Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Xoidanor posted:

"You know now when we finally got here I realize that Sweden is simply too temperate, hospitable and charitable for my taste. I say we go to Finland instead" - Said no one ever

So you basically decided not to believe what the Finnish police says in their official reports?

That's ok, bro, but when you take the position that nothing you don't like is true, then you don't have to believe in anything (kinda like Zodium, who doesn't believe in anything). You can make reality what you will. Then anyone you argue/discuss with can take exactly the same position. "Hah, but you can't prove these people do that, so I don't have to listen to you! You can't prove the Battle of Hastings happened! I never saw it! I won!"

edit:

Xoidanor posted:

Because population growth creates demand which in itself drives growth and innovation

O.o

Why on hell then aren't the population explosion countries in Africa doing better and better all the time if that was true? They aren't. Between the 60s and the 00s the whole contintent was doing worse all the time. People are escaping from there. Not being aware that countries with crazy population booms don't do that well in any scale takes some sort of special, super-ignorancy of doom.

Not all Africa but examples of population either doubling or quadrupling in a few generatsions, that should do really well, then: Yemen, Ethiopia, Somalia, Rwanda! Sure doing aweseome...

Ligur fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ligur posted:

So you basically decided not to believe with the Finnish police says in their official reports?

That's ok, bro, but when you take the position that nothing you don't like is true, then you don't have to believe in anything (kinda like Zodium, who doesn't believe in anything). You can make reality what you will. Then anyone you argue/discuss with can take exactly the same position. "Hah, but you can't prove these people do that, so I don't have to listen to you! You can't prove the Battle of Hastings happened! I won!"

Or it could be that you have a habit of reading questionable news-sources which means that when you write something that seems like hyperbole without providing a source I'll assume it's hyperbole. :v:

Ligur posted:

Why on hell then aren't the population explosion countries in Africa doing better and better all the time if that was true? They aren't. Betweem the 60s and the 00s the whole contintent was doing worse all the time. People are escaping from there.

I mean right now things are looking up, but if just population means = success it seems like it doesn't in the real world.

They are doing better if you use GDP as the measurement, that is a fact.

http://www.worldbank.org/en/publica...rica-analysis#2

Population doesn't guarantee success but to deny it is an important factor as part of achieving success on an international stage is silly.

God dammit, no wonder we're not getting anywhere. You're trying to approach a social science question with a natural science methodology and in an inappropriate medium to boot. Yeah, I cannot provide you with what you are looking for, I concede. :shrug:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Xoidanor posted:

population

You seriously think the more pupulous a country is, the more succesful it is

O.o

You don't seriously find anything at odds with this... jebus.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Being banned is generally a sign that this might not be the community for you.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Xoidanor posted:

They are doing better if you use GDP as the measurement, that is a fact.

http://www.worldbank.org/en/publica...rica-analysis#2

Population doesn't guarantee success but to deny it is an important factor as part of achieving success on an international stage is silly.
You sure this isn't putting the cart before the horse? Like, the whole thing with the demographic transitions into an industrial society is that birth rate are slow to change from the very high pre-industrial level, which offset high death rates, after a country enters a period of rapidly dropping death rates due to improved health care as a result of economic growth. Eventually birth rates level out to match death rates, and you're left with a stable population once more. At least that was the way it happened in Europe and Asia. In Sub-Saharan Africa on the other hand, the fact that birth rates remain staggeringly high in many countries is actually seen as a threat to their economies, as they're going to have a hard time providing adequate education to the vast numbers of children entering school age each year, which is going to be a problem if they want to diversify the economy away from resource exports. I mean, despite Nigeria being like 90 times larger than Qatar in population its exports are equally dominated by oil exports. That is not the foundation of a healthy economy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You sure this isn't putting the cart before the horse? Like, the whole thing with the demographic transitions into an industrial society is that birth rate are slow to change from the very high pre-industrial level, which offset high death rates, after a country enters a period of rapidly dropping death rates due to improved health care as a result of economic growth. Eventually birth rates level out to match death rates, and you're left with a stable population once more. At least that was the way it happened in Europe and Asia.

You mean the parts of Europe and Asia that have been struggling with achieving substantial non-speculative economic growth for the last decade? :v:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

In Sub-Saharan Africa on the other hand, the fact that birth rates remain staggeringly high in many countries is actually seen as a threat to their economies, as they're going to have a hard time providing adequate education to the vast numbers of children entering school age each year, which is going to be a problem if they want to diversify the economy away from resource exports. I mean, despite Nigeria being like 90 times larger than Qatar in population its exports are equally dominated by oil exports. That is not the foundation of a healthy economy.

