Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The laser musket at least makes a good noise when it goes off. It sounds like it hits pretty hard, which it would have to given its limitations. It didn't look like it was exactly great for damage, though. Maybe the guy was just a bad shot.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

it's probably a gimmick gun like the rock-it launcher and so I'll stick to boring laser rifles as usual :v:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm also curious if the chart is moving up or down in terms of stat requirements. Does Scrounger require more or less luck than Bloody Mess? If less, it's funny that the dog perk needs more charisma than Lady Killer; ladies are easier than man's best friend.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 10, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The gameplay looks exactly like Fallout 3's, which is even more disappointing considering that I thought at least the gunplay was gonna be better. Maybe I should hold my judgment for when I see footage of them fighting people with guns, but none of the enemies really reacted to getting shot. Compare this to F.E.A.R., where enemies will get knocked on their rear end, stumble, and get knocked off balance when you shoot them.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
The shooting off limbs was cool, I hope that is for ghouls only though.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

The gameplay looks exactly like Fallout 3's, which is even more disappointing considering that I thought at least the gunplay was gonna be better. Maybe I should hold my judgment for when I see footage of them fighting people with guns, but none of the enemies really reacted to getting shot. Compare this to F.E.A.R., where enemies will get knocked on their rear end, stumble, and get knocked off balance when you shoot them.

Man, you suck.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
He also seem to be deliberately ignoring previous videos that showed exactly what he's asking for.

I'd like to second the motion that he share what assets he's sure are reused.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
If we're going by abstract terms like "looks like", you could also say that New Vegas' gameplay looks like Fallout 3's. We can't really say for certain what Fallout 4's gameplay is actually going to be like until we get footage or word-of-mouth that isn't blown-out smartphone footage or e3 montages, or hollow promises from T. Howard.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Aw - the footage is gone now. I only got a chance to watch a bit of it on my phone, but it sounds like it already looked like rear end so it was even harder to tell what was going on. I hear they've already been able to figure out from which seat the footage was taken from and have dispatched a hit squad to kill them and the people sitting in the 8 chairs surrounding them just to be safe.

We'll just have to tide ourselves over with the fact that the Android version of Vault Overseer is due to come out this Thursday.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh yes, we should always believe in trailers. Especially E3 trailers, those have never tried to dress up cinematics or gameplay that aren't exactly representative of the actual product.

But it looks like hacking and lock picking are mostly the same save for maybe better looking program selection after you shift through the same soup of fake words to unlock a password. Hopefully the skills chart isn't too confusing of a mess to scroll through again and again as I'd hate to now have to remember where the gently caress certain skills are in the perk wall-scroll or a slog to get to whatever skill you want to check on.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

7c Nickel posted:

He also seem to be deliberately ignoring previous videos that showed exactly what he's asking for.

I don't quite get this. Ghouls aern't magical zombies, why wouldn't losing an arm or leg put them into shock and make them bleed out like any other living creature? It's not like we see any Ghouls with missing limbs in other Fallout games.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I don't quite get this. Ghouls aern't magical zombies, why wouldn't losing an arm or leg put them into shock and make them bleed out like any other living creature? It's not like we see any Ghouls with missing limbs in other Fallout games.

The npc ghouls that talk maybe but the ones you find that attack you for no reason are pretty much mindless zombies.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lets make it player arms and legs next, please.

EDIT: Also why does that gun only cycle once for all those shots? Does it have several barrels that are concealed by the pic edge?

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 11, 2015

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TontoCorazon posted:

The npc ghouls that talk maybe but the ones you find that attack you for no reason are pretty much mindless zombies.

I don't mean their minds, yeah they are obviously mindless animals. I mean their physical anatomy. Like, for example, the infected people from 28 days later. They act like "zombies" but they are still living creatures with blood and organs and stuff. If you blow one of the 28 days later infected limbs off they die, because they aern't magic zombies they need blood to live.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Crabtree posted:

Oh yes, we should always believe in trailers. Especially E3 trailers, those have never tried to dress up cinematics or gameplay that aren't exactly representative of the actual product.

But it looks like hacking and lock picking are mostly the same save for maybe better looking program selection after you shift through the same soup of fake words to unlock a password. Hopefully the skills chart isn't too confusing of a mess to scroll through again and again as I'd hate to now have to remember where the gently caress certain skills are in the perk wall-scroll or a slog to get to whatever skill you want to check on.

I'm guessing it'll be akin to the skill constellations in skyrim, though hopefully with a lot better navigation. loving stupid misclicking and ending up sliding all over the drat place. Hopefully the wall scroll perks have been designed to be expanded by mods, unlike the aforementioned skyrim trees which were ridiculously limited.

Also, I must be one of the few people who really enjoyed the hacking minigame. It was one of the better minigames I've played and made reasonable sense to me.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Tearing off limbs from zombies is cool IMO

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

Tearing off limbs from zombies is cool IMO

I want to see limbs used as melee weapons.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

Lets make it player arms and legs next, please.

