Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Fishious posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are future school shooters posting there.

They spend hours arguing about the optimal rotation to shoot the most students but never actually go through with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Did 2.0 have as much maintenance and emergency maintenance as we've had for Heavensward?

nuru fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 11, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Finally, a good OF post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/167555-HYUR-LOWLANDER-RACE-CAN-I-HAVE-IT

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Psychodin posted:

Uh yeah I kinda have realized I'm dumb. and antisocial, but where the hell was this quoted from? Cause that's just amazing, and awful.

Seriously, that was quite a combination there. :psyduck:

Surprised the dude hasn't vote disbanded his marriage if he's so concerned over bad players at cap.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Whizbang posted:

They spend hours arguing about the optimal rotation to shoot the most students but never actually go through with it.

They never go through with it because cast bars were added to their shots.

Edit: I'm sure someone here has cataloged mentally ill OF posts does anyone remember that one guy who complained about toxic players and said his wife started dry heaving into the toilet because she caused a toto-rak run to wipe or some poo poo? Utterly surreal.

Fishious fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 11, 2015

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

This game is too easy, which is bad. Also ASTs are harder than other jobs, which is bad.

e: Voice chat only, no text chat :psyduck:

Duskv20
Sep 4, 2011

Faded Savior
Whooooo I just discovered this thread and D A M N is there a lot to go through. Glad to be here though. I'm on Zalera, I run an awesome FC, I'm pleased to meet ya. :D

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

brokenknee posted:

as someone who demands that the loving index finger feel the indent, i cannot condone this course of action.

Uh. But the indent is on F not D???

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm a big fan of guns but this safety thing they added is just the worst.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Any posts by Skizzleofragnarok are undoubtedly trolls. He's the new WeiShan of the OF.

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads

Lord Psychodin posted:

Sooo...Tenzarin is legitimately a good reason as to why I've backed away from group content in this game in general, right?
Not really, he was kind of a dick at first (like most goons), but then he backed up with anaysis and he and KaneTW had a nice discussion.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Yoship on AST. http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/11085705.html

quote:

The current problem with Astrologians is the luck based party buffs and lack of healing potency compared to other healers. One step forward may lead to overpowering Astrologians so it's taking time to finalise the decision for balancing issues. Since Astrologians can switch stances before combat, there's a possibility people will start using two Astrologians in the same stance instead of other healers so they need to be careful. They are almost complete with collecting the data so after watching over savage for a week or two they will start considering solutions which won't crush the current balance.

The reason why they are being so cautious is because there was a chance where the top players aiming for world first might find tweaks the Devs didn't notice and use Astrologians better than expected. So if they buffed Astrologians in that state it would have made Astrologians far more over powered.

The devs are aware that the lv60 DPS are dealing a huge amount of damage and some tank are having trouble keeping hate.

After looking at the A3 savage clear party set ups they consider there are no situations where people can't beat it because of a certain job is in the party. However they also noticed that there are bumps in which jobs are being used over others, so they will be aiming towards balancing out the jobs used in savage by continuing to watch which jobs are being used the most/least.

The first A3 savage clear was a few days earlier than they expected. Yoshida said that he thinks they were able to clear it first because they weren't afraid of trying new things out (like Dark knight) . When it comes to claiming world first he thinks flexibility is really important and just like team sports, having one great player doesn't allow you to be the best.

During the next live letter included in the 2nd anniversary 14 hour live broad cast(August 20th?) they will have a patch 3.1 introduction part 1. Part 2 will be revealed at Toky game show 2015. The next F.A.T.E event will be in kagoshima(sout west of japan) The date for patch 3.1 will be announced in one of the 3 evenst above.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Zereth posted:

Sometime in late 2010/early 2011, probably.

OK maybe I meant 3.1

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

nuru posted:

Did 2.0 have as much maintenance and emergency maintenance as we've had for Heavensward?