Well of course they are, you need vast amounts of capital to sustain rapid economic growth. while keeping things like water supply and education up to par, and since few trust the IMF anymore that has become difficult to find. We're probably going to see more succesful overlapping cooperation in Africa in the future like we've seen in Asia with the forums like the ASEAN+3 and institutions like the soon-to-be Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. Even if the larger African nations enacted a one-child policy today they would still be reaping for benefits of their population growth for next three decades.

As for the resource based economies, they're not necessarily doomed to collapse when their commodities fall in price. It's all about government policy, it's why Norway and Saudi Arabia have been able to start adapting in their own ways while Canada and Russia are standing at the brink of economic collapse while pretending that everything is fine. Of course that still leaves Nigeria screwed in the short-term but that doesn't mean the continent is. The oil price has been putting pressure on governments all over the world regardless of the perceived wealth of their economies. I feel like this is a strange reason to discount that we're seeing numbers moving the right direction in terms of GDP and HDI which of course includes Education.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 10, 2015

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Biomute posted:

Being banned is generally a sign that this might not be the community for you.

The best part was the hilarious straw man meltdown he was banned for. Yes, people are too quick to label others as racists these days, but in Ligur's case a more fitting term there never was.

Walks like a duck, etc..

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

You mean the parts of Europe and Asia that have been struggling with achieving substantial non-speculative economic growth for the last decade? :v:
Which is a policy problem.

Xoidanor posted:

Well of course they are, you need vast amounts of capital to sustain rapid economic growth. while keeping things like water supply and education up to par, and since few trust the IMF anymore that has become difficult to find. We're probably going to see more succesful overlapping cooperation in Africa in the future like we've seen in Asia with the forums like the ASEAN+3 and institutions like the soon-to-be Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. Even if the larger African nations enacted a one-child policy today they would still be reaping for benefits of their population growth for next three decades.
Imagine the benefits we could have reaped in Europe if we had kept out birth rate at the level it was in 1800 all the way to now. Sweden would be much richer and more powerful if it had a population of 95 million. Plus just imagine how many millions you could add on top of that from immigration, since the 95 million would be native Swedes. Sweden could have absorbed the entire population of Syria all by itself!

Xoidanor posted:

As for the resource based economies, they're not necessarily doomed to collapse when their commodities fall in price. It's all about government policy, it's why Norway and Saudi Arabia have been able to start adapting in their own ways while Canada and Russia are standing at the brink of economic collapse while pretending that everything is fine. Of course that still leaves Nigeria screwed in the short-term but that doesn't mean the continent is. The oil price has been putting pressure on governments all over the world regardless of the perceived wealth of their economies. I feel like this is a strange reason to discount that we're seeing numbers moving the right direction in terms of GDP and HDI which of course includes Education.
So basically, extraction economies need good forward thinking governance to not melt down when commodity prices fall? Yeah, probably a good idea to diversify then.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Imagine the benefits we could have reaped in Europe if we had kept out birth rate at the level it was in 1800 all the way to now. Sweden would be much richer and more powerful if it had a population of 95 million. Plus just imagine how many millions you could add on top of that from immigration, since the 95 million would be native Swedes. Sweden could have absorbed the entire population of Syria all by itself!

Don't stop there, if we had the birthrates of today in the 1800's we could have all lived in Stockholm! I think we learned something today. :downs:

Seriously though, is your train of thought here that 9.7 million is the maximum that Sweden can sustain or what?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

Don't stop there, if we had the birthrates of today in the 1800's we could have all lived in Stockholm! I think we learned something today. :downs:

Seriously though, is your train of thought here that 9.7 million is the maximum that Sweden can sustain or what?
Western lifestyles are maintained by sucking up value from the rest of the world, in a fashion that is already not sustainable. Are we to assume this population explosion would have solved itself through technological progress making up for the far greater demand associated with such a large population demanding western life styles?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Western lifestyles are maintained by sucking up value from the rest of the world, in a fashion that is already not sustainable. Are we to assume this population explosion would have solved itself through technological progress making up for the far greater demand associated with such a large population demanding western life styles?

The framing device for this entire loving discussion was that Sweden is growing by migration and that this is good for Sweden, say it after me, MIGRATION. That is unless your argument is that "let the poor be poor" to which I could only respond. :getout:

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

...Western lifestyles are maintained by sucking up value from the rest of the world, in a fashion that is already not sustainable. ...

