Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I didn't realize BLM numbers mattered so much, I apologize to the goon who wanted to use third party tools to see the numbers 2 BLMs did in a large pull and I threw out an expanded balance midway through (and time dilated one of them), I probably completely hosed up the numbers :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
As a BLM I only cast Blizzard because I'm roleplaying a frost aligned wizard.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

jyrque posted:

As a BLM I only cast Blizzard because I'm roleplaying a frost aligned wizard.

I only cast Blizzard when I'm fighting Ifrit and only cast Fire when I'm fighting Shiva.

There's...a lot of waiting for MP to refill against Shiva.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i don't play blm because i'm gonan level the superior magic dps, summoner

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Why? People just discussed mechanics.

For some reason people get really upset when other people have a discussion. It's weird.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I will miss my BLM 2.X rotation because it involved pumping out as many flares as possible and it was fun stripping aggro from tanks and I hope lv60 BLM is as fun and I will level one to find out

I also found out today that Presence of Mind is a great dps cooldown for WHM and I'm a lv56 WHM. Really gotta :gitgud: with my classes

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

brokenknee posted:

as someone who demands that the loving index finger feel the indent, i cannot condone this course of action.

The bump is on F though, which is where your index finger will be resting for ESDF. Am I missing a joke?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Just get an mmo mouse and you can keep your fingers on wasd

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

If anyone remembers me, I'm the AST who made the post giving my feedback about our performance in Alex Savage. Some of the replies encouraged me to share my thoughts here in the future. Thank you for that. I'm making this post for anyone who wants to listen, including the devs. "Avalanches" by IAMX is oddly fitting to accompany my feelings.

A little update on my story: changing to white mage impacted me too negatively. I had to leave my static. I discarded my Esoterics and Ravana canes after doing so. I lost a great deal of patience and understanding from the switch. I lost part of what made me who I am--ultimately, my humanity. The stress made me a liability. What made it worse was that I felt like I couldn't talk about it. I only wanted to be understood by the people around me; I frustrated myself because I knew that my concerns were too deep for them to relate to. I've since declined offers to raid again. No one worth their salt wants an astrologian. I know, if I were to go back to white mage, that resentment would come out again. I'd rather wait for the devs to fix my main job before deciding if I'll quit or not. So now I'm a "casual."

There is a real problem of dehumanization in this game. The endgame community, as it probably is on many servers, and many games, isn't for me. I blame myself for joining it in the first place for the sake of raiding. In many cases I've witnessed, people who were dissatisfied with their real lives took out their issues on others in this game. For them, top-tier gear and efficiency trump the idea that there are real people behind the monitors and televisions. By elevating themselves to this imagined status, they make the gear treadmill their sole concern at the expense of discarding others. Like the new lancer they were rude to for not knowing to ignore the bomb in the second boss in Copperbell Mines normal--they might have canceled their sub, or, worse, continued this cycle by refusing to see others as humans with feelings, all to forget about that poor experience.

I'm not a saint, either. There were too many times when I quantified my experiences as time per tomestones and/or gil, and failed to take other peoples' feelings into consideration. That was wrong of me. There's nothing in my life I feel I must take out on "lesser" players, and yet I did these things anyway. I'm sure there are others who have no real reason to put others down except, "Well, they're doing it wrong. This is the right way." I hope you can also take something away from this post.

I contributed to the gilbuying problem in our game until I realized it, and eventually stopped answering calls for sell runs.

I watched the destruction of friendships, linkshells and free companies over in-game currency, playstyle disputes or job choices (hello astrologians, dark knights, bards and machinists everywhere) and did nothing, or not enough, to stop them from happening.

I neglected to teach willing players because I'd deemed them unworthy of my time when I should have been more understanding. Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after.

On the other end of the spectrum, the non-hardcores who resent the community I was a part of: they make generalizations and group all of those players into one category of unfeeling elitists. "Fight the power," they may be thinking. "They don't want to understand us, so why should we understand them?" You're right. Not everyone deserves that understanding if they aren't willing to give you the same. At the same time, spreading a blanket over everyone in a group and deeming them as others has contributed to countless wars, supremacy groups and bigotry in our world's history. As a less dramatic example, suicides, low self-esteem and poor attitudes are all direct results of gamers feeling ostracized in some way. It isn't fair. It isn't right.