If anything it had way more. It's only once a week now but I remember around launch many times where they had hotfixes and emergency maintenance multiple times a week. I remember specifically because they would often break the launcher so I'd have to download the whole game again :v:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Can't wait for Yoshi P to just slap 20 more potency on Halone and call the threat issue solved.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Eej posted:

Can't wait for Yoshi P to just slap 20 more potency on Halone and call the threat issue solved.

Benefict potency has been increased by 20.
Aspected Benefict potency has been increased by 15.
Draw will now only draw Bole.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I usually run all of my regular alex and daily roulettes on my paladin and I never have trouble holding threat regardless of DPS configuration. I've got full 180 left side, a claw sword, and 190 rightside str accessories. Sadly I'm also usually top dps as well. I personally haven't seen any lagging behind of PLD dps compared to other tanks, but then again I'm rarely running savage content as a tank and who knows the quality of the other tank in pubbie alex.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mr. Nice! posted:

I usually run all of my regular alex and daily roulettes on my paladin and I never have trouble holding threat regardless of DPS configuration. I've got full 180 left side, a claw sword, and 190 rightside str accessories. Sadly I'm also usually top dps as well. I personally haven't seen any lagging behind of PLD dps compared to other tanks, but then again I'm rarely running savage content as a tank and who knows the quality of the other tank in pubbie alex.

The only time I ever have aggro issues is if A. I'm trying to get away with doing Goring or Royal Authority combos on trash packs with heavy AoE DPS in the party that have i200 weapons. or B. Running Alexander, it's so so much easier for WAR and DRK to grab the trash mobs off of me (this is only ever a problem at all in A2 really though, since the trash pulls are otherwise not noteworthy).

And I'm still on an i180 weapon.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Well you see that he's talking about balance around savage statistics so it seems like it's entirely possible that only "savage quality" dps would out threat a tank that knows what they're doing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mr. Nice! posted:

A competent Dragoon or BLM will rip hate off you if you are opening with Goring to maximize your Fight of Flight DPS unless you have Shadewalker.

Also in Sword Oath your rotation becomes Goring - 2x Halone combos. Meanwhile DRKs and WARs can go full ham.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
I don't know whether to praise or despise the men who created A4S.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Eej posted:

A competent Dragoon or BLM will rip hate off you if you are opening with Goring to maximize your Fight of Flight DPS unless you have Shadewalker.

Also in Sword Oath your rotation becomes Goring - 2x Halone combos. Meanwhile DRKs and WARs can go full ham.

If by full ham you mean using DA powerslash then sure, and then wondering why Grit cost so much loving mana and is a GCD to turn on later on in any fight where it matters. WAR having their highest potency combo be their threat combo is pretty bullshit, though.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

If voice chat becomes integrated, I will unsubscribe. Voice chat with randos is terrible in every game.

Can't find a game that has voice chat enable and great online experience.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I rarely ever rage and still hold hate. It isn't that hard. On bosses in sword oath I might toss in a rage every other goring blade, but I typically go goring blade -> RAx2 repeat without trouble.

Summoners are actually the only people that ever give me aggro trouble on big enough trash pulls. Any other job doesn't really cause any problems.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

When do the new Beast Tribe quests unlock, after I do their respective Ex-Primals?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SirPhoebos posted:

When do the new Beast Tribe quests unlock, after I do their respective Ex-Primals?

There aren't any quests yet like the old ones.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SirPhoebos posted:

They unlock in about a month and a half, most likely :v:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I rarely ever rage and still hold hate. It isn't that hard. On bosses in sword oath I might toss in a rage every other goring blade, but I typically go goring blade -> RAx2 repeat without trouble.

Summoners are actually the only people that ever give me aggro trouble on big enough trash pulls. Any other job doesn't really cause any problems.

I'm talking about Savage here.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I had two fantasia's so i decided to try out being a roe lady for a while

pretty dope imo

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

If it wasn't for mobs that don't do physical damage, I would say a good "fix" for PLD threat would be to take Shield Swipe off the GCD, make it cost no TP, and give it a cooldown of 10 seconds or so.
Speaking of mobs that don't do physical damage, I think it would be interesting if they gave PLD a toggle that significantly reduced their blocking stats in exchange for making shield block work on magic instead of physical damage.