How exactly? I can see that majority of the world lives in poverty, but isn't that due to corruption, nepotism and poor education where they live?

Or do you mean brain drain towards richer countries?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

jonnypeh posted:

How exactly? I can see that majority of the world lives in poverty, but isn't that due to corruption, nepotism and poor education where they live?

Before 1960 (or thereabouts) large parts of the world were colonial subjects that directly transferred wealth to their mother countries.

After 1960 we did not redistribute that wealth back.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

computer parts posted:

Before 1960 (or thereabouts) large parts of the world were colonial subjects that directly transferred wealth to their mother countries.

How would this redistribution of wealth look like then? Obviously any sort of development aid is a paltry sum and what does make it there ends up in the pockets of their kleptocrats.

e: Also, "giving something back" - does this imply that mother countries took away something irreplaceable?

e2: maybe some free education for future elites of a newly independent country. or did they try that? I know that Britain used to educate colonial officials and administrators. And USSR educated all sorts of revolutionary cadres in their universities.

But Africa is still hosed up.

jonnypeh fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 10, 2015

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

The framing device for this entire loving discussion was that Sweden is growing by migration and that this is good for Sweden, say it after me, MIGRATION.
You presented a growing population as an unqualified good, which it absolutely is not. And without that, your argument for immigration being necessary because Sweden's population has to grow weakens considerably.

Xoidanor posted:

I don't understand the argument, so you're probably advocating something bad.
Just because I have a different understanding of how societies become wealthy does not mean I want to force poverty on people. Like, I could turn it right back on you and claim that you're the one advocating keeping people in poverty while you yourself become richer. (All the while putting increasing strain on the globe which will hit places like Africa far harder than Sweden.)

computer parts posted:

Also, some countries are still essentially colonial subjects, see France in West Africa, and of course being wealthy is a good way of getting people to give your more wealth, even without pointing guns at them.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You presented a growing population as an unqualified good, which it absolutely is not. And without that, your argument for immigration being necessary because Sweden's population has to grow weakens considerably.

No it does not because you are arguing from an environmental position and a weak one at that.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Just because I have a different understanding of how societies become wealthy does not mean I want to force poverty on people. Like, I could turn it right back on you and claim that you're the one advocating keeping people in poverty while you yourself become richer. (All the while putting increasing strain on the globe which will hit places like Africa far harder than Sweden.)

So you want to stop the periphery from having babies then I take it? If not, then your argument is a farce. The periphery is going to keep growing until it won't just like the west did before and anything short of fascism is not going to put a dent in that as China has proven abundantly. Us taking in migrants is not going to impact that in any significant way, nor is it going to stop us from shifting our economies to better alternatives. You can dislike that the world economy is dependent on growth all you want but that is not helpful if you don't have an alternative in mind.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

jonnypeh posted:

Oh my gosh how did you ever get into D&D you sweet summer child, get your copy of Capital and read away.

For one example, a goon has already alluded to the "colonial pact" between France and its former colonies. In essence, France controls the finances and economic development of 14 ex-colonial Francophone nations.

No Nordic nation is actively looting developing countries as far as I'm aware., but the simple inequality of our world is why we have migrants. "Them Third Worlders being dumb and illiterate" is a symptom of that basic inequality.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 10, 2015

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

...get your copy of Capital and read away. ...

Yeah, that will never happen. Communism equals crime.

Had no idea of the "colonial pact" though.

jonnypeh fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 10, 2015

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Oh my gosh how did you ever get into D&D you sweet summer child, get your copy of Capital and read away.

protip: is a troll

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

No it does not because you are arguing from an environmental position and a weak one at that.
And you're arguing from the position that since our current economic model demands perpetual growth, we have to simply accept this and continue doing what we're doing.

Xoidanor posted:

So you want to stop the periphery from having babies then I take it? If not, then your argument is a farce. The periphery is going to keep growing until it won't just like the west did before and anything short of fascism is not going to put a dent in that as China has proven abundantly. Us taking in migrants is not going to impact that in any significant way, nor is it going to stop us from shifting our economies to better alternatives. You can dislike that the world economy is dependent on growth all you want but that is not helpful if you don't have an alternative in mind.
No one is talking about stopping the periphery from having babies, just helping them not have quite as many. Like, access to contraceptives might do more than help against the spread of HIV, and many African women are actually pretty happy about not having to have as many babies as their mothers did from what I've read/heard. Strengthening trends which emphasize smaller families where the mother has more time to work and take care of her individual children would still allow significant population growth while giving the children that are born a better chance in life, and help grow the economy by giving families an extra income earner. From what I gather, the reduction in fertility rates in Sub-Saharan Africa since 70's hasn't been anywhere as strong as it was in the West or Asia at a similar point in their development, to the point of being non-existent in some cases. I'm not sure that's really ideal when you combine it with climate change being poised to gently caress over these regions in terms of agricultural productivity in the near future.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

No Nordic nation is actively looting developing countries as far as I'm aware., but the simple inequality of our world is why we have migrants. "Them Third Worlders being dumb and illiterate" is a symptom of that basic inequality.