EDIT: Also why does that gun only cycle once for all those shots? Does it have several barrels that are concealed by the pic edge?

Because it's a crappy gif I made in 2 minutes to prove a point. It doesn't have that problem in the real video. Clip starts at 1:33.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNfqQ7iJDg0

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Rutibex posted:

I don't mean their minds, yeah they are obviously mindless animals. I mean their physical anatomy. Like, for example, the infected people from 28 days later. They act like "zombies" but they are still living creatures with blood and organs and stuff. If you blow one of the 28 days later infected limbs off they die, because they aern't magic zombies they need blood to live.

radiation is black magic

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

7c Nickel posted:

Because it's a crappy gif I made in 2 minutes to prove a point. It doesn't have that problem in the real video. Clip starts at 1:33.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNfqQ7iJDg0

Ok thanks, shared it with a friend and he'd pointed it out. Wasnt trying to be a super oval office or anything

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

It only does that if you cripple something. Otherwise it's still Fallout 3/NV style.

Also, come on, I spotted tons of models lifted directly from 3.

Like, what the gently caress am I supposed to praise about this game? It doesn't do anything better that any other game does, yet people eat it the gently caress up.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 11, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hey it's alright you don't have to like this game, maybe its just not for you

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

frajaq posted:

hey it's alright you don't have to like this game, maybe its just not for you

it's like it's a fool's bet to expect things to be vastly improved

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

SunAndSpring posted:

It only does that if you cripple something. Otherwise it's still Fallout 3/NV style.

Like, what the gently caress am I supposed to praise about this game? It doesn't do anything better that any other game does, yet people eat it the gently caress up.

maybe you should post about it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

graynull posted:

I'm guessing it'll be akin to the skill constellations in skyrim, though hopefully with a lot better navigation. loving stupid misclicking and ending up sliding all over the drat place. Hopefully the wall scroll perks have been designed to be expanded by mods, unlike the aforementioned skyrim trees which were ridiculously limited.

Also, I must be one of the few people who really enjoyed the hacking minigame. It was one of the better minigames I've played and made reasonable sense to me.

The lockpicking and hacking minigames were repetitive and quickly dull more than terrible. It wasn't that bad during the first few hundred containers, but it'd really help if there was a craftable skeleton key that let you skip up to average PC passwords and lock sweetspots. Or at least give us a few more ways to find combinations or passwords around the area or from certain people/records/corpses. It isn't the worst thing in the world that its the same thing, but I wouldn't mind some of the computers challenging you to a round of one of those pip-boy atari games to unlock a password more than the same reset and repeat of guess the password.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it's like it's a fool's bet to expect things to be vastly improved

Other than prettier and more demanding graphics on level 3.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SunAndSpring posted:

You've been asked to list these a few times already, buddy.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

You've been asked to list these a few times already, buddy.

Lockpicking, doors, various bits of scenery in the market the player enters, etc. Satisfied?

Still don't know what you guys like about this poo poo that you get incredibly defensive about it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Fallout 4 looks a lot like Fallout 3, a game I liked very much

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SunAndSpring posted:

Lockpicking, doors, various bits of scenery in the market the player enters, etc. Satisfied?

Still don't know what you guys like about this poo poo that you get incredibly defensive about it.

Well you keep harping on about it but go quiet or get really vague when asked, so. :shobon:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Honestly it sounds like you're just grasping for something to complain about.

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
games gonna own end of story

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

poptart_fairy posted:

Well you keep harping on about it but go quiet or get really vague when asked, so. :shobon:

It's because he's completely full of poo poo and he's forgotten that fallout 3 looks like this:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

We're not being defensive, it's just fun baiting someone with an obvious axe to grind. Let's humor you for a second though. The Lockpicking huh? Yeah I would imagine that a closeup of a lock, bobbypin, and screwdriver WOULD look pretty similar to a picture of a lock, bobbypin, and a screwdriver. But if you actually compare them side to side you can tell that they aren't actually the same asset, or at least they've been reworked for the new version.

FO4

FO3

The screwdriver is different, the bobbypin is brass now and the scratches aren't in the same place. Admitting you have a problem is the first step you know.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I wonder which color the filter on this one will be

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

JawKnee posted:

None as they've clearly demonstrated and mentioned in interviews.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

JawKnee posted:

I'll go with bloom. All out loving bloom.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can fault Bethesda for a lot, and I do, but Skyrim actually looked really good given the hardware limitations, and didn't have any of the graphical shittiness that either FO3 or Oblivion did. They did a great job of making each hold visually unique, and it's one of the strongest aspects of that game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
It'll filter a lot of blue form the Synthetic crab blood in your eyes.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTI1J9pPG4

lol look at this loving dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So is game good or is game bad?

I throw money at game either way but would like opinion before play.

Very important I do not let myself have a real experience.

• Locked thread