Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Arizona apparently offered CJ2k a contract. gently caress that backfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Speaking of gently caress that backfield, Andrew Mason (who writes for DenverBroncos.com), says CJA is going to be "RB1A" in a 1A/1B situation.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Spoeank posted:

Speaking of gently caress that backfield, Andrew Mason (who writes for DenverBroncos.com), says CJA is going to be "RB1A" in a 1A/1B situation.

This directly contradicts everything Kubiak has said publicly this pre-season, as well as most of his career coaching offenses. He never has timeshares, especially when one back (Anderson) is clearly the most reliable and well rounded.

In fact, just Friday Kubiak said, "if a guy goes out there and he show he can play three downs, can protect the quarterback, and can handle it, then he should stay out there."

I don't get why people are spending so much effort trying to find flaws with Anderson when he's in the exact same position as Jeremy Hill, with just as little chance of him losing his job. I know Denver had some depth chart antics at RB last year (I drafted Ball in a cash league after all), but John Fox is in Chicago now, and Gary Kubiak doesn't believe in timeshares. Case closed.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone ever used the following website for assisting with drafts?

http://www.borischen.co/2015/08/2015-fantasy-football-draft-kit-ppr.html

I remember seeing this last season, but don't remember if it got a lot of traction...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ZIGfried posted:

Are you using 2014 Bryant/Murray as a reason not to draft an RB/WR combo from the same team? Cause as a Bryant/Murray owner last year I've got to say it was pretty great.

Basically it makes no sense to say "These guys are top 8 if they're on different fantasy teams but treat them like top 15 if they're both on the same team."

It was good together but the issue with going RB/WR on the same team is if the team's offense duds at all, or focuses too much on one player one week, you're going to be screwed. My friend was doing all right with it all year with the combo but all his losses came when the Cowboys either didn't score that great or focused on either the run game or pass game exclusively. Basically what I'm saying is I believe it's smarter to take a RB and WR from different teams so you thin out your chance of them dudding on the same week. Fantasy isn't about scoring the most points overall, there's been plenty of times where I'm the point leader during the regular season and either squeak into the playoffs or lose first round, it's about scoring the most consistent points so you don't suddenly lose in the crapshoot playoff situation that is fantasy football.

cheese posted:

What are you talking about? He was the #1 fantasy WR in 2013 and then spent the majority of 2014 banned. How is that "one good year and one garbage year"? By that logic, AP is garbage and you shouldn't take him. I mean poo poo, he barely had any points last season!

Your "don't draft good players on bad teams" advice is both silly and provably inaccurate. The quality of a players team is just one more factor that should go into your assessment of their value along with injury history, personal changes at other positions, etc.

What are you talking about? Did you even follow Gordon last year? Him being banned during the season still meant he was able to come back and 'contribute' on teams that kept him. I kept him, he came back week 12, did well, came back week 13, did slightly less well, came back and finished out the playoffs of weeks 13-15 and dudded like a North Korean warhead. He was a good player on a dogshit offense. You can point at him being 'out of shape' or 'rusty' but that's stupid bullshit. He was practicing with the Browns all year, he had the playbook all year, he was in football shape all year. He came back and did nothing because the Browns had pure poo poo at the QB position and no run game at all, so surprise surprise he got blanketed and couldn't do normal 2013 stuff that made him the best receiver in fantasy. That's what happens at the NFL level; opposing defenses just don't sit around and let your star player run wild. They lock him down with over and underneath coverage, they give up plays to your scrubs instead. It's so weird that people have such a difficulty grasping this concept then lament when their surefire fantasy stud from last year has a big downswing from first round value to 4th or 5th round value. Or their 4th/5th round value player is suddenly a 500 yard producing scrub.

I'd say the quality of the team is the most important factor but of course I agree that age and injury history matters too. You saying personnel changes at other positions just agrees with my argument, but whatever. I think the inability to even cede a little bit that good player on good team will usually have more chances to put up points than good player on bad team is mind boggling. Your first four picks are your most valuable! You can't gamble on your WR1, RB1, or your next two picks that will hopefully be confident picks that you can trot out every week. You don't want your third or fourth round picks to be gambles, you want sure fire scorers there. Once you start delving into your late QB picks or 2nd/3rd WR/RBs, then you can start gambling on the T.J. Yeldons and Latavius Murrays of the world.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Gordon wasn't an early round pick ever so I really don't understand why you're being so dense here.

