Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

ukle posted:

Except with the T95, which now has no frontal weakness and no real lower plate as its all one 300mm thick lump. Only options for most German tanks now is to flank them.

Left cupola shot works on them most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Szcwczuk posted:

Left cupola shot works on them most of the time.

Doesn't if the t95 is not driven by an idiot. German tanks have to be able to see the roof of the T95 now to be able to pen through the cupola as the shells aren't magically bouncing downwards any more.

ukle fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 10, 2015

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

ukle posted:

Doesn't if the t95 is not driven by an idiot. German tanks have to be able to see the roof of the T95 now to be able to pen through the cupola as the shells aren't magically bouncing downwards any more.

That's still not that bad I mean you can flank it in anything it's not exactly fast or hard to spot.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

eightysixed posted:

I complained when they made the Battle Action font huge. Now I'm mad that they made it microscopic :saddowns:

I miss it announcing poo poo like Hercules and Unguided and Surprise!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
The bias knows no bounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niPG-tDWOOI

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

bacon flaps posted:

Do you have HEAT for M47 y/n

e: I'm guessing no still? I've given up on my M47 grind currently.

I do have HEAT, which is preally good but pretty much everything is lethal at that level so it's not that great.

Honestly I think the T-54 1949 is in a weird place, it has APDS but lacks HEAT, and armour means sick once the HEAT starts flying.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

T-34 is the hottest tank. Literally.

http://gfycat.com/ObeseUnitedArizonaalligatorlizard

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

lol did you ever post the vid of you killing that tiger2 in a t34?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Man the one day I need to see them and the tiger kingdom has turned into pantherland.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
The tiger II can do some work if you get in a good sniping position:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

spectralent posted:

Man the one day I need to see them and the tiger kingdom has turned into pantherland.

My M22 + B17E setup agrees so loving hard. They're screwed if I can reach them.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I say that but I just got 9 kills in the T-34/85 so I'm comfortably done. 4k RP.

EDIT: Soviet PBY, 30% off. Any good?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

spectralent posted:

eh it's a PBY might be cool in low tier tanks games.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

spectralent posted:

I say that but I just got 9 kills in the T-34/85 so I'm comfortably done. 4k RP.

It's a PBY that gets to hunt other PBY flown by dumb new players and it has Ishaks and poo poo for backup. It's fun if you want your own little year-round floats event.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Szcwczuk posted:

eh it's a PBY might be cool in low tier tanks games.

Main issue is a 2.0 russian lineup's not that great, you'd really want BR 3 or BR 1 for T-34 spam or early war nonsense.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I would buy a premium H6K Dragonplane.

AhrimanPK
Oct 9, 2012

'Ello 'Ello 'Ello

My name's Clive Owen!

spectralent posted:

I remember that thing being Tier 1 in the old ranking system. About the only way to kill it was with bombs or rockets, it was great for just landing on an airfield and capping in domination, repairing, getting an air start and then doing it again. Sadly it's now rather higher tiered, and in RB handles like the boat it is.

Speaking of arcade, it really brings out the jerk in me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1RJUq5TqdQ

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
What I have against the slowest lumpiest early bombers in RBGF is that some maps start you a 3-5 minute flight from combat. Surely some country that isn't Russia captured a Ju88?

AhrimanPK
Oct 9, 2012

'Ello 'Ello 'Ello

My name's Clive Owen!

MrLonghair posted:

What I have against the slowest lumpiest early bombers in RBGF is that some maps start you a 3-5 minute flight from combat. Surely some country that isn't Russia captured a Ju88?

Sure did, unfortunately Gaijin refuse to give Britain any of the large number of captured planes that they could have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._1426_Flight_RAF

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I seriously appreciate the La-5's ability to dive with Bfs without spontaneously exploding like Yaks. I'm not sure it's as all-round good as the Yaks are (I miss having MGs) but it feels like it keeps up with same-tier germany well.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I feel like I should enjoy flying the f7f but I just don't know what my role is in a fight....

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

I feel like I should enjoy flying the f7f but I just don't know what my role is in a fight....

Bombers/heavy fighters and boom and zoom the poo poo out of stuff mostly.

edit: Leopard crew!

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 11, 2015

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

Your role is use the powerful engines to climb high and go really fast, and boom and zoom everything with really long, super high speed passes. Very few things can keep up with for long, if at all. It's very effective against pretty much everything. Big emphasis on those long passes though. You want to be that annoying guy that zooms through, blows something up and then screams away into the distance beyond sight before coming back type thing. Take advantage of its ludicrous speeds to gain large separation and return minimising energy losses.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

15k RP in the tank sim event for killing a KT, Tiger 1E and a JPz4, with premium and a 30% booster. :psyduck:

SB seems to be where it's at for getting crazy RP for tanks, even if the lions are still rather poor.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

AhrimanPK posted:

Sure did, unfortunately Gaijin refuse to give Britain any of the large number of captured planes that they could have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._1426_Flight_RAF

A lovely :britain: 109 E-Series or He-111 wouldn't be bad given how common Battle of Britain themed stuff has been in this game. Even a Ju88 would be cool.

iirc the actual planes on the old release tree included more Corsairs, P-51, B-25 and B-17 variants.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Thief posted:

iirc the actual planes on the old release tree included more Corsairs, P-51, B-25 and B-17 variants.
The current release tree still has the F4U-4c on it, as well as a mess of Mustangs.