For DRK, I still think they should just add something to Power Slash to make it more attractive to use. We've got one tank with their threat combo as their max potency combo, and one tank with a debuff on their threat combo, so throwing a buff on Power Slash would give it its own twist, instead of its current state of "it's poo poo and it doesn't do anything".

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Just make Sheltron restore TP instead of MP? Like, idk, that seems like it'd help a bunch.

That doesn't address like, the actual problem with PLD at the moment wherein some of the content right now is a bit heavy on magic tankbusters and I dont know if you address that by designing the fights or balancing the class. As it stands a lot of the PLDs I know have adapted just fine, but it's still irritating.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 11, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rei_ posted:

Just make Sheltron restore TP instead of MP? Like, idk, that seems like it'd help a bunch.

That doesn't address like, the actual problem with PLD at the moment wherein some of the content right now is a bit heavy on magic tankbusters and I dont know if you address that by designing the fights or balancing the class. As it stands a lot of the PLDs I know have adapted just fine, but it's still irritating.

If you're tanking how is tp an issue? Pop the shield block cool down and spam shield swipe for a few go refer tp back. I think it's ot plds that have tp issues and shield block restoring tp wouldn't help for that.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Holyshoot posted:

If you're tanking how is tp an issue? Pop the shield block cool down and spam shield swipe for a few go refer tp back. I think it's ot plds that have tp issues and shield block restoring tp wouldn't help for that.

Shield swipe is technically a dps loss now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
What I'd like to see is the goring blade combo with the same enmity generation that storm's path and eye get and a buff to shield bash by 30 potency so it isn't a dps loss anymore.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I think it just needs more usability testing generally speaking, if I'm on pld every button should feel like something I want to press because it'll do something useful. An example would be that right now pld pretty much just push sheldon on because it will eat an auto attack and restore some mana. Its visuals imply it should be a brace yourself for incoming move ability but its ineffective at that.

The best tanks should make everything easier for the party through their appropriate responses with situational awareness, that's always been the basic theory of tanks in mmos. Right now the biggest issues with the tanks is that they feel fussy and their abilities like shield swipe feel like they went from an opportunity to a detriment, no longer a choice but an active trap to make you worse.

Similarly with DRK playing optimally shouldn't lead to your eventual bad consequences, its kind of like how war was bad in 2.0 but not nearly to the same degree.

Having said that I'm fairly confident they'll fix these things it just sucks to deal with in the just after exp release lull.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I almost entirely ignore rage of halone and shield bash now. I only shield bash trash mobs that I can pacify and never use it on a boss and I only rage if someone is getting close in threat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My biggest problem with PLD is that spamming a zero-damage ability for AOE threat gen really sucks.

Duo
Aug 4, 2002
Is it still possible to get on Excalibur if I try early in the morning or something, or is it actually closed for good at the moment? If so I guess I'll just make my character on Hyperion :toot:

Also can someone briefly explain to someone new why people seem so upset over crafting? Did they make it easier to level in the expansion so people that did more grinding in the past are mad at the new people that can get there faster? At least that's what I've gotten from trying to read up on it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fister Roboto posted:

My biggest problem with PLD is that spamming a zero-damage ability for AOE threat gen really sucks.

You shouldn't be spamming it. It also provides some mitigation by blinding all the mobs. Basically I flash only to grab initial hate on a pack and to keep the blind debuff up. Otherwise I'm goring blade and passing out shield bashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Duo posted:

Also can someone briefly explain to someone new why people seem so upset over crafting? Did they make it easier to level in the expansion so people that did more grinding in the past are mad at the new people that can get there faster? At least that's what I've gotten from trying to read up on it.

I have no idea how you got that read because things are exactly the opposite of what you said from 50-60 to endgame now.

• Locked thread