Waivers, 8th+, 12th+. those are about his last few years in fantasy.

Remember when Gordon would get locked down against NE and then he went nuts? With QB poison Jason Campbell throwing to him?

But you keep loving that chicken.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Funny how you guys are using Josh Gordon as an example.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/85179/josh-gordons-twitter-levity-eases-sting-of-false-report

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
A reminder that everybody is still sleeping on the following dudes and you should scoop them up in the back half of your drafts: Stevie Johnson, Chris Ivory, TWest, Kenny Stills, Brandon LaFell, Breshad Perriman, Ryan Tannehill, Delanie Walker.

It also seems crazy to me that Fantasypros ADP has Abdullah as the RB34. I think he's a top 20 back this year, and is my pick for the best rookie RB this season (long term still probably Gurley though).

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

A reminder that everybody is still sleeping on the following dudes and you should scoop them up in the back half of your drafts: Stevie Johnson, Chris Ivory, TWest, Kenny Stills, Brandon LaFell, Breshad Perriman, Ryan Tannehill, Delanie Walker.

It also seems crazy to me that Fantasypros ADP has Abdullah as the RB34. I think he's a top 20 back this year, and is my pick for the best rookie RB this season (long term still probably Gurley though).

I think everybody is on the Tannehill bandwagon. I wouldn't even consider him a sleeper anymore.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Also reports surfacing that Arian Foster will miss "at worst" the first 8 games. So take that as you will.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ryan Tannehill is getting the same treatment Allen Robinson was getting a couple months ago. Hype helium pulling him out of great sleeper value.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

It sounds like that league is just playing with the idea of going full IDP. Those scoring settings are not very engaging. Sacks are typically between 2-3 points and give elite defensive lineman a chance to complete with good linebackers. If you're not the first to pick an IDP (like Lavonte David) then don't bother grabbing an IDP until the end, then stream them the rest of the year until you land the magical Unknown Stud (last year it was Chris Borland).

Check the Goontier thread for our take on IDP. It's base enough to make IDP more than an afterthought, and we just amped up the touchdowns so that big plays IRL become big plays for fantasy.

How does it compare to this scoring system which is a minor tweak of the PFF one done a few years ago? I'm looking at IDP scoring for the cheater league.

Skull Knight posted:

Anyone ever used the following website for assisting with drafts?

http://www.borischen.co/2015/08/2015-fantasy-football-draft-kit-ppr.html

I remember seeing this last season, but don't remember if it got a lot of traction...

Yeah, Boris is a pretty awesome guy. I've been meaning to learn how he does the mixture model so I can apply it to tiering with BeerSheets.

TommyGun85 posted:

I am not familiar with your beersheets. is there any explanation required forhow they are intended to be used. I can not use the search function.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/3g5aek/beersheets_20150807/

Spoeank posted:

Ryan Tannehill is getting the same treatment Allen Robinson was getting a couple months ago. Hype helium pulling him out of great sleeper value.

So glad I traded for him earlier this year. :getin:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

I think everybody is on the Tannehill bandwagon. I wouldn't even consider him a sleeper anymore.

Yeah you might be right. FFC mocks have him going in the 11th round but FantasyPros ADP says he's going about 4 rounds earlier. 11th is a steal, 7th is too high. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah you might be right. FFC mocks have him going in the 11th round but FantasyPros ADP says he's going about 4 rounds earlier. 11th is a steal, 7th is too high. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.

I think in a 12 team league you almost would have to go for him in the 7th or 8th just because he's going to be on 9 team's radars going into those rounds and owners are going to be scared that he won't be around the next time they pick because they also know everybody wants him.

You could probably late 2 rounds and end up with Phillip Rivers.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Forever_Peace posted:

Aim for Dalton or Bradford instead; nobody wants them and they both have a reasonable shot of midtier QB1 performances this season.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

:lol: Jets

Fitzmagic time!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Geno Smith was just sucker punched in a locker room brawl, and will be out 6-10 weeks.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

By a third team LB no less. He probably didn't even connect with the punch before being cut.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So glad I traded for him earlier this year. :getin:

:sweatdrop:

and lmao jets. good job being the jets.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Lmao

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the LB just wanted to give the jets a chance to win :unsmith:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forever_Peace posted:

Johnson is actually in a really good spot and I can see him being a really solid late round pick for someone. It all depends on how in love they are with spelling Allen with Johnson instead of starting Johnson opposite Allen.