The servers could be shut down tomorrow for some mysterious reason. That sense of superiority (or fighting back against the elites) would die with the game. Where would some of you be then? Forced to look in the mirror at the wasteland that is your life and your choices. That would be torture for you when it shouldn't be.

tl;dr - people have feelings, as I'm sure you do. The emotional genocide in the video game community is staggering. It probably doesn't seem like a big deal until you are personally affected by it. Please don't contribute to it, and if you do, make an effort to do better. Someone on these forums has a quote in their signature by Ernest Hemingway that fits perfectly: "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Try to remember. Try to understand. Please.

P.S. - Thank you again to GM Eresgha for helping me with an unrelated matter. You were very helpful. You also restored a little more of my faith in this game and the community.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 11, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fister Roboto posted:

For some reason people get really upset when other people have a discussion. It's weird.

It was more the blingee and shitslinging that frustrated me at the time, I hadn't gotten to the actual discussions yet 'cos I was gone all day. My bad :shobon:

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

fount of knowledge posted:

If anyone remembers me, I'm the AST who made the post giving my feedback about our performance in Alex Savage. Some of the replies encouraged me to share my thoughts here in the future. Thank you for that. I'm making this post for anyone who wants to listen, including the devs. "Avalanches" by IAMX is oddly fitting to accompany my feelings.

A little update on my story: changing to white mage impacted me too negatively. I had to leave my static. I discarded my Esoterics and Ravana canes after doing so. I lost a great deal of patience and understanding from the switch. I lost part of what made me who I am--ultimately, my humanity. The stress made me a liability. What made it worse was that I felt like I couldn't talk about it. I only wanted to be understood by the people around me; I frustrated myself because I knew that my concerns were too deep for them to relate to. I've since declined offers to raid again. No one worth their salt wants an astrologian. I know, if I were to go back to white mage, that resentment would come out again. I'd rather wait for the devs to fix my main job before deciding if I'll quit or not. So now I'm a "casual."

There is a real problem of dehumanization in this game. The endgame community, as it probably is on many servers, and many games, isn't for me. I blame myself for joining it in the first place for the sake of raiding. In many cases I've witnessed, people who were dissatisfied with their real lives took out their issues on others in this game. For them, top-tier gear and efficiency trump the idea that there are real people behind the monitors and televisions. By elevating themselves to this imagined status, they make the gear treadmill their sole concern at the expense of discarding others. Like the new lancer they were rude to for not knowing to ignore the bomb in the second boss in Copperbell Mines normal--they might have canceled their sub, or, worse, continued this cycle by refusing to see others as humans with feelings, all to forget about that poor experience.

I'm not a saint, either. There were too many times when I quantified my experiences as time per tomestones and/or gil, and failed to take other peoples' feelings into consideration. That was wrong of me. [b[There's nothing in my life I feel I must take out on "lesser" players, and yet I did these things anyway.[/b] I'm sure there are others who have no real reason to put others down except, "Well, they're doing it wrong. This is the right way." I hope you can also take something away from this post.

I contributed to the gilbuying problem in our game until I realized it, and eventually stopped answering calls for sell runs.

I watched the destruction of friendships, linkshells and free companies over in-game currency, playstyle disputes or job choices (hello astrologians, dark knights, bards and machinists everywhere) and did nothing, or not enough, to stop them from happening.

I neglected to teach willing players because I'd deemed them unworthy of my time when I should have been more understanding. Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after.

On the other end of the spectrum, the non-hardcores who resent the community I was a part of: they make generalizations and group all of those players into one category of unfeeling elitists. "Fight the power," they may be thinking. "They don't want to understand us, so why should we understand them?" You're right. Not everyone deserves that understanding if they aren't willing to give you the same. At the same time, spreading a blanket over everyone in a group and deeming them as others has contributed to countless wars, supremacy groups and bigotry in our world's history. As a less dramatic example, suicides, low self-esteem and poor attitudes are all direct results of gamers feeling ostracized in some way. It isn't fair. It isn't right.

The servers could be shut down tomorrow for some mysterious reason. That sense of superiority (or fighting back against the elites) would die with the game. Where would some of you be then? Forced to look in the mirror at the wasteland that is your life and your choices. That would be torture for you when it shouldn't be.

tl;dr - people have feelings, as I'm sure you do. The emotional genocide in the video game community is staggering. It probably doesn't seem like a big deal until you are personally affected by it. Please don't contribute to it, and if you do, make an effort to do better. Someone on these forums has a quote in their signature by Ernest Hemingway that fits perfectly: "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Try to remember. Try to understand. Please.

P.S. - Thank you again to GM Eresgha for helping me with an unrelated matter. You were very helpful. You also restored a little more of my faith in this game and the community.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but I would like to adress the following.

This game is already very easy when it comes to obtain weekly currency to cap and get weapons with it.

