Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What are some good, ammo efficient secondaries? I'm building a soma, and I get the feeling I am going to need a backup option pretty regularly.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Redeemer. :getin:

(It's sort of a secondary gun. And it has unlimited ammo so it's super efficient.)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
(Vaykor) Marelock, Lex (Prime).

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What are some good, ammo efficient secondaries? I'm building a soma, and I get the feeling I am going to need a backup option pretty regularly.

Brakk if you have it. Otherwise atomos or vaykor marelok.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Atomos feels like cheating. You just point it in a direction and anything in that general area falls over.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Collateral Damage posted:

Atomos feels like cheating. You just point it in a direction and anything in that general area falls over.

double up with amprex so you're a continual area of death no matter what you're shooting with

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Redeemer. :getin:

(It's sort of a secondary gun. And it has unlimited ammo so it's super efficient.)

If only my argon won't have decayed before I can finish building the Vasto and dual skana.

Is there any market for prime parts that have been removed from the drop table? I wanted to finish my Dakra Prime, but I still need the blade (I think). I also have 2/3 Nova prime parts.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

22 Eargesplitten posted:

If only my argon won't have decayed before I can finish building the Vasto and dual skana.

Is there any market for prime parts that have been removed from the drop table? I wanted to finish my Dakra Prime, but I still need the blade (I think). I also have 2/3 Nova prime parts.

There is a market. but prices are rightly super inflated.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Okay. Kind of cool, then. Is Nova prime amazingly better than normal Nova? If not, I might try to sell my Nova Prime parts, buy a Dakra prime part, and buy a slot/Excalibur with the proceeds. Or is there a better Excalibur weapon than the Dakra Prime? My understanding is he gets +10% attack speed and damage with single swords.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Mire is good with Excalibur, esp. with the Loka augment.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I think I've got a Blade if you want it. What's your In Game?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If you're already building a Vasto, be sure to give the Akvasto a try. They strike a nice balance between power and speed, and make great backups on everything but the most high-level, target-rich missions.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Okay. Kind of cool, then. Is Nova prime amazingly better than normal Nova? If not, I might try to sell my Nova Prime parts, buy a Dakra prime part, and buy a slot/Excalibur with the proceeds. Or is there a better Excalibur weapon than the Dakra Prime? My understanding is he gets +10% attack speed and damage with single swords.

Nova Prime is ill-suited to the speed nova build (she has three V polarities and that build can barely make use of two), which probably stops it from being amazingly better.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Thranguy posted:

Nova Prime is ill-suited to the speed nova build (she has three V polarities and that build can barely make use of two), which probably stops it from being amazingly better.

Still piss easy to build for speed nova (and you can always forma); also base state increases makes her better flat out.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Finished last forma. Now I won't have to forma Excalibur for now!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I think I've got a Blade if you want it. What's your In Game?

Eargesplitten. I'll need to make sure I didn't screw up and actually need the handle. Do they cycle all of the primes out eventually? It seems like all of the prime parts I have from early 2014 are no longer dropped.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Kyte posted:

Mire is good with Excalibur, esp. with the Loka augment.

Yeah, I did a breakdown of "blade" weapons that are compatible with Excal's bonus and also have a corresponding Syndicate Weapon Augment.

Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585612&pagenumber=743&perpage=40#post447759373

BeAuMaN posted:

Thanks. I found that on the wiki. Ends up it's 10% Damage and 10% Attack Speed for wielding any Longsword, Dual Swords, or Nikanas

I couldn't find anywhere where it says any Weapon. Going backwards looking trough the hotfix and update notes, I found the following:

"Fixed Exalted Blade not properly gaining Excalibur’s passive upgrades with the proper melee weapon equipped."

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/480637-update-16100/

So... going off the assumptions that the wiki is correct...

For melee weapon candidates, the ones with syndicate augments are:
Longswords (One-handed swords?):
Prisma Skana/Skana Prime: Bright Purity, +100% Melee Damage, Corrosive Blast + 25% Max Health/25% Max Health Restore Burst
Mire: Toxic Blight, +100% Extra Toxin Damage, Viral Burst + 25% Max Energy Restore/10% Movement Speed Burst
Jaw Sword: Blade of Truth, +100% Melee Damage, Gas Burst + 25% Max Health Restore/100% Max Stamina Increase Burst

Dual Swords:
Prisma Dual Cleavers: Justice Blades, +100% Melee Damage, Blast Blast + 25% Max Health Restore/25% Max Armor Increase Burst

Does Energy Drain tend to be a problem? If So, Mire seems like a top candidate.

Though Naleesh believes that the "10% Damage/Attack Speed Bonus" just gets rolled into any weapon equipped by Excal. I have no idea, other than I had to dig through reddit to find anything that said otherwise, and I'm too lazy to test :effort:.

Though talking to others, Energy drain doesn't tend to be much of an issue with most of their Excal builds, so Mire wasn't top candidate afterall, except for the nice things Viral does on bursts. The 100% Toxin bonus damage gets converted to basically physical damage afaik. I think I'd be partial to Prisma Dual Cleavers personally, as having a Blast Proc trigger in a radius is very useful.