Chris Ivory is a garbage heap RB that continuously tricks people into drafting his 60 yard rear end every year. The Jets are supposedly making him a better pass catcher but I'm subjected to 16 Jets games a year in my market and all I can tell you is lol. Don't take him.

TWest is alright but no one likes him on that team and he's going to either outright lose carries to Crowell and Johnson or get cut before preseason is over. His best bet for fantasy value is to become a handcuff on a competitor.

Kenny Stills is a fantastic WR that might see his targets dropped as Tannehill isn't as great as going through his reads as Brees is. Stills also will lose a lot of routes to Landry and even Parker when he comes back. I don't see him being fantasy relevant other than the first few weeks of Parker getting eased into the starting offense.

Brandon LaFell is a great late round flier and might even be good with JimmyG at the helm.

Breshard Perriman is also a guy that might be hugely productive as a rookie. I was saying that he plays exactly like Torrey Smith when we were looking at WRs in the draft this year and then he ended up going into Torrey Smith's offense. He's got stone hands though so I can see a lot of frustration with him like last year's Kelvin Benjamin, he also probably won't be around that late in smart leagues.

Ryan Tannehill isn't a sleeper, he's like the 5th-8th QB off the board.

Delanie Walker is hot garbage.

Abdullah's success relies on Joique Bell. Abdullah is a shifty scat back that can catch passes out of the backfield but isn't that great of a pass protector, so I can see him losing a lot of touches during the year. He is my favorite to produce this year after Tevin Coleman though, seeing how Gurley is stuck in a really nasty timeshare of coaches not wanting him to destroy his ACL again and having Tre Mason, who isn't a slouch in the least bit at RB.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
also lmao geno

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I need some help setting my scoring settings on MyFantasyLeague, if possible.

I have all the categories set except two which I'm not sure how to set using MFL. With yahoo, our scoring allowed for 3 and outs, and 4th down stops for defensive points. Does anyone know which categories those are for MFL? I'm assuming its 4th down conversions applied to defense, but I'm not sure. I can only find 3rd down conversions for 3rd down scoring, but nothing about 3 and out. Am I just SOL on those two categories?

Shameless re-post.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
J, E, T, S, SUCK SUCK SUCK

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The 49ers have dusted the dirt off the seat next to them and with great effort manage to lift a heavy hand to beckon the Jets over.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How does it compare to this scoring system which is a minor tweak of the PFF one done a few years ago? I'm looking at IDP scoring for the cheater league.

Just my preference here, but that system you linked to is over-powered. TDs in any situation should rightfully merit 6 points (including any TDs scored by an IDP), but to award 4 points for forced fumbles and sacks is too much. Those things don't actually put points on the board and shouldn't be worth more than a field goal, which actually puts points on the board.

Personally, I like IDP when they are not quite as powerful as offensive skill positions, but still dangerous enough to swing a game in your favor (thank u Robert Quinn for the memories).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

Delanie Walker is hot garbage.

This is the worst opinion ever posted

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Just my preference here, but that system you linked to is over-powered. TDs in any situation should rightfully merit 6 points (including any TDs scored by an IDP), but to award 4 points for forced fumbles and sacks is too much. Those things don't actually put points on the board and shouldn't be worth more than a field goal, which actually puts points on the board.

Personally, I like IDP when they are not quite as powerful as offensive skill positions, but still dangerous enough to swing a game in your favor (thank u Robert Quinn for the memories).

I like those settings he linked. Too often leagues have IDP scoring so low that they're an after thought, and then what's even the point. Make IDP scoring as good as offensive scoring so that there are more viable strategies for teams (i.e., go Watt and Kuechly vs. Dez and Rodgers vs. Gronk and Cobb for your first two start up picks).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

A thirty year old borderline starter used exclusively as a TE2 for most of his career who only went above 500 yards twice and 5 tds once, and last year was good for about 4 catches and 40 yards a game with 4 tds sprinkled across a 16 game season?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Metapod posted:

I'm kind of curious for opinions on Walker. He's going around the same time as Jordan Cameron and Dwayne Allen. He should see better QB play, but is he any good?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Delanie Walker TE2 behind noted scrublord Vernon Davis for most of his career.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

A thirty year old borderline starter used exclusively as a TE2 for most of his career who only went above 500 yards twice and 5 tds once, and last year was good for about 4 catches and 40 yards a game with 4 tds sprinkled across a 16 game season?