Getting the relics from 2.0 was a huge timesink and a gil sink.
Was it fair to us who devoted time getting gil for materias and dedicating time for relic drops timesink with dungeon drops lights and books?

Me personally and this is my own personal opinion I truly feel disrespected and used as a player by Yoshi P. The only joy this game had that made you feel you earned these weapons was taken away from you over night. I truly dont understand this whole just because I pay for a subscription I'm entitled to everything everyone else has with half the effort by waiting it out.

IMO Its not fair to any player who dedicated time for this. It takes away the enjoyment and the reward. Yoshi P nerfed pretty much everything why couldnt this be untouched?

Respect your players

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/255310-Did-Yoshi-P-messed-up-the-relics-Im-trying-to-understand-the-meaning-of-this-help-me!

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Volt Catfish posted:

Ask about Fracture next

paging belzac please pick up the white courtesy phone

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I used to have it all, but then I threw away my esos and my ravana cane, fantasia'd to a catte-boy, and now erp for gil in the back alleys of ul'dah.

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.

Source your quotes, please.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I won a pvp on Aether Maelstrom today. 1/13 so far.

I have a long road ahead I think.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I'm not a saint, either. There were too many times when I quantified my experiences as time per tomestones and/or gil, and failed to take other peoples' feelings into consideration. That was wrong of me. There's nothing in my life I feel I must take out on "lesser" players, and yet I did these things anyway. I'm sure there are others who have no real reason to put others down except, "Well, they're doing it wrong. This is the right way." I hope you can also take something away from this post.

The game is what you make it.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 11, 2015

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Logicone posted:

Source your quotes, please.

Just 'cause you asked so nicely.

Edit: Do you know how hard it was to not just bold the whole thing.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

^^^^^^

about as hard as I laughed when I read that post this morning

Avynte posted:

I used to have it all, but then I threw away my esos and my ravana cane, fantasia'd to a catte-boy, and now erp for gil in the back alleys of ul'dah.

why did i see cattle at first?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

At the same time, spreading a blanket over everyone in a group and deeming them as others has contributed to countless wars, supremacy groups and bigotry in our world's history. As a less dramatic example, suicides, low self-esteem and poor attitudes are all direct results of gamers feeling ostracized in some way. It isn't fair. It isn't right.

The servers could be shut down tomorrow for some mysterious reason. That sense of superiority (or fighting back against the elites) would die with the game. Where would some of you be then? Forced to look in the mirror at the wasteland that is your life and your choices.

tl;dr - people have feelings, as I'm sure you do. [B]The emotional genocide in the video game community is staggering.

Someone on these forums has a quote in their signature by Ernest Hemingway that fits perfectly: "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Try to remember. Try to understand. Please.

loving :laffo:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Reading these things just kind of makes me hang my head in shame and empathetic embarrassment for how people can be so... broken, really. It's just not even funny anymore :smith:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Posts like that make me sad because it probably means that person is having a not great life outside the game.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I love this thread as I have no idea what any of you are talking about but I'm excited for it all. :allears:

Hell I just freaked out with happiness because I can go fishing now.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Linkshells disbanding over in-game currency...I watched a party attacking a lancer for not ignoring the bombs down in Copperbell Mines.

All of these moments will be lost in time, like tomestones in patch cycles. Time...to grind.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nuru posted:

Posts like that make me sad because it probably means that person is having a not great life outside the game.

Hell, same.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

brokenknee posted:

why did i see cattle at first?

Auto-correct is a hell of a thing :negative:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

nuru posted:

I felt bad for the most part, but then I got to "emotional genocide in video games" and a ham-fisted Hemingway quote and lost it.

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice
Sooo...Tenzarin is legitimately a good reason as to why I've backed away from group content in this game in general, right?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lord Psychodin posted:

Sooo...Tenzarin is legitimately a good reason as to why I've backed away from group content in this game in general, right?

sure yeah, every normal person acts like the outlier in a thread where only the people who would even care enough about post in. That's how it is yeah.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I wrote this after introducing FFXIV to my wife who has played other games but never an MMO.

I have historically never written any responses to the games a play so I apologize in advance if the format is… rough. I am writing this expecting no real traction but please enjoy or criticize to your hearts content.

I have noticed over the last 12 or so years playing various MMO that I found a lot of people who played them but not many who could play multiple or switch from whatever the 1st MMO it was that they played. Something like a mother language effect, where it’s very difficult for most people to learn a 2nd language at say age 31 when you previously only spoke 10th grade level English.