Do you realize you're turning into me?

computer parts posted:

This is untrue on so many levels, Good Lord.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ligur posted:

This is untrue on so many levels, Good Lord.

Do tell.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Read this for a primer http://www.amazon.com/The-White-Mans-Burden-Efforts/dp/0143038826 There has been a consistent effort to "pay back" but it just doesn't work to put it bluntly. Billions, at this point trillions all in all, of euros/dollars have been pumped all the time, and more going each year. Uncomfortable: countries which do not receive, or have not received, any magic money from heaven money do a lot better right now. Things have not changed much in that regard during the last years as far as I know.

Also some countries that did not directly or even nondirectly transfer anything much from evil colonies, unless you think global economics is an unfair transfer of wealth: Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.

Finland was subjucated by either Sweden or Russia itself to the early 20th century, and survived massive WW2 damage to become for a while one of the premier 1st world countries and social democracies ever, on it's own, more or less. No funding by IMF on the basis that "we'll learn democracy soon, hee hee" or so.

These countries are not international disasters which require IMF or World Bank funding to operate. And yes I know Norway has oil. So does Nigeria. Blaming stuff, not saying that you do but some people are, on 50 or 60 yeard old colonialism isn't very honest.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 11, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

And you're arguing from the position that since our current economic model demands perpetual growth, we have to simply accept this and continue doing what we're doing.

Change doesn't happen over a week, there's this thing called momentum in politics. When your argument against a policy is that you think the world order should be changed eventually do you see how this impacts my ability to take your argument seriously when building support and enacting such change would take decades? Meanwhile, you have still failed to address how any of this ties into why Sweden should not see migration as an opportunity to grow in the immediate future.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

No one is talking about stopping the periphery from having babies, just helping them not have quite as many. Like, access to contraceptives might do more than help against the spread of HIV, and many African women are actually pretty happy about not having to have as many babies as their mothers did from what I've read/heard. Strengthening trends which emphasize smaller families where the mother has more time to work and take care of her individual children would still allow significant population growth while giving the children that are born a better chance in life, and help grow the economy by giving families an extra income earner.

Well great so you want what is already happening, not seeing why you think I would disagree with any this. It is still decades down the line for it to progress to our stage but of course it is happening. As more of sub-saharan Africa urbanises and becomes commodified this development will accelerate.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

From what I gather, the reduction in fertility rates in Sub-Saharan Africa since 70's hasn't been anywhere as strong as it was in the West or Asia at a similar point in their development, to the point of being non-existent in some cases. I'm not sure that's really ideal when you combine it with climate change being poised to gently caress over these regions in terms of agricultural productivity in the near future.

Blame the church, both the catholic and later also the evangelical church has done enormous amounts of harm to Africa in these matters with their propaganda and decrees. As for the food production, I think our consumption of luxury goods and the EU's offloading of surplus food has already done more harm than any environmental effects will have in the next 30 years.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The logic of multinational capital is not to colonize nations to benefit colonizers, it is to make every nation into a colony (a market), including the colonizers.

e:

Ligur posted:

Do you realize you're turning into me?

When I wrote tha I thought it was a pretty Ligur pair of sentences, true.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 11, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

For one example, a goon has already alluded to the "colonial pact" between France and its former colonies. In essence, France controls the finances and economic development of 14 ex-colonial Francophone nations.

Yeah, that part is very interesting. One of my coworkers is from that part of Afrika and apparently their treasury is in France.

Speaking of Afrika, I came across this blog.
https://flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/africa-is-getting-richer-so-expect-more-migrants/
The richer Afrika gets, the more migrants they will send, since the poor can't afford and the rich gain nothing.

Also, holy poo poo, if this is the kind of charts you use in social sciences, no wonder it is a loving mess.
If I tried sending in an article with something like this in a natural sciences paper I would get so rejected.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Yeah, that part is very interesting. One of my coworkers is from that part of Afrika and apparently their treasury is in France.

