Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

crossposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZDDoFgIjU&t=148s

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Not pictured: ~10 or so straight games of Meta Knight SDs

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the meta knight life is hard one

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aston posted:

e: if it wasn't so annoying it would be pretty funny watching Ness constantly backing into people, his little arms flailing uselessly.

With me it's mostly Lucas these days :gbsmith:

Maple Leaf posted:

It sounds like you're over-complicating your inputs.

You're probably right, it's just confusing to me since I actually play Smash more on the 3ds and when I do the exact same inputs on the Wii U I end up with this result. It's not as much "over-complicating" as doing things a bit too quickly, since if I want a running down throw I'll end up running, turning, grabbing and then crouching. Again, I'm assuming it's because of the stick snapping back to neutral with enough force to turn the character around.

I'm obviously the one causing the problem since so many people don't experience this problem, I was just hoping someone else used to have the problem and found a neat solution v:v:v To clarify I'm never actually moving the stick in any other direction than the one I want to be in, but I am quickly flicking the stick to the side.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I just played about 10 For Glory games with the same person and I beat them as Bowser each time. They eventually changed their name to ICANTWIN and I started to feel sorry for them. :smith:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
maybe they should have played a good character like grandpa

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

quote:

22:55 LukeJohnson because you thought you could roy your way out of a bad decision

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Plasbad posted:

I just played about 10 For Glory games with the same person and I beat them as Bowser each time. They eventually changed their name to ICANTWIN and I started to feel sorry for them. :smith:

Bowser is good

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Plasbad posted:

Are there a lot of people who get sad or discouraged whenever they lose a lot? The thought always bothered me, because I feel like I'm a bad person if I don't let the other player win if they're not doing to great in online battles.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Theta Zero posted:

Are there a lot of people who get sad or discouraged whenever they lose a lot? The thought always bothered me, because I feel like I'm a bad person if I don't let the other player win if they're not doing to great in online battles.

I think that's a pretty natural reaction to constant losses, especially if there isn't any tangible sense of improvement. Like, if I'm getting beat, but am consistently getting a bit better with each match, I don't feel bad about it...but I hate it when I just get curbstomped repeatedly.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Getting beat a lot by someone better than me is one of my favorite things because I feel like it's the best way for me to learn.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plasbad posted:

Heavy characters are really hard for new players to deal with, and Bowser is the best of the heavy fighters.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

jivjov posted:

I think that's a pretty natural reaction to constant losses, especially if there isn't any tangible sense of improvement. Like, if I'm getting beat, but am consistently getting a bit better with each match, I don't feel bad about it...but I hate it when I just get curbstomped repeatedly.

I like finding the cool people in FG who stick around for more than just one match after its been established which of us is the better player and we just start loving around with other characters.

Oh and I never feel bad for players that constantly lose with Ness/Lucas' Up B. If you can't use it properly then DON'T PLAY AS THEM. Or at least get some practice in first.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Usually I just get really angry if I keep losing and it motivates me to try harder until I get at least one win, then I don't feel bad about the previous 20 losses.

^Also even if you master Ness and Lucas you will still sometimes fail to Up B correctly, especially if latency is being a serious problem in your matches. PK Thunder is a fickle ability sometimes.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Also some people like Villager, Rosie and other Nesses can just steal it!

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Also windboxes like G&Ws UAir can really disrupt your aim.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Oh and I never feel bad for players that constantly lose with Ness/Lucas' Up B. If you can't use it properly then DON'T PLAY AS THEM. Or at least get some practice in first.

Lucas still has decent recovery with Rope Snake, I guess

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sakurai looked at King Dedede and was like "what if we made his fsmash instant with literally no drawback" and that's how new Roy was born

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sakurai looked at King Dedede and was like "what if we made his fsmash instant with literally no drawback" and that's how new Roy was born

uhhhh the drawback is that you're not a penguin, who's also a king.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aston posted:

Roy is more powerful than Dedede

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

endlag on Roy's Fsmash is actually really big and easy to punish but it starts up quick

endlag on Roy's neutralB is almost nonexistant but it takes longer to start up in general and way longer to bring up to kill-power parity compared to Fsmash

endlag on Roy's Ftilt is really low and startup is really low and it's stronger than many char's Fsmashes but it has limited range.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Aston posted:

one of the two isn't bad

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It has a fairly long endlag if for some reason the roy missed and you didnt die

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tonetta posted:

It has a fairly long endlag if for some reason the roy missed and you didnt die

I guess I'm just scared of getting hit by it because whenever I dodge out of the way by the time I run back up it seems to be over.

I'm really bad at punishing :(

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Roy aint poo poo

"I can not lose, COME AT ME!!!"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Aston posted:

roy might be a penguin, no one has asked him as far as I know.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

TheKingofSprings posted:

Roy is more powerful than Dedede

not in the maelstrom that is the political landscape of Dreamland

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

roy might be a penguin, no one has asked him as far as I know.

his mom is a dragon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hachi machi

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

his mom is a dragon

Nobody actually played his game, because it was never released in english.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Spectral Debt posted:

Roy aint poo poo

"I can not lose, COME AT ME!!!"

This is true. Glad to see people supporting the rightful king, Lucina.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Right, but his mom isn't in his game (she died because dragons can't breathe human air). She's in 7.

If Roy is half dragon will he eventually die from the human air? God I hope so.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sharrrk posted:

his mom is a dragon

what goes on in Lyn and Eliwood's bedroom stays in Lyn and Eliwood's bedroom sharrrk

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is true. Glad to see people supporting the rightful king, Lucina.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Lucina is the best of the Fire Emblem fencers, but you have to respect Ike's command of his mighty blade the Suncleaver

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Let's go Cina

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

what goes on in Lyn and Eliwood's bedroom stays in Lyn and Eliwood's bedroom sharrrk

Do not speak that way about hector's wife

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

everyone played his dad's game though and that's where he met roy's mother, who is a dragon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hector married farina or w/e her name was. the one you have to bribe to recruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ruggington posted:

Do not speak that way about hector's wife

I'll say whatever I want about Eliwood.

• Locked thread