Over the course of watching and playing with my wife as she XP the grind up to 60WAR, I noticed a few things outside my normal perception because I care more about her in game experience than I would a random stranger-friend and I compare it to my experience different because I work in IT, in networking and enterprise grade hardware and she does not. So there are things I take for granted when playing like lag, server response time fluctuations, WAN side traffic fluctuations, response times as a whole as a result. I expect these things to happen and adapt my play style on the fly as I notice said lag.

She does not adapt, and specifically from my duty finder experiences from 2013 to 2015 I assume most people don’t. I’m not sure if this is due to a misconception on my part where I don’t think video games are just for children so additional out of game concepts get included to in game “wtf” is going on and how to play said game. Most of my FC’s have been adults so I don’t think it’s a misconception to expect this consideration from people and of the game designer.

I also noticed, this game is way way (way) too easy, mostly XP is way too easy. This creates a huge pool of level cap players who don’t understand their class, job, or the game as a whole. This will probably be why I quit, compared to FFXI end game here is a joke and the population of players who are trolling or just mashing buttons is alarming absurd. I did not understand this initially playing “solo” online, which brings me to another point.

Chat in this game leaves a lot to be desired. It as much as an in-game requirement as it is entirely not needed to play the game. So much so that my wife actually disabled chat all together and doesn’t play with it at all. I have entered dungeons with her, and sometime the healer or other player will say something directed at the TANK. She can’t see the chat at all, plays without regard to their words and they also do not generally notice she is not reading any of it (sometimes they do).

What I think would have been a better alternative and should still happen - eliminate chat all together from the default concept of the UI, oh AND add voice as default (duh) since it’s somewhat impossible to visually play the game in battle and consider chat at the same time. Never mind giving instructions to the aforementioned “I got to level 60 with FATE spam only”… players. Say perhaps in Titan EX? Voice would have improved that gaming experience for countless subscribers. It’s 2015 for crying out loud get it together or go back to school. Or sell this company to Dell so they can TANK it… haha.

It strange if not horrible to me that in an MMO does not have Voice, even at launch in 2013 the technology had been around. Instead of that we have the option to make the chat box so small that you can’t see any of it and drag it off screen, and continue playing like a solo offline video game. Yet there are some quests and game functions, fights that seem to rely on the chat log. Yet the chat log operates like a product that is 10 tangents removed from the original product? Scrap chat!! Add Optional direct IM / LS / FC window! Mandatory in game voice function + integrate with USB>XBOX360 controller headset. Again its 2015, API? I’d do a search but someone will anyway it probably already exists. I guarantee subscribers would prefer a chat upgrade in the next expansion where pre-order gets me a usable headset and not an action figure and a DVD of some video content I already subscribe too…

Poor Public handling of RMT & Statistics – Why do SE published in game statistic count RMT accounts? The answer SE gives to this non-sense is poor. It’s not complicated to deal with. You show me a public IP with 10+ active accounts logged in more than 19 hours a day and I’ll show you the RMT traffic ok? If you actually “are” the RMT=SE then that’s okay but just say so and sell it on the legit site. Especially because the way RMT was handled in FFXI and FFXIV is exactly the same, it somewhat obvious no internal effort by SE is done to really combat this unless RMT is not on SE pay roll then they get banned. You could wash all this by just having an official site for gil. If anyone continued to get hacked due to fraud site that is their fault for not reading before clicking.

Why is building job/classes (insert syntax here) seemingly so hard?
SE launched in my opinion a great foundational system, multiple “Refined” jobs from a single class but they aren’t using it? Only SMN/SCH has a split, everything else is 1:1 seems like a horrible waste, also forces people to repeat the horrible XP system. “I have all jobs level capped” but still know nothing essentially.

Anyone can level cap from the story quest and not really be aware that they don’t understand the game @ level 50 and now 60. I never saw this in FFXI? (You went backwards in-game player evolution concerning the XP system XP = user player education) The fact that FFXI combat system with skill chain and magic burst natively (and to an extent invisibly) taught players to expect (and how to deal with) WAN side lag in the party combat environment was loving beautiful harmony of software and the sheep effect of the human mind. Seriously that guy needs a raise and a pat on the bottom.

Huge population of (see above) players at end game content, ruining duty finder all day long (which is a great tool compared to FFXI “party flag” which was horrible but promoted use of chat, in game friends, in game expectation of trust, long time static XP friends = long time subscribers)

We made 3 new jobs!
Did you though? Or more like 1.5 jobs divided into 3. Some of this is more about the game flaw than the specific job flaw but the game flaw is highlighted in playing the job.

