Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

AttackTheMoon posted:

Just met the 400 hour mark on this game how do I continue to keep it interesting till Afterbirth?

play nuclear throne instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

play nuclear throne instead

Oh thanks, this totally owns

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

PostNouveau posted:

Oh thanks, this totally owns

yep! everyone get nuclear throne. it's tougher than isaac but it feels 'meatier' in a way and the devs have been actively developing it for forever, putting out updates near every week or two. also it involves 100% less poop.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

AttackTheMoon posted:

Just met the 400 hour mark on this game how do I continue to keep it interesting till Afterbirth?

race people

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I can objectively that it's harder because I'm not getting past the 4th level, but for some reason it feels like I'm the greatest player that ever lived at it. Jukes are too good

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
I'm waiting patiently for Enter the Gungeon, which just says "2016 release" on its steam page. It's halfway between Isaac and Nuclear Throne and looks like a lot of fun.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

yep! everyone get nuclear throne. it's tougher than isaac but it feels 'meatier' in a way and the devs have been actively developing it for forever, putting out updates near every week or two. also it involves 100% less poop.
Does Nuclear Throne have an ending yet? I get the appeal of seeing how far you can go each time, but the lack of a concrete end (besides your death obviously) has kept me away from it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The ending was always to beat the throne. The game just loops afterwards and you can keep playing, only the game is harder.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Just had this seed VP61 GG3G. Start as Isaac with D6 and clear the first floor. The curse room on floor 2 will have a Bobs brain in a stone chest and a red chest Guppy item, reroll them to 2 more Guppy items.

I don't even remember the rest of the seed, Guppy on floor 2 was crazy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

I only play Isaac for the poo poo.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

also it involves 100% less poop.

Game ruined imo

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Enter the Gungeon looks awesome. Thanks for making me aware of it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Inside Out Mom posted:

Enter the Gungeon looks awesome. Thanks for making me aware of it.

Oh wow, you weren't kidding. That game looks great.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Also, Dungeon Lords is already out and has more variety IMO than nuclear throne--it recaptures a little of the Isaac style discovery. Whereas NT is very focused on combat that feels good and is hard.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I like NT and it made me try BoI which I'm still new at. I'm glad there's already more games lined up.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So I've been trying to finish up the list of challenges before activating everything is terrible with my next Mom's Heart kill.

All I've got left is Head Trauma and Solar System. :suicide:

How are you supposed to kill Mom's Heart with this lovely fly game.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/126390851399/refreshing-afterbirth-update-19

:siren: new blog update :siren:

Talks about the new game mode slightly and how shops have a big part of it, as well as a new re-stock item that refreshes the shop pool.
They also have a release date set and will reveal it soon.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The new mode seems like you don't get items each floor, but have an increased money drop rate and have to buy your items. At least that's what it looks like to me. :shrug:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm guessing it's some kind of Greed mode since they keep making references to Greed. Unless they are deliberately misleading people.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What's more interesting imo are the new items in the shop. The big 15 cent items are a bomb upgrade that looks like Wrath's head and a big pill. There's also a new 5 cent item. It looks like a little 6-sided die?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The big pill looks like a suppository. In a game full of poop jokes I could believe it. What it does, on the other hand, I don't have the first idea.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Poops gain a chance to drop pills?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Sartorius posted:

The new mode seems like you don't get items each floor, but have an increased money drop rate and have to buy your items. At least that's what it looks like to me. :shrug:

There's still an item room on the map, so it would have to change that too rather than just removing it

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

MrL_JaKiri posted:

There's still an item room on the map, so it would have to change that too rather than just removing it

Oh, I didn't notice that. drat, thought I had something good.
....Maybe it makes them rooms filled with money, or something? All the Greed hidden links makes that seem plausible, even if it's still grasping at straws that may or may not be there.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It's got more cool features than notmal mode, but you have to pay $0.99 every time you play.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wonder how expensive Afterbirth will be. How much was Wrath of the Lamb at the time?

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Manatee Cannon posted:

Wonder how expensive Afterbirth will be. How much was Wrath of the Lamb at the time?

i think it was £1.50-£2 in the UK.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd expect 5-10$

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

asterioth posted:

I'd expect 5-10$

Most of the time, i'd expect 2-5$, but 1 in every 10 or 20 purchases might be 5-15$, depending on luck-ups.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The latest post also said there'd be a discount for people who pre-ordered it.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
That's pointless for me. I'm in the womb.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

IMJack posted:

The big pill looks like a suppository. In a game full of poop jokes I could believe it. What it does, on the other hand, I don't have the first idea.

Some people say it's supposedly the Placebo pill that was suggested in the item idea thread on the reddit, basically a blank card version for pills.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

That's pointless for me. I'm in the womb.

It's a devil deal

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

asterioth posted:

I'd expect 5-10$

I'm calling it at 7.50

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Maybe they'll take after AAA gaming and do a $30 season pass

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Ed was fielding some questions on Tumblr earlier.

Idunno, I like seeing what goes on in this guy's head.

Edit:

IMJack fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 12, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

"Isaac 2 sequel"

...Okay then.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Carbon dioxide posted:

"Isaac 2 sequel"

...Okay then.

I don't understand what you're saying

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Read the post above mine again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Carbon dioxide posted:

"Isaac 2 sequel"

...Okay then.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Read the post above mine again.

Nowhere does the specific combination of words "Isaac 2 Sequel" appear in the post above yours.