Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Geizkragen posted:

A bartender in town for air wing?

Unfortunately no, attached to the current air wing, one of their printer jockeys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
PRD window slaps shut and I didn't get a quota. :toot: Now that I'm done, CTN opened the door to my year group and rank. To add insult to injury the department is forcing me to tutor the people now going to JCAC. Most have never even used a computer for more than Facebook. "So an IP is eight octets right?"

Also :lol: @ Coleman's bio.

"San Francisco Bay Area native Von R Coleman was born the day after his parents saw Star Wars for the first time"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Analogical posted:

PRD window slaps shut and I didn't get a quota. :toot: Now that I'm done, CTN opened the door to my year group and rank. To add insult to injury the department is forcing me to tutor the people now going to JCAC. Most have never even used a computer for more than Facebook. "So an IP is eight octets right?"

"San Francisco Bay Area native Von R Coleman was born the day after his parents saw Star Wars for the first time"

Ouch.
I take my e4 test in September. Guess I should study.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Ouch.

What's your rate again?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Analogical posted:

Welcome Aboard

Analogical
May 20, 2013

And yet we wonder why our cyber sucks. "Qualfied applicants? PFFFT. Let's take DUI guy and the DFL with no other options"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

What's your rate again?

IT. Would be kinda embarrassing to be the 1%.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

IT. Would be kinda embarrassing to be the 1%.

The trick to preparing for an E4 advancement exam is to simply show up the least wasted person.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Analogical posted:

The trick to preparing for an E4 advancement exam is to simply show up the least wasted person.

Pretty much.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i've heard of people not making it on the e-4 test. i'm pretty sure they didn't put their name on it or something.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Chuckle posted:

I'm here for the next month or so babysitting pilots.

I figured out where I work, and that my hours are basically whatever I want them to be most days. This base is tiny as gently caress, too. My last AD station was something like 80,000 people. This morning I waited on two cars at the gate.

What do people do for lunch around here? I can't really do poo poo until I get network access so I'm basically watching people read email all day for a while and will need to escape.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
Slanted Porch. Amazing sandwiches and salads.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Geizkragen posted:

Slanted Porch. Amazing sandwiches and salads.

That place is great, there's a Vietnamese restaurant (vinh pho I believe) that is pretty good, the wok is a good Chinese place with a great egg drop soup. There's also the Waterhole, has $1 tacos on Monday, and decent burritos.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Chuckle posted:

I'm here for the next month or so babysitting pilots.

CVW5 mid cruise Fallon det?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

ded posted:

i've heard of people not making it on the e-4 test. i'm pretty sure they didn't put their name on it or something.

Answered E to most of the questions.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

CVW5 mid cruise Fallon det?

That's the one, all month long.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you're an LNO or something like that we may cross paths. I'll be the guy who's loving worthless because I haven't learned my job yet or even gotten approved for computer access.

Chuckle posted:

That place is great, there's a Vietnamese restaurant (vinh pho I believe) that is pretty good, the wok is a good Chinese place with a great egg drop soup. There's also the Waterhole, has $1 tacos on Monday, and decent burritos.

I've driven past VN Pho a few times...it's on my list to try. Good suggestions. Mongolian at the o-club is actually pretty good.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

LingcodKilla posted:

Ouch.

I thought you were a reservist? My advancement exam is August 22/23, I thought our exams were a month before/after active?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

squarerandom posted:

I thought you were a reservist? My advancement exam is August 22/23, I thought our exams were a month before/after active?

No idea I just got an email from my LCPO that I'm testing on the Sunday of my September drill weekend because Saturday is some readiness review?

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Godholio posted:

If you're an LNO or something like that we may cross paths. I'll be the guy who's loving worthless because I haven't learned my job yet or even gotten approved for computer access.

I've driven past VN Pho a few times...it's on my list to try. Good suggestions. Mongolian at the o-club is actually pretty good.

As an enlisted I will never be allowed to grace the O-Club and am stuck with the flightline grill/bar or subway

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Chuckle posted:

That's the one, all month long.

