Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mount Lady and No. 13 could do well against groups, maybe even Present Mic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Roland Jones posted:

Todoroki and Kaminari's quirks. Both of them can hit massive areas with extremely dangerous elemental powers, and the latter's debut even demonstrated its great effectiveness while also having his allies have to hide from it because otherwise they would have been fried too.

Yeah, but those quirks are effective against groups because they are capable of hitting multiple targets, but the quirks themselves aren't necessarily more powerful than if they were to fight a single enemy.

I mean quirks where the user actually becomes more powerful when faced with multiple targets.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Copy guy. More opponents means more options for quirks to copy.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Piriwi posted:

Their teacher (Eraserhead) is very similar to Stain. Both good fighters with a quirk that disables their opponent. Stains quirk has a more powerful effect (total paralysis vs. cancel quirk), and although it is harder to apply, it can be used against multiple heroes at once. If I remember correctly Deku said that Eraserhead is actually quite powerful specifically against groups.

Eraserhead can only target one person at a time and the effect ends when he blinks or closes his eyes. He specifically designed his cloth style weapon to deal with group situations or where his quirk wouldn't apply - ie people who's quirks are constant power boosts or body modification/transformation.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Piriwi posted:

I mean quirks where the user actually becomes more powerful when faced with multiple targets.

lol, base a power around the inverse law of ninjas. Facing one guy the power sucks but facing a hundred it gets super-multiplied.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kinda wanna see Present Mic fight something. I like him as far as side characters go.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That reminds me, we should be getting the popularity poll results this week, right?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Kinda wanna see Present Mic fight something. I like him as far as side characters go.

Do we even know what his quirk is? Does he just have a naturally loud/booming voice or something?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ytlaya posted:

Do we even know what his quirk is? Does he just have a naturally loud/booming voice or something?
I don't know if they ever explained his quirk. I'm just guessing his is like that earphone girl's quirk and he can amplify his voice or something.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi apologized for loving up the panels I pasted above on twitter. For some reason I sort of feel bad.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
So my copy of vol. 1 arrived. Standard VIZ packaging. Nice though.

Dunno if there's a particular line anybody wants me to compare against the fan translation (the official being more accurate and polished), but I'm listening.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bad Seafood posted:

So my copy of vol. 1 arrived. Standard VIZ packaging. Nice though.

Dunno if there's a particular line anybody wants me to compare against the fan translation (the official being more accurate and polished), but I'm listening.

It's still "MIDORIYA, MY BOY", right?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Does All Might actually specify who did his bad injury or does he say it wasn't Hyper Venom Chainsaw? I've seen it both ways and am confused.

That was in the first few chapters wasn't it?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Zeruel posted:

It's still "MIDORIYA, MY BOY", right?
Is there a specific instance you're thinking of?

Stallion Cabana posted:

Does All Might actually specify who did his bad injury or does he say it wasn't Hyper Venom Chainsaw? I've seen it both ways and am confused.

That was in the first few chapters wasn't it?
"Five years ago...? Was that when you fought Toxic Chainsaw?"
"That lowlife? He could never do this to me!"

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Just as All Might's general greeting to Deku.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hmm, no, they changed it.

Seems to call him "Kid."

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Seems to call him "Kid."

Never support official english releases :colbert:

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Seems to call him "Kid."

If they call him Kiddo or a variation just as cheesy I'd accept it. It's no "my boy!" though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Also, this is neat. I dunno if I just never looked closely before, but the cover of vol. 1 is filled with pro heroes in the background. I always assumed it was Deku's fellow students, but there's Mount Lady, Eraser Head, Present Mic, Space Hero No. 13, Endeavor, Best Jeanist, and a bunch of others (including the principal).

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Eraserhead can only target one person at a time and the effect ends when he blinks or closes his eyes. He specifically designed his cloth style weapon to deal with group situations or where his quirk wouldn't apply - ie people who's quirks are constant power boosts or body modification/transformation.

He can target multiple people but the effect is limited to his line of sight.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brought To You By posted:

He can target multiple people but the effect is limited to his line of sight.

Also does nothing to 'natural ability'
It wont take away a person's strength if it wasnt a product of their quirk.

It's how Noumu wrecked him.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Bad Seafood posted:

Seems to call him "Kid."
Booooooooooooo!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Also does nothing to 'natural ability'
It wont take away a person's strength if it wasnt a product of their quirk.

It's how Noumu wrecked him.

No, if you have a quirk thats say "the body of hercules" where you have a buff greek god bod and matching strength and its constant, his quirk won't do poo poo.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It only works on (Su) rather than (Ex) abilities.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
He'd be able to turn off Zombieman or Tatsumaki's powers, but Saitama could still punch his head off.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
It works on active but not passive abilities.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Prison Warden posted:

He'd be able to turn off Zombieman or Tatsumaki's powers, but Saitama could still punch his head off.

Zombiemans is totally passive the gently caress you talking about.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyone know when we are finally going to learn the results of the popularity poll.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Todoroki is kind of an idiot. Stain's quirk is ridiculously powerful, it's just not consistent. Nevermind that the only hits anyone has landed on him have been surprise attacks.

Technically if you're alone all he has to do is hit you once and taste your blood and it's over.

Also Horikoshi needs to bop his editors on the head:

OOOOH I just reread this and realized we have it wrong.

Iida gets hit with 2 knives, the first one being the small one in the elbow/upper arm area, and the second one is that big hunting knife that pins his hand to the ground.

We were the ones that were wrong about it, Horikoshi just didn't draw it out clearly enough. Also it just goes from his hand to his arm in like, one panel, it's not that big a deal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Official's out, no poll results yet. How can it be this hard to count that all the votes are for Tsuyu?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Iida gets hit with 2 knives, the first one being the small one in the elbow/upper arm area, and the second one is that big hunting knife that pins his hand to the ground.

We were the ones that were wrong about it, Horikoshi just didn't draw it out clearly enough. Also it just goes from his hand to his arm in like, one panel, it's not that big a deal.

? Both of those knives look like the big hunting knife. He was hit by a smaller one as well, but it isn't shown in either of those panels.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Where did the knife in his hand go?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It's sort of a double gently caress up. In one panel the small blade is replaced with the one that hit closer to his hand, the small blade is nowhere to be seen and suddenly there's no blade stabbed close to his hand.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

Official's out, no poll results yet. How can it be this hard to count that all the votes are for Tsuyu?

As they were being tabulated, all the votes died while tiny votes suddenly shot out of their stomachs for Pinky.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ordered the first volume last weekend and it came today- it's nice to find something I enjoy enough to uh, not simply pirate all of it.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Mindblast posted:

It's sort of a double gently caress up. In one panel the small blade is replaced with the one that hit closer to his hand, the small blade is nowhere to be seen and suddenly there's no blade stabbed close to his hand.

Oh poo poo, now I see it. I thought it was just the big knife switching places, didn't realize the tiny knife also just sort of disappears off into a void.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Apparently the artist did a new poster for the Jump NEXT magazine for next week. Looks pretty bitching, All Might has more pouches than Liefeld.

http://i.imgur.com/DCJ0o6R.jpg

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
At least they are big enough to hold more than one bullet each

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The tacticoolest outfit ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn