Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
none pizza with left beef is art tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

People who freak out about 'loose corn' are weirdos who shouldn't be associated with.

Corn is good no matter the state of the cob.

Corn's good and all but it just seems like way too many of these terrible struggle plates just have a pile of loose corn on them. At least use the corn in something like chili or a casserole...anything but just dumping it on a plate.

its probably not that bad:ssh:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Minarchist posted:

At least use the corn in something like chili

what is wrong with you

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

titties posted:

what is wrong with you

There are no chili rules either :colbert:

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Minarchist posted:

There are no chili rules either :colbert:

they should do a double blind taste test between british "chili mac" and british "bolognese with elbow macaroni" and put the final nail in chili's coffin.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EorayMel posted:

This looks good, yes?

Rocky Mountain Oysters. AKA bull testicles. Probably would.

Have. Like so many things they can be done right or wrong. Done right, delicious, but rather chewy.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Samizdata posted:

Have. Like so many things they can be done right or wrong. Done right, delicious, but rather chewy.

Seconded, sliced and fried they're pretty good. I get em every year or so here in Cowtown at Bottlescrew Bills.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Minarchist posted:

Corn's good and all but it just seems like way too many of these terrible struggle plates just have a pile of loose corn on them. At least use the corn in something like chili or a casserole...anything but just dumping it on a plate.

Put it on the pizza.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Picnic Princess posted:

Put it on the pizza.

hell yeah

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The yellow stuff near the crust is sweet potato mash by the way. It's actually really tasty if really heavy and filling (potatoes on dough with sweet potato does that, how strange).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Picnic Princess posted:

Put it on the pizza.

What about chicken, guacamole, meatballs, and whipped cream (poured like waterfalls)?

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

What about chicken, guacamole, meatballs, and whipped cream (poured like waterfalls)?

I want all of that on bread and also to put it in my mouth.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I found an image so hosed up not even Imgur would accept an upload, even turning it into a PNG

I'm going to go wildcard here and say that it's not caviar, but actually the fat/jello globules from Oribtz, served on dry Italian bread.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
This is almost certainly salmon or trout eggs

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Could be snail eggs.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yeah that's salmon eggs on pilot bread, it's popular in the bush up here.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

pandaK posted:

hell yeah

I am intrigued by this dish and would like to subscribe to its newsletter, or yours, whichever one will tell me more about how to shove this in my mouth

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Minarchist posted:

its probably not that bad:ssh:

Well, Americans are taught from a young age that corn is a vegetable so therefore it must be healthy. Kids love it because it's sweet and starchy, and it's piss easy to cook canned or frozen. So people grow up eating this bullshit thinking it's healthy and, hey, it tastes good so they just continue that cycle of abuse into their adult life. So it's like their one strategy as a beginner cook. They do corn, and then they don't have to worry about their meal having vegetables or having side dishes ever again.

Having a parent who cooked who thought this way I can empathize with it, but it's still pretty sad. They wanted the meat and potatoes but felt guilty about no vegetables so they added corn in a failed attempt to absolve themselves. This kind of poo poo would go away if America had proper food education.

The thing I've learned in my years of learning how to cook, though, is that people are very committed to eating like garbage, and it doesn't matter how easy you try to make it for them to eat better. All they have to loving do is slide their hand a few inches left or right toward the frozen broccoli and it would be like 1000% better.

ErIog has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Aug 11, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cash crab posted:

I am intrigued by this dish and would like to subscribe to its newsletter, or yours, whichever one will tell me more about how to shove this in my mouth

It's from a Korean pizza chain called Mr. Pizza, though almost all the major chains in Korea have variations on the sweet potato mash border thing.

See Korean Pizza Hut's crown pizza, featuring little pockets of cream cheese and mashed sweet potatoes in the crust:

And Korean Domino's' "health food" pumpkin seed and sweet potato with whole grain wheat crust pizza:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I can understand sweet potatoes, those go pretty great with just about anything but cream cheese? On a pizza? I don't know about that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

There are no cream cheese rules, IMO

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

There are no cream cheese rules, IMO

Cream cheese doesn't go in root beer.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

PCOS Bill posted:

Cream cheese doesn't go in root beer.

Nothing goes in root beer because root beer is garbage

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

cash crab posted:

Root beer hitler :arghfist::cheers:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

cash crab posted:

:cry:

You're breaking my heart here, cc

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

cash crab posted:

I read this as a compliment since you love garbage. I also love garbage. Root beer is good, QED.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

cash crab posted:

:frogout:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Who doesn't like root beer floats? What sort of miserable gently caress hates on this?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

See yourself out.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

PCOS Bill posted:

See yourself out.

u_u okay

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

someone has clearly never had Not Your Father's Root Beer

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Who doesn't like root beer floats? What sort of miserable gently caress hates on this?

Meeeeeeeeeeee

I like root beer on it's own but I don't really care for ice cream in general.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Meeeeeeeeeeee

I like both but root beer/any soda float is not really my thing

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

AnonSpore posted:

And Korean Domino's' "health food" pumpkin seed and sweet potato with whole grain wheat crust pizza:

I'm practically addicted to eating seeds so I totally would.

Also, if you like floats, one up your game and replace the pop with slush instead. Where I work, we call them Screamers.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

RareAcumen posted:

Meeeeeeeeeeee

Maybe this is something more to your liking?

Also root beer floats with french vanilla ice cream is one of the best things, you guys poo poo on me for putting corn and chili but don't like gods gift to dessert beverages :catstare:

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm practically addicted to eating seeds so I totally would.

Also, if you like floats, one up your game and replace the pop with slush instead. Where I work, we call them Screamers.

What about root beer slush?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am becoming a dessert Hitler.

Sieg Pie!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Minarchist posted:

Maybe this is something more to your liking?

Also root beer floats with french vanilla ice cream is one of the best things, you guys poo poo on me for putting corn and chili but don't like gods gift to dessert beverages :catstare:

What about root beer slush?

We're not making GBS threads on you, we're making GBS threads on that drat, dirty raccoon with poor taste and judgement.

Also, in that last panel is a face of a man who's almost knurd.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

tribbledirigible posted:

We're not making GBS threads on you, we're making GBS threads on that drat, dirty raccoon with poor taste and judgement.

Also, in that last panel is a face of a man who's almost knurd.

This morning I drank straight cream and you guys are labouring under the delusion that my palate is something to be scrutinised under some normal metric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pour some coke and tequila in with that cream, have yourself a paralyzer

• Locked thread