Spoeank posted:

Delanie Walker TE2 behind noted scrublord Vernon Davis for most of his career.

Plus Clipboard loving Jesus started multiple games last year and touchdowns vary year to year for everyone.

Also how is a top 3 balance tight end a borderline starter or are you talking about fantasy starter?

Metapod fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 11, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ayudo posted:

I'm kind of curious for opinions on Walker. He's going around the same time as Jordan Cameron and Dwayne Allen. He should see better QB play, but is he any good?

Of the three Cameron had the biggest upside, but his concussion history is downright scary (concussions are one case where injury history actually is pretty predictive of future risk). DAllen has Fleener to contend with but will have boom bust potential. I like Walker as a red zone target and safety blanket for Mariota as he gains NFL experience.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Forever_Peace posted:

Of the three Cameron had the biggest upside, but his concussion history is downright scary (concussions are one case where injury history actually is pretty predictive of future risk). DAllen has Fleener to contend with but will have boom bust potential. I like Walker as a red zone target and safety blanket for Mariota as he gains NFL experience.

I've had Cameron the last two years, and would draft him again despite his numerous injuries and mixed production cause I'm dumb like that. I'm planning to pair one of those three with old man Gates or Eifert for my TE production this year. Just a matter of who's got the best value.

Dwayne and Cameron probably have the best red zone and QB situations. But, I think Walker can be had just a bit later then either of them.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

Plus Clipboard loving Jesus started multiple games last year and touchdowns vary year to year for everyone.

Also how is a top 3 balance tight end a borderline starter or are you talking about fantasy starter?

Top 3 balance tight end? Are you basically trying to just say the same thing as me, that he's not going to put up big receiving yards and tds because he's a blocker?

Forever_Peace posted:

Safety blanket TEs fool people year in and year out. Really the TE position just sucks past Gronk and Graham and everyone is pretty interchangeable. I'd rather gamble on a Cameron and his concussions than a turd producer like most of the TEs in the later rounds.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Doltos posted:

Top 3 balance tight end? Are you basically trying to just say the same thing as me, that he's not going to put up big receiving yards and tds because he's a blocker?

Safety blanket TEs fool people year in and year out. Really the TE position just sucks past Gronk and Graham and everyone is pretty interchangeable. I'd rather gamble on a Cameron and his concussions than a turd producer like most of the TEs in the later rounds.

I agree. Bottom line is TEs need TD production to be relevant. Last year took a ton of trades before Gates won me my championship. Cameron, Clay, and Davis all let me down with injuries or dick fingers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

What I'm saying is walker is a non-specialist tight end. He catches and blocks really well and the only thing holding him back from being a top fantasy play (not gronk or graham levels) is consistent qb play

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

What I'm saying is walker is a non-specialist tight end. He catches and blocks really well and the only thing holding him back from being a top fantasy play (not gronk or graham levels) is consistent qb play

Yeah and I'm saying he's a garbage fire fantasy TE because his ceiling is like a Greg Olsen's season last year, which still wasn't good enough to really distinguish him. Also Mariota isn't the type to dump it off to the TE, he usually targets his RBs like he did in Oregon, but he does hit his TEs a lot in the end zone (6 times last year), so there's a possibility that Delanie becomes fantasy relevant this year. That's a big if though because I think the Titans will have a lot of trouble getting into the red zone or scoring this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

Yeah and I'm saying he's a garbage fire fantasy TE because his ceiling is like a Greg Olsen's season last year, which still wasn't good enough to really distinguish him. Also Mariota isn't the type to dump it off to the TE, he usually targets his RBs like he did in Oregon, but he does hit his TEs a lot in the end zone (6 times last year), so there's a possibility that Delanie becomes fantasy relevant this year. That's a big if though because I think the Titans will have a lot of trouble getting into the red zone or scoring this year.

I'm so confused. Last year in 0.5 PPR at least, Walker was TE 7 and Olsen was TE 4. Are you complaining that a non-Gronk, non-Graham TE has a ceiling of TE 4 and that that isn't somehow a good thing? Are you saying TE 7 is not fantasy relevant? Last year among TEs, Walker was 4th in yardage, 10th in receptions, and was tied for 7th on TDs. In a league with more than 6 teams, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the 7th best TE was fantasy-relevant.

• Locked thread