Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windchilla
May 30, 2009

DemonMage posted:

Stop looking without. Find the Skyforge within yourself and the path will be opened.

So anal fisting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

goldjas posted:

I feel like I've been having my dudes work on this Academy since I joined the guild, how long do these things usually take to build?

Depends on the building and level of the building. This is the third upgrade of the academy and one required for some endgame stuff so it's expensive. If everyone in the pantheon did the construction once a day, it would still take a few days. Things will be better with the new system after the patch.

farcry
Jan 18, 2006

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Anyone have graphical trouble when getting to Naori Island? If so, what settings did you adjust? I've been at 60 fps the whole time I've been playing but got to this region and went downhill very quickly.

E: Toyed with shadow quality, seems to be lots of grass there. Did a bit but not much.

I had it on medium and was noticeably chugging decided to say fuckit and see how much more max settings, which the game says my pc is not good enough to run drops it further... going from medium to max more then doubled my framerate from 22 max to 45 min.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

i'm curious, has anyone seen the skyforge yet? i've put well over a hundred hours in the game and I don't know what the skyforge is. or if that's good or bad.

You know, this is a legit question.

Edit: https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55c9999437986052e4e69693?page=1

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 11, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

farcry posted:

I had it on medium and was noticeably chugging decided to say fuckit and see how much more max settings, which the game says my pc is not good enough to run drops it further... going from medium to max more then doubled my framerate from 22 max to 45 min.

Your saying, UPping the settings improved performace in the open areas? I may have to try it.

Errazial
Aug 27, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

We have slots. I saw you online. Attempted to invite you. No one was home. I exhibited anger. Threw things. Names were called. Took a sip. Calmed down. Ill get you later.

Yeah, I see a bunch of fairly irate messages. From the timestamps I think I was running some instances and never noticed. Or, I might have been subconsciously roleplaying my character name...

How can you tell if someone's online, anyway? The "show offline" box won't stay unticked.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
So, I'm not a fan of the pvp aspects of games, so I tend to avoid them. Unfortunately the slab thing was only offered in the 3v3 match up. So, before the servers went down...why the hell not. Here is the results:

Get hosed slayer and necromancer. After the 4th round, they started triple teaming me, but it was too late--Winter was coming.

Also, am I doing something wrong? I've noticed playing Weather Wizard, I never use jagged ice or stasis. I would go out of my way to use jagged ice just to use it, but I'm pretty sure I do more damage just using my normal attack and stasis doesn't really help much, since "instant" isn't exactly true.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You can somewhat from the Clan display but it tends to linger even after they've logged off so you really can't.

Edit: PvP is populated mostly by the super spergs who planned ahead, knew what they were doing and kept their Prestige low for all the poo poo they have. It's not even remotely balanced on top of that so it turns into a horrible chore that's at least over in ten minutes but still sucks all the fun out of the game if you're forced to do it to actually advance.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 11, 2015

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Drinkfist, is there room still in the guild? I'm in a sleepy as gently caress one currently and am basically the highest prestige (11.6k) of the few who bother to log on. I'll shoot you a message later when the servers are back up from Vittoria Secundus.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Morglon posted:

You can somewhat from the Clan display but it tends to linger even after they've logged off so you really can't.

Edit: PvP is populated mostly by the super spergs who planned ahead, knew what they were doing and kept their Prestige low for all the poo poo they have. It's not even remotely balanced on top of that so it turns into a horrible chore that's at least over in ten minutes but still sucks all the fun out of the game if you're forced to do it to actually advance.

That works in PvE but is actually awful in PvP unless you're talking about sub 10k PvP, where spirit builds still work. I see people with half my HP at the same prestige and they die in one combo, but certainly don't do double my damage. Being successful in 3v3 PvP isn't about your stats, it's about having a support who knows what the gently caress they're doing.

Not that it matters. Not having fun? Alt tab and do something else while you get your rewards. Nobody gives a poo poo about 3v3 other than the premades and most people only do it for their relics. 10v10 on the other hand is actually fun, but won't start popping with a reasonable wait until after the patch.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
Totally forgot about the big update today. Of course the servers went down just as I was able to sit down and do some late night gaming before my day off. :argh:

I'm pretty excited to do the 10-man raids one day. I'm still having much more fun with this game than expected. At 9.2k prestige now. I've been creeping my way toward Knight, since googling the preferred tank class tends to point toward Knights, but I'm enjoying tanking on my Paladin so much that I doubt I'll switch it up much.

I keep somehow missing the opportunity to get in on the goon pantheon action. I'll work harder to harass people I suppose. Helba Montagne and Ohrin Dearmeh are the names looking to get in, just in case anyone manages to catch us on.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Kurieg posted:

So i fully mastered a class and it informed me that I now have 2 more trait slots open to me. Unfortunately it is continuing to inform me of this 3 days later.

How do i turn off the red exclamation point this time?

Did you check your symbol slots? You should've gotten two extra from mastering a class.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Liberatore posted:

Not that it matters. Not having fun? Alt tab and do something else while you get your rewards. Nobody gives a poo poo about 3v3 other than the premades and most people only do it for their relics. 10v10 on the other hand is actually fun, but won't start popping with a reasonable wait until after the patch.

You don't get kicked for inactivity? I have been doing pvp and getting rolled but I assumed that you at least had to move around to make sure you get rewards.

Also, I really want gunner but am at least 3 weeks away. As much as I hate saying this, I would straight out purchase it if they would let me.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You don't get kicked you just don't get rewards. I have been hit by that even though I played the first half of a game and killed two people so yeah no tabbing out and pretty much move around all the time or you're hosed.