Speaking of Afrika, I came across this blog.
https://flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/africa-is-getting-richer-so-expect-more-migrants/
The richer Afrika gets, the more migrants they will send, since the poor can't afford and the rich gain nothing.

Also, holy poo poo, if this is the kind of charts you use in social sciences, no wonder it is a loving mess.
If I tried sending in an article with something like this in a natural sciences paper I would get so rejected.

:lol:, read the actual paper.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

Change doesn't happen over a week, there's this thing called momentum in politics. When your argument against a policy is that you think the world order should be changed eventually do you see how this impacts my ability to take your argument seriously when building support and enacting such change would take decades? Meanwhile, you have still failed to address how any of this ties into why Sweden should not see migration as an opportunity to grow in the immediate future.

Blame the church, both the catholic and later also the evangelical church has done enormous amounts of harm to Africa in these matters with their propaganda and decrees. As for the food production, I think our consumption of luxury goods and the EU's offloading of surplus food has already done more harm than any environmental effects will have in the next 30 years.
Okay, you're focused on a more immediate future than I am, so that might at least partly explain our different perspectives on things. As for blame, of course I'm blaming the churches, that doesn't change the impact, nor that we could be counteracting their efforts.

Xoidanor posted:

Well great so you want what is already happening, not seeing why you think I would disagree with any this. It is still decades down the line for it to progress to our stage but of course it is happening. As more of sub-saharan Africa urbanises and becomes commodified this development will accelerate.
Of course it's happening, except where it isn't? Like, Niger hasn't seen a drop in fertility in the last 40 years, Mali is not much different, and at a glance the reduction in fertility rates in Sub-Saharan Africa is only going at roughly half speed compared to what happened in Europe.

I'm happy to drop this conversation though, since we're not really getting anywhere.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm happy to drop this conversation though, since we're not really getting anywhere.

You're discussing with a poster who adamantly refuses to see that emigration from non OECD-countries to Western ones is on the rise. You won't get anywhere, ever, so that's a pretty solid statement right there.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

:lol:, read the actual paper.

Well, that is a decent counter-argument.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
http://www.nrk.no/valg2015/valgomat

lets go!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

To my total lack of surprise I ended up with AP.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

n other news: In a move that can only be described as cartoonishly evil the government refuses to subsidize public mushroom control and it now has to close down.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Alhazred posted:

n other news: In a move that can only be described as cartoonishly evil the government refuses to subsidize public mushroom control and it now has to close down.

Landbruks- og matminister Sylvi Listhaug(Frp)sier til avisen at det er opp til den enkelte å skaffe seg nødvendig kunnskap til soppturer, eller sørge for at soppen blir kontrollert av frivillige nyttevekstorganisasjoner.

Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011
To be fair, they haven't been getting any funding since 2007. It's not as if the evil right-wing government suddenly decided to kill off a useful program just to save money, they've merely neglected to reverse a minor decision made by the previous government nearly a decade ago.

That said, it would probably be a good idea to run some sort of online service to identify mushrooms, it shouldn't be that expensive and it would be a fairly useful thing. Would perhaps be hard to guarantee that a mushroom is safe without a physical inspection though. Of course, if the original service was really that popular, couldn't they just charge a small fee for it or something?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Grimson posted:

Landbruks- og matminister Sylvi Listhaug(Frp)sier til avisen at det er opp til den enkelte å skaffe seg nødvendig kunnskap til soppturer, eller sørge for at soppen blir kontrollert av frivillige nyttevekstorganisasjoner.

what hahahaha jesus christ

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

:psyduck: does she actively want people to die of mushroom poisoning?

edit: Hyperbole, but still, some poisonous mushrooms can be really hard to distinguish from edible ones. Jesus

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one would have thought that effectively killing off small-scale norwegian agriculture in the medium term would save enough money that they didn't need to kill people by way of mushrooms

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

"Av partiene som stiller lister i Tromsø kommune er du mest enig med Rødt (70%)"

10 years ago I was agreed 80% with Ap, but the last couple of elections Rødt has taken top spot for me.

I voted for Høyre during the last local elections (despite basically being a socialist), though that was mostly because Jens Johan Hjort is a cool dude.

Scherloch fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I've taken four valgomats and every time I've had SV, rødt, mdg and labour in different permutations. Which doesn't really help me that much, because I'm still not sure if I want to give R or SV my vote

• Locked thread