The rest of the current release trees are here:
http://warthunder.com/us/game/releasetree

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I'm getting mighty tired of T-10Ms

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

spectralent posted:

Main issue is a 2.0 russian lineup's not that great, you'd really want BR 3 or BR 1 for T-34 spam or early war nonsense.

There's no rule that says the bomber you bring to CARB has to be the same BR as your tanks. A 500kg bomb is a 500kg bomb no matter what's carrying it, and a lower ranked bomber is cheaper to bring in.

The only thing is that if you are taking a PBY into tanks then you absolutely cannot ever drop below 1.5km altitude.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Xerxes17 posted:

15k RP in the tank sim event for killing a KT, Tiger 1E and a JPz4, with premium and a 30% booster. :psyduck:

SB seems to be where it's at for getting crazy RP for tanks, even if the lions are still rather poor.

Well okay that's actually respectable RP.

Why the gently caress is RB absolute poo poo, though? I mean, I've had 5-10 kill matches where I'm getting less RP than two planes. Guess I'll go sim.

Alchenar posted:

There's no rule that says the bomber you bring to CARB has to be the same BR as your tanks. A 500kg bomb is a 500kg bomb no matter what's carrying it, and a lower ranked bomber is cheaper to bring in.

The only thing is that if you are taking a PBY into tanks then you absolutely cannot ever drop below 1.5km altitude.

How does that work? 1km is when ground targets start rendering, isn't it?

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

spectralent posted:

How does that work? 1km is when ground targets start rendering, isn't it?
I'm guessing since the PBY is an absolute boat of a plane, it's very easily shot down if you troll too low.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

spectralent posted:

Well okay that's actually respectable RP.

Why the gently caress is RB absolute poo poo, though? I mean, I've had 5-10 kill matches where I'm getting less RP than two planes. Guess I'll go sim.

As RB (CARB) rewards the same RP as Arcade tanks, as according to Gaijin they take the same amount of time. Basic rule for tanks is for grinding play AB or SB (if you have tanks suitable for the days event), for fun play RB or SB. Best course of action is to grind up in AB the Repair and Fire modules then switch to RB once you have them unlocked on the tank you want to play.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

ukle posted:

As RB (CARB) rewards the same RP as Arcade tanks, as according to Gaijin they take the same amount of time. Basic rule for tanks is for grinding play AB or SB (if you have tanks suitable for the days event), for fun play RB or SB. Best course of action is to grind up in AB the Repair and Fire modules then switch to RB once you have them unlocked on the tank you want to play.

Yeah, I've started treating AB as the no-parts/FPE shame zone :v:

Also dear sweet christ what's happening with WT today? I'm 3/3 on the game crashing halfway through a battle.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So American tanks and planes.

Recommendations for more :stare: and less :saddowns: as I build up my roster.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

spectralent posted:

Also dear sweet christ what's happening with WT today? I'm 3/3 on the game crashing halfway through a battle.

Crash to desktop? I started getting grey screens of death with WT yesterday, could be related if more people find there's been issues in the last ~18 hours

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah CTD. Game freezes up and I can hear battle sounds for a few seconds then it dies.

How does today's event work? I see "missions won with heavy tanks" but what does that mean? Do you just need to bring a heavy to a mission? Play the heavy at some point? Does victory need to be declared while you're in it? I honestly don't get what I'm doing wrong.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

xyigx posted:

So American tanks and planes.

Recommendations for more :stare: and less :saddowns: as I build up my roster.

I've been having a pretty good time with my M4 sherman and the M10 tank destroyer. The M16 AA halftrack is pretty fun too, when you've run out of spawn points and don't have anything else to do but roll up on somebody and dump 600 rounds into them. Still haven't found anything that can really stand up to the majority of russian tanks, especially the T-34.

On the plane side of things, I've really enjoyed my F6F hellcat. It's a good all around plane that really comes into it's own once you get that last engine upgrade. Not amazing, but not bad.

Unfortunately, I'm still new to this game and that's about all I've gotten to so far. I've been very underwhelmed by the early Corsairs, but I'm sure they get a lot better once you grind out those modifications. Pretty sure everybody loves the P-38, and that's what I'm working towards now. I feel like the majority of american aviation is serviceable at a lot of things, but not spectacular. American tanks are fun as hell, but russians do everything better. That's just been my experience as a person that's still having to actually grind out the lower tiers and hasn't spent a dime on the game.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Recoome posted:

I'm getting mighty tired of T-10Ms

Never go for a turret shot ever, You just wont go through. NATO HEATFS will go through the front of it almost always and sometimes it will punch through the turret cheeks (not recommended).

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Instant :japan: Sabre que in the snow...

Instant Yak-15 que at night with spotlights.

Japanese/Brit players terrorizing everyone while USA/Russian players are still bad more often than not across every game mode.

Axis VS Allies SB owns :radcat:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Did you know that the Fireflies are bad planes? Yes? No?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDN9P9Kafg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Trip Report: Leopards default ammo is poo poo.

• Locked thread