Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Irish Joe posted:

So he just really sucks at committing suicide.
This one does. I wouldn't be surprised if the multiverse is littered with the corpses of Ricks who succeeded at one point or another though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Excelsiortothemax posted:

So there is a French beer called Kronenborg that I've been getting YouTube ads for.

I can't help but think that this is the universe having a laugh at Rick and Morty

The name of those creatures, Cronenbergs, is a reference to the creatures that David Cronenberg's movies feature. They're a similar style.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody post the preview for next week k thanx

Preview of episode four: Everybody dies besides Jerry. The rest of the episode, and indeed the rest of the show, is just Jerry, wandering around an empty Earth. It's very boring.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Megaspel posted:

Preview of episode four: Everybody dies besides Jerry. The rest of the episode, and indeed the rest of the show, is just Jerry, wandering around an empty Earth. It's very boring.

I dunno, we've already seen that Jerry knows how to step up when the situation calls for it. Jaded Jerry: The Road Warrior could be an interesting episode.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

JT Jag posted:

This one does. I wouldn't be surprised if the multiverse is littered with the corpses of Ricks who succeeded at one point or another though.
Maybe not.

The Council of Ricks episode had all the other Ricks making fun of "our" Rick (Rick C-137) because he actually showed some genuine emotional attachment to his Morty. To me, the implication was that out of all Ricks, "our" Rick might be the least sociopathic, which should also lead him to being more adversely effected by emotional blows like being dumped by his hive-mind lover.

I'd imagine that all (or at least a vast majority) of the other Ricks would be more likely to just laugh it off and move on without truly giving a poo poo.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 11, 2015

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

qntm posted:

Chaos Chaos, "Do You Feel It?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTA0DSfrGZ0

I feel as if I'm missing one.

Wow, I remember this band from another deep, dark, twisted, thought-provoking show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E8Wfcpeczw

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Robot Hobo posted:

Maybe not.

The Council of Ricks episode had all the other Ricks making fun of "our" Rick (Rick C-137) because he actually showed some genuine emotional attachment to his Morty. To me, the implication was that out of all Ricks, "our" Rick might be the least sociopathic, which should also lead him to being more adversely effected by emotional blows like being dumped by his hive-mind lover.

I'd imagine that all (or at least a vast majority) of the other Ricks would be more likely to just laugh it off and move on without truly giving a poo poo.

Nah, it was the Rick that was two above our Rick in evilness that said that. Seemed like all the other Ricks liked hanging out with their Morty.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, it was the Rick that was two above our Rick in evilness that said that. Seemed like all the other Ricks liked hanging out with their Morty.
Hmm... Except that Rick wasn't even himself, he was being remote controlled by the Bizarro evil genius Morty. So it's actually Bizarro Morty who was making fun of Rick for caring for a Morty. Which... um... I'm not sure if that proves or disproves anything, actually.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rick too sad to even go through with killing himself :smith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I keep saying to myself "alright, I'll just draw one last Rick and Morty fan art, and I'm out!"

Then they pull me right back in.

http://madizzlee.deviantart.com/jou...DV_RickandMorty

I'm gonna go crazy with this one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Robot Hobo posted:

Hmm... Except that Rick wasn't even himself, he was being remote controlled by the Bizarro evil genius Morty. So it's actually Bizarro Morty who was making fun of Rick for caring for a Morty. Which... um... I'm not sure if that proves or disproves anything, actually.

I love that this is a show where we can have conversations like this and have it make sense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Robot Hobo posted:

Ah! That's true. But did Bizzaro Morty have vocal control over Bizzaro Rick? We need answers!!! Typical, wanna weigh in on this?

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Robot Hobo posted:

I think it says that this is how Bizarro Morty feels about Ricks in general; I don't think it's too hard to imagine that something could have happened between him and his Rick that led him to feel that way. Whether that is the case or not I doubt we'll ever know, but we know it definitely isn't with our version of the characters.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

CelticPredator posted:

I keep saying to myself "alright, I'll just draw one last Rick and Morty fan art, and I'm out!"

Then they pull me right back in.

http://madizzlee.deviantart.com/jou...DV_RickandMorty

I'm gonna go crazy with this one.

American only competition again. This is bullshit, I was going to make a Mona Lisa-Michelangelo-Sistine Chapel-Picasso mother fucker and everything, but I guess every one involved in the making of Rick and Morty is just a disgusting RACISTOPHOBE.

Also lol at deviant art points being a prize.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Megaspel posted:

American only competition again. This is bullshit, I was going to make a Mona Lisa-Michelangelo-Sistine Chapel-Picasso mother fucker and everything, but I guess every one involved in the making of Rick and Morty is just a disgusting RACISTOPHOBE.