Hope that helps!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Aesis posted:

Finished last forma. Now I won't have to forma Excalibur for now!

Nonsense. You've still got six mod points you aren't using. Or five if you don't want to reduce the duration any further.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Man how do you guys get the fusion core to max out so many Rank 10 mods? I've been playing this game on/off for almost 3 years and I still haven't maxed out Serration.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

These days they hang out on Trition, which gives nice cores out pretty regularly. I don't do that often, so I'm probably never going to max Serration either, much less Primed Anything.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Man how do you guys get the fusion core to max out so many Rank 10 mods? I've been playing this game on/off for almost 3 years and I still haven't maxed out Serration.

I too struggle with cores, but I maxed out Serration from the Tubemen event alone. That was the event to be there for. I pulled in...
200 Silver R5 Cores
150 Gold R5 Cores
200k Credits
1 Orokin Catalyst BP

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

I too struggle with cores, but I maxed out Serration from the Tubemen event alone. That was the event to be there for. I pulled in...
200 Silver R5 Cores
150 Gold R5 Cores
200k Credits
1 Orokin Catalyst BP

This highlights pretty much my biggest problem with DE's methods.

Events are great and all, but if you miss them or are taking a break from the game you get put so far behind the curve that you'll almost never catch up.

They had a good idea with putting the event mods on Vor, but I feel like they need to make the rest more available in some capacity. Unless I'm missing something and there's ways to get them that don't cost hundreds of plat.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I like the Vasto and the Acrid. Both pack a punch and are very accurate.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Events are great and all, but if you miss them or are taking a break from the game you get put so far behind the curve that you'll almost never catch up.

They had a good idea with putting the event mods on Vor, but I feel like they need to make the rest more available in some capacity. Unless I'm missing something and there's ways to get them that don't cost hundreds of plat.

The quest system was supposed to be a way to distribute event mods and other rewards.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Toxin mods are from Vor.
Electric mods are/were from the void trader.
Fire and Cold mods are rewards from running spy missions.

The slash, impact, and puncture mods are a different story though I think. You can get the slash mods from the tactical alert emergency exit that is currently on the PS4, but droprates are pretty pathetic and it is a long as hell mission so enjoy your sanity while you can.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I got Fanged Fusillade from Emergency Exit.

Then I realized it was boring and terrible, so I paid a goon 100p for Buzzkill.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us

Black_Oni 165 posted:

You can get the slash mods from the tactical alert emergency exit that is currently on the PS4, but droprates are pretty pathetic and it is a long as hell mission so enjoy your sanity while you can.

Lies. They never drop. All is lost. All is looooost~

More seriously, fourteen runs of that drat mission, not counting the ones where pubbiefail resulted in missionfail, and not a sign of the slash mods.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I gifted the entire set of event slash mods to Mistikman, for free.

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
Decided to try this out, its quite good actually, and dropping with pubbies is of course the most fun..

So are there any eurogoons in here playing in my timezone GMT. At relatively low levels that might want to join me for a few rounds ?

Poke me on steam if youre up for it, im in the good group or just add me, im panboy there like everywhere else.

Panboy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 11, 2015

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Anyone have a Prisma Skana they'd be willing to sell to me?

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

quote:

Take excalibur to the relay. Go to practice the the MR text to reach rank 10 ( the one with the falling platforms).
when the test starts, use exalted blade and fall of the platform until you have one try left. Then use exalted blade to kill an enemy. Fall off the platform one last time to fail the test.
At the mission failed screen it should show your melee weapon being maxed out.
All the mod slots will be available, but it won't show up in your profile as being maxed out or apply to your MR until you complete any mission while using the weapon and excalibur.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Terbulus posted:

Take excalibur to the relay...At the mission failed screen it should show your melee weapon being maxed out.

:ughh: This should be hilarious.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I foresee mountains of bans and butthurt, assuming you can go back to old mastery trainings.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'd be pretty surprised if they handed out any bans, considering the hilarious exploits they've had in the past that didn't result in any.

Also I know you haven't played in a while, so I'll tell you that yes, you can in fact revisit old mastery tests (as well as practice the next one) via Cephalon Simaris in the relays.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yo you can get a kuria for your liset if you find all the lines in the poem.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

You don't need to kill anything. Just walk off three times with Exalted Blade active.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Maim hits Sonar weak points.

Equinox now has a purpose.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Any Australians play this game? I think this game is designed around being in a team. Also, anyone have any advice for those wave missions regarding knowing when to pull out? I seem to go from "ok, this is getting difficult now" immediately to "oh cool my weapons do no damage" and I get downed in around 3 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

redweird posted:

Any Australians play this game? I think this game is designed around being in a team. Also, anyone have any advice for those wave missions regarding knowing when to pull out? I seem to go from "ok, this is getting difficult now" immediately to "oh cool my weapons do no damage" and I get downed in around 3 seconds.
It depends on Wave and your weapons. Each wave enemy level goes up, and generally you want to pull out when enemy level hits 50+ if your weapon does good dps. Also at the end of each wave cycle (4 for Interception, 20 for Defense) the reward is the best so you want to pull out at the end of first cycle if you can't handle it.