As for any kind of PvP being fun,no, just no. PvP is a lot of things, a scourge, a pest, a dick waving contest for immature assholes but it's not fun. It's always tacked on as an afterthought in this kind of game because well you gotta have PvP apparently and all it does is frustrate people and get entire classes nerfed to poo poo, leaving them crippled for PvE for no reason but some idiots who can't find their own asses with two hands and a map being slaughtered over and over in a meaningless mode.

No If a game is built on PvP, can be balanced on that because it's the main focus it's perfectly fine and gently caress, then it can be fun but games like this one never loving get it right and they are worse off for even trying.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 11, 2015

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
True, the list of MMO's that have been well balanced for both PvP and PvE at the same time is incredibly short.
Especially if you speak about true 1v1 PvP, then I'd say I haven't seen such a game yet.

Most games that somewhat achieven a fine PvE AND PvP balance were those where PvP was considered to be a team effort (RvR - WvW) where one class might not be able to perform well solo, but do great in a premade group.
And the other one is EVE Online, but no other game can ever be compared to that .... thing

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
WvW and Guild Wars 2 were incredibly lovely for balance. During the first living story things and WvW you brought a class that could poo poo out ranged AoE or AoE healing or you weren't doing anything. This isn't touching on anything else the game has done because this is neither the time nor the place for it.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Unless they changed something in the past week, you still get rewards if you afk PvP. Just don't go afk for too long after the map ends or you fall into this trap where the reward screen vanishes and you can't leave the map, so you have to restart the client. :downs:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Web portal for order works well enough. It's a bit janky on a phone but it works.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

Web portal for order works well enough. It's a bit janky on a phone but it works.

Where is it? Could we get a link?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's in your portal thing where the Forums are. The frame there acts as a chat thing and now as a thing where you can do order stuff. Janky is understating it though half of it is in Russian for me.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Where is it? Could we get a link?

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/cult/herobag

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

To get construction materials, I have the Industrial espionage mission, which recommends agents. What other missions have people seen in the new system?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
"Valuable cargo", recommending templars. Also "Energy modules", giving... energy modules(?), recommending good ol' engineers.

e: seems they made the pantheon missions much easier as well. I can now nearly 100% both my available missions, whereas I used to get ~55%.

valuum fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 11, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I am in now and incredibly pissed. Guild chat is still as broken as ever, no new costumes for some reason and the button you use to switch stances on a Gunner now jiggles. Yeah, the button jerks and jiggles around and it's incredibly distracting.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

MinorRed posted:

To get construction materials, I have the Industrial espionage mission, which recommends agents. What other missions have people seen in the new system?

Healing Elixir Recipe, Undercover Work, Manuscript Translation, Forbidden Knowledge, Tournament of Valor, and too many others to phone post.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
manuscript translation isn't new

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Krakatoah posted:

Did you check your symbol slots? You should've gotten two extra from mastering a class.

Yeah, I've reset and selected 5 symbols twice now, it still shows the exclamation point.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, I've reset and selected 5 symbols twice now, it still shows the exclamation point.

I have the same problem. I've filled all my symbol slots and the ! mark is still there.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Kessel posted:

I have the same problem. I've filled all my symbol slots and the ! mark is still there.

Did you guys mouse-over the new class symbol you guys got? Mouse-over all of them just to be sure.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Morglon posted:

I am in now and incredibly pissed. Guild chat is still as broken as ever, no new costumes for some reason and the button you use to switch stances on a Gunner now jiggles. Yeah, the button jerks and jiggles around and it's incredibly distracting.

Did you really expect new costumes? Considering it's been over a month since they said they would be rotated, we're definitely only getting new costumes when they're announced, not sneakily in a patch that made no mention of them at all.

The Gunner thing has always been there. It happens whenever your ammo is full. And yes it's dumb, but you get used to it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I never noticed it and if it was in it wasn't a thing that happened literally all the time because now it happens literally all the time. Max heat, no heat, some heat, whatever, jiggle, jiggle.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Morglon posted:

I never noticed it and if it was in it wasn't a thing that happened literally all the time because now it happens literally all the time. Max heat, no heat, some heat, whatever, jiggle, jiggle.

Random jiggling for no apparent reason? Must have accidentally applied the boob physics

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Morglon posted:

You didn't mention ammo. It definitely happened about 90% of the time I spent playing promo Gunner anyway, as the ammo spending stance is pretty bad with the build you get in the promo version.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Wow, an almost 4 gig update? That's a lot of cryomancer buffs!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Anal Papist posted:

Wow, an almost 4 gig update? That's a lot of cryomancer buffs!
So much for starting some order missions before work.

e: Looks like online orders are working, actually. :toot:

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 11, 2015

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL

Elysiume posted:

So much for starting some order missions before work.

e: Looks like online orders are working, actually

Just do the online portal that Ulvirich posted.
It's weird on a mobile, but it lets you manage your order, and send and complete missions.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
The web missions actually work much smoother than I expected on my phone. So log in and do your guild build missions, I guess?

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

They hosed up the kinetic sledgehammer animation. Instead of hitting with both fists, you just hit with one.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I queued up for a random dungeon and found myself teamed up with 20k and 11k prestige teammates. I'm 5k.
At first I thought they hosed up something really bad until I saw my own damage scroll over ... NICE!

Group upscaling works now so you can team up with people stronger than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Evernoob posted:

I queued up for a random dungeon and found myself teamed up with 20k and 11k prestige teammates. I'm 5k.
At first I thought they hosed up something really bad until I saw my own damage scroll over ... NICE!

Group upscaling works now so you can team up with people stronger than you.

Hands down the best change this patch. Hopefully won't wait 30 mins for a 3 man now, or an hour+ for 5 man..

• Locked thread