Send it to me. I'll submit it. We can split our prize money. 50/50.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Megaspel posted:

that sounds good

do it anyway

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like the ending would have been better and not so over-the-top dark for the sake of dark if Rick had just switched off the machine at the last second, backing out. I know some of you theorized that he knew he would pass out, but I don't think so. Why would he test it first? He was definitely fully intent on killing himself and it only didn't happen because he got "lucky."

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Doesn't matter, our Rick is the only Rick among infinite dimensions who rejected the Council of Ricks so he's either much superior or even more broken then all other Ricks in the vast infinite cosmos.

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I feel like the ending would have been better and not so over-the-top dark for the sake of dark if Rick had just switched off the machine at the last second, backing out. I know some of you theorized that he knew he would pass out, but I don't think so. Why would he test it first? He was definitely fully intent on killing himself and it only didn't happen because he got "lucky."

That's kind of the point. He did it while out of his mind drunk and at his lowest, like many people do in reality, and when he woke up the next day alive said "gently caress it" and went back to being the rear end in a top hat he was before.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

he was playing loving russian roulette with himself

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Megaspel posted:

I want that bag and the monies.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The ending was super good. There was something I really liked about the thousands of notes. This is a great show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rick and Morty: What's the word, uh....human!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Robot Hobo posted:

Maybe not.

Pretty sure Jerry's Rick is the least sociopathic Rick shown so far.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Superstring posted:

Pretty sure Jerry's Rick is the least sociopathic Rick shown so far.

Which Jerry?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

The current(?) Jerry! Maybe? Whichever was the one that got those quarters, but they've got little Star Wars characters on them.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
You know he eats his own poo poo, right?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Send it to me. I'll submit it. We can split our prize money. 50/50.

You can have all the worthless poo poo as long as I get all the deviantart points.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Megaspel posted:

You can have all the worthless poo poo as long as I get all the deviantart points.

Deal

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dresh posted:

You know he eats his own poo poo, right?

Via comparison to some of the other stuff we've seen Rick do (murder, arms dealing, giraffe loving) poo poo eating really isn't that bad.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Couldn't the council of Ricks give him a court order saying he can't eat poo poo anymore?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Alright Schizotek, when you're right you're right. Now I'm hooked.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

JT Jag posted:

If I wanted to be sober, I wouldn't be drunk!

The dozen people at my bar watching shouted and clapped for this one. The burnout cook and I (we're both drunks) want to paint this quote on the wall.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The American Dream posted:

The dozen people at my bar watching shouted and clapped for this one. The burnout cook and I (we're both drunks) want to paint this quote on the wall.
I'd kill for a bar that does poo poo like showing Rick and Morty

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I liked Doofus Rick :shobon:.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
Doofus Rick was sweet! It's funny how the show shows that, but refuses to have any kind of lasting consequence other than Jerry getting brief bonding time with a less jerky version of his father-in-law.

I also like how the brownie experiment shows that while he might not be up to the exacting standards of the other Ricks he's still super-intelligent in his own right.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pick posted:

I liked Doofus Rick :shobon:.

Everybody did. He was a sweetheart, who apparently ate poo poo.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Something I noticed that I didn't see mentioned here:

When the fart cloud told Morty that he was going to bring his buddies and destroy all the carbon life forms, we see Morty's eyes well up and everyone watching the cartoon knew what was coming next. But the fart cloud, even being a telepath, didn't see it coming, either because he didn't think to read Morty's mind or Morty hid it from him.

I'm not sure what my point is except to say it was kind of neat that we knew Morty's intentions (from his expression) but the mind reader didn't.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!
I've noticed a pattern to the show wherein Morty or Summer witness some injustice or another and try to make it right, and as a result end up making things a gajiggidy times worse.

I can't help but wonder if Rick was at one point just as hopeful, well-intentioned and naive about the universe as his grandkids; but after several "Mortynight Run's" of his own, he's been left an alcoholic, nihilistic, corrupt shell of his former self.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Something I noticed that I didn't see mentioned here:

When the fart cloud told Morty that he was going to bring his buddies and destroy all the carbon life forms, we see Morty's eyes well up and everyone watching the cartoon knew what was coming next. But the fart cloud, even being a telepath, didn't see it coming, either because he didn't think to read Morty's mind or Morty hid it from him.

I'm not sure what my point is except to say it was kind of neat that we knew Morty's intentions (from his expression) but the mind reader didn't.

He was thinking about protecting life. Fart even says this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

TontoCorazon posted:

Everybody did. He was a sweetheart, who apparently ate poo poo.

I haven't listened to it myself, but apparently the DVD commentary states that he doesn't actually eat poo poo.

Doofus Rick is cool.

• Locked thread