I'm doing that one too, but my flight out of NI hasn't left yet so I'm just hungover/chillin in San Diego.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Chuckle posted:

As an enlisted I will never be allowed to grace the O-Club and am stuck with the flightline grill/bar or subway

Proles seem to be allowed into the lunch section. The O-section was closed off. There were plenty of Es there for Mongolian today (price is based on weight, FYI). I don't know how their other food is, or if its every day or what though.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

I'm doing that one too, but my flight out of NI hasn't left yet so I'm just hungover/chillin in San Diego.

I was lucky enough to get flown off the boat early to attempt to get things setup ahead of time. and I stand corrected on the O-Club, but I will definitely avoid it, I see enough of our officers on a day to day basis.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Chuckle posted:

"Silver State Dining Facility" or whatever is the right side of the o-club building, but it's the all hands galley replacement. Mongolian is every couple of weeks, and the rest of the time it's relatively good galley-style food. On base you also have the bowling alley, which does decent pizza and extremely "meh" sandwiches.

VN Pho is good Vietnamese. Azteca is good for burritos and other Mexican staples. Courtyard Cafe has good breakfast and lunch. And it's a bit farther west up highway 50, but Squeezy's is a little diner literally attached to the livestock exchange and it's got great, greasy diner fare.

And if you want all-you-can-eat sushi in the middle of the desert, look no further than The Wok on main street.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Chuckle posted:

Nobles and civilians with the appropriate rank can take you.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Seperation orders in hand.

Later Navy.

Boon fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 12, 2015

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Indubitably.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Chuckle posted:

I was lucky enough to get flown off the boat early to attempt to get things setup ahead of time. and I stand corrected on the O-Club, but I will definitely avoid it, I see enough of our officers on a day to day basis.

I'm going to be giving certain people weird looks now...

Your command doesn't have a Q in it anywhere does it?

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

I'm going to be giving certain people weird looks now...

Your command doesn't have a Q in it anywhere does it?

I'm one of the IT's attached to CAG from 77

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Chuckle posted:

I'm one of the IT's attached to CAG from 77

I have like no friends in 77 so you're safe.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Boon posted:

Seperation orders in hand.

Later Navy.

Everything listed look like an improvement.

I hate the sea and everything in it

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

"Silver State Dining Facility" or whatever is the right side of the o-club building, but it's the all hands galley replacement. Mongolian is every couple of weeks, and the rest of the time it's relatively good galley-style food. On base you also have the bowling alley, which does decent pizza and extremely "meh" sandwiches.

VN Pho is good Vietnamese. Azteca is good for burritos and other Mexican staples. Courtyard Cafe has good breakfast and lunch. And it's a bit farther west up highway 50, but Squeezy's is a little diner literally attached to the livestock exchange and it's got great, greasy diner fare.

And if you want all-you-can-eat sushi in the middle of the desert, look no further than The Wok on main street.

Please don't tell me Mean Gene's is no longer. :negative:

JulianD
Dec 4, 2005
I'm stationed at a shore duty right now, and I'm currently the bull ensign for my command. I'm looking for some good pranks to pull on the XO that are a) legal and b) won't get me masted. Any suggestions?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

vulturesrow posted:

It may be, I definitely haven't heard of it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

JulianD posted:

I'm stationed at a shore duty right now, and I'm currently the bull ensign for my command. I'm looking for some good pranks to pull on the XO that are a) legal and b) won't get me masted. Any suggestions?

You could saran wrap his entire desk/chair.

But who the gently caress cares about a bull at a shore command. Also why the gently caress are you on shore duty as an ensign?

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

JulianD posted:

I'm stationed at a shore duty right now, and I'm currently the bull ensign

I can feel the vast, undirected spite of a million SWOs trying to punch you in the face from here.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

I'm a semen, I mean Seaman, I haven't been a semen for 20 years.

JulianD posted:

What base?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

I don't see it on google maps. Where is/was it? I'll take a look.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Wow Fallon is even smaller than I imagined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That was my reaction too. Even moreso when I checked out Fernley.

• Locked thread