Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

gnarlyhotep posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654252&userid=166893#post441890059

Still haven't seen a pic of you, oddly enough. It's been about 7 months since you posted the parody of psyopmonkey above.

Maybe you're really ugly?

If so, it's ugly in a beautiful way ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

lodewijk posted:

If so, it's ugly in a beautiful way ...

yeah ugly on the inside

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654252&userid=166893#post441890059

Still haven't seen a pic of you, oddly enough. It's been about 7 months since you posted the parody of psyopmonkey above.

Maybe you're really ugly?

I am actually quite beautiful, and I am going to post my picture here very soon. I am unsure why you and spanish manlove are so frothingly mad at me but I figure it must have something to do with the fact that I have, on occassion, posted opinions to the effect that none of you should be moderators, because you are insecure bitch men without a sense of humor.

e: if you post your picture here, I promise I wlil call you beautiful, too. For every person is beautiful in their own way.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Minimalist Program posted:

I am going to post my picture in this thread extremely soon....

I am actually quite beautiful, and I am going to post my picture here very soon.

I don't believe you. Own up or shut up.

Please.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I don't believe you. Own up or shut up.

Please.

It's going to happen my friend.... very soon.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

I am actually quite beautiful, and I am going to post my picture here very soon. I am unsure why you and spanish manlove are so frothingly mad at me but I figure it must have something to do with the fact that I have, on occassion, posted opinions to the effect that none of you should be moderators, because you are insecure bitch men without a sense of humor.

e: if you post your picture here, I promise I wlil call you beautiful, too. For every person is beautiful in their own way.

I've already posted my picture here, many times, even before I was a moderator. But thanks for bringing that up. :agesilaus:

I look forward to seeing the pic you will never post, because you're ashamed of the way you look.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's going to happen my friend.... very soon.

Please don't lie, it's extremely impolite.

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?
What if MP posts their picture, does some crazy realistic self analysis, and promptly bones out of the thread?

I'm not saying this should happen, mind you. It's just playing out in my head.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

What guitar is that? e: you are of course beautiful, holding it.

It is a Fender Jaguar and thank you for the kind words, I felt beautiful at the time and it's great that that came through on the photograph.

Here is another photo of the guitar in colour so you can see it better

It's good to see the campers back here in force, it reminds me that I should try camping one day.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Did you get stung by a fatness bee?

I went camping.

Hoodie string inside zipper, dying inside to pull it back out

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I'm not sure how I feel about this hair.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

TheMostFrench posted:

I know we are all tempted to try using some instead of hair gel when we run out but you really shouldn't.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheMostFrench posted:

How is Snowy?

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

TheMostFrench posted:

:captainpop:

Tin tin didn't age very well.

sixth and maimed has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Aug 11, 2015

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

EmmyOk posted:

How is Snowy?

It should be no surprise that I thought Tin Tin was the best thing ever growing up.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

TheMostFrench posted:

It should be no surprise that I thought Tin Tin was the best thing ever growing up.

Tintin is great

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

TheMostFrench posted:

Well you're grown up now, so it's time to learn that things that look cool in drawings don't necessarily make any sense to replicate in real life.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Aardark posted:

Well you're grown up now, so it's time to learn that things that look cool in drawings don't necessarily make any sense to replicate in real life.

The gently caress you say.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

TheMostFrench posted:

Beaten like a thousand times but you should be renamed TheMostBelgian now

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Aug 11, 2015

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

TheMostFrench posted:

Are you from whoville?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

TheMostFrench posted:

Tintin is awesome and so I approve.

Also, MP is obviously a pink-haired anime girl.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Tintin is awesome and so I approve.

Also, MP is obviously a pink-haired anime girl.

I smell a mod challenge.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Deathslushie posted:

What if MP posts their picture, does some crazy realistic self analysis, and promptly bones out of the thread?

I'm not saying this should happen, mind you. It's just playing out in my head.

Deathslushie, I cannot offer you an analysis of self; at best, I can post certain meta-analytical considerations in support of an intuition that such an analysis would be impossible.

Basically, there is a sense of truth to the old saw that asking of a mind to investigate itself as epistemological object, is like asking of a knife that it cut itself. Any analysis I were to conduct on my own self as a result of my own cool selfie posted itt, would, I fear, end up fundamentally flawed. Not on an epistemological level but on on a methodological one. It's not that I would analyze the picture of myself wrong. Rather, it is that I would be wrong about what I take to constitute a picture of myself to begin with. And this prospect scares me. It scares me a lot. For if I cannot be methodologically sound about my own meta-cognitive properties, then what can I ever hope for my methods for general cognition of objects to produce? Knowledge? A persistent self across time? Hardly. So I am afraid. Not for what I might see, but for what I might see about my inability to see.

Deathslushie, I sense in your posts a mind with a capacity for the destruction of the self; It's a powerful drive and I am familiar with the urge to let it lose on the world. Certain kinds of glass sing under friction. But others simply break. So I am afraid that the maneuver you describe -- in which I post my own picture only to then turn the broadside cannons of my cerebral firepower on "it", on "myself" or on "minimalist program" (or whatever compound of properties we take to be represented by the physical arrangement of my facial features in combination with my history of posting words on this site) and turn those cannons towards the very hull that houses them as it were-- would not ultimately give us the satisfaction of me sinking myself; rather, it would quickly come to show the absurdity of the paradigmatic stance on "self as vessel of thinkings and properties" to begin with. You cannot turn a ship inside out and have it fire inwards. All you would accomplish by trying would be to prove that your understanding of the ontology of the vessel was flawed to begin with.

What you suggest I do, would destroy not me but the very notion that there is a "me" of which I can post a picture. And with that notion abolished, the premise of this present thread (that we can post pictures of our selves, ever,)which we all love and treasure, would soon fall. And we cannot have that. There are too many beautiful goons, with good eyes and wonderful hair.

Minimalist Program has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Aug 11, 2015

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

Your hair is beautiful, and interesting.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

It is a Fender Jaguar and thank you for the kind words, I felt beautiful at the time and it's great that that came through on the photograph.

Here is another photo of the guitar in colour so you can see it better

It's good to see the campers back here in force, it reminds me that I should try camping one day.

thats a kickass guitar. A friend of mine wanted to sell me a jazzmaster some years ago but I stupidly passed on it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This weekend I took a trip halfway across America and back. I'm no longer in dad mode for the rest of the year, and back to being a foul bachelor.

...ladies

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thats a kickass guitar. A friend of mine wanted to sell me a jazzmaster some years ago but I stupidly passed on it.

There will be other opportunities, don't be too hard on yourself buddy

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Choco1980 posted:

This weekend I took a trip halfway across America and back. I'm no longer in dad mode for the rest of the year, and back to being a foul bachelor.

...ladies

Glad to see youre still kickin!

:dance:

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

I'mmmm baaaaack.

And I was out again with the Family. Chinese food tastes better with out of town Aunts and Uncles in case you didn't know.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

shipwrek posted:

I'mmmm baaaaack.

And I was out again with the Family. Chinese food tastes better with out of town Aunts and Uncles in case you didn't know.

Where can I get a hat like that!?!

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

RFC2324 posted:

Where can I get a hat like that!?!

I wanted the fruit one but they were sold out :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
flora fedora

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Glad to see youre still kickin!

:dance:

Thanks. It's not for lack of trying, I assure you.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Just read through this whole thread, it's fun seeing goons!

This is me:

JK this is me:

Here is my gooniest outfit:

I climbed a mountain once, it was terrible:

I have two pups:

A bf:

My hair is purple now:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Are you sure your boyfriend isn't actually the goon

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
My doppelganger and I

I'll probably be posting camping pictures soon since this seems to be the place for them! Visitng Olympic National Park next week!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:swoon:

quote:

My hair is purple now:

It looks fantastic!

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

There will be other opportunities, don't be too hard on yourself buddy

I am glad to see your butt didn't kill you.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

The Joe Man posted:

Are you sure your boyfriend isn't actually the goon

With a moustache like that he's a Redditor for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I think I clean up okay, although on second glance me expression needs a minor smugectomy.