, 2015

Joementum posted:

He's quite endearing when he isn't rambling about cat-men.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Were those filmed at red state? Because the lack of Donald Trump doing one of these is the worst part about him being uninvited.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Three Olives posted:

OK the idea of Trump getting the Libertarian nomination is making me giddy. Can you imagine how that would completely wreck the down ticket races for Republicans?

Edit: I want nothing more from life then to see Trump get the libertarian nomination and appear on the ballot in every state.

If I were impotent (which I'm not because I'm a real loving man who is real fuckin virile ho yeah) the thought of this would cure it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Isn't Red State full of right wing crazies and owned by a company controlled by loony evangelical capitalist theocrats?

Does anyone ever stop to ask why Donald Trump was going to show up in the first place much less the rest of the legitimate primary candidates? It would be like Hillary Clinton giving a speech to the Communist Party of the United States and everyone thinking it was no big deal because most of them were going to vote Democrat anyways.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

the blood-dimmed tide is loosed

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Three Olives posted:

Isn't Red State full of right wing crazies and owned by a company controlled by loony evangelical capitalist theocrats?

Does anyone ever stop to ask why Donald Trump was going to show up in the first place much less the rest of the legitimate primary candidates? It would be like Hillary Clinton giving a speech to the Communist Party of the United States and everyone thinking it was no big deal because most of them were going to vote Democrat anyways.
Why wouldn't he? He is, after all, the leading candidate amongst evangelicals.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Three Olives posted:

It would be like Hillary Clinton giving a speech to the Communist Party of the United States and everyone thinking it was no big deal because most of them were going to vote Democrat anyways.

The difference is that literal Communists do not form an important voting bloc in the Democratic party.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Dan Carlin released a new podcast about trump, has a really interesting take on it (Basically that trump is a great candidate to have, even if he's not ever going to be president).

Though I will warn the naysayers here (which includes me, I'm not sure that trump can win). Here's the things, if he can reach a 'critical mass' of supporters in the republican base, he will be nominated hell or highwater. Endorsements are irrelevant when the choice is between nominate a guy that may lose you the general, and absolutely decimating your party.

I'd actually say that, though I much prefer Sanders on basically everything, Trump has a better chance of being nominated because he has, well, 'leverage'. Sanders doesn't.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

When the Paulites realize that Rand has already flamed out and is nothing like his loony racist father that they know and love I wonder if Trump could pick them up by rambling on about ending the Fed and going back to the gold standard.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

This was actually really good and relatable.

The Scott Walker one was miserable and I couldn't last through the entire 60 seconds.

*raises paw* Doesn't he kind of come across as a total dweeb though?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
LOL as if I needed more proof that Democrats are beta bitches.

Just saw video on FOX of Bernie's rally getting destroyed by two chubby little bimbos.

Donald Trump would have told them to shut the gently caress up, described in detail for the audience just how fat and disgusting they were, and then some loyal suits would have dragged them away kicking and screaming.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

skaboomizzy posted:

With Carly Fiorina getting the push from the kiddie table debate, that probably knocks Perry down to Lindsey Graham levels of seriousness in the eyes of beltway media and the pollsters. He's toast, and he doesn't need to be in this shitshow of a race to build his reputation since he was Governor basically forever. He'll drop out soon then show up on Fox News as a contributor until he goes to court in a year or so.

I wonder if Perry and Christie ever hang out on the trail and talk about how they wish they'd made different decisions in their lives starting in about, oh, spring of 2011.

Perry's still looking at some pretty serious charges isn't he? Like he probably has a better chance at ending up in a jail cell than a job at Fox News.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL as if I needed more proof that Democrats are beta bitches.

Just saw video on FOX of Bernie's rally getting destroyed by two chubby little bimbos.

Donald Trump would have told them to shut the gently caress up, described in detail for the audience just how fat and disgusting they were, and then some loyal suits would have dragged them away kicking and screaming.

Good, let the yooj flow through you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Evil Fluffy posted:

Perry's still looking at some pretty serious charges isn't he? Like he probably has a better chance at ending up in a jail cell than a job at Fox News.

I thought the most serious charge got dismissed and the one he's still facing is fairly minor?

• Locked thread