MCT – Concerning cross class actions - htere is literally only one build from at least level 30 to 46. That is not an MMO that’s a linked single player experience. Everyone MCT will be roughly the same, only gear matters? No tactics? Feels wasted, funnel job, static. A guy with a machine gun and ideally limitless turret options should have been the most creative job offering in the FFXIV portfolio to date. COR+RDM+BST, instead we got -1RNG

AST – Way to advance for most of the current player base. Especially considering easy XP to level cap.
For AST to be effective, everyone in the party would need to know how AST works + know all buff cards.
Most players (I have been on three servers) are only tracking their moves, your UI even has options to block other players UI information regarding debuffs. This is a flaw in numerous spots in the game there is WAY too much going on and no sensible way to track it on screen and display. Some information is displayed multiple times (see: HP) in the UI and others is not available at all (see: Dude what’s your TP?) It’s a beautiful experience but that’s literally all. In functional and feels more like “final fight MMO” than a final fantasy game. From the fact the UI is 100% customizable it seems like development knew this as well as the standard UI is very vanilla and leaves out a lot of game context nor is it proficient for any class.

DRK – What was a DPS job and thus a bulk of people playing DRK because it is called “Dark Knight” and not because they know how or think like a Tank. (I mean to say that generally the player who primarily plays a DPS job does not play a great Tank. There are some hybrids but generally the first job you pick/main/primary is the job your best at. So now duty finder, full of “tank” role but they are DRK, ungeared DRK usually when leveling so this put stress on healers, especially at launch. This brings up the flaw in duty finder, you cannot static classes to roles. This takes away any creativity the player has and forcing white to be white. FFXI Ninja? Monk? White and Red Mages? Remember how the player base turned it into situational TANK because it was better? This is impossible under the current mechanics. You removed an in game player/dev check and balance and its as if a playing field has been created where dev can do no wrong.

Was this really supposed to be Final Fantasy: Easy Mode?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

A lot of people not in Savage (or extremes, for that matter) sure think the game is far too easy.

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

Technogeek posted:

I wrote this after introducing FFXIV to my wife who has played other games but never an MMO.

(lots of words)

Was this really supposed to be Final Fantasy: Easy Mode?
Uh yeah I kinda have realized I'm dumb. and antisocial, but where the hell was this quoted from? Cause that's just amazing, and awful.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
OF Safari getting real

e: oh its a blog post, not the OF

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Man, I don't know if it's something in the water, but lately the OF has had some particularly terrible posters cropping up. I know Poe's Law is in full effect, but christ, do other MMOs usually draw this type of audience, or is it that unique intermingling of Final Fantasy XI diehards, JRPG weaboos, and MMORPG nolifers that allows this poo poo to crop up?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Psychodin posted:

Uh yeah I kinda have realized I'm dumb. and antisocial, but where the hell was this quoted from? Cause that's just amazing, and awful.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2839156/blog/2442907/

Which was linked to from http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/255275-What-is-everyones-thoughts-on-this-Is-he-right-about-the-game-and-Yoshi-P

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Man, I don't know if it's something in the water, but lately the OF has had some particularly terrible posters cropping up. I know Poe's Law is in full effect, but christ, do other MMOs usually draw this type of audience, or is it that unique intermingling of Final Fantasy XI diehards, JRPG weaboos, and MMORPG devouts that allows this poo poo to crop up?

Official forums always have terrible people.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

For an "IT professional" that guy sure is clueless. Also good ol' FFXI Stolkholm syndrome and "abloo bloo drk isnt a dps", good poo poo.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
Honestly if I arbitrarily ignored savage for god knows what reason I'd also be bored senseless with the game and think it's too easy.

Man, I don't know if it's something in the water, but lately the OF has had some particularly terrible posters cropping up. I know Poe's Law is in full effect, but christ, do other MMOs usually draw this type of audience, or is it that unique intermingling of Final Fantasy XI diehards, JRPG weaboos, and MMORPG nolifers that allows this poo poo to crop up?

You have a perfect storm of final fantasy fans, FF plans who enjoyed XI throughout it's whole life and mmo players. I wouldn't be surprised if there are future school shooters posting there.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If voice chat becomes integrated, I will unsubscribe. Voice chat with randos is terrible in every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

If voice chat becomes integrated, I will unsubscribe. Voice chat with randos is terrible in every game.

It would almost certainly be something that you would have to deliberately enable. World of Warcraft had integrated voice chat implemented like eight years ago, although I don't think anyone has ever used it.

• Locked thread